Volcano Hybrid

lokiki

Has anyone posted this:

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxfaqs/tf.asp?id=190&tid=34

Not only do we not know that the aluminium "dust" (if that is even the correct term for it) is even entering the air stream but it seems to me that the amount would be so miniscule that it would be negligible alongside every day exposure.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just my personal opinion is that the whole thing is way overblown (and people are entitled to be if they feel that way).

I'll probably continue to use the aluminium chamber even when the SS one arrives, I'll post back in years to come if FC is still around if my lungs have collapsed or not (if my brain isn't too damaged from exposure).
Interesting read!
Though a medical device should, in my opinion, not shed metal particles.

lordfurd

Agreed, it shouldn't, but it does, that's unfortunate and
will be a big hit to S&Bs reputation. I just think there needs to be some common sense in the reaction, some are acting like S&B out their straight killing folk and we are at Defcon 1.

Is the general consensus then that S&B are willingly letting people suffer serious health risks given the SS chamber is not mandatory? Or is the guidance to clean it like in many other consumer products that get ignored but is included just to cover them? I'm not guessing either way, I'm not sure.

snamuh

ghost
Has anyone posted this:

Not only do we not know that the aluminium "dust" (if that is even the correct term for it) is even entering the air stream but it seems to me that the amount would be so miniscule that it would be negligible alongside every day exposure.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just my personal opinion is that the whole thing is way overblown (and people are entitled to be if they feel that way).

I'll probably continue to use the aluminium chamber even when the SS one arrives, I'll post back in years to come if FC is still around if my lungs have collapsed or not (if my brain isn't too damaged from exposure).
There were literal flake on mine. To me the oxidation is almost nothing. I kind of expect that. But I had literal glittering flakes.

There's no reason a vape should have alluminum flakes laying under the bowl. It doesn't matter if it's healthy or not because alluminum flake have proven it was designed with little care or understanding.

Pablopicasso

Has anyone posted this:

I agree completely it is about personal perspective and any one is in title to do Best for their self.
Just couldn't vape in a vaporizer that I'm not sure what exactly I'm inhaling so prefer to no if I have to decide.
After this uppened I returned my hybrid and buyed a premium glass vape no metal apart for the basket, this opened my eyes and I made my mind... I'm not coming back to metal chamber so no hybrid after this and I can live and vape happy....
Just matter of what we siking and I'm siking to live long and happy....:myday:

lokiki

There were literal flake on mine. To me the oxidation is almost nothing. I kind of expect that. But I had literal glittering flakes.

There's no reason a vape should have alluminum flakes laying under the bowl. It doesn't matter if it's healthy or not because alluminum flake have proven it was designed with little care or understanding.
Yeah the oxidation doesn't bother me that much, more so the flaking off is a problem to me.. for this price it's unacceptable.
also the updated manual with the extra maintenance every time I use the device is just sad for what I paid

Last edited:

david8613

melting chambers, aluminum dust, metal flakes, its too much my friends! all hybrids should be RMA'd IMO.

I don't know about you but I do save and use my avb, to make tinctures, oils, creams and cannabutters, do I want metal flakes in my AVB that is going to end up in my digestive system, kidneys, liver, and where ever else I think not. sorry but this is not acceptable! its not defcon anything, its not over reacting, but this is very serious and not right. especially coming from a company who basically started and pioneered the high end, premium vaping category.

WakeVape&Bake

melting chambers, aluminum dust, metal flakes, its too much my friends! all hybrids should be RMA'd IMO.

I don't know about you but I do save and use my avb, to make tinctures, oils, creams and cannabutters, do I want metal flakes in my AVB that is going to end up in my digestive system, kidneys, liver, and where ever else I think not. sorry but this is not acceptable! its not defcon anything, its not over reacting, but this is very serious and not right. especially coming from a company who basically started and pioneered the high end, premium vaping category.

exactly my opinion too..they can try as they want but the Hybrid in this version is not thought out and a complete fail. for this premium price it is completely unacceptable, it comes off like a chinese knockoff of the real thing with these issues

they should have been honest: inform all buyers about the issues and telling the people about a redesign of the device with SS ring followed by a recall of the current Hybrids. there is so much that rubbed me the wrong way that my picture of the whole company is really low at this point.

might be that S & B themselves are not able to tell much because of the CG joint venture but...no, that is really not good at all to me. considering that this the flagship model of this company...the whole affair is really a bit embarrassing at this point.

Last edited:

Vapenayshyall

Has anyone posted this:

So what level is considered high for inhaling? We in ingest mouse shit all day from food but would you want to inhale mouse shit? I wouldn’t lol. Those are two very different routes of entering your body.

david8613

So what level is considered high for inhaling? We in ingest mouse shit all day from food but would you want to inhale mouse shit? I wouldn’t lol. Those are two very different routes of entering your body.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: you crazy! but its probably true!!!!

david8613,
Reactions: JPE

Pablopicasso

Short story:S&B asked me to send my hybrid for studyies and than refund me...I emailed them 7-01-2020.
Volcano hybrid arrived 2 days ago in S&B headquarter.
No more communication from them.
Emailed yesterday and this morning I received standard answer about new chamber.
I emailed back saying that I don't have a volcano anymore because they asked me to send it..... funny.
No response....
But I'm like a mule and called S&B Germany (I'm from Spain is going to cost but right now I don't care) after 7 call en few messages I managed to talk with a lady Wich I explained my situation and she asked me if I wanted my Volcano back from RMA or a refund and explained that my Volcano worked flowless and the only concern I had was the metal part and my health so couldn't see how I wanted back after I explained my concerns and they asked me to send it back.
She said will communicate to Rma team my decision to have a refund ....I made her promes.
From my experience get this money back is going to be painful and going to take long time.
But I never lose my hope I I'm going to do what ever is in my power to get what is in my right .
Looking wrost every day

Mixio

TheVaporOne
this is the answer of s & b to my request replace both the chambers.
it seems that both the chambers and the capsules in SS are being produced and that after the update there will be no need for any extra cleaning. we hope well!

Dear,

thank you for your message.

Please visit the support section of our online shop to make a request for your replacement.

In order to claim additional stainless-steel cylinders with insert, we ask you to send us either a copy of your Filling Chamber orders or a picture of your Filling Chambers.

In the meantime, we ask you to adhere to these cleaning and handling instructions.
These instructions, however, are only relevant until you receive the new filling chamber cylinder, which will come with simplified cleaning and handling guidelines.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Last edited:
Mixio,
Reactions: snamuh

lordfurd

It will be interesting to see what happens when people start receiving the new SS chambers. I wonder if they were/are ready to ship or if they are getting numbers before production, hopefully the former.

I am not really a heavy user so I'd probably be more concerned with a loose bit of boiling steel while I am high as a kite than I am with the aluminium so hopefully there is more to it than meets the eye...

Last edited:
lordfurd,
Reactions: Mixio

Vapenayshyall

this is the answer of s & b to my request replace both the chambers.
it seems that both the chambers and the capsules in SS are being produced and that after the update there will be no need for any extra cleaning. we hope well!

Dear,

thank you for your message.

Please visit the support section of our online shop to make a request for your replacement.

In order to claim additional stainless-steel cylinders with insert, we ask you to send us either a copy of your Filling Chamber orders or a picture of your Filling Chambers.

In the meantime, we ask you to adhere to these cleaning and handling instructions.
These instructions, however, are only relevant until you receive the new filling chamber cylinder, which will come with simplified cleaning and handling guidelines.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
I’m confused they are making a stainless steel chamber reducer and dosing capsule? They ignored my question about a stainless steel chamber reducer. I also bought a chamber reducer and a bunch of capsules and would like some stainless steel replacements.

Vapenayshyall

Well, yeah....but if you don't live in a bubble, and if you do much activity outdoors at all, then you probably are inhaling mouse shit and a lot of other stuff.

Just saying, because its not noticeable doesn't mean it ain't happening.
I guess I’m thinking about hanta virus laced mouse shit a barn. I don’t notice the mouse shit in my cereal but I know is there lol

Last edited:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I’m thinking like hanta virus Laced mouse shit from a barn. I’m ok with neglible

I guess I’m thinking about hanta virus laced mouse shit a barn. I don’t notice the mouse shit in my cereal but I know is there lol

This is my second WARNING about this Crappy talk about Shit!
Cease this hilarious horseshit or I'll crap my diaper!!1 lol :>)

Pablopicasso

Great news for me.
After little bit of frustration generated because of to many email exchanges and not to be hable to explain my situation to C.S (they send me a return label when my hybrid is already there and more.......but anyway)S&B asked me Bank account details for a refund let's hope....

Last edited:
Top Bottom