What do you do for a living?

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
Just curious of what everyone does for a living, haven't seen a thread like this so I thought I would make one. I work for a landscaping company.

lwien

Cool, must be nice being out in the fresh air all day.

Kinda the antithesis of that.

kj4s.jpg

But seriously, spent my whole civilian life in the retail advertising/marketing/sales game. Before that, I was a spy. Now retired.

Last edited:

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Disability retired construction electrician, landscape company owner, diesel engine distributor stores manager, int'l trade communications officer, mechanic, bouncer...... the list went on & I was never satisfied while I bored quickly.

Now I sit on my ass on a shitty pension and relieve my pains with mj while trying to keep up my lil hobby horse farm.

Ask me again in six months ;)

vape4health

Commercial construction. Lots of EPDM and standing seam metal roofs. Getting into solar also.

Interesting seeing what other's do for scratch.

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Cool, must be nice being out in the fresh air all day.

I work as a Support Worker for people with Autism.

i thank you. my little bro has autism.

i work in a nursing home. "therapeutic recreation" basically i watch movies, hang out, play games, basically make their lives as happy as possible until their time. i also work at a pizza/sub joint beasting out perfect pizzas.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Now, now...don't judge a book by its cover. :spliff:

im just playin, i actually love your name ha. we had a bath salts tweeker in town that was caught humping a tree in mid winter (northern minnesota) while naked. "those are still around?" probably wasnt tha best question to ask right after mom told me about that..

KidFated.,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

im just playin, i actually love your name ha. we had a bath salts tweeker in town that was caught humping a tree in mid winter (northern minnesota) while naked. "those are still around?" probably wasnt tha best question to ask right after mom told me about that..

I've been to Minnesota a few times...I am not surprised to hear of a naked man hugging a tree. :D

11eleven11

I do office administration and trading (futures mostly). Professional trading is the career I want. I study price action relentlessly and trade in simulation every day, have a good simulation profit running since June (real traders may laugh at that since sim is easier because it's less emotional), and only read trading books. I trust myself more and more and soon I'll move back to using real money once again, but I'll likely lose. I've lost a lot in order to learn and had to keep switching back to sim. It's a hard zero sum game and the only people actually trading are professionals & institutions with proven strategies or backtested & profitable computer algorithmic systems that can do fast trades no human can. If they weren't profitable they wouldn't be using money live.

The only way to get anywhere near good is to get your ass wooped over and over until you start understanding the probabilities and what the underlying price action is saying.

No trade is an absolute certainty - the highest probability are brief obscure opportunities with a probability of 60% max, because no one else would take the other side of the trade if yours was 90% and there's was 10%. It's not profitable.

And to make it even more balanced and tough, the high probability trades are usually higher risk and less profit. Lower probability trades are typically more profit but you lose more often. It's a constant balance of reward, risk, and probability. And if you are good enough to recognize probability (which is very hard), you might squeeze out a small edge for yourself resulting in profit.

I mainly watch the ES (S&P500 futures) all day from open to close. Watching tick by tick all day gets tiring, and having to do my main job on top of it is pretty demanding.

It's fun to extract what's going on just from price action analysis. My favorite trades are when one side gets trapped in a shit position and need to get out, and that's where you get in. When they cover to exit it boosts the market in your direction. (example, sellers having to buy back their shorts at a loss as the market moves higher - their buying is buying pressure along with others already buying, and it moves the market higher)

Anyway, it takes years and years to become pro, and the majority wash out and fail.

The pro trader that I look up to phrases it like this - anyone can play golf, but few can do it good enough to make money doing it like Tiger Woods.

It's a very good analogy and many newcomers to the market do not understand that, or understand the grueling amount of dedication and practice it takes. They make a few lucky trades with poor money management skills and think they're special talent, then a little while later risk way too much and get wiped out. They'll do things like take profits way too early because they're too scared the market might turn around - showing an inability to stay objective and handle emotions. Then when they have a losing trade the winners don't offset the losers and their p&l is in the dirt. etc.

You have to be experienced and at your best when trading or else you'll fail. Because your edge is very very small.

To me it's the toughest challenge I've faced in life yet and I am willing to put in the time and effort to make a living doing this.

THIS CONCLUDES MY MINI NOVEL! ¡! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom