Water

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
What kind of water do you put in your pieces ?

I used to use tap water, then cheap filtered water, something was wrong.. I could not stand the hard water stains anymore.

Here is my new setup

img1618ax.jpg

I still have trouble to regulate the water income in the cooling coil. I may have to use a pump instead of tap

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
I have this that I use water out of.

ZeroWater1a.jpg

It's supposed to remove all TDSs:Total Dissolved Solids.

VaporEyes,
Reactions: Nbajunkie

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I have this that I use water out of.

It's supposed to remove all TDSs:Total Dissolved Solids.

img1620d.jpg

I guess it is supposed to show 000ppm like any good distilled water should, funny that we have the same metter

Roger D,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
:whoa: You guys are serious about your water...I use bottled water. And change it out every few days or so.Still get hard water stains tho..:ugh:

Nbajunkie,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
:whoa: You guys are serious about your water...I use bottled water. And change it out every few days or so.

There may be a screw or two loose. :mental: :p

I think the best comparison would be to a car. You've got an expensive ride that you want to keep looking pretty and funtioning. Are you going to fill it with low test or high?

VaporEyes,
Reactions: Nbajunkie

max

Out to lunch
Distilled is what you'd want in order to avoid spots from hard water. You can buy it in most grocery stores for about the same price as other types of drinking water. Purified water isn't the same- that's just a process used to make drinking water. You can also do homemade distilled water, although it's probably more trouble than it's worth for most.
http://preparedforthat.com/diy-how-to-distill-water-at-home/

max,
Reactions: axakal

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Eh... Distilled. Like 80 cents a gallon. Lasts me a while. My pieces don't take that much, and I only use enough to swish around, for rinses after cleaning. Actually I should say, after I swish hot water around, because that's all I need to do, TYVM RezBlock.

When I get down to the last gallon, I buy 2 more.

BigDaddyVapor,

SD_haze

I love the 2.5gallon distilled water dispensers they sell at supermarkets.
41eFdoAmQML.01._SR300,300_.jpg

The dispenser "spout" is very handy.

elevation

That looks like a crazy science experiment going on right there. Right now i use tap water, but our european water isn't as bad as U.S water. You can safely drink it.

elevation,

Tweek

I just use water out of the tap. For a while I was using some leftover distilled water that I would use for my humidor, but once that was gone, I just got lazy and didn't really notice much of a difference.

Love the copper pot though.

Tweek,

z9

That looks like a crazy science experiment going on right there. Right now i use tap water, but our european water isn't as bad as U.S water. You can safely drink it.

I'm not trying to start a fight... but how did you come to this conclusion? Where in the US can you not safely drink the tap water?

Distilled water will prevent hard water stains, but I just end up rinsing my bong with tap water anyways so I don't bother anymore. Regardless I usually have a gallon lying around somewhere. Pure silver is used in pc water loops to kill bacteria: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...r_Tubing_Reservoir_Strip.html?tl=g30c103s1676
Does anyone know if a silver coil be safe to use in a bong? I worry about bacteria growth when I heat my bong for prolonged periods of time, I have a coil that I got for free.

z9,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
People...

He's got you talking about bong water, basically.

I'm telling you... the MAN'S DANGEROUS!

We use water from Olympia WA's famous arteisan well

I think my husband has alternated that with distilled, on occasion. Ours is a very simple, cheap bong, so I'm not terribly worried about appearance.

Oh! We want pictures, filling up your glass pieces at the colorful glass one!

I would SO be all over that!

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Roger D

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Well, we use regular water bottles... we have four 3-gallon jugs we fill and bring home. I could do a photo of us refilling the glass from our dispenser :)

Enchantre,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
No... take the bong to the well spigot, with the pretty glass enclosure and get a picture filling it up. You're up in weed country. I thought you all smoked/vaped dope sitting in rush hour traffic, hanging out at Starbucks and just pretty much anywhere. Think I saw a picture of a cop writing a traffic ticket, with a joint dangling from his lips, not too long ago.

;)

Edward Hyde

what is the difference if u put distilled water instead of tap water in your bong?i dont get it...some times i put juice to get some flavour.

Edward Hyde,

Nosferatu

My tap water isn't even horrible and it makes the hit so harsh which my RO water does not at all. Use tap water to clean your piece but rinse and fill it with filtered water for use, you'll see the difference. :tup:

Top Bottom