Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

HSIHP

After spending some quality time with my replacement Alternate I must say, this thing just keeps growing on me. I was unfortunate to receive a pretty stinky unit my first try but after the unreal service from Puffitup (shout out to our man, Jake!) my second unit seems just fine. It's been a rocky start for this vape and it brings back memories of other controversial releases like the Pinnacle Pro and one of the DaVincis, but I feel like no other portable has served as many of my desires as this.

Ever since getting my Nano which for the most part cured my VAS I have always been on the lookout for a portable version to replace the Air as my go-to vape for shows, fests and other outings. I like to vape very small amounts at a time, usually temp stepping to get a variety of effects each season. My tolerance is super low so I usually only use two of three Nano bowls on a heave use day. The Alternate seems to fill the perfect role for a portable in my line up!

I pack one scoop using my smidgen spoon and start at 340 for 2 mins, usually 4 or 5 solid hits. I tend to suck this thing hard taking advantage of the almost wide open airflow and it's super comfortable. From there I'll do a session round 355 then one more step wither to 365 or 376. I still get a funky taste whenever I go higher than 380 so I have stayed far away and will do so until I get my new CU.

For the record, I still feel weird using this vape with its origional CU and at this point seeing as they have completely changed the materials in the entire cap I still feel cautions. That said, this thing is so god damn enjoyable that it's hard to leave it. All in all, I can't wait for the new CU to really see what this thing is about and if that does solve the problem for good this thing could be the next MFLB or Pax to the vape world.

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
Reminds me so much of the Crafty with replaceable battery (which i wish the actual crafty had). I havent read about whether its convection or conduction etc but this pic makes me think "Crafty"
alternate_05.1.png

florduh

If I buy an Alternate on PuffItUp today... how would I go about getting the new CU when it is released?

Has Vivant announced the cost yet?

Last edited:
florduh,

HighMtnSkier

Waiting for winter
After reading all 48 pages of this thread, I ordered one of these to replace my recently deceased Da Vinci Ascent and my Crafty that I just RMA'd because the power switch won't switch it on anymore.

Thank goodness I kept an Iolite as an emergency reserve vape.

I'll post back what CU & firmware I receive.

StonerSloth

cui bono?
After a week of testing the Crafternate I am really liking it. Good even heating and it stays really clean (as long as you dump it while hot.) I pretty much have left the airflow fully open since I got it - I get plenty of clouds from this thing and I see no reason to restrict the airflow.

I think the bowl size is a perfect middle ground for a lot of people. It holds 2 or 3 Lotus scoops which is about 0.11 to 0.17 - about a Solo/Air load. This is plenty good for 3 or 4 5-minute sessions while temp-stepping - which is usually just a 15-20 min continuous session and I don't have any heat problems. But I can barely get 2 of these 'sessions' on a single 3000 mAh battery :rofl:

One thing I would like is to be able to change temperatures during a session - @Vivant I know you have your hands full right now and we appreciate you following through with the revised mouthpiece - but we would love a firmware update that allowed you to change temperature in the middle of a session!!! Thanks!

beefsupreme

Is this normal? Last night I used the Alternate and shut it down at 79% battery. I didn't do the 5 clicks off, just let it go into sleep mode (by not touching it after the heater was off). When I go to use it today, the battery is at 30% and turned itself off automatically while heating up saying low power.

Do you have to do the 5-click shutdown on it always? It drains power in sleep mode? I leave all my Boundless devices in sleep mode and they dont drain battery overnight like this. Saves wear and tear on the button too.

Also, any suggestions for 18650 battery sellers in Canada? Seems like I'm going to need to have extras around..

subway13029

I've been using one of these waiting for a chance to hopefully see new mp. Mine has started to deform slightly so I stopped using it as soon as I noticed or maybe I'm just little paranoid but I swear I felt bad then I noticed..Yada Yada paranoia...but I've been sanding the shit outta a ccu and I'm almost there..hopefully it's worth it..

BigJr48

I've been using one of these waiting for a chance to hopefully see new mp. Mine has started to deform slightly so I stopped using it as soon as I noticed or maybe I'm just little paranoid but I swear I felt bad then I noticed..Yada Yada paranoia...but I've been sanding the shit outta a ccu and I'm almost there..hopefully it's worth it..

Contact Vivant, they just released a new mouthpiece or Puffitup to have that mouthpiece replaced.

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
Just as an update, my replacement CU was shipped from PIU yesterday.

Blessed be Jake, as always.

:peace:

Lucky you! They told me weeks out! I'm hoping sooner now. I sure hope if the new units are going out w/ the new caps the faulty cap owners would be up there on the priority list. I actually had to uncross my fingers at this point, there was shit to do...

Baked-not-fried,
Reactions: BigJr48

BaroneBarra

Lucky you! They told me weeks out! I'm hoping sooner now. I sure hope if the new units are going out w/ the new caps the faulty cap owners would be up there on the priority list. I actually had to uncross my fingers at this point, there was shit to do...
Well I guess they didn't know when they would receive the units from Vivant. Now that they have them I can't imagine your shipment is too far away!

mash

Well.... received my mighty CU yesterday...i sanded it down... and clipped the tabs... didnt really take long... seems to fit...

My pet peeve is these damn screens.... why can't they come up with something easier? Do u think I could get the screen back in the mouth piece? I tried everything and it keeps falling out.

No wonder I love my arizer air so much... no fuss... easy to clean.

I tried the extra screens.. etc...

End of rant.... just saying.. you spend this much money on plastic vapes and you have to fight it to put screens in...... guess is too hard to come up with a lid that holds it in :(

Guess im a dummy and I should order a bag of 100 of these crap screens

sorry... but its frustrating... dealing with my health issues and all and I got to fight to put a damn screen in a mouth piece.

dtaxx

My pet peeve is these damn screens.... why can't they come up with something easier? Do u think I could get the screen back in the mouth piece? I tried everything and it keeps falling out.

5A1GmCE.jpg

Take a Arizer bucket screen, pinch the bottom and jam it in there, this way you get the screen rim back and can use pretty much anything you want. I domed mine towards the bowl so that the screen packs your flower a bit, works good!

Razshiro

Yesterday, i've asked if he has the new mouthpiece, look his answer:

"the factory told us they have fixed the problem. But I didn't see the new one, if you want I will ask our warehouse send a photo, ok? could you contact us on Monday, since today is weekend , the warehouse are off work."

wait & see, stay tuned guys !!

Heavengift has the new mouthpiece, he send me a pic:
other_2044672284_00.jpg

Feel free to ask him to send this new Mouthpiece if you bought your Alternate on Dhgate !!

PsySijk

Well.... received my mighty CU yesterday...i sanded it down... and clipped the tabs... didnt really take long... seems to fit...

No wonder I love my arizer air so much... no fuss... easy to clean.

I tried the extra screens.. etc...

End of rant.... just saying.. you spend this much money on plastic vapes and you have to fight it to put screens in...... guess is too hard to come up with a lid that holds it in :(

Guess im a dummy and I should order a bag of 100 of these crap screens

sorry... but its frustrating... dealing with my health issues and all and I got to fight to put a damn screen in a mouth piece.
Damn sorry to hear you're having issues with the mod I didn't sand away the little catching ledge the screen is placed in. You could try a domed Arizer screen or another bucket/domed type screen.

Last edited:

mash

Its all good.....I used a arizer dome screen....and iit all seems good..... :)

Thanks @dtaxx and @PsySijk

Im not sure .......but yeah....I must of sanded off a ledge.....or something....

Anyways....seems good....the might CU are a tight fit...might have to sand a little bit more on the tabs maybe....But did a few sessions and its real nice and its cooler than the original CU ..even tho I havent had any melting on the original.

Looking forward to getting the new CU from @Vivant

And I will try to see if DHGate will ship me a new one of theirs seeing how I purchased one from them too....

@Razshiro .....Is this new CU from DHGate different than the new one from Vivant ?

xlr8shun

Yeah I find its the side tabs rather than the ring that causes fit issues.

yes, i had the same experience.. i actually sanded the edges of those tabs. so they did not protrude off the ring as far. i only had to do a little bit, and i did the same on both sides. if i took 5 strokes of sanding on the left side, i did it to the right side also

gienkollo

Is this normal? Last night I used the Alternate and shut it down at 79% battery. I didn't do the 5 clicks off, just let it go into sleep mode (by not touching it after the heater was off). When I go to use it today, the battery is at 30% and turned itself off automatically while heating up saying low power.

Do you have to do the 5-click shutdown on it always? It drains power in sleep mode? I leave all my Boundless devices in sleep mode and they dont drain battery overnight like this. Saves wear and tear on the button too.

Also, any suggestions for 18650 battery sellers in Canada? Seems like I'm going to need to have extras around..
Hey, i never switch it off, didn't notice any battery consumption in sleep mode.

gienkollo,
Reactions: DarkSm0ke

zombonaut

I seem to lose lots of battery charge in standby and lose a smaller amount when I power off with 5 clicks. I remove the battery when storing if I want to preserve battery life

zombonaut,

beefsupreme

I seem to lose lots of battery charge in standby and lose a smaller amount when I power off with 5 clicks. I remove the battery when storing if I want to preserve battery life

I did another test overnight. I turned off the vape with 75% power (5 clicks) and just now powered it on and only had 50% battery left.

This happens to everyone? It just eats up 25% of battery overnight, even while fully off? (I'm a new owner btw, after getting it for 4/20).

beefsupreme,
Reactions: zombonaut
Top Bottom