Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

greenmonster2420

Hey all. Pretty new to vaporizing, not to weed. Love my SSV, looking for a good portable vape and also doing a DIY Hakko wand. Lovin all the info here!

greenmonster2420,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Greetings from another vape noob.

Ive been reading about vaporization for some time, and intrigued by the 'less harmful' aspect of it as well as the 'savings' aspect of it. Im always searching for things that fill my jonze in the way that will impact my health the least. I gave up many years of cigarettes for Swedish snus, and now I am giving up the pipe for my vape.

I JUST got my Iolite vape in today and I must say - Im impressed! Sure its a transition, and I kinda miss my bowl. (But Ive only used the vape once) One thing I didnt expect from the vape was the 'creepish' effect that it had. I ended up vaping 2 chambers worth and it didnt HIT me til I got inside and sat down. WOOOOOSH! Welcome to the fold.

AGBeer,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
the "creepish" effect - well described.....
never tried an iolite but glad you're enjoying it.
stick around - soon enough you'll be hankering for a small collection of these vaporizer things...

jeffp,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
jeffp said:
the "creepish" effect - well described.....
never tried an iolite but glad you're enjoying it.
stick around - soon enough you'll be hankering for a small collection of these vaporizer things...
LOL Im already looking into getting another vape that isnt as 'portable' as the Iolite but still concealable. My wife insists that I go out to the shed as she doesnt want any of that in the house. Im thinking that I may put in an order for a Purple Dreams or two. I figure by the time they finally arrive, she *may* be cooler with me vaping indoors (I doubt it though)

Either way, I am really liking my new vape and the many benefits of vaping in general. Im still in awe at how efficient vaping is compared to burning (and ultimately wasting) my blends.
Its win win for me as far as Im concerned :D

AGBeer,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi :D It's Purple Days and I am in love with mine, ordered a 2nd too :D

I don't know if your wife would fly with it BUT I use mine in my bedroom. The copper cup I add lemon, lime, grapefruit oils and it makes the room smell wonderful. If your wife is into that sort of thing she might let it in the house someday :D It is NOT like smoking in a house :2c:

Good luck!! Once I found vaporizing I started collecting them too! I'm new but I've bought a few ;)

Lo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
lo said:
Hi :D It's Purple Days and I am in love with mine, ordered a 2nd too :D

I don't know if your wife would fly with it BUT I use mine in my bedroom. The copper cup I add lemon, lime, grapefruit oils and it makes the room smell wonderful. If your wife is into that sort of thing she might let it in the house someday :D It is NOT like smoking in a house :2c:

Good luck!! Once I found vaporizing I started collecting them too! I'm new but I've bought a few ;)
Hmmmm... That is one smashing idea there and I honestly never really thought about that! Ive been reading that the PD does double as an 'air freshener' of sorts. Thats friggin brilliant! I know that I had to prohibit her from ever burning candles again as she has almost burned the house down on more than one occasion. (Damn, the PD keeps looking better and better!)

One thing, do you taste any of the residuals of what you added to the copper bowl when you use your vape later on? Im guessing that if so, it isnt unpleasurable otherwise it wouldnt be done... I need to look at the PD a little bit closer now!

You got me all excited! (This is almost *almost* as exciting as when I started brewing beer!)
Now let me find the PD website again... :)

AGBeer,

Lo

No residuals from the essential oils. The copper cup is a solid cup and Tom advises adding the oil while the cup is OFF of the PD in case you spill. If oils get onto the heat exchanger it would take awhile to get rid of the smell/taste.

Anyhow, I read you can also use scraped inscense but I love the essential oils. It looks nice and not like a bong or anything. If you store the vapor tubes out of sight it doesn't give a clue about it's other purpose.

I take my copper cup off a while before vaping - gets HOT so I use a paper towel :D

Anyhow, I highly recommend it and I hope you might enjoy, it is well worth the wait time. If you're like me you'll be picking up a portgable or some other type too but the Purple Days is my daily driver now.

Good luck!! Happy brewing as well, husband is Irish and enjoys the brew too.

Lo,

lwien

lo said:
I take my copper cup off a while before vaping - gets HOT so I use a paper towel :D
No shit. I remember the first time I grabbed it with my fingers after it was on for half a day. YOWZA !!!! I don't think I've let go of anything quite as fast as I let go of that little copper cup.

btw, on those oils that you mentioned using a few posts ago, do you mix them all up together (lemon, lime, grapefruit) or do you use them separately?

lwien,

Lo

Yes that copper is freakin' HOT!! I mix the oils in a dropper bottle, equal parts by eye. I make other stuff with the oils so I keep a bunch of flavors on hand but I love the citrus scents. I make a body spray I call my anti-depressant spray LOL... Grapefruit, lemon and some other stuff but citrus smells make me happy!!

Of course good weed smells make me happy too :D Easy to please!!

Lo,

Tommy

Hi friends!

I've only registered today but I've been reading this forum for a couple of months already.

I own a Volcano since 2005 and also a Vaporstar and a Vaporgenie, both bought recently.

I'm interested in buying a Herborizer and\or a I-olite in the next couple of months, do I may come to make a couple of questions about them. I've read the entire (almost 70 pages) I-olite thread and I'm now reading the 9 pages of the Herborizer thread.

I'm portuguese so I may sometimes have a little difficulty writing a clean text.

See you around! Good vapes!

-t_

Tommy,

Ash

vaporist
Welcome. As you may have seen, eight of us are due to receive free Vaporstars soon (thanks Kevin/Vaoporoutlet). I hope to see you over on the Vaporstar thread, as I hear there is a bit of a learning curve with this one, and I could use all the help I can get. I'm looking forward to figuring out how to get maximum vapor out of this little device.

I also have to agree that the Herborizer looks like a fantastic unit, too bad it is so overpriced here in the US. The exchange rate is not in my favor.

Ash,

Tommy

Hi Ash!

Thanks mate ;)

Well, I am also new to the Vaporstar, I have it since last week and I'm yet waiting for one of those "Vapman special lighter torchs" (or whatever) that I've ordered from an online store. I don't like using it with regular lighters (like clipper, bic, etc) because it seems they give a slightly butane taste. It may be just me being paranoid, but anyway the new lighter I've ordered will get to me till the end of the week.

See you at the Vaporstar thread!

Ah, forgot to mention I'm a mod at Cannabiscafe and, besides my poor English and my Portuguese, I also speak Spanish and a bit of Dutch.

Good vapes!

-t_

Tommy,

Portability

supreme thru sovereignty
just registered and decided to drop by and introduce myself :)
ive been a smoker for many years but then i got a vapor genie, which then led to the vapor king, which led to the supreme. been vaping for about a year now and loving it.
stay vaked!!! :ko:
:peace:

Portability,

Jailbot

Tommy said:
Hi Ash!

Thanks mate ;)

Well, I am also new to the Vaporstar, I have it since last week and I'm yet waiting for one of those "Vapman special lighter torchs" (or whatever) that I've ordered from an online store. I don't like using it with regular lighters (like clipper, bic, etc) because it seems they give a slightly butane taste. It may be just me being paranoid, but anyway the new lighter I've ordered will get to me till the end of the week.

See you at the Vaporstar thread!

Ah, forgot to mention I'm a mod at Cannabiscafe and, besides my poor English and my Portuguese, I also speak Spanish and a bit of Dutch.

Good vapes!

-t_
I wouldn't describe your English as poor at all, you speak it better than most other Americans I know lol

Jailbot,

geist

Hello all! I've been mainly reading, but decided to post up a quick intro before responding to others peoples posts. I've had a VaporBrothers for nearly a year, but recently ordered a purple days vaporizer based on lwiens recommendation on another forum.

geist,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
cool.. a VB and a PD is a perfect setup....
do you raise the bottom end of your unit or leave as is?

jeffp,

geist

Depends on if I'm using a hands free whip or mini whip. With a hands free whip I raise the back end of the VB. With a mini whip or if I'm just leaving it on then I just let it sit as is.

geist,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i didn't realize that a mini whip will fit a VB hands free unit. I'd like to get one. Can you send a link please?

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
thanks - the copy states:
Please note: This whip will NOT attach to the Hands Free vaporizer for one handed operation. If your current whip has a red "HOT" emblem on it and attaches to the heating element, your vaporizer is a Hands Free model.

so does the mini fit the hands free but doesn't work as hands free?

jeffp,

geist

Correct. Minis will work with the hands free unit, but it won't make the minis hands free. I just like having the option of either pure hands free including hooking it to a water pipe, or manually with a mini whip. It depends on how sensitive my lungs are....thanks to my job. Sorry if I made it sound like the minis themselves are hands free.

geist,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I bought my VB used on Craigslist and I think it's great. I use it myself once in a while and friends like it because of the meatier hits and lack of much of a learning curve; my main unit is the PD which I think you will really like. The technique with the PD is a little more subtle but easy to get the hang of, and you'll appreciate how ingenious it is.

jeffp,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome geist. :wave:

Remember guys, this is an intro thread, not a vape discussion thread.

max,
Top Bottom