Water cure in progress

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
I have about a half of nasty bud that i grew. (first grow) Bud looked great upon harvest but the smell is awful, even two months into the cure. I dried and cured it right but i could not flush it due to MG time release soil. I know now never to touch that crappy soil and use fox instead but that still didnt stop all this bud just starring at me and was useless it taste so bad,. So i just started my watercure today with all of it in a pyrex bowl with a plate holding it down. This being my first water cure i will post the results in about a week and see if the water took the fertilizer out by osmosis and made smokeable bud.

happyhippe,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
It will :)

Just make sure you do the full 7-9 days (or whatever) and change the water religiously.

It WILL make it smooth and smokeable :D

AGBeer,

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
Yea i hope it helps, ive always wanted to try it but never could put good bud in water u know. But heres my chance. I have it in a really oversized dish and when the water gets dirty i just scoop some out and add a little more.

happyhippe,

Qbit

cannabanana
Yeah just so people know, a cup of water at room temperature will dissolve less than a milligram of THC. It would surely be a similar figure for cannabinoids in general. So that would mean the eqivalent of about one 200th of a gram of weed wasted. Not even Lwien could feel the effects of that amount.

Qbit,

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
I new it was was a very small amout. I argue with people all the, water, like in a bong, takes a very small amout of thc in it. Thats why bong water is illegal.

happyhippe,

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
oh yea
Day 1- The water is almost so brown you cant see the buds in there, Tiime for a change. Its apparent the water is taking something out. Probably the bad stuff.

happyhippe,

djonkoman

Qbit said:
Yeah just so people know, a cup of water at room temperature will dissolve less than a milligram of THC. It would surely be a similar figure for cannabinoids in general. So that would mean the eqivalent of about one 200th of a gram of weed wasted. Not even Lwien could feel the effects of that amount.

but there's also the loss from broken off trichs, wich is probab;y more
not that I find that enough to throw water curing away(I have tred it once but I failed)

djonkoman,

Qbit

cannabanana
djonkoman said:
but there's also the loss from broken off trichs, wich is probab;y more
not that I find that enough to throw water curing away(I have tred it once but I failed)

Yeah that's true, so obviously the trick is to be gentle about it. Instead of squirting a tap directly onto your bud, sink your bud into already settled water. Then when it's time to drain, just remove the bud from the water. And if there are broken trichs, they'll be floating on the surface, which you should be able to recover anyway.

Qbit,

treecityrnd

Are you using cold water (CO2)? It seems to be less damaging to the tri's if everything is kept in a frozen state from plant to hash. Anyone do both cold and tap water with varied results?

treecityrnd,

treecityrnd

Im not really as stupid as I sound (most of the time ;) ).

IMO A true cold water/CO2 extraction is essentially a water extraction done over dry ice (frozen CO2). Dispensaries who claim to have real CO2 extraction are usually just doing a butane + water/dry ice method and calling it a CO2 concentrate or glass in some cases (usually the + butane part).

So I guess my question should have been:
Have you thought about or are you using any cooling process throughout the purging?

treecityrnd,
Reactions: underdog

weedemon

enthusiast
I always wondering what Co2 oil was. thx for clearing that up man :p heard tokin daily talkin about it. is it not always a black/dark green looking oil?

calling it glass sounds wired. i think of meth when i hear glass diiiirty! :p

weedemon,

treecityrnd

It looks like amber glass, hence the name.
http://www.kindreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/amberglass3.jpg
Amber glass, moonrocks, supermelt...whatever. To quote a great concentrate maker: It's all about the purge!

But coming from the midwest I hear you on the meth reference. Last thing I want associated with my medicaion is methamphetamine.

BTW - Good luck Hippe! Thanks for the thread. Can't wait to hear how things turn out.

treecityrnd,

Qbit

cannabanana
treecityrnd said:
Im not really as stupid as I sound (most of the time ;) ).

IMO A true cold water/CO2 extraction is essentially a water extraction done over dry ice (frozen CO2). Dispensaries who claim to have real CO2 extraction are usually just doing a butane + water/dry ice method and calling it a CO2 concentrate or glass in some cases (usually the + butane part).

So I guess my question should have been:
Have you thought about or are you using any cooling process throughout the purging?

Ah, gotcha now. It's just that those are obviously the two most famous molecules, and I'd imagine it would be a fairly easy brainfart for someone get them mixed up. But yeah I was wondering why you had specify the formula - we all know what water is. Heheh. :lol:

I'm curious to know about your methods though. We're not all quite up to speed with some of the more advanced extraction methods here. With this being a vapour-specific site, vapour is what we really know. But with all this abv we're making, it's great to explore various uses for it.

Qbit,

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
Day 2-Yea ive been using cold water but it returns to room temp. You think i should put it in the fridge. And ive been very carfull adding and removing water. The buds are still floating so still using a plate to hold em down. I was going to put them in a soda bottle upside down, filled to the top so i wouldnt have to hold em down, but i was like wait, the chlorophil needs to evaporate. The water is almost as brown as day one. Time for a change.

happyhippe,

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
Hey i didnt really think about this till now but do yall think the oven on warm with the door cracked will dry them alright. Maby a fan. I dont have a food dehydrator. Just planning ahead.

edit: That pantyhose idea is good, whould have stopped em from bouncing around.
djonkoman do you know what you did wrong. So i dont do the same thing

happyhippe,

treecityrnd

The fridge can't hurt. Only heat can be dangerous to the tri's. Why not? Or wait till next run so you can tell if there is a substantial difference in product between the two.

Glad your getting that brown water! The more the better :)

treecityrnd,

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
Day 3 to 6- The water is not brown anymore but is kinda white. Its like if you added a little milk or something. Im going to keep the cure going another 3-4 days to make sure all the bad stuffs out. Im still having to hold them underwater with a plate. maby there so loaded with Miricle G. they cant sink.

happyhippe,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
What I did when I dried mine was take 2 coffee filters and sandwiched the herb inbetween them. (Evenly spaced) I taped the ends of the filters together then taped it all to a fan. Turned the fan on and found I had shit circulation through the 2 filters so I poked several holes with my SSV poker (or paperclip) just give it enough holes that when you hold your hand over it you can feel some airflow.

This made them dry as a bone in like 24 hours or so.

No heat needed.

AGBeer,

Sour Deez

I am contemplating doing this to some herb i got recently. Its got such a nasty taste, tastes like chemicals. The bud is pretty damn resiny, the taste is a huge turnoff. Its got a nice skunky friuty smell when grinded.

I smoked some out of my buddys mobius bong w/ reti perc (thing is as smooth as a vape i swear, its crazy) and it was so harsh.

And it leaves gunk on my lungs or something cause everytime i vape it i am coughing up flem for the next hour.

It was either water cure or qwiso, but was worried the alcohol would extract some nastiness with it, does anyone know?

Sour Deez,

Nosferatu

Can you water cure buds that have already been previouisly air cured, or is it just for buds strait off the plant?

Nosferatu,

happyhippe

Semi Vaporist
Yea mine was already air cured, nice crystaly buds bud had a metallic/chemical taste. I picked the water over qwiso or bho becuase i heard the water made the buds smoother. Will know in afew days. I like that idea AGBeer. I might just try that one.

edit: I just read that about your water cure, looked like it turned out pretty good. Would you do it again if you had the chance.

happyhippe,
Top Bottom