Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

gienkollo

I disagree, with mod any concern of materials in my case, almost all vapor path are storz and bickel made plastic, which is proven safe to use i think for all this years.
Only difference is bowl made from aluminum? Vape Critic claim that on video posted today, and what is surprising not melting with his device at all and i saw he had device with 2 sing on top cap.
I agree is worth give a spin when you have alternate and spare CCU, i'm even bought CCU special for this and not regret, this Frankenstein operation gave me great vape overall for this small money.

luke00978

I disagree, with mod any concern of materials in my case, almost all vapor path are storz and bickel made plastic, which is proven safe to use i think for all this years.
Only difference is bowl made from aluminum? Vape Critic claim that on video posted today, and what is surprising not melting with his device at all and i saw he had device with 2 sing on top cap.
I agree is worth give a spin when you have alternate and spare CCU, i'm even bought CCU special for this and not regret, this Frankenstein operation gave me great vape overall for this small money.

i just mean the vape in general, since mine melted i just cant be sure

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Seems that at least one of the instruments was measuring inaccurately, IR temp device or the LED temp sensor.

Where be @KeroZen when you need him? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Hey buddy, I'm sorry I left the thread actually... This melting mouthpiece shit reminded me too much the PNP similar debacle... It's a shame because apparently when it works fine, users seem to enjoy this vape a lot.

As stated in the previous page, IR temp measurements are rather tricky to do properly. A good multimeter with a contact point thermocouple would be better.

Can't help much more as I didn't follow closely, sorry.

HengefulOne

Well got my crafty cu's now to moding, think Im gonna use the rotarty tool. Interestingly after weeks of use my original cu show zero signs of deforming or cracking. I ususally run around 375 fot 2 min. Still gonna swirch over to the crafty top, mainly so I can use the water adapters availible.

narlz

Damn it.
Second CU that came with my order is messing up. I've run it through atleast 10 sessions at max temp throughout last night and this morning and was stoked to see no deformation in the CU, but then I decided to look closer, using a flashlight I inspected the ring where the last CU was deforming and although it wasn't de forming like the last one it is sort of chipping/melting/scratching away. I'm on mobile right now but I can post pictures on request. This isn't looking good guys I trusted vivant during their 4/20 sale to have taken care of the problem but it seems it not the case even with this new CU it seems they've run into a different problem. Seriously considering ordering a crafty CU u til they really fix this problem, sucks though because It'll probably be a couple of weeks due to where im at till I can use this unit again. The worst part is I love this unit!

BaroneBarra

This isn't looking good guys I trusted vivant during their 4/20 sale to have taken care of the problem but it seems it not the case even with this new CU it seems they've run into a different problem.
I'm pretty sure, for what I've read here and on Reddit about people who were in contact with Vivant, that the new CUs are not ready yet. This means that both your cooling units were "old" ones, while the real new CUs (that I believe @ohmygodimsohigh tested) don't seem to have that problem.

Probably they just had a lot of units in stock that would have gone to the bin as soon as the new CUs were out, and so they gave them as a gift with the 4/20 sales. You can judge this behavior as you want, but it doesn't mean that the new CU will not be up to its task.

My advice would be to stop using your Alternate until there's an official solution, or go the Crafternate way if you can't really wait.

ohmygodimsohigh

I'm pretty sure, for what I've read here and on Reddit about people who were in contact with Vivant, that the new CUs are not ready yet. This means that both your cooling units were "old" ones, while the real new CUs (that I believe @ohmygodimsohigh tested) don't seem to have that problem.

Probably they just had a lot of units in stock that would have gone to the bin as soon as the new CUs were out, and so they gave them as a gift with the 4/20 sales. You can judge this behavior as you want, but it doesn't mean that the new CU will not be up to its task.

My advice would be to stop using your Alternate until there's an official solution, or go the Crafternate way if you can't really wait.

Exactly.
They're giving out extra cooling units because they're aware of the problem and the solution isn't ready to announce.

The announcement will be made very soon.

The new cooling unit even has another change that is different enough to delay the Alternate/Crafty comparison video I was working on.

mash

Well I ordered the 3 crafty CU on 420....got a pretty good deal from a Canadian site....so it going to seem like I will have alot of CU's :)

Ive been using the Alternate regularly....every nite....usually 2 3 min sesssions at 380 .....and so far....I havent really noticed any melting....or smells....

I also ordered one from heaven gifts and its been a champ also....no melting or smell...

Will be interesting when the new Alternate CU comes out....

Vitolo

Vaporist
Ive been using the Alternate regularly....every nite....usually 2 3 min sesssions at 380 .....and so far....I havent really noticed any melting....or smells....
Same here.
I have an extra CU from Vivant, but do not want to try it or tempt fate.
I have settled in at 380 and have used the Alternate daily, and my CU is still in great shape.
Still no unusual development.

gienkollo

My dhgate unit still goes strong. original cooling unit (removed the silicon valve tho) and countless sessions on high temp. Recently in daily use because my GH needs service again
Sounds like you got lucky unit, mine melted after couple of days

I did the crafty mod and it is wonderful!

I'm so happy with this mod, it works just perfect, once again @dtaxx thanks for your input, and making it happen.

The new cooling unit even has another change that is different enough to delay the Alternate/Crafty comparison video I was working on.
Should be more like crafty CU i can say from experience, it is so much better designed, even this gap between device and CU it is making device not that hot like with stock CU, i'm curious what @Vivant draw on their blueprints :cool:

gienkollo,
Reactions: DarkSm0ke

OyVape

Been trying to get the Crafty CU to fit with no success. One of the Crafty CU tabs is cracking and the O-ring around the bowl in the vape body is now all off center and I can't seem to get to it to try to fix it. Now do I have to take off the top of the vape to get to it ? there are microscopic Phillips head screws. Sorry no photos as I can't deal with posting images here. :bowdown:

OyVape,

Vivant

Manufacturer
Hello FC Community,

First off I must say I am sorry on a personal level that there has been a gap with communication and all I can ask is for all of your understanding that I just work for the company so I am under strict direction of the company. I want to reassure you all that although we haven't made a public statement yet, I personally am following the thread still and have read every post up until now. Along with reading the posts, I do put together a report back to upper management.

All I can ask of you all at this point is for your patience, the new top caps have been made and are in transit to our facility in Tustin, California. However, it does need to go through one last testing phase when it arrives. At that point, *crossing fingers*, that the potential problems have been solved, we will be ready to release our public statement detailing the possible causes, the fixes and the preventions we have implemented to continue the Alternate's life span in the industry. We will also release the process we have come up with to get users who are experiencing cracking/deformations a new top cap. We will not leave you guys with no resolution, that is not acceptable on behalf of the company. There are many unforeseen valid reasons as to why the company has not made a public statement as of now and all we can ask is for your understanding. I want to reassure you all that the cracking/deformation are isolated incidents and it does not happen with each and every top cap. We are not a company who will point fingers, push the blame or escape from consequences. Vivant is here to stay and we will do all that we can to make sure each and every one of you with our product is happy.

On behalf of the company, we truly thank everyone for their continuous support, advice, suggestions and even the negative. We do take every comment made into mind and consideration.

I will be back shortly once the top caps arrive and go through its final testing phase.

Thank you again,
Emily

mash

I have a dumb question....I see a big ole green silicone ring in the bad of extras.....

What is it for? Its much bigger than any of the silicone rings I can see on the Alternate....

I would also like to modify the screen in the bowl....its a pain to get out with tweezers....would a dome mesh work better and would a airzer air dome work?

Thanks....

mash,

Stinky

Hello FC Community,

First off I must say I am sorry on a personal level that there has been a gap with communication and all I can ask is for all of your understanding that I just work for the company so I am under strict direction of the company. I want to reassure you all that although we haven't made a public statement yet, I personally am following the thread still and have read every post up until now. Along with reading the posts, I do put together a report back to upper management.

All I can ask of you all at this point is for your patience, the new top caps have been made and are in transit to our facility in Tustin, California. However, it does need to go through one last testing phase when it arrives. At that point, *crossing fingers*, that the potential problems have been solved, we will be ready to release our public statement detailing the possible causes, the fixes and the preventions we have implemented to continue the Alternate's life span in the industry. We will also release the process we have come up with to get users who are experiencing cracking/deformations a new top cap. We will not leave you guys with no resolution, that is not acceptable on behalf of the company. There are many unforeseen valid reasons as to why the company has not made a public statement as of now and all we can ask is for your understanding. I want to reassure you all that the cracking/deformation are isolated incidents and it does not happen with each and every top cap. We are not a company who will point fingers, push the blame or escape from consequences. Vivant is here to stay and we will do all that we can to make sure each and every one of you with our product is happy.

On behalf of the company, we truly thank everyone for their continuous support, advice, suggestions and even the negative. We do take every comment made into mind and consideration.

I will be back shortly once the top caps arrive and go through its final testing phase.

Thank you again,
Emily

@Vivant Should the people who have the cooling units that are melting stop using their units until the new replacements arrive as a matter of safety? I assume breathing in the fumes from them is not good.

rekrab

@Vivant Should the people who have the cooling units that are melting stop using their units until the new replacements arrive as a matter of safety? I assume breathing in the fumes from them is not good.
Please answer his question it has been skipped over and over. Are the melting or deforemed mouthpieces a health concern? @Vivant should be a simple yes or no.....

kungfuron

Please answer his question it has been skipped over and over. Are the melting or deforemed mouthpieces a health concern? @Vivant should be a simple yes or no.....

I doubt you'll ever get a definite answer due to liability issues.

Everyone on here should be an adult and can make the decision whether to use this product or not. If you think the Alternate is dangerous, don't use it till the new cap is out or return it and buy something else. If you want to risk it, vape away. Personally, it wasn't worth the risk and I opted to buy a different vape that cost nearly triple.

rekrab

I doubt you'll ever get a definite answer due to liability issues.

Everyone on here should be an adult and can make the decision whether to use this product or not. If you think the Alternate is dangerous, don't use it till the new cap is out or return it and buy something else. If you want to risk it, vape away. Personally, it wasn't worth the risk and I opted to buy a different vape that cost nearly triple.
Regarless. If there is a health concern and these devices are being used for medicine a true company that cares for the well being and safety of their customers would make it know and give a detailed statement. Opinions are opinions

Regarless. If there is a health concern and these devices are being used for medicine a true company that cares for the well being and safety of their customers would make it know and give a detailed statement. Opinions are opinions

My opinion: anyone willing to ask that question with a straight face should keep smoking the melting plastic top. It can only help them, IMHO.

Top Bottom