Water attachment

Bazinga

My wife now has trouble with the heat from all our vaporizers. We have: Tafee Bowle, Mighty, TM, Fury Edge, IQ2, Splinter, and P80 (damn VAS). Even the Tafee Bowle on level 2 causes her to cough and complain that the vapor is too hot.

My question is, assuming I'm going to keep her, which water attachments would help with her problem? I've never used one and don't know squat about them.

johnnyCanuck

My wife now has trouble with the heat from all our vaporizers. We have: Tafee Bowle, Mighty, TM, Fury Edge, IQ2, Splinter, and P80 (damn VAS). Even the Tafee Bowle on level 2 causes her to cough and complain that the vapor is too hot.

My question is, assuming I'm going to keep her, which water attachments would help with her problem? I've never used one and don't know squat about them.
Is it the heat that’s bothering her or the biological compounds from your herb?

for example, when the bowl is spent on the TB, does it still irritate her throat and make her cough? The temp of the draw will be the same as a fresh bowl

johnnyCanuck,

Bazinga

Something like this would work with ( Splinter, TM, P80, Edge )

This works really well with the mighty
So if I use this device, what do I get that holds the water?

Is it the heat that’s bothering her or the biological compounds from your herb?

for example, when the bowl is spent on the TB, does it still irritate her throat and make her cough? The temp of the draw will be the same as a fresh bowl
I'm not quite sure what you are asking. I do believe the it's the heated vapor that irritates her throat (and lungs). The weed is medical grade and purchased from a dispensary.

Bazinga,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb

johnnyCanuck

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. I do believe the it's the heated vapor that irritates her throat (and lungs). The weed is medical grade and purchased from a dispensary.
If your wife is good with temp 1, stay at the temp until vapor really thins out. then switch to temp 2 to see how the throat and lung irritation is. not positive, but I'm wagering the irritation will be dampened to some extent.

yeah. ignore that... I can't communicate the things in my head at the best of times.

johnnyCanuck,
Reactions: Easywider

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I was thinking they meant plant matter, as an inhaling little tiny particles of herb, that are making her throat irritated. More so than the heat of the vapor per se... like when I use water I end up taking bigger hits so it is often harsher actually but no particles lol

Shit Snacks,

Bazinga

yeah. ignore that... I can't communicate the things in my head at the best of times.
No worries, I appreciate your help.

If your wife is good with temp 1, stay at the temp until vapor really thins out. then switch to temp 2 to see how the throat and lung irritation is. not positive, but I'm wagering the irritation will be dampened to some extent.
We get zero vapor on level 1 (Tafee Bowle).

Bazinga,

Bazinga

I was thinking they meant plant matter, as an inhaling little tiny particles of herb, that are making her throat irritated. More so than the heat of the vapor per se... like when I use water I end up taking bigger hits so it is often harsher actually but no particles lol
According to my wife, and my observations of her while vaping, she is just ultra sensitive to the heated vapor. We have yet to experience particles passing through the screen into our mouths. She is thinking of switching to edibles. I prefer her to try a water attachment. While she vapes she is unable to yell at me or remind me what I done wrong. I will go to the local "head shop" and perhaps they have the attachments that I need. Now that I think about it: some time ago I purchased a bubbler thingy for the Edge. Never opened the box. I'll dig it up from wherever I placed it and let wifey try it

Really? I find the first draw on temp 1 barely noticeable, second draw is ok but the rest gives me a decent dose/cloud.
Great flavor on level 1 - but no vapor. I start at level 2 and finish on level 4. Levels 2 and 3 are my go to levels.

Bazinga,

Shit Snacks

According to my wife, and my observations of her while vaping, she is just ultra sensitive to the heated vapor. We have yet to experience particles passing through the screen into our mouths. She is thinking of switching to edibles. I prefer her to try a water attachment. While she vapes she is unable to yell at me or remind me what I done wrong. I will go to the local "head shop" and perhaps they have the attachments that I need. Now that I think about it: some time ago I purchased a bubbler thingy for the Edge. Never opened the box. I'll dig it up from wherever I placed it and let wifey try it

Yeah I don't think water is going to help her be more interested in it at all to be honest...

Great flavor on level 1 - but no vapor. I start at level 2 and finish on level 4. Levels 2 and 3 are my go to levels.

That is weird, level one is 365, plenty high for thick tasty clouds...

Shit Snacks,

MyCollie

I had the least coughing issues when I was using the all glass Elev8tr with the extra water pipe adapter. Very smooth vapor - even without the water it was great.

MyCollie,

johnnyCanuck

I don't mean "Scooby snacks", I'm referring to the actual cannibinoids being produced at any given time... When you're tasting flavour on temp 1, you're tasting mostly terpenes which are part of the "particulates" that I'm talking about.

So, in theory, if you can consume enough of your herb at lower temps before temp stepping, it may not affect her throat/lungs as much.

Bazinga

I had the least coughing issues when I was using the all glass Elev8tr with the extra water pipe adapter. Very smooth vapor - even without the water it was great.
Don't want to use torch. Much prefer electronic vapes.

Yeah I don't think water is going to help her be more interested in it at all to be honest...

That is weird, level one is 365, plenty high for thick tasty clouds...
Wondering if I am packing too tight. Will experiment tonight.

Kins

Vapor is just really dry and it will cause irritation if you're not constantly drinking water while vaping. It also can depend on the herb. You see I know the dispensaries that have crap weed. However a lot of them share products from other vendors. The lady at the dispensary I tried the other day had recommended me two products saying people loved them. It wasn't until I came home and opened the pack that realized it was that crap dispensary weed. Figured I'd try it maybe it would be ok. Nope, it barely gets you stones. All of that dispensary has that crap weed. It just looks like regular plant that hasn't been cured correctly or something. If you look really close at the buds you can see some translucent tricomes. That means it was harevested too early or not cured correctly. These bastards tricked me into buying crap. Just saying don't blindly trust these dispensaries.

Kins,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I don't mean "Scooby snacks", I'm referring to the actual cannibinoids being produced at any given time... When you're tasting flavour on temp 1, you're tasting mostly terpenes which are part of the "particulates" that I'm talking about.

So, in theory, if you can consume enough of your herb at lower temps before temp stepping, it may not affect her throat/lungs as much.

I think I get what you mean.

Basically the equivalent of taking a hit from an empty but heated device, so in theory you're just getting hot air. Put some fresh flower in front of the hot air, then it vaporizes, which is a different feel completely than an "empty" hit.

So asking if its the hot air itself or the vapor? Starting at a lower temp would lower the amount of stuff being vaporized during any given hit, rather than starting at a higher temp and getting a more full bodied vapor.

@Bazinga I dont mess with water pipes too much, but I do have 2. I have a pretty cool 14mm Grav bubbler that I like, I think its called "Upline Upright," its big enough to have an effect on the vapor but not too big its a pain in the ass. The other bubbler I have is a little smaller but seems like it doesn't do a good enough job maybe.

If you do try it, maybe hot/warm water would be the way to go. Seems to add some humidity back to the vapor, from what I've read. I havent gotten around to trying it yet though

cvs8floz

Has she tried vaping any 1:1 THC:CBD strains, they are much smoother on the throat and still provide a very satisfactory high. All the other suggestions here are right on point - lower temps, more glass and water, lighter hits - but they are not going to eliminate all the harshness of THC.

Bazinga

Think I'll post on the Mighty thread to see if anyone has had good luck with a bubbler or water attachment. I watched a video with a water attachment that mentioned to "carb". I'm diabetic so I do watch my carbs !! What is meant by carb when it comes to water attachments?

Has she tried vaping any 1:1 THC:CBD strains, they are much smoother on the throat and still provide a very satisfactory high. All the other suggestions here are right on point - lower temps, more glass and water, lighter hits - but they are not going to eliminate all the harshness of THC.
Well, we can try.

GoldenBud

Vapor is just really dry and it will cause irritation if you're not constantly drinking water while vaping.
yeah, that, and also the diffusion of the organic materials inside your throat/lungs. these organs wants to clean themself, so they try to push out the reclaim. if you vape, i guess you always contain some reclaim inside of you i guess?
@Bazinga i think every hard user that you see here is like a master of putting out the reclaim of his body :lol: :lol:

Shit Snacks

Think I'll post on the Mighty thread to see if anyone has had good luck with a bubbler or water attachment. I watched a video with a water attachment that mentioned to "carb". I'm diabetic so I do watch my carbs !! What is meant by carb when it comes to water attachments?

Ha carb is carb hole, sometimes called kick hole, used to clear vapor without removing vape or bowl

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
A 'carb' is a hole in the bubbler that you keep closed until the bubbler fills with vapor. When you open the carb (basically taking your finger off the carb hole to allow fresh air to rush into the bubbler) the vapor in the bubbler flies into your lungs and the extra air coming through the carb can cool off the hit. Many folks use a bubbler with a carb without water just for the visual reference and the extra cooling.

@Shit Snacks converted me to level 1 on the Bowle as my first stop on the temp step sequence. I get an OK first hit but the second through fourth are visible. I think the trick is to go long and draw slow on level 1. It's not marshmallow cloudy but definitely tasty, visible and gets the job done.

Three things can cause me to cough on a draw....heat, decent sized hit of dry vapor and particles. Heat from the Bowle as an issue at level 2 would be surprising because it's so cool. Convection vapes produce notoriously dry vapor so.... Maybe it's the dryness of the vapor in which case a bubbler with water would add some possibly much needed moisture to the vapor.

I believe cannabis vapor is an expectorant so there's also the possibility that the expectorant properties might also be a factor in terms of sensitivity.

Last edited:

Bazinga

Thanks for explaining carb. Until last year I had never used marijuana. Most of my friends smoked joints and bongs. I had no objection to pot - I just never did it. It fact my wife was a pothead in college. I was an athlete and didn't want to smoke anything. Never smoked a cigarette. Fast forward a thousand years - after 9 broken bones, back surgery, both shoulders surgically repaired, torn meniscus, many stiches , etc. I was prescribed medical cannabis for pain due to inflammation. My wife was thrilled, my children were shocked and laughed their asses off.

This is why I have so many questions. This forum has been great !!!

Top Bottom