• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

HerbieVonVapster

Thanks that's a great deal on that mod. Really like the battery life and how well the wooden 510 device look on it. Here's it with a iheat, splinterZ and the splinter. It might not have replay and a color screen still a nice mod. I stopped using replay with the DNA250c so comes down to color screen the style and price.

Notice mods are increasing in price so makes this a even better deal. When price difference was $20-30 bucks felt the DNA250c a better investment. Has the newest tech replay better screen etc.
Now with most 3 battery DNA250c being in the $130-150 range makes this a much more viable option.

Remember thou I stopped using replay. I know a lot folks like it so take that into consideration :)

2lo16s1.jpg
n1vwic.jpg
iw6oau.jpg

subway13029

Ok since I am a total moron and can’t download articles Fox and my mod sucks as is..what’s the best deal/option to use for a future splinter z and I have a taf sequoia with the titanium bucket that I’m wanting to give a go but I can’t use the crapola I have..

subway13029,
Reactions: BigJr48

Tommy10

I have a vaporesso polar for W-juice, only just discovered the splinter the other day, very keen. TC and BP mode, 220w should go alright with herb attachments?

Tommy10,
Reactions: BigJr48

TNT_error

So I couldn't bring myself to spend $$$ on a dna, but I ordered a mod with a yihi chip (,gtsr vboy). I was wondering if there's a cig difference between the two xhipc? Idc about the aesthetic features of the chip, but more of the performance. Tia

TNT_error,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hmmm, hope you won't be disappointed. So far most users had very little success with YiHi chips, to say the least. In fact, they were deemed not suitable for dry herbs as well as for concentrates use due to their internal dry hit protection feature.

At least it was the case with early chipset versions. You'll be our guinea pig as I was wondering whether it was the case for the newer iterations. Apart from that they are great for e-liquids, no doubt about that.

almost there

Hmmm, hope you won't be disappointed. So far most users had very little success with YiHi chips, to say the least. In fact, they were deemed not suitable for dry herbs as well as for concentrates use due to their internal dry hit protection feature.

At least it was the case with early chipset versions. You'll be our guinea pig as I was wondering whether it was the case for the newer iterations. Apart from that they are great for e-liquids, no doubt about that.
Thank you for that info, I’ve been drawn to that beautiful SL class, you just saved me a bunch of money and fustration

Last edited:

organicbill

My Wismec Gen3 finally arrived yesterday.

It's my first mod box so the only reference I have to compare it to are other portable vapes I own (which is around 20 types - you name it I've probably got it or at least tried it).

I'm impressed with the build quality. It's the dual so has two 18650 batteries (sold separately). I love the weight of the device which stands with the splinter on top without fear it will topple over. The splinter is flush with the Gen3 so it looks right. I'm yet to order a charger for the batteries - I hear that is better.

I haven't installed any new firmware. I'm on a mac so not sure if I can.

I was using VW mode and was using the instructions that came with the splinter for reference of wattage. Set timeout to 10 seconds didn't see the need to fire for 15 seconds. Was using fresh herb and the regular mouthpiece.

I've used this setup only once in the past so if you spot I'm doing anything funky please let me know - I'm completely new to splinter and mod boxes.

20 watts - a bit of flavour but no cloud
25 watts - more flavour, still no cloud
30 watts - this is where the clouds start (I have to admit I'm not a crazy cloud guy - as long as I get my cannabinoids I'm happy)
40 watts - big clouds and finished off on this. After the first draw on 40 I gave it a stir.

Will probably start at 30w in the future with this herb - maybe 25w for very dry herb.

My technique was to hold the fire button, then after 1-2 seconds take a couple of big fast draws to get the hot air in the chamber. Then released the fire for no more than a second and hit it again and took a long slow draw +/- 8 seconds. Seemed to do the trick. I also tried without the two big draws to start and didn't get as good results. I would be keen to hear others talk through their techniques.

This setup is far superior to every other battery powered portable vape I own. It's the closest that I have ever gotten to a Verdamper in electronic portable(ish) form.

I'm still waiting for a eVic VTC Mini to arrive. I'll be interested to see how they compare.

almost there

My Wismec Gen3 finally arrived yesterday.

It's my first mod box so the only reference I have to compare it to are other portable vapes I own (which is around 20 types - you name it I've probably got it or at least tried it).

I'm impressed with the build quality. It's the dual so has two 18650 batteries (sold separately). I love the weight of the device which stands with the splinter on top without fear it will topple over. The splinter is flush with the Gen3 so it looks right. I'm yet to order a charger for the batteries - I hear that is better.

I haven't installed any new firmware. I'm on a mac so not sure if I can.

I was using VW mode and was using the instructions that came with the splinter for reference of wattage. Set timeout to 10 seconds didn't see the need to fire for 15 seconds. Was using fresh herb and the regular mouthpiece.

I've used this setup only once in the past so if you spot I'm doing anything funky please let me know - I'm completely new to splinter and mod boxes.

20 watts - a bit of flavour but no cloud
25 watts - more flavour, still no cloud
30 watts - this is where the clouds start (I have to admit I'm not a crazy cloud guy - as long as I get my cannabinoids I'm happy)
40 watts - big clouds and finished off on this. After the first draw on 40 I gave it a stir.

Will probably start at 30w in the future with this herb - maybe 25w for very dry herb.

My technique was to hold the fire button, then after 1-2 seconds take a couple of big fast draws to get the hot air in the chamber. Then released the fire for no more than a second and hit it again and took a long slow draw +/- 8 seconds. Seemed to do the trick. I also tried without the two big draws to start and didn't get as good results. I would be keen to hear others talk through their techniques.

This setup is far superior to every other battery powered portable vape I own. It's the closest that I have ever gotten to a Verdamper in electronic portable(ish) form.

I'm still waiting for a eVic VTC Mini to arrive. I'll be interested to see how they compare.

Hey man, welcome to the party. You actually can get really nice clouds at the mid to high 20's in wattage with the splinter. On VW mode I do a 4 or 5 sec preheat at 40W and then drop it to 26W for the session, delicious flavor and nice fat clouds.

organicbill

On VW mode I do a 4 or 5 sec preheat at 40W and then drop it to 26W for the session, delicious flavor and nice fat clouds.

Thanks for the tip. Is that using the preheat feature in the menu? I found that was able to set preheat to 40W but the timer has a max of 2secs. Or do you do it manually? 40w hold for 3-4 secs then reduce to 20w. Whilst you do preheat do you draw or just let it be? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just sitting with it now trying to implement your advice :)

organicbill,

almost there

Thanks for the tip. Is that using the preheat feature in the menu? I found that was able to set preheat to 40W but the timer has a max of 2secs. Or do you do it manually? 40w hold for 3-4 secs then reduce to 20w. Whilst you do preheat do you draw or just let it be? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just sitting with it now trying to implement your advice :)

I do the warm up manually because I only need that initial preheat once, after that I'll finish the load in a single session. In VW mode I don't think a preheat is necessary before every hit unless you plan to take lots of breaks with the session, the temp is constantly climbing when you are firing away. I don't inhale for the preheats, some people do but I rather wait till the initial spike tapers off and everything is evenly warmed, 26 to 28 watts is my favorite range after preheat. Have fun experimenting:)

almost there,

subway13029

I just got a voopoo too...with a gene chip?? I’m using it with the sequoia and it rips man..I was using a Eleaf 75 w pico and it just didn’t seem powerful enough..I think I had bought a clone from smoke shop but this voopoo really rocks..I haven’t gotten into all the tc but it has where u can set your own 10 second curve.pretty cool to this mod virgin..

subway13029,

almost there

I found the Wismec DNA 250 Bronze for $68.20 here with coupon china1001 going to give it a try at that price!

Don't know about the Chinese warehouse but the US warehouse was fast and efficient. I was a bit worried because Reddit is flooded with posts about vapesourcing.com being flaky at times. Anyway, everything checked out fine so it was a great deal, thanks @Summer for the link.

SavageCore

Don't know about the Chinese warehouse but the US warehouse was fast and efficient. I was a bit worried because Reddit is flooded with posts about vapesourcing.com being flaky at times. Anyway, everything checked out fine so it was a great deal, thanks @Summer for the link.

Good to hear! Mine has shipped so I'm just waiting a week or so now hopefully.

virtualpurple

I agree, I was also able to carpe diem on that awesome deal! Shipping took longer than it should have but it was on the fault of the delivery service and not from the shop.

I’m still in over my head but what a great problem to have!

Summer

Long Island, NY
FWIW

Lost Vape Triade DNA250C 300w Box Mod $103.61, but only Black on Black is currently available:

https://www.vaporl.com/product?id=3923

Mod Shield makes a quality silicone product. Have one of these shields for my vape. Went with the clear opague.

https://www.amazon.com/ModShield-Triade-DNA200-Silicone-ByJojo/dp/B01LA2K0FG

If you're looking for a vape, keep on eye on these deal sites, but be aware from the 2nd link just how many views these get so sellout is super-fast so it's all about being at the right place at the right time.

http://vape.deals/category/regulated-mods/box-mods/

https://cheapvaping.deals/category/vape-deals-by-category/box-mods-deals

Summer

Long Island, NY
As I said @Hogni, it's all about timing. So far I missed 1 I was interested in twice even though I check both sites 2x a day. I'm hoping that these Chinese(?) companies may have BF or CM deals.

BTW, sorry I wasn't more explicit, but there's a 15%-off banner at the top of the webpage. That's what brought the price down.

Last edited:

Hippie

Do we need to apply any coupons for that price @Summer ?
I think their Chinese national day code CDN08 still works for another 8%
Their price for the VT75D is pretty good too

Hmmmm which to choose? 2 or 3 batteries ????

Top Bottom