Watched threads alerts not being triggered

Varden

There is a problem with my account in the forum. I "watch" a few threads by pressing the watch button so I get alerts when there are new posts on that thread (I set it up for just alerts, no email).

The problem is after a while the alerts stop getting triggered even when there are new posts in the threads. I originally discovered this randomly after a while of not getting any alerts and seeing there were new posts in some of those threads.

To get the alerts again, I need to "unwatch" the thread and then "watch" it again. This will trigger alerts normally for that thread for a while, until at some point the alerts stop happening.

Can the Admins look into it so it can be fixed?

It happens in all the threads after a while, but, in case it helps, the most recent thread were the alerts are not being triggered despite my account "watching" it is this one. I am "watching" the thread, there are new unread posts but there was no alert

Last edited:
Varden,

Varden

Once you receive an alert for a thread, you will not get any further alerts until you have read the thread. This is the most common reason for this problem.
I do not think that is the case, but let me check again and I'll report back.

Varden,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It's also possible that an alert did not happen due to a post being deleted by a moderator, although that would be a rare occurance. I've noticed personally that when I see activity in a thread that I haven't been alerted about it is usually due to the fact that I didn't see a new page in a thread when I get to the bottom of the page.

:peace:

Top Bottom