What causes a high or low tolerance ?

ccroller

lwien said:
rabblerouser said:
i also i think if you do it regularly enough you may just need more to reach the same high.

I've been doing it regularly longer than most here have been alive.

R we still talking about vaping!? LOLOLOL

ccroller,

lwien

ccroller said:
lwien said:
rabblerouser said:
i also i think if you do it regularly enough you may just need more to reach the same high.

Naw. Talking about the consumption of cannabis. When I started this thread, I wasn't inquiring just about vaping but rather tolerance to THC regardless of the method of ingestion.

Edit: Ooops. Maybe I took that wrong way........... :uhoh:. If so.................nevermind. :|

lwien,

ccroller

lwien said:
ccroller said:
lwien said:

Naw. Talking about the consumption of cannabis. When I started this thread, I wasn't inquiring just about vaping but rather tolerance to THC regardless of the method of ingestion.

LOL guess my humor wasnt as much as my ION let me think it was. I was just making a joke about your comment sounding like your a SEXUAL TYRANASAUR!! Guess it was only funny to me. Sorry.

ccroller,

lwien

ccroller said:
LOL guess my humor wasnt as much as my ION let me think it was. I was just making a joke about your comment sounding like your a SEXUAL TYRANASAUR!! Guess it was only funny to me. Sorry.

Naw. No need to apologize. I took it wrong way, so..........the apology is mine.

Oh, and I AM a sexual tyrannosaurus. :brow:

lwien,

wthanna

The only withdrawal symptoms I've experienced when taking a break is: "I really wish I had some bud" and very vivid dreams after a few days without. :2c:

"Aplogy" edit

Sorry, I had been away from my computer for quite some time and did not refresh my browser when I returned. This post is in response to a previous post regarding supposed "withdrawal symptoms" from cannabis

..and now back to your regularly scheduled program..

wthanna,

djonkoman

ccroller said:
OO said:
Vicki said:
Aren't the buds still wet? I can't work with bud that hasn't been properly dried and cured myself.
works great in the HA.

They dont know what their missing! We might be on to something here.
I've done it too this harvest with my VG, it did take a little more time as usual(first vaping the water out, those hits were delicious btw, and then since it shrinks the bowls are small too), but ok to already try out the harvest and enjoy it during trimming

I once read btw that weeduse makes your endocannabinoid levels 8 times higher, contrary to most drugs wich make the body produce less of the body's own version of the active ingredient)
wich would also explain why most stoners are peacefull even when not stoned(I've also noticed in myself that I'm more peacefull as before I started smoking/vaping)(mice who were genetically engineered for blocked cannabinoidreceptors, or no production of endocannabinoids, don't know for sure wich, expressed among others agressive behaviour)

djonkoman,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
ccroller said:
The main symptoms are mild irratability and mild to severe insomnia for about 5 days while your mind gets right.

wthanna said:
The only withdrawal symptoms I've experienced when taking a break is: "I really wish I had some bud" and very vivid dreams after a few days without.

Just finished a two week tolerance break myself and experienced all of the above, but was expecting to do so having taken many breaks before.
The irritability is next to nothing and easily psychologically overcome if you just recognise it's a natural reaction for some and lasts about two days if that.

The thing that interests me more is the insomnia and vivid dreaming. Biologically speaking, what is it that causes that insomnia? Because for at least 3 nights out of the first week I was having some trouble sleeping - unless I had done something particularly tiresome that day or had a few alcoholic drinks in the evening. Just wondering what exactly is going on in your brain to cause that inability to get to sleep as quickly as usual.
And the vivid dreaming certainly came through a few nights too, sometimes in the morning it would feel as if there'd been like an eruption of dreams that had been building up or something. I know the biology of dreams is still a rather murky scientific field but certainly a fascinating one.

Re. high and low tolerance - apart from plain consumption-based theories, there's going to be few general rules that will apply to everyone, so many factors will be able to affect everyone's unique internal-chemistry in so many ways.

wilf789,

lwien

wilf789 said:
And the vivid dreaming certainly came through a few nights too, sometimes in the morning it would feel as if there'd been like an eruption of dreams that had been building up or something. I know the biology of dreams is still a rather murky scientific field but certainly a fascinating one.

Regarding the dreaming thing, it's been proven that cannabis can inhibit REM sleep and being that this is the place where dreams happen, it is then only logical that when one goes on a t-break, you then may experience in increase in REM as a way of your brain trying to catch up. Kind of the same thing as what happens if you get a bit sleep deprived and you then go into a catch up mode by sleeping a lot.

lwien,

luchiano

lwien, I used to think the same thing about cannabis and dreams until I changed my diet and now I still have dreams when puffing.

I think what happens is when you puff a lot and don't eat more complex carbs with very little protein before bed, the stored melatonin is released and this will leave less melatonin that will give REM sleep.

When you eat a lot of complex carbohydrates with only a little protein before you go to bed you will have more deep dreams because the complex carbs will constantly release the tryptophan throughout the night that will go to the brain to be converted to melatonin in high amounts because it is dark and you puffed herb which releases melatonin in high amounts. When you wake up you will feel like you was sleeping all day and had a full rest even though it was only a few hours.

Most people eat a lot of protein with their meals at night and this makes it hard for a lot of the tryptophan to get to the brain because tyrosine and tryptophan compete for the same sites to get to the brain and when you don't eat a lot of carbs less insulin is released to send the tyrosine to the muscles which will leave more tryptophan to the brain. When more tyrosine goes to the brain it gets converted to dopamine which makes dreams feel real but too much of it can give nightmares and make the dream too scary because it feels real and not letting you feel relaxed and in control which causes a lot of people to wake up. Basically it stimulates you too much which is what you don't want when sleeping because sleeping is the time for our brain to rewire itself and stay healthy and strong and you need to be still and relaxed for a few hours to get this done.

luchiano,

rtwoite

Hi there. This is my first post. I have a legendary low tolerance. One small puff of regular bud is enough to take me to the moon and back. I do start to develop a tolerance after a while, but if I just wait a couple days it goes away. Waking up early, fiber and healthy diet, drinking tea, coffee(love it), and excercise bring me back to a regular tolerance faster.

I ordered the mflb and it should be arriving tomorrow. I like my bud grinded fine when I vape and it looks like I may be able to titrate the dose a bit better with smaller amounts. Too high is no fun for me. I also have a very low tolerance for alcohol, but that runs in our family.

I had no idea cats were such popular avatars until I had to pick one for my account.

Happy Vaping

rtwoite,

jambolaya

luchiano said:
I explained it in this thread if you want to go in depth:http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4155&p=1

Simply, if you want to keep puffing high amounts to get really high yet still have a low tolerance you shoul eat certain foods such as Cruciferous vegetables and other green leafy vegetables to allow your liver to be able to work efficiently at detoxifying certain chemicals, sweat so these chemicals can be eliminated with exercise or an infrared sauna if you have access to one, and eat a lot of fiber to eliminate through the feces and this will keep your tolerance low(psyllium husk drink after every meal is a start).
Does this mean i have a very good liver? Because i have a high tolerance for alcohol, but a low tolerance for weed.

jambolaya,

luchiano

danielofski, I can't say yes or no because alcohol works on different parts than cannabis. For instance there was a time where I can still feel alcohols affects, although not nearly as strong as it once was, but not get drunk at all. I would get the relaxed feeling but no drunkenness and this is because of the stress I was going through depleting my dopamine levels but I still felt the relaxing affects because I still had good gaba levels. So I wouldn't say it's the liver in the case of alcohol even though it does play a role because I still wouldn't get hangovers and if I did they went away quick.

Dopamine still affects the high from cannabis but it isn't the end all be all because you can still get high even though your levels are low but that isn't the case with alcohol and I know this from experience.

luchiano,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
for alcohol, they definitely have identified certain genes which give you a higher tolerance, these are also linked to alcoholism.

rabblerouser,
Top Bottom