Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

joint46go

I have buy the alternate and i want avoid to crak the mouthpiece!
It would be curious to know how many minutes you have set your sessions and the temperature used and if you use do more sessions attached type 2x5min to 220c ??

or you have already cleaned the mouthpiece with iso? if you did it when it was hot?
Thanks

joint46go,
Reactions: Vape Dr.
I have buy the alternate and i want avoid to crak the mouthpiece!
It would be curious to know how many minutes you have set your sessions and the temperature used and if you use do more sessions attached type 2x5min to 220c ??

or you have already cleaned the mouthpiece with iso? if you did it when it was hot?
Thanks

I've settled into 3-minute timer sessions, starting at 380, switching to 400, and then 420 to finish the session. I have not cleaned the mouthpiece in ISO

TheDudeNextDoor,
Reactions: CHIDOY

CptDabsOg

since you've been posting some youtube vids, I found this one very interesting and pleasing to watch... :science::luv::ninja:

Informative maybe if I could make it to the end. All I could do was concentrate on every light bulb out on the Christmas lights counted 4 then closed. Pulled the trigger on an alternate thank you to everyone who has put in ther 2¢ it helped with my decision along with Vivants customer service, it seems response seems to be top notch!

xlr8shun

i seem to have settled on 3 min timers, start at 380, then 390, then 400.. at which point i empty and brush clean. been 2-3 days like this and loving it..

however today i noticed, since the temps have dropped in FL (winter storm stella), the cooling unit isnt getting as hot, not producing enough vapor, can barely taste anything.. i had to bump up my temps 20*f just to get back to the "normal" of a few days ago.. pulling in that cooler air seems like it really, really, really takes a toll on the heater.

i havent had a chance to vape inside yet (that'll be tonight at home) but i was wondering if anyone else was having to DRASTICALLY change temps when its cool outside

yesterday temps were H 81*f / L 72*f
today temps were H 66*f / L 61*f

approx 20* drop in temps.. = approx 20* raise in vape?

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
i seem to have settled on 3 min timers, start at 380, then 390, then 400.. at which point i empty and brush clean. been 2-3 days like this and loving it..

however today i noticed, since the temps have dropped in FL (winter storm stella), the cooling unit isnt getting as hot, not producing enough vapor, can barely taste anything.. i had to bump up my temps 20*f just to get back to the "normal" of a few days ago.. pulling in that cooler air seems like it really, really, really takes a toll on the heater.

i havent had a chance to vape inside yet (that'll be tonight at home) but i was wondering if anyone else was having to DRASTICALLY change temps when its cool outside

yesterday temps were H 81*f / L 72*f
today temps were H 66*f / L 61*f

approx 20* drop in temps.. = approx 20* raise in vape?

Hmmmm...I would guess it's more likely a matter of a depleting battery? Did you check the voltage of your battery?

dabselector

I'm pretty sure that the temperature is not important in this case. Some types of plastic crack because of essential oils. in e-liquid Vaping we have a list of tastes that destroy the polycarbonate tanks of atomizers. For example citrus cinnamon pineapple menthol ginger. It's funny when the plastic is destroyed in a few hours even without any touch
So cannabis essential oils contain the limonene terpenes and this destroys some plastic very well

xlr8shun

Hmmmm...I would guess it's more likely a matter of a depleting battery? Did you check the voltage of your battery?

I didn't check voltage of batt.. I didn't have a means to at that moment. However it is worth noting that I am home now and indoors. Everything seems back to normal, 380, 390, 400 - 3 min sessions.. hot cooling unit and back to 'normal' vapor production, taste, etc..

It is also worth noting that I changed to a fresh battery.. only because it was at 28% from previous 2 sessions at work.

So it could have been a battery issue.. i have marked the battery and will be at work tomorrow, outside (with more cool temps) to expiriment again, with different batteries this time. I will checked the marked battery later if need be.

For science! ;)

deadassb

Received my Alternate in the mail today, charging port was very loose and no micro USBs could charge it :/ sending it back to puffitup.com for a replacement

deadassb,
Reactions: PPN

sickmanfraud

Received my Alternate in the mail today, charging port was very loose and no micro USBs could charge it :/ sending it back to puffitup.com for a replacement

Welcome @deadassb . Sorry your first post was about sending a vape back.

Rest assured, the Puffitup team will have the issue sorted out and a working vape in your hands in no time.

BuddingMagic

I didn't check voltage of batt.. I didn't have a means to at that moment. However it is worth noting that I am home now and indoors. Everything seems back to normal, 380, 390, 400 - 3 min sessions.. hot cooling unit and back to 'normal' vapor production, taste, etc..

It is also worth noting that I changed to a fresh battery.. only because it was at 28% from previous 2 sessions at work.

So it could have been a battery issue.. i have marked the battery and will be at work tomorrow, outside (with more cool temps) to expiriment again, with different batteries this time. I will checked the marked battery later if need be.

For science! ;)

Just a tip: everyone with an Alternate has a way to check their battery voltage. Turn the device off, then hold the minus and the power buttons for ~8 seconds and you should see a readout with this information in addition to coil resistance (whatever that means).

xlr8shun

I must have mixed up my batteries somehiw.. was at work again today, colder than yesterday and alternate had no problem keeping up with cold temps..

Weird..

@Vivant is there a way to add a beep when the battery dies? For instance, right now.. unless you're staring at the bottom of your vape, you can't tell your battery died mid session, until you realize you're not getting vapor.

BuddingMagic

@Vivant is there a way to add a beep when the battery dies? For instance, right now.. unless you're staring at the bottom of your vape, you can't tell your battery died mid session, until you realize you're not getting vapor.

^^^ This.

Similarly, perhaps one when it again reaches temperature when the light goes red after a long draw. I know there will be some who say this is too much noise, but setting the vape down and picking it back up only to see 20 seconds remaining can be sad.

herbivore21

Hello @OyVape , yes , we are definitely working very diligently to create a more sturdy device for you guys. I am sorry this is happening and for the inconvenience it has caused you. I'm glad to hear PIU is taking care of you though. Thank you!

Hello @jdent3 , thank you for the advice, I will make sure to forward it to our design team. The current material we are using is as follows: Glass Filled Polycarbonate is used on the exterior of the device, the internals of the device is Ultra High Heat Polyetherimide. However, we are looking into it and will make the necessary changes as we would not want this to keep happening.

Hello @OakAged , thank you so much for your kind words. I am very excited to hear you are willing to give our product a chance. I undoubtedly feel you will feel it is worth it! Please know we are here all the time and will be willing to help in any way we can so feel comfortable with your purchase. Thank you!

Hello @Baron23 , you are absolutely right! Our team is looking into this very extensively but as of right now it seems material has very little to do with it. Thank you for your opinion, we truly appreciate it. Thank you again!
Hey guys, if you are using polycarbonate on the outside, I daresay this is responsible for the cracks. I recall the same material being responsible for cracking mouthpieces on the infamous Pinnacle Pro (which ended up fading into obscurity due to a combination of these issues and terrible customer service). I am glad to see that you guys really make the effort with customer service and so I truly hope you guys can change the material used quickly. I would love to check out one of your units, but I will only use a vape that is made out of materials that do not crack, snap, delaminate, melt or otherwise deform or offgas.

In my understanding, even glass filled polycarbonate materials are generally not recommended for applications beyond ~265f. I do wonder if the heat in that upper section that has been cracking is too much after long/high temp sessions?

By comparison, the PEEK used by S&B is resistant to temps up to 482f.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I think I'll be ordering an Alternate tomorrow. Now I just want to say thanks to all of you here that took so much time to share so much information with the rest of us. You're are all awesome.

Also, thanks to @Vivant for impressing me with your customer service here. My final decision to buy this product (the kind of thing I would normally be more hesitant about, and prefer to wait a while till they have been in use by many customers for a while and are shown to be durable over some time after they are released). If that service continues, including good warranty service, then I'll be a long-time customer.

So, thanks again to everyone here. This'll be my third vape. My first was a MFLB I purchased several months ago. Then I picked up a DBV a couple months ago, and now I think that the Alternate will be a nice addition in my small current collection that will fill a good niche of it's own between the other two very different vapes.

Cheers to you, friends! :wave:

Healthierlifestyle

After reading through this entire thread (thankfully it wasn't as long as the underdog vape thread:rofl:) and comparing it in regards to the davinci iq. It is safe to say I am sold on this guy and will be ordering it shortly! Puffitup for all my vaping needs! stay vaped everyone! Looking forward to getting in on the party!

Ted_Stuffins

It's a shame that this big snow storm had to occur recently on the east coast, or else i'd have the Alternate in my hands already. Shipping is very slow because of it. Hoping I get it soon.

Ted_Stuffins,
Reactions: Vivant

Chocu1a

Tried out the concentrate pad last night. Turned the heat to max and once it beeped, I loaded a small piece of crumble on it. Got 3 nice puffs from it and got a hellacious buzz. Happy to report that it does work with concentrates.

Vivant

Manufacturer
I must have mixed up my batteries somehiw.. was at work again today, colder than yesterday and alternate had no problem keeping up with cold temps..

Weird..

Hello @xlr8shun Unfortunately at this time we are unable to add a beep when the battery dies. I will make sure to pass along this information to our design team and try to implement it in the best possible way we can. Thank you for your advice.

^^^ This.

Similarly, perhaps one when it again reaches temperature when the light goes red after a long draw. I know there will be some who say this is too much noise, but setting the vape down and picking it back up only to see 20 seconds remaining can be sad.

Hello @BuddingMagic Unfortunately this is not possible right now either but we will definitely let the design team know and have them implement it in the best way possible. What I mean is, if it is not possible for the Alternate itself, we will make sure they think of things like this with the next device. Thank you for your advice, rest assured every feedback matters.

Thank you for everyone's support! We appreciate each one of you. Please feel free to keep us updated on how the device is doing for you all. -Emily

Top Bottom