Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Yes, these should be available early next week. The VWT-Perc will be much smaller than the one in the demo, but the perc will be the same. Check the website early next week, or mid next week

stonemonkey55,

gak hater

stonemonkey55 said:
Yes, these should be available early next week. The VWT-Perc will be much smaller than the one in the demo, but the perc will be the same. Check the website early next week, or mid next week
price???

gak hater,

whereami

stonemonkey55 said:
cool and the gong is 18.8mm? so we could use this setup on another piece without needing the slide retrofit?

whereami,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
no price the VWT-Perc just yet, I believe they are going with a 14.4 gong on the VWT perc. They will be offering lower bowls in both 14 and 18mm though and no longer need the slide to retrofit.

stonemonkey55,

whereami

Nice updates, thanks.

I recently used the extreme through my glass with two percs (way too much for this purpose) and I liked the visual and audio feedback of draw strength/quality.

Through just a whip it's a little hard to judge your draw speed and vapor quality (until you taste it). I'm sure this gets better with experience, but I would imagine there is still a feeling like flying blind.

whereami,

jklasd

im wondering if the current owners on the VHW would recommand any accesseries, or could you just get the wand itself and be ok?

jklasd,

gak hater

the brown santa came today!! :D
i can't wait to put the new toy thru its paces! :brow:
i won't have the chance until the weeked :ko: :mad:
i will post up a review in a month or therebouts :cool:
so i get the full story and feel for this badboy..
if first impressions mean anything its looking really good!
a big thanks goes to stonemonkey55 for everything he has done :)

gak hater,

jx80

Does anyone see the wand flicker its red light on and off while using? I assume it does this when it reaches a temperature and then cool back down and starts climbing again?

jx80,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Does anyone see the wand flicker its red light on and off while using? I assume it does this when it reaches a temperature and then cool back down and starts climbing again?
You got it, its a bit deceiving at first because the outer sleeve needs to heat up to the inner sleeves temperature but once it does, the red light is cycling on and off as the glass sleeve cools off.

stonemonkey55,

jx80

Ok, just wanted to make sure it was not malfunctioning because it does cycle on and off a lot. Thanks.

jx80,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Mine does the same, think of it as 'homoestasis'.

Anyways,

Wasting away the moments that make up a dull day in the chat and someone, not sure whom, asked for a 'hold your hit' contest, silly, I know. But I ran an online stop watch to see how fast the VHW delivers vapor.

Before the 'mod' I'd be tiring out my lungs trying to get thick vapor, but with this, it only took 20 seconds from the moment I began inhaling, to when I finished exhaling (holding for 5-8 seconds). Aside from a 15 minute heat up time, that's pretty fast!

Hopefully get a real review up this weekend. It seems most people already got one themselves, so I won't shoot myself if I blow it off... :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Other than a water pipe and um... something to vaporize ;) you are set. Did you have somethnig specific in mind? I couldn't think of anything...

Edit;

Oh yeah, I experimented with glass screens today, jacks and daisies, and they both worked great. The Daisie operated more like a screen, so it was a bit more constricted, but the jack let me really rip it.

SpiralArchitect,

jklasd

well on the website there are certain types of bowls and what not, and i was just curious as to if any of that matters.

jklasd,

gak hater

jklasd said:
well on the website there are certain types and bowls and what not, and i was just curious as to if any of that matters.
some of them have different size stems and others are made for a heatgun
and others are for the heat wand.
stonemonkey55 can tell you for sure whats what

gak hater,

jklasd

hmm thanks. should a typical bowl work with the wand? not really sure what the size of mine is, i guess i should measure.
it seems like the ID of it is 3/4".

jklasd,

gak hater

jklasd said:
hmm thanks. should a typical bowl work with the wand? not really sure what the size of mine is, i guess i should measure.
it seems like the ID of it is 3/4".
some have had sucess as shown somewhere in this thread..
but i would say you would want one of thiers as it will give you the proper
seal that you need for it to work the best...
i'm sure when stonemonkey comes around he will fill you in.

gak hater,

whereami

SpiralArchitect said:
Seems like a complicated setup for something that could be much simpler; a ground glass bowl piece with the large 'wide bowl' for the herbs and where you stick in the wand. One piece, simple and easy. Put a screen in that sucker and your ready to rock.
I can't help but think the same thing after looking at the herborizer bowl design.

Spiral before your post-review, is the above quote still true in regards to the bowl design? What would you change after having used it, is the two piece bowl helpful?

whereami,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
The two piece has a few advantages, easier screen changing, as well as easy replacement of parts. I like being able to swap between the regular and jet flo (regular still is my preference). I know because of a patent they can't have a one piece GONG bowlpiece, so I may get someone to just blow me a worked one. Unless in the future Vrip starts adding worked bowlpieces, then I'd support them :)

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
jklasd - this guy found some success with off the shelf bowls - http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=591

I like the intake that was built for the VHW better due to a tighter seal and its easy to load as well due to the big opening.

as far as 1pc/2pc designs, I can think of pros/cons for both but as Spiral mentioned, it has to do with patent issues as well. As Spiral mentioned, the two piece design allows you to re-use the upper intake (the more expensive part $30 verus $20 for the lower bowl) and then just swap out the bottom portion if you have bongs of differing sizes

Let me know if you have any questions

stonemonkey55,

Bananiq

and forgive me if this is stupid question, does VWT pro model have an ice catcher?

Bananiq,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
bananiq - VWT has an ice catcher and the difference between jetflo and reg is hard to explain til you actually use. If you've ever used a PD and SSV, i would say Reg hits more like PD and Jetflo more liek SSV

stonemonkey55,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
This might help, jetflo on the right.

Ice catch on the VWT

Lots more pics in this thread.

vtac,
Top Bottom