Wax ?

royalpar1

Ok, totally newbie here, just started vaping a month ago, and now have discovered some other stuff?

1. Bubba Kush hash oil, what is it, what is it made from ? is it safe ? came from california
2. Given some wax today, which was yellow beige. bent a little and put it in a elexcrtonic cigarette with cermic. feels great, what is it, how is it made and is it safe?

royalpar1,
You won't know what your hash oil is made from and whether it is safe unless you made it or a friend that cares about your health/safety.

It's difficult to tell if wax is fully purged until you try it or light it on some scissors to see if it sparks. For that reason I prefer to make shatter/sap because if it is cloudy, it needs more time in the vacuum. IMO concentrates are more effective and cleaner than vaporizing flower. There's little plant matter and the winterization of an extract will remove the plant waxes that irritate the throat.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Ok, totally newbie here, just started vaping a month ago, and now have discovered some other stuff?

1. Bubba Kush hash oil, what is it, what is it made from ? is it safe ? came from california
2. Given some wax today, which was yellow beige. bent a little and put it in a elexcrtonic cigarette with cermic. feels great, what is it, how is it made and is it safe?

purplek hit the nail right on the head, but judging from what your saying it sounds like you have butane hash. This is safe to smoke, but only if all of the butane is removed from the product before you smoke it. Now, whether that has happened or not, we can't know because we don't have any pictures of the product (and even then, trying to figure out quality is hit or miss).

Judging from the fact you didn't have a negative reaction the oil, I'd say it sounds like it is safe. When my product is underpurged I can tell because the taste is very offensive and it leaves a spicy taste in my mouth that is exacerbated by drinking a carbonated drink. If your not noticing this then that is a good sign your oil is properly made.

Now, what purplek was referring to with the scissors is called a "foil" test by many around here. You take a clean piece of metal or some tinfoil, heat it up red hot and put a small amount of the hash on it. Good hash will pretty much just melt right into smoke leaving little to no residue. Bad hash will sputter, spark and leave some black residue behind. It's a worthy test if you are unsure of your hash's quality.

CentiZen,
Top Bottom