Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

Bananiq

Vtac - thank you very much :) I still don't fully understand the jetflo - does it have different airflow? Anyway I will take a time and list all pages in this thread.

Bananiq,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
What is the difference between the standard and ?Jet-Flo? versions of the VCB lower bowls?

The difference between the standard lower bowl and the Jet-Flo version has to do with the size of the orifice in the bottom of the bowl. The standard one is smaller while the Jet-Flo version is larger. Keep in mind that larger isn't always better though...the Jet-Flo version must be used with good technique to get good results; we call it the expert bowl. The standard bowl with the smaller orifice creates a check valve of sorts that controls the rate of draw the user is capable of and also creates more vacuum under the screen so that not as much lung strength is required...it will also pace the delivery so that smaller Vrips result (still bigger than vapor inhalations off of any other device capable of delivering active vapor), but generally good concentration levels are achievable even by those without the most patience. The Jet-Flo version on the other hand must be used by one with patience to allow a good warm up, a pre-draw or two, than a full exhale and long, paced yogic inhalation: if this is done correctly the Jet-Flo will enable larger inhalations. If it isn't done correctly one will still get all the actives, but the vapor will be less concentrated, more diluted with air, and generally isn't as satisfying. As long as the timing is right most heavy hitters prefer the Jet-Flo, but there are exceptions. A good idea if you're looking for the styling set-up is to get a standard and a Jet-Flo as you'll want to have a back up anyway and the standard will be good for getting used to the system and for future neophytes whose minds you'll be blowin'.

stonemonkey55,

Bananiq

:) thank you stonemonkey. So in general, jet-flo is for more experienced vaporists and regular for me :p jk. I think i will get both anyway.. thank you

Bananiq,

NoSmoke

One more day till I head back to Minnesota, sad because my vacation is almost over, but at the same time exicted to take rips off the VHW, one of best vaping devices ever invented hands down. I like the PD but there's nothing like a good VRIP!

SA I believe SM55 told me all new units are sent out with the correct VT1 setting.

NoSmoke,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
So have you guys started to mod all temps before they go out?

Remember this?

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=622

Has it been officially addressed by Mark? What about customers that aren't FC members? hmm
We've sent individual emails to those that ordered the VHW that weren't part of FC to address this heating issue and as far as I know, everyone's individual units have been calibrated correctly. I've been calibrating each unit before it gets sent out so it should be all systems go! :tup:

Spiral - thanks for the ICE, it is AWESOME!

stonemonkey55,

Bananiq

SpiralArchitect said:
Wasting away the moments that make up a dull day in the chat and someone, not sure whom, asked for a 'hold your hit' contest, silly, I know. But I ran an online stop watch to see how fast the VHW delivers vapor.!
I bet Progress made up that contest :D

Bananiq,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Rad Sm55. 4 trays fill up that beast? I want a picture of the 'ice tower'. :lol:

So if every unit is calibrated before going out, personally by you, why are users still having problems? (An online friend recently acquired one and cannot seem to get it to function properly).

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hopefully I'll get a chance to speak with your buddy tonite to figure out what's wrong with his unit. In the meantime, thanks for the ice cube trays, here is the ultimate ice cooled vapor!

iceeuv.jpg

stonemonkey55,

whereami

is that a new bottom bowl? I see two handles, I remember seeing only one before

are we still looking at mid week for store updates including the new gong bottom bowl?

whereami,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Yes, the gong lower bowls have a handle as well so that you could pull it out of your waterpipe more easily. If you look at the picture, it looks like a long neck version so we are getting it shorted for aesthetics and durability. We were hoping to have the final sample ready by this time but will keep everyone here updated as we build a commercial model.

Have a good weekend everyone! Happy vaping!

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
haha I love the huge gong above the mouth piece LOLthis bong might made huge hit :brow:

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CD - that was an idea of mine that n3rd made into a reality. I forgot that some people don't like to share bongs, especially in a medicinal setting, so it was very useful to have interchangeable mouthpieces.

The second reason was because I get zits around my mouth easily but still wanted to use ice with my piece so this way I can insert the ice and not have to stick my entire mouth into one of the traditional mouth openings.

How does it feel like to hit this piece? Like vaping an altoid! 23 inches of crushed ice and some nice organic Sour Deez = YUMMY!

stonemonkey55,

captainwolf

Guys I ended up blowing material back into my VHW last night. :o I removed the heater cover and rinsed it out with hot water. The material didn't budge. Any recommendations as to how to clean the inside of the heater cover without damaging it? Thanks

captainwolf,

captainwolf

Ok, I've got it soaking in some iso, how long should I leave it in? Would you recommend using a pipe cleaner to scrap out the material if the iso doesn't take it all out?

captainwolf,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
pipe cleaner should be fine, just be very careful with the inner sleeve, and be sure to rinse and dry it thoroughly before putting it back on, then turn it on low for a while when you put it back on to get the rest of thge moisture out

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CW - just soak it and swish it around. The stuff the ISO dont take off, I just blasted mine on full heat for a while til it evaporated and just "sucked out" the ashes thru my bong. Hope that helps - as AofZ said, be careful with the inner sleeve.

stonemonkey55,

captainwolf

Thanks guys for the advice. It worked like a charm, no need for the pipe cleaner.

SM, I got some ideas for VHW line. I'm sure these have been brought up before, but I'm just going to throw them out there again. What about a wireless VHW? Hakko makes wireless, so why couldn't Vrip attach a heater cover to a similar design?
Second, what about making a stand alone glass encapsulated heating element like the Herbo? Hands free and people could choose to use their own water pipe or one of Vrips?

captainwolf,

jcw919

This is for current VHW owners- do you reccommend a percolated or non percolated bong?

jcw919,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Just wanted to show you guys something I did since a lot of people would like to use the VHW without the protective silicone sleeve. I cut a small piece and placed it into the top of the VCB. I pushed it in as tight as it would go and then vaped with the now silicone less VHW. The tip of the VHW doesn't get as close so you might have to turn up the heat a bit but I was getting very good vapors with it.

edit - I used a little more muscle and pushed the silicone further into the upper VCB and now the tip of the VHW is pretty close to where it should be. This is working beautifully!

By removing the sleeve you lower the thermal mass of the heating unit as well as make it more prone to breakage but there are some positives as well. You get to see the very detailed glass work that went into making this thing, and the silicone will now last much longer since it will only be heated when the VHW is in contact with the VCB.

If you do try this, you must be very careful when setting down your VHW as well as when you initially remove the silicone. I just wanted to re-iterate that while this technique works great, your VHW is more prone to breakage and it isn't super durable to begin with.

jcw - to answer your question, that is a matter of preference. I usually use a water tool that has a percolator as well as a lot of ice. The ice is the most important part for me tho but that is just my preference, some people prefer warmer vapes

photo11w.jpg

photo12j.jpg

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom