1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Were you this high at any point in your life?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by FukCombustion, Feb 12, 2014.

1. FukCombustion

FukCombustion Well-Known Member

Not literally, but figuratively speaking...

I am very stoned right now.

[​IMG]

2. syrupy

syrupy reitcello - it's what's for breakfast

Since giving up combustion, my eyes don't get red. I don't miss annoying smoke at all.

3. FukCombustion

Interesting, because my eyes get turn more red after vaping.

herbivore21, Quetzalcoatl and DDave like this.
  4. GrilledGoat

GrilledGoat New South Vaper

The most red I have ever seen my eyes has been after some abv snacks and 2 trenches. Needless to say shortly after the 2nd I was :ko:

oliveoil and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  5. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard

Do you generally vape under temperature 200C? I find my eyes don't get red at the low temps.

Opposite question, do you take the temps to the extreme upper levels when vaping?

Quetzalcoatl and KidFated. like this.
  6. clouded vision

clouded vision Well-Known Member

My eyes get even more red than that picture. Without visine my eyes have always been a dead giveaway, they look like 2 little stop signs.

Quetzalcoatl, grokit, smokum and 2 others like this.
  7. FukCombustion

I usually max out at 393F (200C).

DDave likes this.
  8. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

My eyes don't get red. Never have. I'd like to know what the science is behind it.

I also never "cough to get off". so that may have something to do with it.

9. way2

way2 Well-Known Member

My eyes used to look just like that when I smoked. Vaping even at high temps does not have the same effect on me.

10. SpruceGruve

SpruceGruve Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue

I'm one of the lucky people that doesn't get red or glossy eyes often,maybe three times total in the past 8-9 years of consuming weed

I don't know if this is a tolerance thing,temperature of consumption,or some other random factors.
    -side note-I'm a pretty healthy guy with no allergy's to anything
    Pps-I never use eye drops either

Quetzalcoatl and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  11. way2

way2 Well-Known Member

I'd like to add that when my eyes did turn red that Clear Eyes always worked way better than Visene!

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  12. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard

Yep, a bit on the higher side. Experiment? Try a session at 185C max. Everyone's different, but for me, much less redness/glassy looking...

Quick lookup provides the following: Marijuana (as well as other drugs) causes an increase in blood pressure. This causes the blood vessels in the eyes to dilate. This will make a person's eyes appear bloodshot, red and glassy.

Funny thing is, I quit taking man-made meds a little over a year ago, once I got my Req. My blood pressure is awesome now, lost 50lbs..... hmmm, my fricking hair didn't grow back... but I guess you can't have it all! :tinfoil:

deadheadbill and Puffers like this.
  13. Elluzion

Elluzion Vapeosaurus Rex

it's interesting because i have a stoner vein in my eye that gets red everytime i vape, its almost like a giveaway. and it only happens in my right eye! haha. freaking a

14. clouded vision

clouded vision Well-Known Member

My left eye is worse than my right eye and stays red longer and it starts around one single vein as well, sometimes it looks like a burst blood vessel at certain points as it is other turning more red or back to white.
    As for clear eyes vs. Visine, it makes no difference to me. I have friends that swear by $20 bottles of eye drops, for me though the cheapest generic store brand is all I need. Also I know you can develop a dependence but I only use eye drops when I leave the house after vaping which is very rare now, guess it's just the way my body reacts.

15. syrupy

syrupy reitcello - it's what's for breakfast

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  16. arf777

arf777 No longer dogless

Waaaaay more than that. Add extreme dilation from [unnamed simultaneous psychedelics]plus how red eyed herb from 20+ years ago used to get you plus opium plus nitrous...Dead show at the old Cap Centre in '89 or '90. And Philly '90. And the Garden in '91-'92.

Even worse was the night Cliff Burton died. All of the above plus crying for over an hour.

Deadhead101 likes this.
  17. djonkoman

djonkoman Well-Known Member

my eyes usually don't get red, but sometimes, when I'm really high and it's late at night, my eyes are really red(more as in the picture in the OP)

18. smokum

smokum I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

whenever I'm 'stoned', my eyes always look... [​IMG]

SSVUN~YAH, grokit, Madcap79 and 3 others like this.
  19. bagelbanger

bagelbanger Active Member

Anybody here use Rohtos??

KidFated. likes this.
  20. treeman

treeman Well-Known Member

I was once pretty baked but my eyes looked fine. I then coughed a fucker for a few seconds and my eyes were so red. I've since thought that pressure from coughing bursts blood vessels in your eyes, giving you red eye.
    While I have looked incredibly baked, more intense psychoactives just make you look much more not right.

grokit likes this.
  21. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

When on psychedelics such as acid and stuff..............DO NOT LOOK INTO A MIRROR. :uhoh:

22. zymos

zymos Well-Known Member

23. arf777

arf777 No longer dogless

Unless you're Syd Barrett with Mandrax crushed into your hair. Unfortunately no pic of that.

24. grokit

grokit power cosmic

But its sooo cool when you can look into your own eyes and see your reflection, looking at the reflection in the mirror of the eye of the beholder of thousands of infinite yet distinct faces throughout history, spinning around in millions of different directions and then suddenly melting and transforming into a neo-gothic literary allegory that wraps you up in a space cocoon of brightly-colored tumbling geometric outlines.
    :whoa:

25. zymos

zymos Well-Known Member

Au contraire, mon frere:

[​IMG]

arf777 and grokit like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors