Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

NoSmoke

is it supposed to smoke on the initial start, also the ceramic element looks dark om some spots?

NoSmoke,

jx80

I haven't heard any one mention and I've been wandering, how does the wand feel when your holding it to vapor, is it comfortable?

jx80,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
partially veiled said:
One thing I will mention is that I was hearing some "clink" noises when you were putting the wand on that plate; is it the best solution or just sort of a temporary one? I've been wondering myself what I'm going to do with that hot wand, and I've thought of a couple of solutions but I supposed I wouldn't really know which works best until my stuff arrives. How do you find handling the wand itself? Is the glass heater cover decently thick? Is it awkward? Is the wand well balanced? As I said I've got some ideas for how to keep a hot wand safe but I don't know--I really need to see the damn thing.
While reading this a thought flashed into my mind (PV you inspire me :p). Maybe a piece of wood about the length of the wand with a wide groove running down the centre? Or a couple of bits of wood put together to form a long channel that the wand can lay in. Then the wand can be placed down without any "clinking" and it won't be able to roll anywhere.

hazy,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hazy I like it!

NoSmoke - we spoke over the phone, replacement to be sent out Thursday. Need to see yours and costanzas to see if there is a common denominator

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
My heating element had a tad of discoloration too... what is this from, any idea?

Function wise, it seems to be well, perfect. :ko:

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Slight discoloration is normal, NoSmokes is a more extreme and malfunctional case. Mark's going to increase some additional QC immediately to get to the bottom of this.

stonemonkey55,

noia025

Very High Quality
hey sm55 (off topic)
i will open a tread for this later when the project for this new setup is ready....

how big the hole in the bong must be in cm or mm to be able to attach
the TDJS jet-flo + VCB 12 mm ?

this way i can use VHW properly.
im looking foward have my unique blowed glass, a great old man will blow it for me.. 2 colors green/ dark blue...tripod glass stand just beautiful, very cheap too.. just 33 dolars (30 cm high), i think i will ask for him make a 40 cm one for me.

Picture1.png

noia025,

Costanza

NoSmoke said:
is it supposed to smoke on the initial start, also the ceramic element looks dark om some spots?
I had the same smoke come out around the end of the sleeve, made more visible when I lightly blew on it or flapped the end of it (with a fingernail or tool). I figured it was some natural pre-use dissipation.
I have a dark spot on my heating element but took that to be normal as well.

I cut my silicon:

And that made it harder to find the occasional decent seal. :/
Spiral's video makes me want my replacement even more. I'm glad it was sent so quickly. :razz:

Costanza,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
From the VHW directions

Note: a small amount of water vapor will often release from the heating element the first few uses and condense inside the glass; this is normal and should dissipate after the first few uses.
noia - the TJDS fits into a 18.8 joint, so that should be the proper size

Costanza - nice cutting job! hopefullly your replacement will arrive shortly. if it's not sealing like it should, you can adjust the silicone up and down to make an optimal seal. Hope this helps!

stonemonkey55,

NoSmoke

yeah mine was just a crack in the ceramic heater causing what i beleive was extreme heat (making silicone slighty melt) and smoke come off, but sm55 took care of me, very nice and apologetic. just hopefully i get some good treats since i have to spring for return shipping, water tool? fingers crossed hehehe

NoSmoke,

gak hater

hey sm55 could you check in your emails for one from me that wanted to add to my order??,i haven't heard back yet on it,thanks

gak hater,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
is it me or most of the first user had probleme with there unit ? I dont want to look like a dick but I think that vriptech have to re-think the product before selling it ....btw they seem to take care of there customer
:2c:

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CD - no worries, we've had 5 issues out of about 100 pre-orders which is more than we would like. The heaters came in two batches so I need to see if one batch was worse than the others. The glass just needs re-enforced packaging (something we can do immediately) but the heating element, that's something we will need to diagnose.

None of the ones we have locally have had any issues so I am eager to see the ones that got sent back and figure out what's wrong with those. Mark knew that no matter how much testing he did himself, there was bound to be some problems that he didn't encounter which is why these were sold at 33% off of list price in case things broke down or needed to be replaced.

Mark's working hard to resolve this, I'm spending more time on the computer than my actual job, but whatever it takes, we'll make sure the customer comes out happy.

stonemonkey55,

gak hater

you have to expect some growing pains when you are going where
you haven't been before.
sm55 and mark seem like stand up guys
jumping right on the problems as they occur instead of ignoring them and hoping they would go away.
i know when i get my setup, i have no worries if something goes wrong they will do thier best to correct the situation and thats all i would ask.
i really can't wait to try it out :ko:

gak hater,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Thanks for your patience and support. Not only is the product new, but also Mark and I working together is also new and probably not the most efficient way because we both have regular day jobs and are doing our best to make sure all our customers are supported properly.

Didn't want people to think we were just giving away freebies but AofZ has a 14.4 water tool and we mistakenly sent him the TJDS which only works on 18.8 so we just sent him the TJS to make sure he could vape optimally.

Thanks again for all the support! In a few months, hopefully this will just be a funny story "Remember when my VHW wasn't working...."

stonemonkey55,

Davidius

Clear Dome says, "is it me or most of the first user had probleme with there unit ? I dont want to look like a dick but I think that vriptech have to re-think the product before selling it ....btw they seem to take care of there customer."

Well thank goodness Vriptech does not have the same mindset as you, otherwise I wouldn't have my VHW.

Davidius,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hehe I just said it cause some members got minor trouble but I was'nt knowing that there were just 5% of trouble !! it is really good for a new product ;) !! and as I said vriptech seem to take care of there customer so it ok !!:tup:

Clear_Dome,

Davidius

I see it like this: the VHW is essentially a remake of Hot Glass, but better. Both are based on commercial ceramic soldering irons. Now I am sure that if you check Amazon Reviews for commercial soldering irons, you will find a few quitting, a few perhaps smoking, and a few etc, etc,. Thus with the current design in the VHW, these same complaints are bound to happen.

So I do think Vriptech should be selling these.

But on the other hand, I also think they should be redesigned. I mean from, say, an investor's point of view. I would like to see the handle and heater hand-engineered first of all, because I have a feeling these are simply special ordered from a commercial soldering iron maker (see the striking similarity in the handles of Hot Glass and the VHW). Second, I would want the handle to be entirely different, so that the whole thing takes on a miniature ray-gun appearance. It could probably be patented on this aspect alone. And thirdly, one should be able to turn a dial (even if a somewhat tough dial), and the ceramic heater either retracts into the glass, or else the glass extends forward leaving the ceramic heater behind a bit.

Davidius,

Beezleb

Lets say your right Davidius, this would probably make the unit too expensive to be competitve.

Beezleb,

Davidius

Perhaps, but those developments I mentioned above (add to those, a thinner cell phone like cord) I am only conceiving in connection with more mainstream production and supply. In other words, I am not suggesting that Vriptech should make these improvements to make a small customer base more happy, for actually the VHW is pretty damn good as it stands, so long as Vriptech is able to keep up with problematic heaters and broken glass.

I am more or less just suggesting that the VHW has the potential to finally bring vaporizing to the mainstream, but it would have to have some different fundamental characteristics. (Keep in mind, also, that in this context, I am referring to the VHW as a stand-alone.)

Davidius,

Loarun

SA i watched the video a while back of your first impressions of the VHW when you unpacked it and we all watched the vapor hits grow in size:cool:

and i was wondering if you have improved your technique to get even better air to vapor ratios?

Loarun,

High Life 7

I just tried out my new VHW setup (jetblow and the thickest glass piece).

I happen to be a vapor newbie too. Just decided to start as this was coming out so have been waiting for the VHW to even start. I've only used a volcanoe. So this is like comparable to how your gf would react:

I would say that the VHW and the glass piece are sleeker and smaller than I thought--a good thing. Seemed bulkier and more cumbersome in the pics. The glass piece feels very thick and durable clanging around in the sink--seems pretty tough. I like it a lot. I was more careful with the heat want and found I could lay pretty perfectly it in this wooden coaster holder with rounded groves cut through the sides. Otherwise it is hot and I would be afraid it would burn my table and didn't want to set it on a hard ceramic dish. All the little stems and intakes and whatnot fit very snugly and seem durable. I didn't notice any seal problems.

As for initial performance, I think it worked fine, but didn't get too cloudy of vapor. I would say I learned to hit it a little faster to produce cloudier vapor because I was babying it at first (following what I thought was the advice for the jetflo). I suppose the silicone sleeve determines how close the heat element is to the bowl and I think mine looks like other people's photos. But I took some hits turned up all the way and didn't experience anything close to combustion or smoke-like vapor or flavor. Not sure if that is a problem or normal. It was very tasty though. My stuff tasted very sweet. One bowl, 2 people, still am experiencing aromatherapudic effects few hours later. I will continue to practice and learn.

High Life 7,
Top Bottom