What do you have?/What would you replace?

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Saying you like something is one thing. Saying you’d spend $$$ to replace it is something else. What do you like enough that you’d lay down the bucks to replace it?

I had a lot of gear that I sold off or gave away. Now I am down to 3 types.

The Mighty

This one is tough. If my Mighty went down I most likely would replace it with a different session vaporizer. I would most likely replace it with a Solo 2. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with the Mighty. On the contrary, I love my Mighty. Nor am I saying the Solo 2 is better. Unfortunately it’s too expensive for me to replace.

Ghost MV1

I think them going out of business answers that. My first one was used, crapped out with no warranty. I did replace it. I rarely use my Ghost now so it doesn’t really matter they are out of business. Actually my MV1 is fantastic, but it’s not much in the lineup. If I didn’t prefer my vapcaps as on-demand I would probably try to pick up a used firefly.

Vapcap

I will always have a vapcap around. If I lost my Simrell I would use my Omnivap XL (happily), but I’d save up to replace it. If I lost my Omnivap XL (and Simrell didn’t exist) I would use the body of my 20M (has the best airflow) and get a new omnivap xl condenser to use with it. I actually prefer it to the Omnivap stem. I would definitely replace the low temp cap though.

I have an OG Dynavap. The flavor is genuinely exquisite. The glass tip really makes a difference, at least to me. I would definitely try to replace it. I’m terrified of breaking it so it only comes out for the special weed.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I would not replace the Mighty with a Solo II or any other wimpy session vape.

I'd let the mv1 break as they inevitably do and move on to any of the exquisite on demand convection portables that tickle your fancy:

Splinter V2 or ZV2 ($130 to $180) - always my first recommendation for home use because the performance for the price is unparalleled. Get a $40 Wismec RX Gen3 Dual and some LG HG2 cells plus the XL8R cooling stems and/or a WPA to round out your kit.

Tinymight ($258) - has almost no learning curve, requires no assembly and is truly portable unlike the Splinter. More expensive, fussier to clean, and has a month or more wait since they do batch drops.

Tetra P80 ($235) - pre-configured and high performance like the vapes above. It usually has a six week wait like the Tinymight. More stem versatility like the Splinter but shares the looser ground glass joint so also not truly portable since the stem and vape should be separate for any kind of pocket carry.

Vapcaps are awesome but you're behind the times if you think your OG is delivering in the flavor department. If you're worried about breaking your old one maybe just spring for a 2019 or 2020 Vapcap M. I'm also a fan of induction heaters so I'd consider a Flux Deluxe and/or some model of plug in heater.

On the unregulated side I recommend the Milaana and the OG Sticky Brick. Great rituals, great performance, and very straightforward. A Lotus would be another great choice in that category.

Don't stray down the path of the old, plastic session vapes until you've experienced the glory of on demand convection. Your MV1 was supposed to deliver the kind of performance that the Tetra, TM, and Splinter Z provide but it was poorly designed, overpriced, and unreliable. Replacing that and your Mighty with any two of the vapes mentioned above will be a glorious upgrade. For example, you could have an OG Brick, Splinter, Milaana, or Lotus at home and a Tinymight for vaping out.

Last edited:

Bazinga

I am in total agreement with Bossman about the Mighty and the Solo II. I sold my Solo II because compared to the Mighty and the Splinter the draw resistance was just too much for my taste (pun intended). I'm have no intention of ridding myself of my Mighty or my Splinter(s).

Easywider

Simple is the way
I agree, keep the mighty, I don't think you'll find a better experience out of a mass-produced vape. Splinters are pure convection powerhouses, no matter the model you choose. For the price, you really can't beat the performance. Mighty for on the go, splinter for an at-home powerhouse, and your vap cap for the apocalypse but you may want to update to a non-breakable version.

Easywider,
Reactions: acstorfer
I have the Splinter V2 and was so impressed with it I went out and bought the Splinter Z as well, Coupled with the Odin DNA 250c /wismec RX gen 3 Dual mods and a XL8R I consider this the sweet spot for a home /semi portable vape (would not change for anything out there at the moment)

The Crafty+ is also a good vape has good draw resistance and produces a tasty vapor which is surprising as it is made of plastic, this is my go to for a portable vape.
I would consider changing this to the Tinymight due to the fact it is made out of better materials and produces great clouds

Everyone who vapes should have a Dynavap in their collection

My next purchase will either be the Woodscents by ed's TNT or the Ditanium for a plugin home vape

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Vapcaps are awesome but you're behind the times if you think your OG is delivering in the flavor department. If you're worried about breaking your old one maybe just spring for a 2019 or 2020 Vapcap M. I'm also a fan of induction heaters so I'd consider a Flux Deluxe and/or some model of plug in heater.

I already have a 19M (never used), 20M (never used), omnivap XL ti (I’ll always appreciate it Bud!), and Simrell. I ordered an Alpine IH. Hopefully that won’t be a colossal waste. I also have my name on the waiting list for another IH.

I’m not planning on getting rid of my Mighty. If it breaks though, I’m going less expensive. I had an Air. I gave it to my neighbor. There was actually quite a bit I liked about it. I figured a Solo 2 would be a step up of that. No plans on a purchase now.

If I needed to replace both battery vapes then definitely a TinyMight!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
My breakdown goes like this

Weedeater- without it I'd be smoking much more often than I do which is only 5 % of the time. I can micro dose or session a bigger load in the shovel head bowl. If I somehow broke it ( which is pretty much impossible), lost it in a move or had it stolen, I would go into debt to buy another one instantly.

Dynavap- this one is my mega micro doser though sometimes I'll vape the whole bowl most of the time I just take a on demand hit every 20-60 minutes. Again if something happened I would instantly replace it and since I just use a titanium tip on a wpa it wouldn't break the bank but I'd probably pay double if I had to. I could get by micro dosing with the weedeater but I would really miss my Dynavap.

Ditanium- I initially used this vape quite a bit and I still like it now but since moving away from bigger bowls I don't use daily or even weekly, pretty much a handful of times a month. Still I enjoy it when I use it but mostly use it to micro dose shatter which it ablely does, I can do dabs that would be lost in my banger or if I'm in the mood a big lung buster so it's versatile. I have the whipless glass adapter for smaller size loads but when push comes to shove I usually go with the Weedeater for small loads. If it died on me I probably wouldn't replace it, just to expensive for the amount of use I get from it but it has a lifetime warranty so I'm not overly concerned.

Crafty- this one was my first vape but I was never overly fond of it. For the most part the bowl size was too big and I mostly half packed with the liquid pad. Cleaning was a pain because you can't soak the pieces in ISO. Heat up time never bothered me but I didn't like how I constantly out pasted the heater. Sessions for my taste were on the long side and I didn't like the stream of vapour coming from it between draws. Didn't like it for concentrate found the session to cooch on forever and wasn't super impactful. I mainly use it for cbd when I want a bigger bowl a couple times a month basically only when my back is out. If someone offered me a trade I'd probably go for it or if it dies I wouldn't replace it.

Ccell palm- this one I picked up to have a quick stealthy puff while out and about or walking the dog but I never got great results. I'm not sure if it the vape or the carts I was able to get were crap. I'm currently waiting on live resin carts to know for sure. As it stands now I could easily do without it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I’m not planning on getting rid of my Mighty. If it breaks though, I’m going less expensive. I had an Air. I gave it to my neighbor. There was actually quite a bit I liked about it. I figured a Solo 2 would be a step up of that. No plans on a purchase now.
That's a bad plan: the best thing about the Mighty is the draw resistance and that's the worst thing about the Air and Solo II.

Presumably you started this thread to see what the portable landscape was like for when the time comes to replace or upgrade your portables. If you like ten year old session vapes with tight draw resistance, slow heat up, slower extraction, and an included fanny pack then go for that Solo II.

Better plan: list your used Mighty for $200 US or more on Reddit to fund an on demand convection portable. Folks on reddit even buy MV-1s despite them being a failed product from a failing company. I sold my Mighty about a year ago with no regrets and gave away my Solo II to a friend who replaced it with a Fury 2 for better portability and draw resistance.

bossman,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Mod Note: triplicate posts merged

That's a bad plan: the best thing about the Mighty is the draw resistance and that's the worst thing about the Air and Solo II.

Presumably you started this thread to see what the portable landscape was like for when the time comes to replace or upgrade your portables. If you like ten year old session vapes with tight draw resistance, slow heat up, slower extraction, and an included fanny pack then go for that Solo II.

Better plan: list your used Mighty for $200 US or more on Reddit to fund an on demand convection portable. Folks on reddit even buy MV-1s despite them being a failed product from a failing company. I sold my Mighty about a year ago with no regrets and gave away my Solo II to a friend who replaced it with a Fury 2 for better portability and draw resistance.
Why would I sell my Mighty? I have an MV1. I am so confused by your replies.

No. I started this thread to see what people would replace if their gear went down.

You were using the Air/Solo incorrectly. There is no draw. There is no point on sucking on it. It’s meant to be sipped on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sticky13

Owned and passed on..
SSV
DynaVap M'17 & '19

Still own ..
RBT Splinter and Z + LostVape DNA250c Mod TC custom profile + WPA.
TinyMight.
Dynavap M'18 + EasyFlow WPA, M'20 & Omni.. + IH.

RBT's Z and a DNA mod is my fav :D

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
RBT's Z and a DNA mod is my fav :D
So good on a DNAc, yeah. I have two customs and two ZV2s all paired with those.

Why would I sell my Mighty? I have an MV1. I am so confused by your replies.
I was pointing out that you have the option to sell your used stuff to try something else. It was my fault going off topic and describing what I'd do to improve your remaining vapes (e.g. selling that mv1 since they still have takers even though it's gonna break sooner than later). No worries though and sorry for the confusion.

Sticky13

@bossman dont dude lol .. I have 2x custom Zee's, Lace and Purp's + DNA250c Gunmetal/Black&Grey Keviar. I have been eyeing another DNA mod by Rebel, but they are a pricey!

Love these paired with a tuned TC profile, god can this thing rip some terps ;) .. Easy my go to session vape, or the VC for the late quiet nightcaps.

The Tinymight is my babybeast if I want a quick phat rip on the go.. Not the most stealthy, but by the time this thing rips through a bowl, I doubt anyone would batter an eyelid.

Do like a Vapcap with an IH too, I have a couple DIY ones around the house.. but been eyeing Fluxer's new lil'un. Im normally a trooper with VAS, but I struggling to justify why I shouldnt buy one lol .. Its so chilled laying in bed with the VC.

Last edited:

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
OWN- Too many to list, I'd end up forgetting some. Gave away several

Lately I have been eying the Art of Vapor - VapBong.

HughJundys,

LabPong

Shelved all and using stempod,dreamwood18 for flower and sai\sequoia for trates.
The 510 revolution is real and ain't no joke.

That would totally depend on how you are using the vape. Mobile use.....yea they work good...but not revolutionary....they have been around for many years now.

But if your talking home use....no I would not grab any of my 510's except may a RBT Z for sipping on early in the day. For me...normal vaping...please give me my rig with water and any of the following first......

Tinymight
G43 Mod
G43 Sled
G43 wall powered
Elev8r torch
Elev8r coil
Lotus with glass wpa
Ti Vapcap glass body torch
Ti vapcap glass body IH
710 enail........
:wink:

To be not......OT........ If any break.....I can fix them and not need to replace with others!

arb

Semi shaved ape
That would totally depend on how you are using the vape. Mobile use.....yea they work good...but not revolutionary....they have been around for many years now.

But if your talking home use....no I would not grab any of my 510's except may a RBT Z for sipping on early in the day. For me...normal vaping...please give me my rig with water and any of the following first......

Tinymight
G43 Mod
G43 Sled
G43 wall powered
Elev8r torch
Elev8r coil
Lotus with glass wpa
Ti Vapcap glass body torch
Ti vapcap glass body IH
710 enail........
:wink:

To be not......OT........ If any break.....I can fix them and not need to replace with others!
The only one on your list I did not shelve is the g43.
I will add volcano,ssv,dbv,lsv,e-nano,woodscents,underdog,mighty,solo,air,quartz banger,sic enail and probably a couple more I can't remember.
Different strokes I reckon.

rebar,
My lineup feels pretty solid right now. I'm not eyeing much, nor do I feel like selling any of these.

Woodscents - this is my daily driver and my favorite vape to date, hands down. I don't see anything topping it anytime soon. The most versatile, consistent unit I have. Love the ritual and aesthetics. I finally realized logs are the perfect style for me. I'm eyeing an Underdog so I can put two logs head to head...

Vapman - Currently my second option, with the station. Love having a unique option like this, and I doubt I'll ever part with it.

Omnivap - I had a bit of a hiatus from cannabis for a 2-3 year period. The first vape I bought when I "came back" was a Dynavap, the 2018 M. Soon upgraded to an Omni and haven't looked back. I mostly stopped using this for a while, but it's making a resurgence in my rotation. Really enjoy it through water. Just added an IH to the mix too. New stems could be in my future - I'd love a custom 14mm stem or maybe a Simrell Vortex. This is the only vape I'd take out of the house. Perfect for traveling since it doesn't need batteries and it's easy to fully clean.

Sticky Brick OG - This was my #2 option for a while, but it's recently taken a backseat to the rest. Mostly because it doesn't excel with small amounts as much as the others. Sure, you can load .05g, but this thing was made for giant rips IMO. That can be super fun, but I generally prefer smaller loads. Still, this is a really cool vape and I've definitely gone on a few big runs with it.

Over the years, I've realized I'm not a big fan of dealing with batteries, and I also value quality craftsmanship and aesthetics. Plus, I'm a lightweight, so anything that works great with small amounts is a win in my book. Portability is not a big priority, as 99% of my usage occurs in my apartment. But, I do like having relatively discrete vapes with a small footprint.

It's been a fun journey, and it's never really over, is it?

Last edited:

ginolicious

I would probably replace my firefly2+ with another one. I love the vape. It’s perfect for me to have a few hits and then go do something. Super reliable and easy to clean.

KurtSmoooth

Really like this thread. Cool to see what others have tried and enjoyed.

Vapes tried/sold: Flowermate v5, boundless cfx, Tera, original crafty, SSV, e nano, mv1, fury, fury edge, probably something else I am missing.- Oh the sticky brick.

Vapes that stuck around and I still own: (3) dynavaps, (2) tetrax's and an LSV. The dynas and tetras get used the most. The LSV is for guests since it is stupid easy to use for weed smoking friends.

So after buying and trying too many the ones I truly truly enjoy are the Dynavaps and Tetrax from Funkyjunk. These give me the best effects while being the most enjoyable for me to use. :)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I had / have the opportunity to try and test a bunch of different vapes every now and then and am always curious for new and hyped stuff, but my own collection is small.

The Dynavaps are easily my favorite toys. It started with the M18, then came the Omni XL, induction heaters, I even won a Turbo Glass in a Dynavap Live show (nobody talks about them, they're actually quite cool). These days I pretty much exclusively use →two custom stems from KGWoodcrafts / @Khelek41girl, one w/o condenser, one with a spinning mouthpiece, both with titanium tips. They're incredible, there's no way I will ever give them away. IH is a Mag Heater Professional which I also love quite a lot. I'm waiting (for quite a while now...) for a Slim Automatic IR, a temp sensing IH, also from Mag Heater. Preordered in February, was scheduled for mid March, then came Corona... Should be here any day. I guess. So yeah, I don't look much around to purchase other vapes, but I'm always open for anything Dynavap related. They just have the perfect vibe for me.

While I use the Dynavaps mostly, the Tinymight still has an important spot in my collection. First of all it's super reliable in delivering instant, hard, yet smooth hits. It's so easy! Once a day (at least) I enjoy being slapped to the moon, and that's exactly what the TM does. It's also much easier to share with others than the DVs (that's why I originally got it). I do think the Tinymight is a great VAS killer.

For now I'm quite happy with my stuff. :)

Last edited:

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
For me, some of my first vapes 2 years ago were the Fury 2, Crafty, and Dynavap. I was just getting into the game and did not care for the Fury. I tried a Tera, but didn't like that either. That's when I pretty much wrote off the mass produced vapes. I do have a few here and there, like the FF2 and ArGo, but I usually shoot for either the artisan vapes, or on demand vapes.

My general go-tos in the portable arena are the RBT Mi 2/3, TinyMight, SledG43, Dynavaps, FW6, and funny enough the MFLB. They each have a special charm to them and I just really enjoy using them.

If I'm being honest though, for the past month, I've been on a heavies kick, and have been using my VRod, SledG43, Ti Grasshopper, and Enano more than anything else. I keep an induction heater and a few loaded Vapcaps by my bedside for sleepy time.

I do go through style waves though, and on occasion I'll get on a butane kick. That's when I use my OG Brick, Triihouse Lily, Lotus, and O'ConnellWoodWorks OHV.

I have a Vapman that's been sitting in another state in transit limbo for 2 months, but unfortunately, I don't think that's going to pan out. I think it's officially lost to Covid. That's the only other vape I've been wanting. Outside of that I wouldn't want to replace anything that I have. I use all of my vapes either for personal enjoyment or for business use making accessories for them, so what I have will be staying around.

I will say that I greatly prefer full convection on demand vapes, but can appreciate all styles. If you check my signature, you can see a list of my current vapes

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
There are so many vapes in the closet, I guess I'll stick to the highlights.

First vape ever: Vapor Bros box vape. Very effective. Too bulky unless you need to get a football team high.

The Lotus: Was a daily driver for my first 1-2 years. Don't know when I'll use it again, but its too well made to sell. Worth keeping, the stainless wpa is legendary.

e-nano: such an awesome desk top. A daily driver for 5 years. Once I can leave my vapes out in the open again, that bad boy will come out for good. Never, ever would I sell it so no need to buy it again. It will last forever, and I bought it back when they still offered a lifetime warranty on all parts. My best piece of glass is a carbed gong, custom made by Joda, for the nano.

original Firefly: Big hype, big price, pain to clean, shitty batteries, most disappointing vape for me. Damn thing was expensive too.

Fury 2: While not a killer as a DD. This little guy is a life saver when on the road, walking down the street, camping, the beach, the park. So compact, easy to use. I would buy another or maybe upgrade to the Edge. A must have for those occasions.

Boundless Terp pen: Don't laugh. If you love some concentrates, this little bastard is the best for quick tasty hits. Does it replace a enail? no. Can you load it up, carry it around and blast it on demand? Oh yes! Great for the same times as the Fury 2 or when you need a very quick sess on rosin. For like twenty bucks? Come on, go get one. Don't let it run dry.

The Dynavaps: A love/hate existance for so long. Hated them when the tips had very high draw resistance and there weren't any induction heaters. Torches suck. However, with more modern tips and using the mouthpull technique, plus almost everything that @Pipes makes, my dynavaps are my go to vapes. The collection continues to grow, and I just sent a set up to my father for Father's Day.

and don't get me started on enails, buckets, bangers, mods, coils, and shit. That's a whole 'nother post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom