Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Right on bro I feel you --- I too was stoked on the Volcano's unique capture and inhale at will process until I was disappointed first by the fact that it had an aluminum heating core (wrong, WRONG, wrong polarity for terpene expression) given the price point, and after using it at a "Cup" type event even with running the vapor through water I ended up with a tore up throat. It is really dry! I'm hunching this has alot to do with the aluminum core that polarizes the air you're inhaling and the fact that more air than is needed is pushing the vapor through. And because their extraction chamber is straight bore the flavor is in the first couple of balloons (terpenes releasing first at lower temps) and by the time you get to the condensed goods it had greatly diminished --- I admit I'm always seeking flavor country and anything less is, well, less satisfying!

Vrip went on to develop a Valloon glass vapor balloon extraction and delivery system that isn't as easy to use as the Volcano valve-set for sure, but gives you some of the multi-user or lazy user (Ha you know who you are!!!) benefits of the Volcano with a much higher quality of vapor and water/ice conditioning compaitibility as it has a down stem option to go straight to most water pipes or bubblers.

I also have an Aromed in the collection from years ago --- I was stoked on the medical professional design and the glass heating surface (although the housing around the bulb isn't glass and the vapor path isn't glass), but in all honesty besides those drawbacks I just could never get a real good extraction and inhalation out of it...after using the original Vrip HG it was hard to get satisifed with such small and wispy (relative) inhalations and the fact that it wasn't compatible wtih any of my functional glass pieces I had acquired over the years sort of sucked too! What ever happened to them? Aromed still around? Did they ever improve their unit or develop other products? I loved the bulb heat source approach!

The Ehle you've picked out looks great --- I'm assuming the size is in the 12"-15" range from the pic --- it does look alot like the RooR IceMaster which as the guy doing the stunts for the videos I can assure you works GREAT if large nicely conditioned inhalations are the goal (downside is you need to take a fairly long primer pull to get it going because it is like 18", but no big deal for healthy lungs). Vrip has always advocated water/ice moisture conditioning and cooling for vapor because the tiny amount of actives you lose running vapor through water (compared to smoke) is more than justified by how much easier it is on the tracheobronchial tree. Warm and dry vapor will still irritate and do damage --- skeleton in the closet of many vapor afficionados, but the truth. Crushed ice or snow is even better than cubes if possible, plus it takes up air volume in the tube for more immediate vapor and minimized oxidation!

Smaller pieces and bubblers are great for ease of use and not needing to use a primer pull to get it flowing due to the small air volume, but generally don't moisture condition and cool as well as a good tube like the RooR or Ehle. That said I've used some pretty insane bubblers and smaller tubes with various perks, diffusers, and now turbines that have made up for the lack of size with some tricky tech --- downside is the tech tends to be a bit expensive because of how trick the required glass blowing. Beauty of the Vrip technique is that you can move it around and use it with different pieces to suit your preferences, mood or occasion (just please clean it good first if it had been smoked through previously). The RooR I used in the video is a model favored by many of our old school customers that have transitioned from the HG to the VHW over the years because it is simple, durable and highly effective. Something to be said about simple, durable and effective and it looks like that Ehle is just that...let us know what you think when you get dialed in on it.

Shabang

alright guys I NEED HELP, shadowvape this is directed at you mostly but I'm sure and hoping I'll get help from my fellow members. My vhw 3.0 died last night after 1 1/2 years. I plug it in and the red light doesn't light up anymore. I did get it to work once after it had stopped working just by playing around with the temp dial and what not but, now it doesn't seem to want to turn on at all. I use this thing every single day and cant imagine having to smoke *cough. I need this thing fixed asap, im assuming its the heating element? vriptech sells this for $30 on the site and they say you can ship in the wand to have the install the heating element for me?? I migbht be willing to install it myself to hurry up the process, is this doable? Can I get the rundown for the process? steps needed, emails etc. I already emailed info@vriptech.com....I needed this thing fixed literally yesterday, please help guys, cant afford to wait weeks

thanks, i'll be glued to this board.

Shabang,

Shabang

so after doing some reading and seeing a few other members with the exact same issue I have I went ahead and ordered the heating element from vriptech.com. I accidently ordered 2 elements because their website glitched up on me. I emailed both info@vrip and mark regarding my refund so hopefully somebody will get to me soon.

Shabang,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
My condolances Shabang I feel for you (and your head and lungs!)...we'll get you sorted ASAP! I'm out of country and a bit off on my normal email schedule, but had this window open on my machine and just saw your post so will get to you here first. What you're describing definitely sounds like an element issue and the good news is it's usually an easy fix --- just purchase the element replacement service (or two LOL) and send back the heater only --- remove the glass carefully first --- send to the Foster City mailing address for Vrip (not the glass shop for fastest turn-around) and we'll have our tech swap the element and test it and then send back assuming all is well. The elements we use contain both the actual element and a thermocouple as integrated circuits instead of coils/probes in the cartridge so either the element or the thermocouple failing will cause the unit to not heat up at all or erratically as you've described. If I remember the tech (he is the all-things electrical smart guy) describing it to me right the thermocouple going out will give you the erratic performance before going completely dead and the element going out will produce no heat, but the red light still comes on. The tech is in town is the good news (we only have one guy who does this for us) and he usually turns them around in a week or so (sometimes faster) once he gets it. If you want to have a back-up element on hand as many of our more electronically sophisticated customers do we're happy to sell you an element only at half the price of the full replacement service and you can do it yourself or have someone local do it --- just be aware that we can't warranty someone else's work for obvious reasons and the de-soldering/soldering work required is on the smaller side, i.e micro-soldering so it's important you have the right tools and know-how otherwise you'll destroy the board trying (as is you'll only get two replacements normally before having to replace the heater because of the contacts at the board --- this is something we're exploring options on for future units).

If for some reason the unit has failed due to a board component and not the element we'll apply the full element replacement service cost towards a Bro-Form courtesy priced complete VHW (and you'll end up with an extra glass cover at a steep discount) or if cash is tight we'll work something out for you on just a replacement heater even though we don't normally sell them alone.

Sorry for the hassle we'll get you sorted ASAP and I'll check the email and make sure the girls know to only charge you for the one or if I get to them too late we'll just credit you back the difference of course --- sorry for the touchy shopping cart and even more sorry for the temporary loss of your Vapor Saber!

ShadowVape,
Reactions: ataxian

Shabang

My condolances Shabang I feel for you (and your head and lungs!)...we'll get you sorted ASAP! I'm out of country and a bit off on my normal email schedule, but had this window open on my machine and just saw your post so will get to you here first. What you're describing definitely sounds like an element issue and the good news is it's usually an easy fix --- just purchase the element replacement service (or two LOL) and send back the heater only --- remove the glass carefully first --- send to the Foster City mailing address for Vrip (not the glass shop for fastest turn-around) and we'll have our tech swap the element and test it and then send back assuming all is well. The elements we use contain both the actual element and a thermocouple as integrated circuits instead of coils/probes in the cartridge so either the element or the thermocouple failing will cause the unit to not heat up at all or erratically as you've described. If I remember the tech (he is the all-things electrical smart guy) describing it to me right the thermocouple going out will give you the erratic performance before going completely dead and the element going out will produce no heat, but the red light still comes on. The tech is in town is the good news (we only have one guy who does this for us) and he usually turns them around in a week or so (sometimes faster) once he gets it. If you want to have a back-up element on hand as many of our more electronically sophisticated customers do we're happy to sell you an element only at half the price of the full replacement service and you can do it yourself or have someone local do it --- just be aware that we can't warranty someone else's work for obvious reasons and the de-soldering/soldering work required is on the smaller side, i.e micro-soldering so it's important you have the right tools and know-how otherwise you'll destroy the board trying (as is you'll only get two replacements normally before having to replace the heater because of the contacts at the board --- this is something we're exploring options on for future units).

If for some reason the unit has failed due to a board component and not the element we'll apply the full element replacement service cost towards a Bro-Form courtesy priced complete VHW (and you'll end up with an extra glass cover at a steep discount) or if cash is tight we'll work something out for you on just a replacement heater even though we don't normally sell them alone.

Sorry for the hassle we'll get you sorted ASAP and I'll check the email and make sure the girls know to only charge you for the one or if I get to them too late we'll just credit you back the difference of course --- sorry for the touchy shopping cart and even more sorry for the temporary loss of your Vapor Saber!

:) thanks for the prompt reply, guess I got lucky you had the site open. Thanks for bringing up the refund issue right away as money is TIGHT. My wand was getting a little erratic with the temps before it died so that makes sense (would get super hot even on the lower temps) ok so, once I receive the heating element I will package it with my vhw 3.0 minus the glass cover and then ship it to the foster city addy. The tech there will then fix it and test it and if all is well ship it right back to me, correct? if it's not the element and it's the board you'll hook it up and apply the heating element service with the bro upgrade, correct? Sounds good.. Im hoping this element gets here soon. Ugh, this sucks with no vape :( ... feels like a part of me is missing :sigh:

thanks again for the fast response~!

Shabang,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Right on bro all good except a slight mis-understanding --- you won't receive the element in the mail just send the heater unit back with glass removed and a copy of the catalogue sales receipt showing your element replacement service purchase and we'll remove the old element and install the new element and then send back to you to re-install the glass cover and get back to Vrip-enabled Flavor Country!

ShadowVape,

Shabang

Right on bro all good except a slight mis-understanding --- you won't receive the element in the mail just send the heater unit back with glass removed and a copy of the catalogue sales receipt showing your element replacement service purchase and we'll remove the old element and install the new element and then send back to you to re-install the glass cover and get back to Vrip-enabled Flavor Country!

OH! ok! that's even better. I'll go ship this mofo out right now! :)

Thanks

Shabang,

VapeHead.com

Retailer
Get 2 - keep a spare on hand is my advice. I never vape with anything else now just hot-swap the glass and you'reback in business while you get the replacement mailed out :)

VapeHead.com,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Good tip VapeHead --- I know you know from firsthand experience!!! I've recommended spares for years telling people that once you taste and feel the difference a Vrip can make you won't want to ever be without one and I think initially at least customers are like "yeah, OK man I know you want to sell more glass," but then it never fails --- they break a piece and wish they had a spare so they didn't have to wait! The worst is if they break a piece during the holidays when we're almost always backlogged in the shop and shipping lags anyway...I wish we could be distibuted broader, but our product models are fairly specialized and not the most "head shop" friendly. We can sometimes offer expedited shipping if the request gets in fast enough, but man can it get expensive.

That said we have some great regional and web-based distributors and retail shops that tend to push the headies that carry Vrip and offer a faster replacement option often than we can direct. Spares are always a good idea though and cheaper than overnight shipping!!!

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Alright VaporEyes you've got to tell me what kind of bird that is in your profile pic --- I've got a brother and sister in law in mad debate with the sister in law arguing that it is a bird from Kenya (she did some kind of Swedish charity mission there a few years ago to build some homes for orphans and swears she saw this bird) and the big hunter brother in law who says it's a photoshopped make believe bird --- sorry for silly post folks, but this has gone on long enough --- left my computer on the breakfast table opened up to FC.com came downstairs yesterday to them arguing about it (in Swedish nontheless which already sounds like arguing to me LOL)....I didn't even ask and then got an ear full about it today as I guess it's been ongoing with active internet searches to no avail! No good herbs here to Vape and they are afraid of my brownies otherwise I'd already have put an end to this madness!

ShadowVape,
Reactions: VaporEyes

Shabang

Alright VaporEyes you've got to tell me what kind of bird that is in your profile pic --- I've got a brother and sister in law in mad debate with the sister in law arguing that it is a bird from Kenya (she did some kind of Swedish charity mission there a few years ago to build some homes for orphans and swears she saw this bird) and the big hunter brother in law who says it's a photoshopped make believe bird --- sorry for silly post folks, but this has gone on long enough --- left my computer on the breakfast table opened up to FC.com came downstairs yesterday to them arguing about it (in Swedish nontheless which already sounds like arguing to me LOL)....I didn't even ask and then got an ear full about it today as I guess it's been ongoing with active internet searches to no avail! No good herbs here to Vape and they are afraid of my brownies otherwise I'd already have put an end to this madness!

Well, you can inform them that they are both wrong. I can tell you that THAT is a male costa's hummingbird. They are in the united states so, nothing too exotic lol, and def not photshopped haha...and brownies sound great right about now...I'd love some! :)

Shabang,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker

It is a wine-throated hummingbird. That should put an end to the debate. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine-throated_Hummingbird

VaporEyes,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Bam! There it is thanks for the clarifications --- just got back to Cali today, but will take some pleasure in telling my wonderful in-laws they where BOTH wrong HA!
Man is it NICE to be home with a warm wand, cold PerK and clean VCB packed with fragrant flowers....brownies are nice and all, but not this NICE!

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
You where closer than the Vikings!!! I find full spectrum vapor takes you closer to knowing even what you do not really know....you got the humming part right at least!

ShadowVape,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I understand that:

"The VRIP delivers the best flavor of all the vaporizers to date"!

Is this a true claim and what improvements are planned for the near future?
Flavor is important to me and I use a waterpath with a SOLO and it's quite pleasant.
I have one plug-in: "VAPOLUTION" looks cheap however the Flavor is pretty sweet.
Now the VRIP is a plug-in. (Seems To work with water well?)
Why not build the water adapter into the unit?
18mm!

It's definitely on my bucket list!

ataxian,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I understand that:

"The VRIP delivers the best flavor of all the vaporizers to date"!

Is this a true claim and what improvements are planned for the near future?
Flavor is important to me and I use a waterpath with a SOLO and it's quite pleasant.
I have one plug-in: "VAPOLUTION" looks cheap however the Flavor is pretty sweet.
Now the VRIP is a plug-in. (Seems To work with water well?)
Why not build the water adapter into the unit?
18mm!

It's definitely on my bucket list!

I'd say you have a pretty good lineup for great tasting vapes, and I have experience with with solo, vapolution, LSV, VHW, and the VXC. These are the best tasting vaporizers I have used.

IAmKrazy2,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'd say you have a pretty good lineup for great tasting vapes, and I have experience with with solo, vapolution, LSV, VHW, and the VXC. These are the best tasting vaporizers I have used.
I see you have a LSV?
I'm torn between the VRIP and the LSV?
I use my PERSEI BENDER attachment a lot as well.
Actually I don't need more stuff however I'm having a lot of success with water path.
Looking 4 more water vapes!

ataxian,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Look what the swell brought in how's it Ataxian? The claim is true and the best way to validate is to take a proper Vrip. Highly recommended course of action. You are overdue this kind of flavor and purity. All glass surfaces including the inner and outer heating surfaces and extraction chamber surfaces --- air intakes are external in the glass and routing is not past electronics or gas tanks or plastic or aluminum housings --- nothing but glass so no flavor or polarity anomalies --- pack the bowls like you're packing bowls put the intake on and heat it simplicity. No other components or tools or long fingernails required. No Hot Metal or Ceramic pieces to handle to pack a second, or third, or fourth vape. Broader Spectrum by way of properly shaped Glasss. Simple and Effective.

The wand to intake interface is all glass on glass without a silicon tip seal in the next wand iteration (the tip seal is not in air/vapor path on current model anyway but it is there). But it's still not a fixed system in the next gen. Vrip values the ritual simplicity of packing bowl putting heat to bowl and inhaling. And in our eternal quest for the ultimate aromatic inhalation we appreciate being able to finesse the heat by simply cracking the seal and/or altering the rate of pull. Vrips always taste better from my experience, but some are dead center perfect so this becomes the goal every time after a couple of uses and dialing-in. There simply is no sensor better than the human senses (especially olfactory and visual), but it does require presence and participation. For this we understand Vrip is not for everyone.

It's definitely not the easiest, cheapest, quickest, or most durable --- it's tooled glass --- but if you use it properly you'll end up family if Flavor is a priority and you'll definitely dig being able to make the most out of just about any water and/or ice cooling functional glassware with standard fittings that you may already have or be inspired to otherwise obtain (you know you wanted a sick new glass piece too --- check :bowdown:aqualabtechnologies.com their selection is off the hook).

We do have 18.8mm (aka 19mm) bowls but you might want to size down to 14.4mm for the best pull volumes for vapor depending upon what kind of piece you want to use it with. There's a whole section on here a few pages back regarding the 18.8mm vs 14.4mm bowls and pull rates because someone was having a hard time milking it Blue with a new 18.8. I'll Cliff Notes it for you: if you're getting too much pull volume (apparant temps will be lower) double screen until the screens are seasoned enough to go down to one or just leave it double and clean it more or try a finer mesh screen. Our bowls also accept titanium screens or the popular honeycomb glass screens for 100% all glass air and vapor path. Do I hear the sound of a drop in the bucket?
party.gif

ShadowVape,
Reactions: biohacker

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm so glad I made comment on this tread.
Yes "FLAVOR" is highly important.
Interesting 18mm vs 14mm!
It makes perfect sense!
I have two BUBBLERS with 18mm bowl mounts.
This is my next water unit:
However I do have glass reducer bushing 18 - 14 mm.

So then I get the VRIP with a 14mm water adapter and I can add this to my quiver.
My floor is padded in my SMA!

And yes I hear it too!

www.aqualabtechnologies.com = very good company!
VHWinStand-lg.jpg

I like the unit with out the LOGO WRAP!
Let the technology speak for it's self!

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Damn that looks like a super sick piece of glass to pull Vrips through for sure --- reminds me of a piece StoneMonkey brought over years ago --- I think it was a Sovereignty (probably a video somewhere) ---- worked insanely well for Vrips. If it was my call I'd say run the reducer and the 14.4mm bowl, but others would definitely go the other way and just use the 18.8mm. We do reduce the 18.8mms a little to optimize the pull rate, but as blown glass each piece is still slightly different and from my experience the 14.4mm works perfect everytime.

The decal is, in fact, on the back side of the wand housing. If you have a VHW with two decals wrapping the entire housing and a tiny whole where the red light would shine/pulse through on the front side than you've got one that the tech has done an element repair on and for whatever reason went all arts and crafts on it. He doesn't do it on all of them, but some of them especially if they came in all grimy --- actually looks pretty cool and I can tell you he is proud of his work!

We're using the same board and element (the top dog US manufacturer who supplies many of the N. American vaporizer companies that use ceramic cartridge elements said our imported (integrated circuit instead of coil) element was a "Ferrari" to their "Pinto" and bowed out of bidding on the business), but we are considering a different housing on the next gen unit. I'd love to bring a full Vrip-developed form function and aesthetic by accomplishing this, but the tooling costs are high for anything polymer or ceramic based and metal housings tend to have problems of their own. Stay posted we'll try to dream up something tricker than two decals instead of one!!! For now our focus is the glass though and I can tell you that the people on this forum for sure are going to appreciate the next gen glass as it's really going to be a game changer for those all about the functional glass and the reality of 100% glass surfaces including the extraction chamber surfaces.

We're going to continue to make the current VHW 3.0 model and the VCBs with the compression o-rings because they represent such a great value, still have a 100% glass heating, air and vapor path (except for the super light stainless screen that can easily be swapped to glass) and will make it possible for a wider audience to enjoy the same superior quality vapor we inhale daily.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
For now our focus is the glass though and I can tell you that the people on this forum for sure are going to appreciate the next gen glass as it's really going to be a game changer for those all about the functional glass and the reality of 100% glass surfaces including the extraction chamber surfaces.
Proper Priority!

ataxian,

vapventure

So i've received my VHW last week and i was really starting to love it. Perfect extraction and very clean vape. I was going to write a little review about it, but unfortunately i have some bad news now, my unit has died already :(

It doesn't heat up anymore. I have it on the highest setting now since ~30 minutes and it doesn't warm up. The LED isn't glowing either. It's not the power distribution unit either, as other electrical products work fine on the same outlet.

I've never had it running for a long time and had it cool down before turning it off etc. Of course it never fell down or anything, the glass is fine. I was really careful with the unit. Any idea what i could try now before sending it back? Thanks for any help!

vapventure,
Top Bottom