VP-100 = Crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yeti

I've searched and can't find any info on this vape here. Although, I have found info on other sites that say this vape is chinese crap, do not buy, will kill you if you take a vape hit...etc.

Unfortunately, I was too stupid to research BEFORE I bought this vape. Got it from UPS this morning, haven't used it yet....am I gonna die from toxic shock tonight???

Seriously, if I enjoy the experience of vaporizing (first-timer), I'm certain I'll be upgrading to the Buddha or SSV very soon from all the great reviews and recommendations on this site. Love this forum...much more intelligent and mature than most sites centered around "partaking in the herb". :D

The Yeti,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I don't think you will die from toxic shock but you might be able to return it since you haven't used it - good luck my friend

stonemonkey55,

The Yeti

Yeah, I might be able to return it, but plan on using it in about an hour when I get home from work. ;)

Need to know if the vape experience is even my cup-o-tea, so to speak. Been smoking daily for 20+ years....could be a hard habit to break, but want the health benefits of the vaporizer...will find out soon!

Also, if I don't like it, I can just sell it to someone else.

The Yeti,

lwien

While you won't die from toxic shock, you SHOULD be a bit concerned with what may be in the vapor path of those cheap Chinese knockoffs. Hell, if they don't have a problem using lead based paint on baby toys that they export to the US market, one has to wonder what in the hell is in those cheap vapes.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yeti...don't make the mistake of using a shitty vape to see if you like vaporizing. That's like taking a bite of my hamburger to decide if you like steak. My first experience was a Volcano...and I was hooked. Then when I got something more complicated I was willing to hang in there until I got it working right. Many people try a shitty vape for the first time and decide vaping sucks. Don't be that fool.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
Been smoking daily for 20+ years....could be a hard habit to break, but want the health benefits of the vaporizer...will find out soon!
After 20+ years of smoking up your lungs, I'd make it a crusade to break the habit. Your body will thank you. As for the VP100, I hope you got it cheap. It goes for $50-60 on eBay.

max,

rukus13

I've got mixed feelings. I started off with shitty vapes and still turned into an avid vaporist. Not to many people are going to jump in with two feet and buy a 500 dollar vape right off the bat. I will say though buy the most economically feasable one you can afford. If you can afford a little more do yourself a favor and go for it because in the long run your going to spend way more on upgrades etc. My first vape was homemade out of a soldering iron it was the dome style concept. Though it sucked compared to what I have now it was enough to convince me that I would be finding a way to vaporize fulltime. Therefore I think its better for someone to start vaping with anything is better than nothing at all. Still do your homework and make a wise purchase the first time.

My second vape was a vapir one which was okay but I wasnt comfortable with the plastic so I splurged and got a volcano. That turned out to be overkill so I got a cheap box vape. It was great but then I realized that it was a cheap chinese knockoff and like one of the earlier posters said if they will use lead paint who knows what is in that thing. It to was a bit of overkill for me anyhow. I'm a fairly light smoker. Finally I settled on the PD and it fits my needs perfectly. I will be getting a second one at some point and thats all I need. The point being I'm what like a grand in on vapes now? Had I done my homework I could have avoided all of that. My advice figure out what you want it for and go off of that. Are you the type that like to smoke a one hitter then you probably want something like a pd. If your the type who like to take huge bong rips and blow clouds? Probably a box vape is for you then. Smoke mostly in social settings or with big groups? Probably want to go with the volcano then. Different vapes for different needs. Figure out what your needs are and then save up and get the best one in that category to start with.

Sorry if I'm rambling a bit. Been on the PD a bit allready hehe.

rukus13,

The Yeti

So, got the VP-100 all warmed up after work Friday, set it to 350f from recomendations on the forum.

First impression - HOLY CRAP! :o This thing rocks! I was more stoned than I'd been in years....and it was a "different" kind of high, just like I've read here.

Burned (or should I say vaped) most of what I had loaded (about 1/4 inch), started to taste like popcorn, turned up the heat a bit and got a couple more hits out of it, then the herb started to burn. Scraped out the old, and loaded up again.

Findings - I REALLY like vapeing! :D Think I'm gonna have to get DBV ASAP and junk this chinese crap before it kills me. Found that 325f is the perfect starting temp for this vape, with a max of 350f or it will start to burn the weed. Oh yeah, wifey likes it, too. :peace:

The Yeti,

lwien

The Yeti said:
Findings - I REALLY like vapeing! :D Think I'm gonna have to get DBV ASAP and junk this chinese crap before it kills me.
GREAT idea, and welcome aboard.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
Think I'm gonna have to get DBV ASAP and junk this chinese crap before it kills me. Found that 325f is the perfect starting temp for this vape, with a max of 350f or it will start to burn the weed. Oh yeah, wifey likes it, too.
Glad to hear that vapor agrees with you. Your temps don't mean anything as far as true vaping temps. You can't expect accuracy from these cheap units. A true 350 F will not burn your herb. Use the display for reference only. Good idea to invest in a DB. Maybe you can sell your VP100 before it breaks down, or just keep it for an emergency backup.

max,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
max said:
Maybe you can sell your VP100 before it breaks down, or just keep it for an emergency backup.
Yeti Max is right at bare min keep it as a back-up because when your other is down and you cant get it fixed right away your going to wish you had some sort of back up.

umpnum14,

ThirdGunman

Hey the yeti! Welcome to the forum... and vaporizing. I'm not usually one to chime in on these questions but I happened to make the same purchase as you quite awhile ago. I bought a vp100 a couple years ago (long before I ever knew about FC) and while it definitely does the job, and never killed me for the week or so I used it, it still turned me off with its unpleasant smell and taste. Which were the two things tbat threw up red flags and turned me back to combusting out of my bongs and bubbs.

However, now that you know you can get just as ripped from toasting your buds you might as well plan your next investment. I went with a log vape years after abandoning vaping cause of the vp100 and it totally changed my mind. I'm now primarily usuing a life saber vape with all my old bongs and it is ssssoooo much better that it ever was combusting out of them.... not to mentiom the conservation that's taking place.

ThirdGunman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom