Volcano Hybrid

Pablopicasso

You are wrong, the hybrid replaces the digital: https://www.vapormed.com/de/volcano-medic-2?___store=eu_vapormed_de
And when there are devices that are as good as the hybrid...good for you! Sell your hybrid,buy one of the other brands and be happy with it brother! Life is too short!
Can't sell my hybrid because is in S&B hands
If you read posts you will see that they promes me a refund but dindnt and also sending me A USPS tracking number against my will.
My ligal advisor said if USPS are delivering to me to just refuse it.
I repit volcano hybrid doesn't have medical certication but volcano medic 2 have ...they looking the same but one have certificate the other one hasn't.
Not difficult to understand

Pablopicasso,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

david8613

Sorry to say but I think here is more bashing than constructive criticism! I understand people who paid much money on this unit and aren’t satisfied at the moment but...

I Know more people who don’t have issues with the hybrid than the other way round! Myself I have no melting plastic and also only a little bit of black residue on the Heat Ring after 3-5 Sessions! I personally know 5 friends owning the Hybrid and no problems at all!

We all here don’t know how big this problem is or how many units are defective! The only one who knows is....right S&B! Only they know why they don’t call every unit back!!
If there would be a potential health risk they would call every unit back that’s what I believe! They are the only company with certified medical devices!
I don’t think that they are risking to lose this opportunity!
There are some unsatisfied customers now (of course they are right to be mad with their situation) but as I know this company for over 10 years now I still believe I will be a satisfied owner of the hybrid in the near future! I don’t want my money back I wanna have a perfect Hybrid! Now I have a good one with little things to improve but after my experiences with S&B I am sure to have a perfect hybrid soon! Sorry to the owners with bad units but I have a good one! Try to get your money back or send them your unit and you will get a better one back until your unit works perfectly fine! But as I said in every of my statements, be patient and they will bring the hybrid to perfection as fast as they can as they did with their Volcano Classic in the past!
Vape on!

I wasn't going to reply but I have to. because you know of 6 hybrids working fine including yours does not mean there is not a problem, there is a problem. as big as storz and bickle is they should have RMA all of the devices that showed problems immediately. they should not have secretly changed the cleaning instructions behind closed doors. they should have made a public statement very big and bold saying there is a problem and they are addressing it, and while they are handling it please use the new cleaning instructions. they did not do that. all the email response I got from them which took over a month to receive were vague, with no real answers, and no option was offered for a refund. now they are offering refunds, I think they are know making these changes because of the out cry for real answers is overwhelming them. Storz handled this situation completely wrong, I totally understand everyone who is upset, we are rightfully so, and if your hybrid is working good, more power to you vape on!!!!

@Baron23 not gnashing teeth, I was hybrid owner and loved my machine but i am very disappointed how storz is handling this situation. I will put all my money on it, when storz quietly comes out with a hybrid 2.0 many will be gnashing there teeth then. storz has a chance to right the ship, and so far in my opinion they are not doing it, they need a new captain.

Last edited:

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
sorry but this is BS

and that 5 people that you know are satisfied has nothing to do with the issues.

Haters gonna hate!
I said I can understand every single unsatisfied customer! But there will be a solution to the problems! If you are not patient enough...I can understand too! But then get your money back (or even a new Hybrid) or get another vaporizer! It won’t get better if you say every single day that you aren’t satisfied with your unit! We have to wait! After 10years with the best vapes (S&B)I ever owned I will not give up on them because they made one mistake! Sorry bro,my device works well! I’ve got the feeling I have to say it again and again! There are many units out there which doesn’t have problems!

lokiki

So, this in German and is an image uploaded so can't copy/paste into a translator.

Anybody care to tell me what the hell this says exactly?

Thanks in advance for any language help here :-)

Why? You no longer own one so....?

And, are you aware that the heater in ALL Volcanoes are surrounded by a BIG ASS aluminum heat sink?

So, if the SS ring snaps into place over the AL ring (which I don't know is true at all) then there is no AL surface to surface contact to abrade and the SS would contain the thin coat of AL oxide that begins to be generated within seconds after effective cleaning (and no, not a qtip) by some accounts.

I don't mean to be rude, I just don't get why you keep gnashing your teeth over shadows that have not yet become clear but perhaps I misunderstand.

literally what I said.. nothing more.

Here u go if u want to translate urself

danke für Ihre Email.

Es wird ein Edelstahlring auf den Heizblock aufgebraucht und fixiert. Des Weiteren wird der Füllkammereinsatz aus Edelstahl gefertigt sein.

Wir konnten in unseren Tests keinen Abrieb feststellen.

Besitzen Sie die geschmolzene Füllkammer noch?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,

Technical Service

Pablopicasso

Haters gonna hate!
I said I can understand every single unsatisfied customer! But there will be a solution to the problems! If you are not patient enough...I can understand too! But then get your money back (or even a new Hybrid) or get another vaporizer! It won’t get better if you say every single day that you aren’t satisfied with your unit! We have to wait! After 10years with the best vapes (S&B)I ever owned I will not give up on them because they made one mistake! Sorry bro,my device works well! I’ve got the feeling I have to say it again and again! There are many units out there which doesn’t have problems!

We have just different points of prospective and you are in title to have your and I have mine opinion.
I don't want have the right to have the truee and not the point of a forum.....I just want to give my experience and point of view.
Now you hate the haiters!!
Sorry about molesting you

Baron23

literally what I said.. nothing more.

Here u go if u want to translate urself

danke für Ihre Email.

Es wird ein Edelstahlring auf den Heizblock aufgebraucht und fixiert. Des Weiteren wird der Füllkammereinsatz aus Edelstahl gefertigt sein.

Wir konnten in unseren Tests keinen Abrieb feststellen.

Besitzen Sie die geschmolzene Füllkammer noch?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,

Technical Service
Thank you so very much!

...so, literal translation of key part is:

"A stainless steel ring is used on the heating block and fixed"

So, we don't know if its a remove and replace for AL heater ring or perm way to fix the SS ring onto the AL heater ring.

As long as its not just a loose ring sitting on there, and as long as this is going to be the config of production going forward and not just a quick band-aid for those of us owning an earlier model, then I will be satisfied.

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
We have just different points of prospective and you are in title to have your and I have mine opinion.
I don't want have the right to have the truee and not the point of a forum.....I just want to give my experience and point of you .
Now you hate the haiters!!
Sorry about molesting you

We both and every single user here and out there wants the same: a perfect and safe vaporizer! I think we will get it! And I am really sorry for the people who have defective parts or units! :peace: Vape on!

lokiki

Thank you so very much!

...so, literal translation of key part is:

"A stainless steel ring is used on the heating block and fixed"

So, we don't know if its a remove and replace for AL heater ring or perm way to fix the SS ring onto the AL heater ring.

As long as its not just a loose ring sitting on there, and as long as this is going to be the config of production going forward and not just a quick band-aid for those of us owning an earlier model, then I will be satisfied.
You're welcome
Same here, as long as my chamber doesn't melt again.

BdC!

I couldn't agree more with both your points. As for being the same config as production, it would be unfair for existing owners to suddenly have the 'old' rev 1 that would not have the proper solution to the Al dust or even if it only meant that the heating ring clearance to the attached heating chamber or housing would not be the same with newer production units. Unfortunately I bought a heating chamber reducer on the 2nd of Jan but haven't opened it yet as I don't know if it will also need to be changed to SS or made to account for the SS insert thickness (though I'm not sure it isn't already made of SS).

The only thing I'm sure of is S&B are not communicating very well with their users. I shouldn't be too worried though, I've been using their products for over 5 years (bought 2x Crafty (one just before the crafty+ came out by a week), 4x Mighty (one to give as a gift) and now the Volcano Hybrid). When there were issues with the original crafty not connecting Bluetooth properly and no firmware upgrade possibilities, they did end up RMAing my unit and replacing it with a brand new one, but I paid for the shipping to them and had to get a Mighty to hold me out. They were generous offering some spare parts and a charging bank as gifts which was really nice. But I had to ask and they told me to RMA it and couldn't really tell me what they would do until they got it. They were less convincing for battery upgrades I asked for my first and second Mighty units and always come up with you should send us your unit and we'll give you a 75$ discount on a new one, but for Canadians those offers suck, the return postage, the customs and brokerage fees end up making this more expensive than getting a new unit in particular during a sale. They also hint at getting a volcano for daily home use, but I wanted the whip option and didn't think bag would be my thing because with the Arizer Extreme Q I started with I didn't like bags. Boy was I wrong about bags not being interesting on the Volcano.

I'm really hoping the SS chamber and insert is the same as the production level fix, that would be the best solution for all involved: original, recent and future buyers of the hybrid and the easiest to retrofit into the production line for S&B.

BTW about those comments about the Volcano Medic 2 being different: It's the exact same price as the normal model, the difference to my eye is the label, the mouthpiece adapters are included and since only S&B seem to be selling this variant, I guess you're automatically registered as a product owner and will be warned if issues are found.

Pablopicasso

I couldn't agree more with both your points. As for being the same config as production, it would be unfair for existing owners to suddenly have the 'old' rev 1 that would not have the proper solution to the Al dust or even if it only meant that the heating ring clearance to the attached heating chamber or housing would not be the same with newer production units. Unfortunately I bought a heating chamber reducer on the 2nd of Jan but haven't opened it yet as I don't know if it will also need to be changed to SS or made to account for the SS insert thickness (though I'm not sure it isn't already made of SS).

The only thing I'm sure of is S&B are not communicating very well with their users. I shouldn't be too worried though, I've been using their products for over 5 years (bought 2x Crafty (one just before the crafty+ came out by a week), 4x Mighty (one to give as a gift) and now the Volcano Hybrid). When there were issues with the original crafty not connecting Bluetooth properly and no firmware upgrade possibilities, they did end up RMAing my unit and replacing it with a brand new one, but I paid for the shipping to them and had to get a Mighty to hold me out. They were generous offering some spare parts and a charging bank as gifts which was really nice. But I had to ask and they told me to RMA it and couldn't really tell me what they would do until they got it. They were less convincing for battery upgrades I asked for my first and second Mighty units and always come up with you should send us your unit and we'll give you a 75$ discount on a new one, but for Canadians those offers suck, the return postage, the customs and brokerage fees end up making this more expensive than getting a new unit in particular during a sale. They also hint at getting a volcano for daily home use, but I wanted the whip option and didn't think bag would be my thing because with the Arizer Extreme Q I started with I didn't like bags. Boy was I wrong about bags not being interesting on the Volcano.

I'm really hoping the SS chamber and insert is the same as the production level fix, that would be the best solution for all involved: original, recent and future buyers of the hybrid and the easiest to retrofit into the production line for S&B.

BTW about those comments about the Volcano Medic 2 being different: It's the exact same price as the normal model, the difference to my eye is the label, the mouthpiece adapters are included and since only S&B seem to be selling this variant, I guess you're automatically registered as a product owner and will be warned if issues are found.
What I heard is that the medic 2 have a Valve that doesn't permit to vapoR to escape from the bottom, it's because for be a medical device it have te be like that.
The volcano hybrid doesn't and that why when you do super bags vapor escape from bottom.
Not sure 100%

Edit:
Now that I'm thinking it I remember that it was
a matter that if you are a patient that could benefit of some sort of discount or something like that you could with a medical divice that's why they have 2 different lable but same product

Last edited:
Pablopicasso,

Baron23

What I heard is that the medic 2 have a Valve that doesn't permit to vapoR to escape from the bottom, it's because for be a medical device it have te be like that.
The volcano hybrid doesn't and that why when you do super bags vapor escape from bottom.
Not sure 100%

Edit:
Now that I'm thinking it I remember that it was
a matter that if you are a patient that could benefit of some sort of discount or something like that you could with a medical divice that's why they have 2 different lable but same product
I thought it was so med insurance would cover it and/or you could possibly write it off your taxes as a med cost.
Not in USA, of course (sigh), but EU

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
I thought it was so med insurance would cover it and/or you could possibly write it off your taxes as a med cost.
Not in USA, of course (sigh), but EU
Exactly! It is only a different Name because of the health insurance. The vaporizer is the same! I talked 3or4 years ago to an S&B person on the phone about the differences between the volcano digit and the volcano medic...only different names!

wizzbang

Pretty upset they never responded to my original support email considering I had some of the worst charring. And it doesn't look like they are being as transparent as they should with this band aid fix. I honestly don't see how this new steel insert is going to help one bit and I think I should get a refund for all the housing chambers I purchased.

Mixio

TheVaporOne
i have no problems with the chambers, just a little dust the first time, but pass a qtip every morning and everything is ok.
since I tried the hybrid I put all the vaporizers aside, it's too good and worth the wait. killed my vas and it won't be a mistake to wait for everything to be fixed!
probably because never had many problems they are not ready to handle many requests.
in my experience every vaporizer can be dangerous, this company has been a leader for many years... everyone happens to be wrong.
I want the hybrid, I need it, it's the only beast I know, when my friends try it after the first HIT they run away :lol::rofl:

WakeVape&Bake

i have no problems with the chambers, just a little dust the first time, but pass a qtip every morning and everything is ok.
since I tried the hybrid I put all the vaporizers aside, it's too good and worth the wait. killed my vas and it won't be a mistake to wait for everything to be fixed!
probably because never had many problems they are not ready to handle many requests.
in my experience every vaporizer can be dangerous, this company has been a leader for many years... everyone happens to be wrong.
I want the hybrid, I need it, it's the only beast I know, when my friends try it after the first HIT they run away :lol::rofl:

"every vaporizer can be dangerous"

that is not the problem at all.

"everyone happens to be wrong"

yeah...no. not when selling premium devices.

sounds rather naive, but have fun with your Hybrid. as i´ve said, many people doesn´t care about this at all and this post is the confirmation of it

so S & B made the right call to try it this way. they just know they have their loyal fanbase that eats everything up...

lordfurd

Are you me? My friends are well aware of the power of the bag, it now takes a little convincing that I've not made them too strong before they'll partake after destroying them previously :rofl:

lokiki

Are you me? My friends are well aware of the power of the bag, it now takes a little convincing that I've not made them too strong before they'll partake after destroying them previously :rofl:
Haha same here,
BUT for 600 dollars I think it should've been a good device instantly, and not have these issues. could've been 200 dollar and give problems, then for me it'd be a different story..
But for this price it should've included extensive testing and not make us beta testers

Pablopicasso

At least they don’t pull a VapeXhale and file for bankruptcy, void all warranties, and reform company all in the same day.

At least it doesn’t have a fiberglass air path like the herbalizer.

This isn’t the first big vape release with issues.

The fact that some one made it wrong in the past doesn't justify S&B to rush a product that it wasn't Thought-out enough expecialy when the should provide medical standards and right now not supporting and being clear enough to customers.
Looks like my flatmate that doesn't care about rubbish collection and when you asking him why he answer that Chinese do wrost whit rubbish and in Spain in going far better..... pointing fingers in other direction does not solve the problem.
I understand that you love S&B and that you don't like we criticize them but trust me is appening for the best and get a good product from beginning ....so don't be offended!

From all of this I learned:no more buy a vape at Early stages just because I trust the brand...from future will wait and see before buy again

Last edited:

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
I got a personal answer of S&B. It says that they care about my problems and that I will get a reducer for free too. Sent them a foto of my reducer to confirm I have one! But it also says that I can use the old reducer with the new insertion ring. Also they are working on a solution. They asked me for patience and that I get information when the improved version is out!
When this time comes I will rma my Hybrid and will get a new one. My experience with the Crafty was the same!

Last edited:

Mixio

TheVaporOne
perhaps I have not been clear friend or I probably do not write well in English ... I do not eat anything at all, I repeat that I have no problem with my hybrid and that every morning I pass the qtip and I always find it clean. I have enough experience to say that this is the best vaporizer I have tried and it is worth waiting for the error correction ... I am happy to have found the definitive vaporizer, good search for the next vaporizer, I think you will still spend a lot of your money, but please respect those who don't think like you ... peace and love

"every vaporizer can be dangerous"

that is not the problem at all.

"everyone happens to be wrong"

yeah...no. not when selling premium devices.

sounds rather naive, but have fun with your Hybrid. as i´ve said, many people doesn´t care about this at all and this post is the confirmation of it

so S & B made the right call to try it this way. they just know they have their loyal fanbase that eats everything up...

Vapenayshyall

I got a personal answer of S&B. It says that they care about my problems and that I will get a reducer for free too. Sent them a foto of my reducer to confirm I have one! But it also says that I can use the old reducer with the new insertion ring. Also they are working on a solution. They asked me for patience and that I get information when the improved version is out!
When this time comes I will rma my Hybrid and will get a new one. My experience with the Crafty was the same!
So they are making an updated reducer?

Top Bottom