Wax dabs - unused wax ends up in piece

Twanbiz

Hi,

I have a HE 29MM nail. Even with this nail when I do a dab all the material is not being vaporized and ends up being sucked into the piece. Clearly this is wasting the wax as it must be falling of the dabber (I am not really sure). I have seen videos of large dabs and they are not getting the same problem that I have, anybody have any ideas on how to get a large dab on a nail without losing the material before it vaporizes?

Thanks

Twanbiz,

SD_haze

I don't think wax is falling off the dabber, hash oil vapor/smoke is just completely differnet than herb vapor/smoke.

It is extremely sticky.

Therefore, if the vapor is hitting one specific spot as it comes out of the downstem, it condenses so much that from just one big hit, you can see a splotch of reclaim that looks pretty significant.

I've read a few times that under-heating your nail can increase the amount of reclaim on the walls, but that runs the risk of over-heating the dab which tastes nasty and is very harsh

SD_haze,
Reactions: smokum

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I find over AND under cause excessive reclaim in my case with my device. I'll normally red hot my nail (a DYD 14mm in a Toro macro rig), dome it and sit ready in a low light room to hit the dab the second the 'glow' is gone.

Hitting it at just the right time seems to produce less reclaim deposits for me.

DubCRider

It's either just reclaim or your nail isn't seasoned and is exploding oil off of it. Sounds like either is a valid reason.

DubCRider,
Reactions: FLskwat
Top Bottom