Volcano Classic versus Volcano Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
The warm up time is significantly shorter on the digit as well.

And I'd know because I'm one of the idiots that bought one ha

wake n blake,

pngwyn

Lol funny because someone in this post mentioned the classic warms up faster :rolleyes:

Honestly I think the digital is just a classic with a readout, any differences in performance are probably minute and insignifcant. I have tried both and I can say for 100% sure that I would never be able to tell which bag was vaped by which Volcano.

Personally I do like the overall appearance and function of the Digital volcano, but when I consider that I can buy another half oz of herb for the price of the extra gimmicky features, then the decision is easy.

pngwyn,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
You are correct... there's a youtube video that shows the classic beating out the digi by about a minute maybe. Oh well... it looks cool, and I get an exact readout, which I can tailor to my vaporization method, i.e. cranking up 5-10, 15 degrees. And it looks cool... I know a lot of people that have spent more than an extra hundy on some jeans/purses--"bags"--that look cool and have some elite insignia on it.

My LHS did tell me that the Digit got hotter faster... and someone was at my house the other day and said that their classic took forever to heat up... like they'd turn it on, start playing some wii, and come back to it... perhaps that's just a faulty, or aging, heater.

My halves are a little more expensive, ha. But I get what you're saying... it's the same reason I bought a Ph(x) instead of a Toro... but I still want the Toro ha.

wake n blake,

turtles

pngwyn said:
Lol funny because someone in this post mentioned the classic warms up faster :rolleyes:

Honestly I think the digital is just a classic with a readout, any differences in performance are probably minute and insignifcant. I have tried both and I can say for 100% sure that I would never be able to tell which bag was vaped by which Volcano.

Personally I do like the overall appearance and function of the Digital volcano, but when I consider that I can buy another half oz of herb for the price of the extra gimmicky features, then the decision is easy.
I used the Classic first and then the Digital later both at cali MMJ facilities
I got super stoned both times and the digital did absolutely jack shit for me compared to the analog... not to mention I like analog knobs aesthetically :o

turtles,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
max said:
akwardsauce said:
but i just cant understand the reasoning "if ur gonna spend $500, then u may as well spend the extra $130 for the digi"
I could say that I don't understand the reasoning for paying $539 for a vape that can only fill bags, if I wanted to be argumentative. I'm not a 'cano fan and would never consider buying one. But many like the brand and I'm not going to try and push my point of view on people who like the brand. For those who are willing and able to pay the price of the Classic, I don't see the problem with paying the extra for the Digit, to know you've the best the company offers. If you're having to save and struggle to rasie the $ for the Classic, IMO you should either be looking for a much better price on a used one (they are very reliable, after all), or choosing a much cheaper brand entirely.

and also with a year less of coverage?
You're not up to date here. The Digit's warranty was bumped up to 3 yrs. quite a while back.

i could understand if it was like MAX $60 more...but double that is waaaaaaay too much...
Too much for you. That's pretty clear. But not for everyone. There's a wide range of prices/features on many products. Some choose a budget version. Others want it loaded.

i feel you on that...people are attracted to different things...thats probably why i went with the DBV instead of an SSV - just one of those people.

but part of me thinks that these gimmicks promote such an "elitist" mentality. i totally understand your point about a person justifying it to themselves like "well i guess i got the best that the company can offer"...i think that promotes the idea of having a "better" device than someone (which some people equate to being a better person in some way than someone else) and maybe why so many members of FC really hate volcanos & volcano owners (even though i have not personally come across any snobby comments made by volcano owners, myself). and, really, a digital display is not really a very "advanced technology"...it shouldnt have taken volcano this long to even put that out. but, whatever.

i didnt know that the warranty is the same for both now, though...im glad they did that at least.

anyone know whats really new with the "volcano medical"? i really hope they just didnt add that word to trick uninformed consumers & to drive up the price further...but id hate for this to be a jumping off point for people to talk about how they hate volcano & their business plan, etc - im really tired of that conversation...

akwardsauce,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
The medical is just a new mouthpiece/valve system, which is supposed to remain sterile (to a point, not really sure).

But it's not a new heating unit.

In one of the volcano posts, some guy posted a bunch of pics... it looks strange... he said it now has a bit of drag (with the medic).

wake n blake,

Blood420

I've owned a classic for 4 and a half years and have never had one single problem with it's operation. I haven't timed it, but I'd estimate that it takes around 3-4 minutes to heat up; enough time for me to grind up my herb, get a drink from the kitchen and get comfortable.

A mate of mine bought the digit version last year. I think it looks WAY better than the classic, the display is such a cool looking feature.

Performance wise, there's not much difference. I hear the digit takes slightly longer to heat up? I've never noticed, but then again I've never timed it. They both fill bags with vape and honestly, I wouldn't notice any difference between them. The power cords are around the same length too, just a small bit shorter than what I'd like them to be :lol: I always keep an extension lead in the box, come in really handy.

The warranty is shorter on the digit (?), but that wouldn't bother me. The thing is built like a tank, I've dropped mine more than once and it works today just as great as it did in 2007.

If money wasn't an issue and I was given the chance to just take either one, I'd go for the digit. Not because I think it performs better, just because it looks so cool, so it's more of a "feel good" factor really. The big display makes me feel like I'm more in control over the temp, as opposed to the classic.

But, as somebody said earlier, if you're going to spend that much money on a vaporiser, do the smart thing and buy a classic 'cano and a mflb. That way you're guaranteed vape anytime, anywhere!

At the end of the day, they both do the same thing in the same way, blow hot air through your herb :)

Blood420,

akwardsauce

i agree. i first had the (vaporbuddy, which i threw away) volcano classic, then the mflb, then the DBV.

not to get too off topic, but:

volcano was always great, but it was confusing to vape at home then smoke when i went out with my friends & stuff...

the mflb first impressed me by being able to be used anywhere (i used it on a hot air balloon ride, stuffed in a basket and surrounded by about 12 other people or more). then i got the DBV, which is more hard-hitting, and which i try to use at night when nobody is around.

recently dusted off my mflb (put it away because of the use of my new DBV) & i am re-impressed by how effective it is & SUPER STEALTH.

id say the volcano is a great home unit & the mflb is a great pocket unit. the DBV is nice to have in addition to the volcano because you always got something to hit when youre waiting for the huge bag to get boomeranged back to you from around the room(s)...

i think im set for life as far as vapes go, but i can never say never...actually i need the essential vaaapp or eclipse or something for the oil that i reclaim & havent decided on the oil vape yet, but after that, im set for life i think...i will be fully "off-the-grid" (especially if i start growing...)

vapes are so hard to try because only a few people have them...id like to try a PD, VXLC/cloud or whatever its called with the glass bong tube attached to it (made by stonemonkey55 but forgot the products name), possibly an SSV, iolite, new vaporfection, verdamper or some wand type...

akwardsauce,

SD_haze

akwardsauce said:
vapes are so hard to try because only a few people have them...id like to try a PD, VXLC/cloud or whatever its called with the glass bong tube attached to it (made by stonemonkey55 but forgot the products name), possibly an SSV, iolite, new vaporfection, verdamper or some wand type...

Not sure where you live but there are a few "vapor bars" out there, northern california first comes to mind.

I recently tried a volcano for the first time at a dispensary workshop :D (they have a unit only for in-class use, pretty neat)

SD_haze,

akwardsauce

ya i just left socal actually...but never had my card even when i was in westwood...

akwardsauce,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom