Weird News Stories of the Day.....

florduh

4EictNAdx12w.png

I've never heard of this person before. And you're not supposed to say this sort of thing about the President. But I agree with her larger point. The Second Amendment seems pretty useless since it is more or less exclusively used on school children :shrug:

At the very least, protesting climate change or war by self-immolating doesn't really make sense in America. Much more productive options available if you're already in that headspace.

Radwin Bodnic

Supreme Court Emergency Decision To End All Firearm Permits Nationwide Gets Put Into Motion

In a groundbreaking development, the Supreme Court is set to consider an emergency decision that could potentially end all firearm permits nationwide.
I've read the whole thing and I think my English is not good enough to be sure about what I understand from it...

Particularly this :
If the Supreme Court rules in favor of the plaintiffs, it could lead to a nationwide end to discretionary firearm permit requirements. Such a decision would affirm that individuals have the right to purchase and possess firearms without arbitrary restrictions imposed by local authorities.

Does that means that you could potentially buy firearms like you buy groceries ? With any form of permit or control over who is the buyer ?

florduh

florduh

Ok then I will definitely avoid travelling in the us for the rest of my life. No matter how good is your weed.

The weed is just about the only thing keeping me here at this point :shrug:

Although, when I use my First Amendment right to criticize the government, many of my fellow citizens say I should leave. But I have to point out, I'm a product of the American educational system. So, I only speak English. Another thing keeping me here.

Canada has good weed, but I'm guessing they'll be annexed within my lifetime. Especially once the frozen north starts melting and opens up access to new mining and drilling opportunities. Enjoy that healthcare while you can, Canucks!

New Zealand is lovely. But the citizens there literally voted against weed legalization. Americans are dumb, but if you put legalization on a nationwide ballot, it would receive more votes than any recent Presidential candidate.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Wow, I think maybe you are functioning on a completely different time continuum or something?
Your post is a response to a post someone put up 10 years ago. Fascinating.
And in 10 years on FC you've made 11 posts?

I don't mean anything personal, yours caught my eye because I know lwein has not posted anything in quite some time...

Radwin Bodnic

:o Yeah, keep those seat belts on!

Flight tracking data suggests the airliner dropped 6,000 feet (2,000m) in a matter of minutes after crossing the Bay of Bengal.

That is indeed quite a drop... not sure I would like to experience this even with a seatbelt.

Also :
Research has shown that climate change will make severe turbulence more likely in the future.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Graceland set for foreclosure auction, notice states; Elvis heir claims fraud, fights sale

Graceland, the historic home of Elvis Presley, is set to be sold off at a foreclosure sale this Thursday according to a legal notice, but Presley’s granddaughter is fighting the sale with a lawsuit, saying the claims are fraudulent.
I think the granddaughter will prevail.
On prior knowledge, I have reason to believe we all will be received in Graceland.

Also pretty weird timing that I've spent the past two weeks diving pretty deep into the Paul Simon song, including learning to play it on guitar and sing it...and played it with friends yesterday, who played dobro and fiddle!

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

The Big Lebowski

Wow, I think maybe you are functioning on a completely different time continuum or something?
Your post is a response to a post someone put up 10 years ago. Fascinating.
And in 10 years on FC you've made 11 posts?

I don't mean anything personal, yours caught my eye because I know lwein has not posted anything in quite some time...
Le temps n’existe pas ah ah ah ah ah ah aaaaaahhhhh

The Big Lebowski,
  • Haha
Reactions: cosimo
Top Bottom