Volcano Hybrid

ChooChooCharlie

I've ridden in the whip rodeo before, and that rodeo gets stinky. Change it, dump old one in recycling bin. $15 for 10 feet on amazon. It also feels a bit odd to touch, and silicone is a lint magnet, so got a camelback sleeve

High temp NSF51 silicone tubing, 3/8inch inner diam, 1/2inch outer diam, 10 feet length:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FOWGGW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_BptiDb4E8ZG7Y

Hybrid-Tube-and-sleeve.jpg

ChooChooCharlie

@elmomuzz - since the ezvalve bags they included fit, the orange hose adapter should fit on older models

But, according to S&B Support FAQ page, there are two problems trying this:

1) Hybrid chamber "screws" down to hold it in place, similar to the Plenty. I fear the tube stress on an older volcano would pull chamber off?

2) They apparently tried it themselves, and were disappointed with the vapor. That's why they designed in increased conduction heating, and beefed up the efficiency of heat exchanger via double helix

Note: I don't own an older volcano, and I'm spitting back what I read on S&B site, like a dutiful minion

The camelbak tube cover in pic above was a bitch to get on. Ordered a hookah hose cover to see if that's easier, washable too, for the stank

Stoneager

In the Shadows
Is this overkill for just my wife & I? Do you ever use the bag for two peeps instead of a crowd, and if so, is it just a novelty enticement which loses its bling after a while?
We use an E-nano, Mighty and the quick and easy "One" on a regular basis. I have also projected other purchases as they become available.
How do you use or plan to use this aside from a group setting or totally social?

Baron23

@ChooChooCharlie - hey mate, you made any progress on the dead hybrid? Found the problem or is it still a brick. And from decades in high manf industries, I agree completely....infant mortality on electronics is a common failure point. If they make it through that, then they tend to keep on working with incidents of failure ramping slowly with age. Factory burn-in processes help eliminate them but it still happens, especially upon turning it on and maybe having a bit of an in-rush current spike.

But, WTF know...maybe it is the detachable plug or some other unrelated fault. Certainly, I would expect a bit of a higher defect rate on initial production that you would see with some experience and implementation of corrective actions to parts or procedure as early failures are analyzed.

By the by, got the chillum and LOVE it. Can't thank you enough and I still have no idea why I deserved this gift, but thank you all the same. :tup::rockon::clap::cheers:

@Trypsy Summers - don't know who Eagle Bill is but I think Evert here was def at the forefront of early vapes! haha I love this picture. To me, its the epitome of the mad scientist with his new invention

OG-Verdamper.jpg

Oh, forgot...personally, I applaud the change to hybrid heating. I personally think its the tits for vapes as the conduction component takes out a lot of the finickiness of full convection vapes....particularly, in portables. I like hybrid and most often use a liquid pad to top my Mighty loads with as it adds a bit more conduction to the top and the AVB comes out very even brown.

Cheers

PS - wow I just reread my post. Bit pompous. Apologies.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Thanks for asking, @Baron23 , Figured magical thinking might help, so tried it again today, using two different surge suppressors and outlets. Nothing. It's quite dead, like that parrot in the Python sketch (HL acts like Palin, the pet store owner). Saw the RMA button hidden in FAQ, opened ticket. Any bets on whether they will email me a prepaid return label? Glad you like that TiChillum -- you know you have a good hopper when that chillum is hot to touch after a long hit

Kinda funny, it broke before I could try a bag. Only tried one at Vito's, followed by DBV and Herbie hits. Herbie air assist similar to same on Hybrid, should be great for patients with limited lung function. Good for me that S&B doesn't bother with forums like FC -- they would see my irreverent picture posts and comments. Me asking for a speedy repair would be as risky as sending back a plate and bitching at the waiter. (my marketing meme "you can suck it" posted here appears on google image search for Volcano Hybrid -- oops, those pesky google bots)

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Thanks for asking, @Baron23 , Figured magical thinking might help, so tried it again today, using two different surge suppressors and outlets. Nothing. It's quite dead, like that parrot in the Python sketch (HL acts like Palin, the pet store owner). Saw the RMA button hidden in FAQ, opened ticket. Any bets on whether they will email me a prepaid return label? Glad you like that TiChillum -- you know you have a good hopper when that chillum is hot to touch after a long hit

Kinda funny, it broke before I could try a bag. Only tried one at Vito's, followed by DBV and Herbie hits. Herbie air assist similar to same on Hybrid, should be great for patients with limited lung function. Good for me that S&B doesn't bother with forums like FC -- they would see my irreverent picture posts and comments. Me asking for a speedy repair would be as risky as sending back a plate and bitching at the waiter. (my marketing meme "you can suck it" posted here appears on google image search for Volcano Hybrid -- oops, those pesky google bots)

I do not have the new volcano. When I bought my digital it was dead out of the box. I contacted S&B and they checked my serial number and sent me a return label. If I remember correctly I got back the machine within 2 weeks. The problem was the screen and electronics that go with it. The tech called and told me the issue. They replaced all the necessary parts and it has worked fine since that one problem.
Stop worrying... ;)

Trypsy Summers

@ChooChooCharlie - hey mate, you made any progress on the dead hybrid? Found the problem or is it still a brick. And from decades in high manf industries, I agree completely....infant mortality on electronics is a common failure point. If they make it through that, then they tend to keep on working with incidents of failure ramping slowly with age. Factory burn-in processes help eliminate them but it still happens, especially upon turning it on and maybe having a bit of an in-rush current spike.

But, WTF know...maybe it is the detachable plug or some other unrelated fault. Certainly, I would expect a bit of a higher defect rate on initial production that you would see with some experience and implementation of corrective actions to parts or procedure as early failures are analyzed.

By the by, got the chillum and LOVE it. Can't thank you enough and I still have no idea why I deserved this gift, but thank you all the same. :tup::rockon::clap::cheers:

@Trypsy Summers - don't know who Eagle Bill is but I think Evert here was def at the forefront of early vapes! haha I love this picture. To me, its the epitome of the mad scientist with his new invention

OG-Verdamper.jpg

Oh, forgot...personally, I applaud the change to hybrid heating. I personally think its the tits for vapes as the conduction component takes out a lot of the finickiness of full convection vapes....particularly, in portables. I like hybrid and most often use a liquid pad to top my Mighty loads with as it adds a bit more conduction to the top and the AVB comes out very even brown.

Cheers

PS - wow I just reread my post. Bit pompous. Apologies.
Yeah, he probably got the idea from Eagle Bill, a proper titan alongside, Nicola Tesla and Osbourne Ruddock aka King Tubby, :rockon::rockon::tup:

Trypsy Summers

Do you prefer the whip over the bag. Seems like the bag would taste like ashtray really quick. I like the idea of the power whip. Seems very luxurious.

My friend,

Yep, I certainly do; that's the whole point of the Hybrid, it has the pulling power of the 'Plenty' but it still retains the 'Volcano' Bag quality, which for me, is now the back up, although I readily concede that others will prefer the bag over the whip. By the way, unless the bag is really filthy, the bag is actually an excellent way of ingesting Cannabis, but the Whip just gives that it that je nais sais quoi (appeal!)
It kinda has that Bong/Chalice thing going on...imho!:nod:

not saying:suspicious: just saying:peace: without saying:2c:

pure peace:leaf:

Top Bottom