Volcano Hybrid

Baron23

That doesn't look bad at all, looks like the grey alumunim oxidation that everyone has, the dark specs look like herb, and you definitely dont have aluminum flakes in there which is good.
That's kind of what I was thinking. Specs look like either tiny pieces of herb or AVB or even dust on the 'Cano or all of the above. But no, I do not see AL shavings or the like there nor is my ring galled or gouged.

I still want SS replacement and we will see if they did a good engineering job or just rushed out a crappy fix to try to appease us.

Only time will tell.

Did you sell your Hybrid yesterday as planned?

this stuff seems to be forming from just standing around

AL will form AL oxide almost immediately when exposed to air. So does chrome for that matter and the layer of oxide is what keeps it from rusting...seals it up.

Last edited:

david8613

That's kind of what I was thinking. Specs look like either tiny pieces of herb or AVB or even dust on the 'Cano or all of the above. But no, I do not see AL shavings or the like there nor is my ring galled or gouged.

I still want SS replacement and we will see if they did a good engineering job or just rushed out a crappy fix to try to appease us.

Only time will tell.

Did you sell your Hybrid yesterday as planned?

AL will form AL oxide almost immediately when exposed to air. So does chrome for that matter and the layer of oxide is what keeps it from rusting...seals it up.

yes my volcano hybrid was sold, I will miss it dearly it was such a good vape, I had too much fun with it this weekend. I know I will pick up another as soon as all this stuff gets sorted out. I think it will get fixed, I think we will also see a newer version come out, sony, apple, Microsoft they all do it all the time, little mini upgrades over years improving user experience without anyone knowing. I just wish storz would be more transparent about everything. storz not talking about it really rubbed me the wrong way, and they never addressed the melting plastics.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
yes my volcano hybrid was sold, I will miss it dearly it was such a good vape, I had too much fun with it this weekend. I know I will pick up another as soon as all this stuff gets sorted out. I think it will get fixed, I think we will also see a newer version come out, sony, apple, Microsoft they all do it all the time, little mini upgrades over years improving user experience without anyone knowing. I just wish storz would be more transparent about everything. storz not talking about it really rubbed me the wrong way, and they never addressed the melting plastics.

How much did you lose on it?

tennisguru1,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
not much, just about broke even. I am ok with it, and the buyer was very happy too.

G9oSRSe.jpg

Using the same Hugh ass "J" hook on my TI GH also...
No need for water, great natural cooler
Can really taste the terps better than thru the bag.

snamuh

ghost
Good catch!
If they really do silently upgrade the hybrid and let the current owners sit with just a ring as solution then I won't be buying from them anymore..

This company is already dead in the ground to me.

Any dumb ass stoner should have seen these issues in r and d.

It's like corporate society just assumes we are autistic and retarded.

This issue is purely greed and stupidity. No question. Even their fix is suspect. I'm not academic... But as will rip apart alluminum worse than aluminium on aluminium.

david8613

I don't even think these chambers and rings are even ready to ship, they never gave an E.T.A. I wonder how long it will take to ship to customers. it does say on the web page they will not overnight or rush ship this item, which I think is just plain wrong they should have overnight everyone these chambers and rings as soon as they were ready to ship to get everyone going and enjoying there volcano hybrids quickly. I wonder if its coming straight from Germany? I think it will be awhile before we get anything from storz especially if you are in the states.

Last edited:

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
I don't even think these chambers and rings are even ready to ship, they never gave an E.T.A. I wonder how long it will take to ship to customers. it does say on the web page they will not overnight or rush ship this item, which I think is just plain wrong they should have overnight everyone these chambers and rings as soon as they were ready to ship to get everyone going and enjoying there volcano hybrids quickly. I wonder if it is it coming straight from Germany? I think its gonna be awhile guys before we get anything especially if you are in the states.
I am in Germany and I am waiting too!

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
did anyone get a shipping confirmation for the SS ring? nothing at all here and i´ve ordered directly after getting the email...
I ordered on Friday the 10th and received an email saying a package has been sent Monday, Three day priority shipping. Right now it is in Cali, I'm in Florida. Should be here Wed. or Thurs. the latest. I will post a video and demonstrate the procedure.

Last edited:

Baron23

I ordered on Friday the 10th and received an email saying a package has been sent Monday, Three day priority shipping. Right now it is in Cali, I'm in Florida. Should be here Wed. or Thurs. the latest. I will post a video and demonstrate the procedure.
Please do post procedure. I’m very interested in what/how they say it should be installed.

Some have speculated that the ring just sits on the AL ring w no attachment.

That would be unacceptable to me, personally, but in fact we really haven’t a shred of true knowledge about how exactly this is to be installed.

In a pic above, someone posted a qtip after swabbing w some glints shining in there and believe that to be AL. Maybe better to see in person as I’m not sure what I’m seeing in that pic.

But while my AL rings don’t have any gouges or galling, IMO it’s beyond dispute that others have experienced this and posted the pics.

Every time the marketing and sales dept pushes for a quick release, and this is very common, then engineering and good testing get sacrificed.

I’ve seen it a dozen times in tech companies and wonder when we will ever learn. Sigh.

While not nearly as outraged as some, I do think S&B really hosed this up and they have the knowledge and experience to know better.

Love to know, just out of curiosity, just how much Canopy was busting S&B’s balls to push something out the door fast.

Too bad as I think long term they will fix this and the Hybrid will be held in high regard. But S&B screwed themselves and their customers in the interim. Just too stupid for words.

Last edited:

Mixio

TheVaporOne
This is the reply of vaposhop europe to my replacement request for my chambers...no comment

Hi Massimo,

Thanks for your message and your kind words.
You can be assured, you can use the Crafty and the Hybrid perfectly safely. The new chambers that Storz & Bickel are developing are an improvement, but it is not necessary to replace the old chambers. Also, the reducer chamber can be used as you are used to. I renommend to clean the device after use, but you write in your message that already do so.
I hope I have answered your questions, please let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
Franca
VapoShop - Europe’s #1 Vaporizer Store
Facebook / Instagram / Twitter
+31 (0)20 4889886

Mixio,
Reactions: snamuh

david8613

this is good news! I am surprised! I would definitely like to see the new chamber install, hopefully it will be what we expect.

I was the one who had cleaned my hybrid with a piece of napkin showing the little flecks of aluminum, I also included pics of my chamber that showed no scratches on the aluminum, I baby my toys. in person you can see the flecks of metal very pronounce all you have to do is shine a light on it and you will see it. the flash from my camera is what made the flecks show up. over time this will only get worse, because I only used my hybrid twice and the evidence was there plain as day. I hope the fix is legit.

david8613,
Reactions: lokiki

Pablopicasso

Placed a qtip under the microscope, got this from it.
https://ibb.co/nzrZ9pF
https://ibb.co/TLWwtDq
https://ibb.co/k6zF144

Looks like tiny shiny specks in between the black threads of the qtip?
correct me if im wrong

Unfortunately looking bad to me and hopped until now that I was more a ocd think from a forum where people take their health seriously.
Been lucky to return my hybrid and no more comment apart:how I can trust the most respected vape company if act like mafia to me!just they don't take seriously health but act like they do .
Unfortunately shame to us that we had to inhail something that we where sure was healthy but in reality potentially dangerous (medical device standars)

Last edited:

david8613

@Pablopicasso how did you get refund for your hybrid? was it from storz & bickle or from where you brought it?

if its reflecting the light from microscope when you move it around then yeah looks like it could be flecks of aluminum. on my napkin I can definitely make the little flecks of metal shimmer like a disco ball when I moved the light around it reflects back. later I doubled checked with a clean unused napkin to make sure the napkin didn't come like that and I did not see it.

david8613,
Reactions: lokiki

lokiki

@Pablopicasso how did you get refund for your hybrid? was it from storz & bickle or from where you brought it?

if its reflecting the light from microscope when you move it around then yeah looks like it could be flecks of aluminum. on my napkin I can definitely make the little flecks of metal shimmer like a disco ball when I moved the light around it reflects back. later I doubled checked with a clean unused napkin to make sure the napkin didn't come like that and I did not see it.
Yeah they sparkle when I move the light source, uploaded 3 pics to try and capture it to show

lokiki,

Pablopicasso

This is the reply of vaposhop europe to my replacement request for my chambers...no comment

Hi Massimo,

Thanks for your message and your kind words.
You can be assured, you can use the Crafty and the Hybrid perfectly safely. The new chambers that Storz & Bickel are developing are an improvement, but it is not necessary to replace the old chambers. Also, the reducer chamber can be used as you are used to. I renommend to clean the device after use, but you write in your message that already do so.
I hope I have answered your questions, please let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
Franca
VapoShop - Europe’s #1 Vaporizer Store
Facebook / Instagram / Twitter
+31 (0)20 4889886

Massimo
Send to vaposhop the pics under microscope end ask them honestly what they think.
Can't believe how some is no caring about their responsibilities! On the long run state is safe to use and push customer to don't worry and actually there is a potential danger will just get back to them but harder that just be honest and fixit

@david8613

thinkI been lucky they want to check my Volcano and probably I was the first one in Spain to complain.
Probably they are taking one of each country and check what is going on.
When emailed S&B a caidly state that I was aware of the potencial Risk and until insured that was safe not using it.
My hybrid was from a shop in Madrid but I emailed and deal directly with S&B,the guy who works in the shop is a friend of mine and just told him to be aware of the situation because petentialy could be problematic in near future
Anyway all of this couldn't be happening if s&b did homework well before sell it...of course the didn't!

Last edited:

lokiki

I will try to make some more pictures with a better microscope tomorrow, better magnification and different options to use the light aswell.

going to use the hybrid a few times today and will see if it comes up again, and in what quantities.. cleaned it very well now and am curious as to what it will produce.

using a pretty old bag so i figure if there is any metaldust in the balloon it'll stick to the sides since it's like glue inside at this point..

edit: really wondering if this dust issue will also come up with the new (loose?) ring inlay and chamber

lokiki,

Pablopicasso

I will try to make some more pictures with a better microscope tomorrow, better magnification and different options to use the light aswell.

going to use the hybrid a few times today and will see if it comes up again, and in what quantities.. cleaned it very well now and am curious as to what it will produce.

using a pretty old bag so i figure if there is any metaldust in the balloon it'll stick to the sides since it's like glue inside at this point..

edit: really wondering if this dust issue will also come up with the new (loose?) ring inlay and chamber

I would like to thank you to take time and effort to get more light on this.
You making great service to this community.

Just received notification that my hybrid that I sent 07.01.2020 as be recived today 14.01.2020 in Germany at S&B headquarter.
No worried of the money that I spent to send back wich was due to me.
Now waiting for a refund

Last edited:

lordfurd

Has anyone posted this:

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxfaqs/tf.asp?id=190&tid=34

How might I be exposed to aluminum?
  • Virtually all food, water, air, and soil contain some aluminum.
  • The average adult in the U.S. eats about 7-9 mg aluminum per day in their food.

How can aluminum affect my health?
Only very small amounts of aluminum that you may inhale, ingest, or have skin contact with will enter the bloodstream.

Exposure to aluminum is usually not harmful, but exposure to high levels can affect your health.

Not only do we not know that the aluminium "dust" (if that is even the correct term for it) is even entering the air stream but it seems to me that the amount would be so miniscule that it would be negligible alongside every day exposure.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just my personal opinion is that the whole thing is way overblown (and people are entitled to be if they feel that way).

I'll probably continue to use the aluminium chamber even when the SS one arrives, I'll post back in years to come if FC is still around if my lungs have collapsed or not (if my brain isn't too damaged from exposure).

Last edited:
Top Bottom