Volcano Hybrid

WakeVape&Bake

Not missing your point, just sharing how I feel about this.
I have no preconceived ideas about vaporizers being tested for safety but I guess some people might.

I don’t think the Sticky Brick is a good example but since you mentioned it I’m glad it works for you but for me it doesn’t. I felt like I breathed a lot of butane when I’ve used it but who knows, that would have to be tested. I have one but don’t use it because of this.

I could mention a bunch of other vaporizers I own & have owned & list my safety concerns about them but I think you may have missed my point.

Oh fuck what was my point?

Happy New Year anyway dude.

Thx, also a happy new year for you, hopefully the concerns regarding the Hybrid will be cleared in the coming weeks and S & B has something in the works for us Hybrid owners.

david8613

NOPE!!! SORRY! I'm not using it! Its obvious they messed up on the housing material used, they should have used the best material available which they did not, we paid top dollar for the hybrid. now this situation of dust build up/metal flakes in the vapor path. Who knows what else might be wrong or what other undiserable materials were used inside the heater or vapor path. Did any one ever do a full break down of the hybrid? I would love to see that. At this point I just want my money back. I dont appreciate S&B fooling around with my health like this. I had every vaporizer S&B made except the crafty. Spent alot of money with S&B, I was extremely happy with there devices until now. I cant wait to hear there statement and solution.

Where the heck is the vapecritic in all this???

WakeVape&Bake

the only solution without any major device redesign would be an all metal screw on adapter that sits onto the Hybrid imo. something like a thin "middle man" between the two aluminium rings.

don´t know how practicable that would be though. and it doesn´t change anything about the melting issues..

other solution would be a recall and a major redesign

WakeVape&Bake,
Reactions: david8613

WakeVape&Bake

Actually, he was quite critical when he did his unboxing on his live stream. He also posted a review of it and expressed his views on it. I'm not entirely certain he still has it or if he sold it on.

i think he sold his Hybrid in the meantime. in the end he was the only person who was very critical of the device from the beginning.

yung fuggingson

Put a load of G13 through my OG brick last night and now I don't give a fuck about this product, just want my skrilla back.
Forgot how good the bricks are.

That's my new official addendum anyway.

WakeVape&Bake

Put a load of G13 through my OG brick last night and now I don't give a fuck about this product, just want my skrilla back.
Forgot how good the bricks are.

That's my new official addendum anyway.

lol, same here, rocking the OG and couldn´t be happier.

at this point i also just would like my Hybrid money back if i am honest.

just wanted to say that i wish all FC users a great new year 2020! :rockon:

don´t forget that you experience a year called 2020 only once in a lifetime, make the best of it, stay healthy, live your dreams and vape on :tup::leaf::)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vape_Or_Die420

Would it be possible for S&B to make a whip attachment that would fit on the classic volcano?

Does the hybrid have some kind of assist for vaping out of the whip, eliminating draw resistance, or is it just free flowing air as you breath in?

Vape_Or_Die420

That's what i figured but it doesn't seem like it is very popular to do. Why does the hybrid version work better? Seems much more popular to use the hybrid with the whip.

Vape_Or_Die420,

Vape_Or_Die420

I think the additional conduction heating is what makes the whip work better on the Hybrid.
I would figure the conduction would be fairly similar since the chamber is made of like materials and they both would be sitting on the heater for same amount of time. Although im sure the easy valve with the whip on the classic is prone to fall off.

It would be cool if somebody came out with a whip that worked on a classic comparable to the hybrid setup. Then i would never be tempted to get a plenty or hybrid.

Nolan Kinshella

I would figure the conduction would be fairly similar since the chamber is made of like materials and they both would be sitting on the heater for same amount of time. Although im sure the easy valve with the whip on the classic is prone to fall off.

It would be cool if somebody came out with a whip that worked on a classic comparable to the hybrid setup. Then i would never be tempted to get a plenty or hybrid.

The Classic, and Digit are convection only, there is a heat element added to the Hybrid that the chamber mates to adding real conduction heat, not just warm from the air pump. Though, now this is the part causing honest concern among the users of the device, due to aluminum oxide dust.

Vape_Or_Die420

The Classic, and Digit are convection only, there is a heat element added to the Hybrid that the chamber mates to adding real conduction heat, not just warm from the air pump. Though, now this is the part causing honest concern among the users of the device, due to aluminum oxide dust.
Ok i did not realize that was a conduction heater. Very nice!

With higher quality materials and a tweak to the chamber design, this thing would be a killer unit! I am confident that S&B will get this issue sorted out. Sucks for early adopters in the meantime. Brave soldiers, your service is appreciated!

blackstone

They did that! Looks cool actually.
8-23-19_valcano_whip_black-4__15041.1566841509.500.750.jpg

8-23-19_valcano_whip-3__62004.1566841491.jpg

Maybe the company borrowed this great idea off Elev8 when they saw this kit!
https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/storz-bickel-volcano-vaporizer-easy-valve-whip-adapter-by-elev8/
It will be convection only though.
They also did a lovely looking all glass valve system for the Volcano.

Happy new year everyone hope you hear good news on the Hybrid units soon!

Nolan Kinshella

snamuh

ghost
there is no strange thing happening to this vaporizer, it is just downright questionable to use it at all...besides that it is no excuse for the Hybrid situation that there are strange things happening to most of the vaporizers. i can also tell you that for example the Sticky Brick has no strange things happen, it just works.

and why should you be annoyed when they redesign it and it doesn´t hit as hard, just keep your device and vape on with it, should be no change for you then.

i think some people are missing the point, they threw a device on the market which just isn´t up to the task. if people are fine using the device as it is, they can just use it and be happy with it.

they literally took over decade to release a successor to the Digit...i think everyone thought that this thing was tested to the maximum.

I don't so how anyone can justify the hybrid with these issues.

This is incredible. Both the people that are fine with this and the company.

I will never be purchasing product from them again.

This is worse than the ff2.

Trying to get a refund in.

This is kind of mind-blowing.

And mine isn't even as bad as others I've seen.

Last edited:

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
Would it be possible for S&B to make a whip attachment that would fit on the classic volcano?

Does the hybrid have some kind of assist for vaping out of the whip, eliminating draw resistance, or is it just free flowing air as you breath in?
The Hybrid has a different airpath design. From what I understand, when you use a whip with the classic/digital you're pulling air through the pump.

On the Hybrid, when you use the whip, the valve switches so that the pump is bypassed (better airflow).

It's in the S&B demo video from ~0:43 to ~1:16

MakeVio

I don't so how anyone can justify the hybrid with these issues.

This is incredible. Both the people that are fine with this and the company.

I will never be purchasing product from them again.

This is worse than the ff2.

Trying to get a refund in.

This is kind of mind-blowing.

And mine isn't even as bad as others I've seen.

What is ff2? Firefly?

MakeVio,
Reactions: snamuh

snamuh

ghost
Yes to answer your question. More of an on demand vape.

The Hybrid has a different airpath design. From what I understand, when you use a whip with the classic/digital you're pulling air through the pump.

On the Hybrid, when you use the whip, the valve switches so that the pump is bypassed (better airflow).

It's in the S&B demo video from ~0:43 to ~1:16

This must be why I only smelled the plastic with the fan pump on.

snamuh,
Top Bottom