Volcano Hybrid

WakeVape&Bake

There was nothing shipped at all to me...ordered the chamber directly last friday, nothing till now.

and no answer on my lengthy email about a refund and a general criticism of the issues and the handling of the whole thing.

shortly: i am not amused. will call them tomorrow and try to get someone on the phone, i want my money back. i am really pissed about all this.

david8613

GOOD STUFF! ON REFUNDS, THIS IS WHAT THEY NEEDED TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE, REFUND OR RMA YOUR DEVICE, GIVE YOU A CHOICE. NO WAITING, NO WONDERING, NO STRESS!

WakeVape&Bake

so..i didn´t wanted to wait longer. i´ve called the german HQ, talked to a woman for like 10minutes.

i´ve explained everything calmly in detail, my concerns and that i am not amused and that i am not ok with the new chamber solution. i´ve also said that i´ve barely used the device as a result of all these issues with the aluminium and plastic.

she was apologizing for everything and that S & B themselves were a bit rolled over by the issues with the device and are investigating every little thing at the moment.

she said they wanted to make a "fast as possible" fix for current owners because they are taking the issue very serious. but she also stated that this is only a fix intended for "further use of the current Hybrids", she hinted at the fact that they will change production to SS in the near future. (cue the "well, there it is" gif)

i said that i am not okay with it and that i´ve already sent emails and that i want a refund.
she said she will forward my emails to the people responsible for further evaluation of my case and that they "will try to find a satisfactory solution" for me personally. whatever this means. she couldn´t make a final call but assured i will hear from them "as fast as they can". she also asked if i still have the invoice of the device.

make of that what you will. could have been a nice way to get me out of the door or they will really contact me.

back to twiddling thumbs for now

Last edited:

yung fuggingson

Sup my G's, with regards to the mouse shit in food stuff, this reminded me that last year they busted a huge UK operation, and what they found everywhere was human shit from lack of facilities (this was a huge hidden cave on farm land with like over 100 illegal immigrants cutting the plants up.

More to the point, if you are anywhere where weed isn't legal or just buying street weed for cost reasons, you are probably already inhaling a decent amount of that secret sauce lol.

Sorry, please don't shoot the messenger.

WakeVape&Bake

Sup my G's, with regards to the mouse shit in food stuff, this reminded me that last year they busted a huge UK operation, and what they found everywhere was human shit from lack of facilities (this was a huge hidden cave on farm land with like over 100 illegal immigrants cutting the plants up.

Long story short, if you are anywhere that weed isn't legal, you are probably already inhaling a decent amount of that secret sauce lol.

Sorry, please don't shoot the messenger.

are we shittalking AGAIN? do we have to call a mod in here?

just kidding lol. yeah i don´t want to know what i´ve inhaled over my 25 years of consuming cannabis. i still remember the regular "standard morocco hash" in the 90s, it was laced with henna when you were lucky, if you were not lucky they threw in other shit for good measure...

WakeVape&Bake

this could only be topped by the so called "soap bars" from the UK back in these days :D

oof, didn´t know about those...sounds exactly like the stuff that was around back in the days though :lol:

back then, one friend of mine claimed that they burned old car tires to a gooey substance and mix it with pot to sell it as the infamous "black afghan"

many people shrugged it off as just one more stoner tale but...i would be not so sure that this was just a tale looking back lol

WakeVape&Bake,
Reactions: Alex3oe

Baron23

this could only be topped by the so called "soap bars" from the UK back in these days :D
I understand they still sell “bum hash” in the UK, I think also referred to as eggs. Haha

So if these rings are only an interim fix and final units will be different, then they need to offer to rework fielded units to latest config. For free, of course.

If they don’t, and they think existing owners will be satisfied w a band-aid, then they are in for a shit storm.

I personally would not be satisfied w that approach.

WakeVape&Bake

So if these rings are only an interim fix and final units will be different, then they need to offer to rework fielded units to latest config. For free, of course.

If they don’t, and they think existing owners will be satisfied w a band-aid, then they are in for a shit storm.

I personally would not be satisfied w that approach.

i think they will try to handle it this way...give existing users the ring, a few might complain, don´t make a big thing out of it...and it is cheaper and the more easy thing for them to do. bring a silent update without any mentioning...and the thing is over.

realistically...from say, 100 Hybrid owners, how many might call them and ask politely for solving their issues? maybe...30 or 20 people? the rest doesn´t know, doesn´t want to know or are just accepting the fix.

from a pure company standpoint...it is understandable to try it that way but it is a thin line to a potential shitstorm for sure. i think they try to hide it, there won´t be a big acknowledgement.

edit: where the "weedtubers" at? for example, Troy said he is a big advocate of transparency, he should do a follow up of this whole affair. i really hope there will be a bit more coverage soon.

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Last edited:

Cookiesaurus

where the "weedtubers" at? for example, Troy said he is a big advocate of transparency, he should do a follow up of this whole affair. i really hope there will be a bit more coverage soon.

Seriously. Really would've thought Pete, VapeCritic or Troy would have spoken up about this, especially bc they probably have the largest audience in the vape community. Many people who don't even vape watch their videos, it honestly might be a good way to force S&B's hand with acknowledging the problem.

lokiki

so we will have a volcano hybrid 1.0 and 2.0 eventually.. I feel like a beta tester who paid a shitload for the experience of having to contact their cs with the news that my housing was charring.

could've waited and avoided this shitstorm

I hope that they will make up for it and rework existing units if thats the case but they probably won't because money..
Don't get me wrong. it's still a great device in essence of extraction but this whole affair seems off..
sorry for being cynical about this but I just feel let down

WakeVape&Bake

so we will have a volcano hybrid 1.0 and 2.0 eventually.. I feel like a beta tester who paid a shitload for the experience of having to contact their cs with the news that my housing was charring.

could've waited and avoided this shitstorm

I hope that they will make up for it and rework existing units if thats the case but they probably won't because money..
Don't get me wrong. it's still a great device in essence of extraction but this whole affair seems off..
sorry for being cynical about this but I just feel let down

yeah, it is definitely all around disappointing.

my tip: give them a call. be calm, not angry and explain your reason.

the german HQ also has international support. don´t bother with the american branch. they were really upfront to me and it came off as sincere what they were saying.

as soon as i get an response i will report back, i take this woman by the word. i had the feeling she will definitely forward my emails.

let me put it this way: i had the feeling that they really care and take me seriously about this. and that they will try their best to leave me satisfied. it was completely different from the "official" and public stuff. i was really surprised that i´ve talked for 10 minutes with someone who seemed to care about my concerns.

imo they know they´ve dropped the ball...not meant as excuse for S & B but from my call today i think they really know that it is not really acceptable.

i really think the merger with Canopy was not good for this company

Last edited:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I was looking at buying one of these for my birthday for a “end game” desktop.
But after all this fiasco I went in another direction and ordered something else.

canopy growth Corp are probably just trying to cheap out in as many places as possible to save money since they are losing $$$ like crazy. They are a dumpster fire of a Corp. I’m no longer supporting S&B. ... thanks Trudeau and the rest of these govt. jack asses screwing everything up for greed. Fuck a government monopoly

- rant over

have a nice day guys and vape on!

WakeVape&Bake

I was looking at buying one of these for my birthday for a “end game” desktop.
But after all this fiasco I went in another direction and ordered something else.
!

good decision. i would advise anyone to NOT order a Hybrid or buy it used at the moment and wait. wait for the revision and don´t bother with it at the moment. the device as it is...one of the best vapes you can buy. nothing gets you more medicated. but wait for a effing revision people.

who knows, maybe the whole affair ends like @Baron23 suggested and the device will end up in high regards...in the next version of course.

WakeVape&Bake

I don’t think they ship units at the moment!

as i reported, the device is currently unavailable on german amazon marketplace when choosing S & B as seller.

it states it will be available from january 31st. i think they´ve stopped sales and will silently upgrade the device.

again: if lurkers come into the thread: don´t buy the Hybrid at the moment.

david8613

I know after all this crap, there will be a 2.0 version for sure they have no choice. I think I will wait even longer to make sure the 2.0 is good, and hopefully they will release a 3.0 with the ability to shut off or control how much conduction you want, and also the ability to control how much air the air pump pumps out, that would be cool whip users. oh and how about adding google assistance, like "hey google give me a hit off of volcano!" lol

WakeVape&Bake

I know after all this crap, there will be a 2.0 version for sure they have no choice. I think I will wait even longer to make sure the 2.0 is good, and hopefully they will release a 3.0 with the ability to shut off or control how much conduction you want, and also the ability to control how much air the air pump pumps out, that would be cool whip users. oh and how about adding google assistance, like "hey google give me a hit off of volcano!" lol

i would be fine with a conduction/convection switch so you can have the device running the whole day, ready to vape with sacrificed efficiency...would also live up to the "Hybrid" moniker

i just don´t like the "hurry hurry, vape your bowl" style, especially not when there is melting plastic involved

Vapenayshyall

You kind of can do it. I say “hey Siri, blaze it” and she switches mine on and opens up the S&B app. I still have I’ll press heat, air or press my super bag short cut.

lokiki

yeah, it is definitely all around disappointing.

my tip: give them a call. be calm, not angry and explain your reason.

the german HQ also has international support. don´t bother with the american branch. they were really upfront to me and it came off as sincere what they were saying.

as soon as i get an response i will report back, i take this woman by the word. i had the feeling she will definitely forward my emails.

let me put it this way: i had the feeling that they really care and take me seriously about this. and that they will try their best to leave me satisfied. it was completely different from the "official" and public stuff. i was really surprised that i´ve talked for 10 minutes with someone who seemed to care about my concerns.

imo they know they´ve dropped the ball...not meant as excuse for S & B but from my call today i think they really know that it is not really acceptable.

i really think the merger with Canopy was not good for this company
Sent them a mail asking if they will introduce this steel into new units and if so, if i can exchange my old unit for a new one or refund.
explained that the dust and melting plastic is a concern for me.
wondering what they will say, hoping for the best

Top Bottom