What are you doing this 420?

cluffy

Vaker
420.jpg

cluffy,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Not to be a party pooper but this silly made up "high holiday" is Hitler's birthday and the anniversary of the Columbine massacre.

jeffp,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Not to be a party pooper but this silly made up "high holiday" is Hitler's birthday and the anniversary of the Columbine massacre.

True, but there is no denying its cultural relevance. It generates a good deal of media coverage, which is great for the cause.

I'll be sticking to my normal routine, with the possibility of a movie later. Enjoy everyone!

Magic9,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Supposedly Mobius Glass Works (Circle) is releasing 4 new perc styles today. My LHS is a Mobius dealer sooooo . . . might have to head down there and see whats up? Who knows, maybe I will come home with my first piece of glass since the 1980's! Happy 4/20 FC!

t-dub,
Reactions: sessnet

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Wonder how many people know how 420 is connected to this place, or should I say..........birthplace. :

I think the story has been discussed a few times on FC since I've been around...So yes, it may have connections to other things (hitlers bday, columbine, etc) but that's not the point. A quick google search of my birth date shows that it wasn't a great day in history either, "codenamed Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 – 28 February 1991)," but I don't think about that on my birth day...I think about my past birthdays, good memories, family, etc.

IIRC, our "holiday" was started by students of the above pictures school, with no ill intent. lwien or someone else can elaborate on the story, as I do not know all of the facts.

So, Happy 420 to all! Think of the good things that this flower has done for us, and will continue to do for a long time, with our help. To quote Dorkus \/

Was wondering what other FC members were doing for 420 & what, if anything it means to them.
This is my 1st 420 as an enlightened soul & was thinking about what it means to me.

If i was going to have a religious holiday, this would be it.

Without trying to sound too silly, but this April 20 i will be thinking of all those who have been incarcerated because of cannabis laws. All those whom our society views & treats as criminals, all those who have had their front doors kicked in, their dogs shot, their children frightened & traumatised in their homes because of their cannabis use.

I will be thinking of all the legal medical users who benefit from cannabis.

I will be thinking af all the sick people who are forced to behave like criminals, because their community views them as such in order for them to obtain their medicine.

I will be thinking of all the sick people who dont know about medical cannabis because of the social taboos surrounding it, and as such feel their only option are the opiates big pharma provide.

I will be thinking of big pharma & the part they play in keeping cannabis for the sick illegal. how much money has big pharma spent on lobbying, political donations & slanted studies & reports to keep cannabis where it is.

I will be thinking of all the LEO's who pursue harmless cannabis users with such zeal as to scratch around on the floor to find a bit of stem in order to make an arrest & honestly believe they are getting criminals off the street & making a difference.

Spending hundreds of millions of dollars in man hours searching the bush & peoples houses for cannabis when random violent street crime is spiraling out of control. Alcohol, meth & heroin are raveging my community, but I know they would rather take me away for my weed than tackle an out of control ice head who is a direct danger to the community.

and lastly, I will be thinking of all the lawmakers & politicians who constantly get elected on the platforms of tough on drugs policy. Criminalising our youth for what is a social & a health issue is poor policy & has been proven to be failing as a deterrent.

We have been lied to, our parents have been lied to and the brainwashing rhetoric is as strong today & it was 50years ago.

I keep hearing we will all have to wait for all the boomers to die off before we will see some real change to cannabis policy around the world. & while we are waiting for that, the sick are suffering because they are unable to obtain the medicine they choose for their bodies & families are being ripped apart by procecution & incarceration for cannabis.

While I consume my cannabis 420 cake, numerous stems & maybe even hoist a beer or two, I will be thinking of all the victims of the failed war on drugs & of all the perpertrators who made them victims of this war.

But above all, I will celebrate cannabis, all it has given me personally & all it gives to the sick.
Cannabis is the tree of life, the world needs to embrace its gift.

This is what 420 means to me & these are the things & people i will be thinking about on the day.

So, please if you can, spare a thought for some of these things & people this 420.
Because for many of us, while the war on drugs rages peoples lives are being ruined for profit & votes.

:peace:

Purpl3_Haz3,

dorkus_molorkus

@OTA- I just surfaced, alive. def a 420 survivor!
Had a great day, although by the end of the day I think my wife was happy to see me go to bed.

As the evening got late, I had been eating cannacaps by the handful all day, hoisted several beers, had a silly hat on & some comedy glasses. Started to rant & rave how 'the man' is fucking us all over.

Towards the end it was all very ' fear & loathing'-lol

The last semi coherent thought I remember was thinking that 6 cannacaps at once washed down with my beer was a good, no a GREAT idea!

Not real sure what happened after that??????

I still got some cannacaps left, I might have to trigger a flashback to help me remember. lol :rockon:
So, remember kids.

2 cannacaps=ok
4 cannacaps= great
6+ cannacaps= bend over, grip ankles

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
While this may have been Hitler's birthday or the anniversary of Columbine, I think that the majority of us here on FC would like to turn this frown upside down and make lemonade out of our lemons! This can be a happy time if you want it. I, personally, have tried to be positive all day long. I think Dorkus has it right; this is a time for reflection of things past and present. Instead of thinking of negatives, think of positives for this day and the future. The past is something to learn from. Make the future a positive thing. And rejoicing in this day is a good start. :2c: :peace:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
While this may have been Hitler's birthday or the anniversary of Columbine, I think that the majority of us here on FC would like to turn this frown upside down and make lemonade out of our lemons! This can be a happy time if you want it. I, personally, have tried to be positive all day long. I think Dorkus has it right; this is a time for reflection of things past and present. Instead of thinking of negatives, think of positives for this day and the future. The past is something to learn from. Make the future a positive thing. And rejoicing in this day is a good start. :2c: :peace:

You managed to say what I was trying to say, in less words :) Thanks Mom!

Purpl3_Haz3,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: Thank you Purpl3_Haz3.... it wasn't easy! I've been celebrating since 8:30 this morning! I'm having a trouble typing!

momofthegoons,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
:lol: Thank you Purpl3_Haz3.... it wasn't easy! I've been celebrating since 8:30 this morning! I'm having a trouble typing!

You're welcome! :D Glad to hear you're enjoying the day! I've been dabbin' some White Russian, and Great White Shark, but I'm handling the keyboard okay. Granted I'm taking it nice and slow! (the typing that is :brow: )

Purpl3_Haz3,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
420 present to myself: Just picked up a Zob 14" Fixed Flat Disc at my LHS for under $200 :) This is my first piece of glass since the 1980's and I just took my first "moisture conditioned" vape hit . . . wow . . . why did I wait a year to do this? My HA absolutely rocks this tube and I can take huge hits at 400*F with no lung or throat irritation. Plus it fits right in the door to my lab fridge :D

zobm.jpg

• Three Ice Pinches
  • Slide Joint: 18 mm Female Dewar Joint
  • Slide: 18 mm Male Clear Funnel Slide Included
  • Downstem: Fixed Showerhead Downstem with Dewar Joint
  • Glass Thickness: 5 mm
  • Tube Diameter: 50 mm
  • Height: 14.25" Inches Tall
  • Base Diameter: 5.00" Inches

dorkus_molorkus

HAPPY 421 FROM DOWN UNDER!

:rockon::rockon::rockon: 2 day party 'WOO-HOO!':rockon::rockon::rockon:

Cannacaps, beers, heaps of knarly sativa vaped to perfection.

These cannacaps are great in large quantities & often. (other than a belly full of butter-:puke:)
Mixes well with beer tho, whoduv thunk it??

Looks like the silly hat & sunglasses is getting an encore.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Dorkus, do all Aussies celebrate 4/21? Or just the real hard-core badasses like yourself?

Or is it because you got to see the matinée showing, you figure you can sneak into the prime-time world clock showing as well?

Stu,

dorkus_molorkus

@stu- matinée vs primetime baby! It was a bit lonely yesterday.lolz

:rockon::rockon: 2 day party woo-hoo:rockon::rockon:

I just wanna thank jeebus, god bless my wife, my script writer (me),

and tell all yo kids ''dont trust the gummint''

:peace:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Uh oh.... :uhoh: I can see you started early today, Dorkus. Soon you'll be ranting about how the man is fucking us all over... just watch. :popcorn:

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
This

Get high and let this vibrate throughout your body, it's amazing :p ha^^^^^^

Elluzion,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Happy 4/21 to you, too Dorkman. :cool:

And what if 4/21 lands on a Wednesday? Do you still break out the wigs and the wake-and-bakes?

Stu,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
LOL at the pic Dorkus. Love how the dog is just chilling. Looks like he's used to it.

Was going to watch "Grandmas Boy", but I fell asleep at 9:00 for some strange reason???

Magic9,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think we need another pic with the silly hat this time Dorkus ;)

What's a cannacap? You make 'm sound pretty awesome :brow:

OhTheAgony,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I think we need another pic with the silly hat this time Dorkus ;)

What's a cannacap? You make 'm sound pretty awesome :brow:

I second the motion for a second picture! And, I believe cannacaps are cannabis filled capsules...pills. I think theyre is a recipe in the cooking with canna section, by BadKittySmiles, or badkat or something.

dorkus_molorkus

sorry kids, been hungover & supa busy at the same time yuck- :puke: .
had a massive 421 & pretty well did the job on myself. I need to remember im not 21 anymore.

more pics on my next bender and not before-lolz

dorkus_molorkus,
Top Bottom