Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

jdent3

Agreed. Same reasons I went for DHgate. I live in Canada and between our bad dollar and the lack of an official vendor here you end up paying the crazy exchange rate + shipping + import fees and which makes it $210+. This puts it in an entirely different price bracket and forces it to compete against an entirely different set of vapes. For some idea you can get an Arizer Air for <$180.

If I like the vape and if it becomes available in Canada without needing to import I will buy another through official channels. But for the time being this was the best route in my situation (imo).

I found a vendor in Canada who has it. The Herb cafe has it for $169.00 CAD. https://theherbcafe.com/collections/potent-portables/products/alternate

jdent3,
Reactions: Vivant
Well, I have some disappointing news to share about my Alternate, which I have had for just over two weeks and have used pretty regularly during that time. The cooling unit suddenly started cracking this morning, or at least that is the first time I noticed it. I have not dropped the unit and have treated it gently from day 1, so it's not a user problem. My guess is that the plastic is not withstanding the heat the cooling unit absorbs over multiple uses. That cooling unit gets pretty hot during higher temp use. At this point, the crack does not seem to be affecting performance, but I worry it will just expand a little more with each use.

B9VBN9x.jpg

blackstone

Oh no. There was one cracked earlier in the thread too, I was going to suggest Vivant making it stronger for cleaning.
Sounds like a lot of heat up there.

I found a vendor in Canada who has it. The Herb cafe has it for $169.00 CAD. https://theherbcafe.com/collections/potent-portables/products/alternate

Unfortunately this wasn't an option when I ordered 2+ weeks ago.

Hooold up!!

When I browsed that website first, I thought I had found vape buyers heaven.
But upon inquiring, I was told that they are Canadian, but use US dollar prices!
I saw someone complaining about another Canadian site doing this lately. And Arizer are another example I suppose.

Edit- Apologies, I rechecked my info, and at that time Herb Cafe used CAD$ on a geo locked Canada only site, and USD on the Site I saw in November.
So it appears correct that it's at CAD$169
That's reasonable!

Last edited:
blackstone,
Reactions: Vivant

herbivore21

Well, I have some disappointing news to share about my Alternate, which I have had for just over two weeks and have used pretty regularly during that time. The cooling unit suddenly started cracking this morning, or at least that is the first time I noticed it. I have not dropped the unit and have treated it gently from day 1, so it's not a user problem. My guess is that the plastic is not withstanding the heat the cooling unit absorbs over multiple uses. That cooling unit gets pretty hot during higher temp use. At this point, the crack does not seem to be affecting performance, but I worry it will just expand a little more with each use.

B9VBN9x.jpg

Dang! I've had mine for four days and am having a similar issue. I've emailed puffitup to see if they could get me a replacement, but it's concerning to see this may be a more widespread issue. Hoping Vivant can comment.

MObzfF0.jpg

Well, that went down hill fast. Within just a few more sessions, the crack turned into a break.

zp1mwXg.jpg
Oh shit. I really hope this is not a Pinnacle Pro type situation again with inappropriate plastics being subjected to too much heat! :rant:

This vape looked so promising in so many ways! I sure hope these examples are something else and not an inherent design fault!

little maggie

Well shite @BuddingMagic , that is not good. I fear I might not be too far behind you, and I am planning to take this with me to Oregon this week. Maybe I should stop using it between now and then. Would suck to be vapeless in Oregon.
You could get a vapcap just in case. It's pretty unbreakable. Or use lower temps on the vivante..

gienkollo

Yes, it was to beautiful to be true, to good vape for this amount of money. Ordered on for myself yesterday on Dhgate..
I think beta blue, had made this top cap from different material..

gienkollo,

Vivant

Manufacturer

B9VBN9x.jpg
Dang! I've had mine for four days and am having a similar issue. I've emailed puffitup to see if they could get me a replacement, but it's concerning to see this may be a more widespread issue. Hoping Vivant can comment.

MObzfF0.jpg
Well, that went down hill fast. Within just a few more sessions, the crack turned into a break.

zp1mwXg.jpg

Hello @TheDudeNextDoor @BuddingMagic ,

First off, I would like to apologize on behalf of our company for the inconveniences these cracks on your top cap/cooling unit is causing, sorry.

Secondly, please email us directly at info@vivant.com and we will make sure you get the proper replacements and the situation taken care of in a timely manner.

Lastly, I hope this doesn't set back the community. Rest assured we are aware of this situation and are working very diligently to take care of it and make sure that it never happens again. I reassure you our engineers are working on this task daily.

For anyone else who is experiencing a cracked top cap/cooling unit, please email us directly at info@vivant.com and we will be here to take care of the matter for you. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello @jdent3 , Yes the Herb Café is one of our Authorized Resellers so please feel free to confidently purchase an Alternate through them. Thank you.

Nails it!!!! Thank you

Teaming

Gardenerjeff

Hello @Gardenerjeff it is always a pleasure!!

....it is impressive to observe you meticulously respond to each inquiry ...thanks for the patience and response Emily...hope they treat you well there...cheers.

Thanks for all of your assistance, Emily!

That goes a long way toward developing a loyal customer base here! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hello @turk @Fat Freddy Thank you for your kind words, I truly appreciate it. It is always a pleasure speaking with the FC Community, you all are awesome!! Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will always do my best to answer them. Thank you!! Hope you all have an amazing day!

BuddingMagic

First off, I would like to apologize on behalf of our company for the inconveniences these cracks on your top cap/cooling unit is causing, sorry.

Secondly, please email us directly at info@vivant.com and we will make sure you get the proper replacements and the situation taken care of in a timely manner.

Lastly, I hope this doesn't set back the community. Rest assured we are aware of this situation and are working very diligently to take care of it and make sure that it never happens again. I reassure you our engineers are working on this task daily.

For anyone else who is experiencing a cracked top cap/cooling unit, please email us directly at info@vivant.com and we will be here to take care of the matter for you. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

I dropped you fine folks an email last night; you'll probably recognize the pictures from above. That said, Puffitup is taking care of the replacement mouth piece, so I don't know if anything further needs to be done on your end to correct things at this point.

This doesn't damage my view on the Vivant Alternate which is an INSANE deal and works well enough that I used it near exclusively while in working order. The Sticky Brick and Grasshopper were most jealous.

Thank you for the fast response and for the great customer service.

Edit and update: Emily contacted me and confirmed all is sorted out.

Last edited:

Vivant

Manufacturer
I dropped you fine folks an email last night; you'll probably recognize the pictures from above. That said, Puffitup is taking care of the replacement mouth piece, so I don't know if anything further needs to be done on your end to correct things at this point.

This doesn't damage my view on the Vivant Alternate which is an INSANE deal and works well enough that I used it near exclusively while in working order. The Sticky Brick and Grasshopper were most jealous.

Thank you for the fast response and for the great customer service.

Hello @BuddingMagic yes, I do recall your email. Seems we are chasing each other around from email to this thread lol, I had just responded to your email a few minutes ago. Thank you for your patience and we are very thankful you didn't let this inconvenience/experience change your mind about our company. We truly are fixing this issue as quickly as possible, thank you for understanding.
I am happy to hear PIU Team is helping you out so quickly, they are truly amazing individuals there.
Please feel free to contact us directly for any future problems, if any (crossing fingers that there isn't), we will be more than happy to help to take the work load off PIU's team. Either way, rest assured if you bought the device from any of our Authorized Sellers, you will be taken care of. Thank you!!

OyVape

Well, my mouthpiece part cracked on both sides of the bowl. I have contacted PIU where I bought it.

Vivant, can you possibly make a replacement part out of something less prone to cracking from heat? My particular unit was especially smelly initially, if that tells you anything.

This Vape is too sweet to write off

OakAged

Hello @jdent3 , Yes the Herb Café is one of our Authorized Resellers so please feel free to confidently purchase an Alternate through them. Thank you.

Hello @Gardenerjeff it is always a pleasure!!

Hello @turk @Fat Freddy Thank you for your kind words, I truly appreciate it. It is always a pleasure speaking with the FC Community, you all are awesome!! Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will always do my best to answer them. Thank you!! Hope you all have an amazing day!

Hi Vivant Team,

Just wanted to let you know that I became in the market for a new vaporizer last week (as a result of a years old vape I loved finally dying) and I've been doing extensive research before finally buying. Your great responses and customer service on here has convinced me that the Alternate will be my next vape. Just wanted to say thanks!

Baron23

@Vivant you guys should switch to PEEK plastic like the crafty and mighty use. The cooling units on the S and B vapes hold up extremely well. The plastic your using might be more economical but if you have to constantly replace cooling units then it won't be.
While heat and an inappropriate type of plastic are the obvious suspects, it may well not be either of those issues and this cracking may be simply from stress lines in the material as a result of its manufacturing (injection molded, thermoformed, etc).

I really dunno know how they make it but I think its a bit early to presume its material type, heat, or thickness. It just may be a small aspect of the design that induces stress lines in the material along which it fractures upon expansion from heat.

We will see, but they will need time to get parts back, do some failure analysis, and come up with a corrective action.

Last edited:

Vivant

Manufacturer
Well, my mouthpiece part cracked on both sides of the bowl. I have contacted PIU where I bought it.

Vivant, can you possibly make a replacement part out of something less prone to cracking from heat? My particular unit was especially smelly initially, if that tells you anything.

This Vape is too sweet to write off

Hello @OyVape , yes , we are definitely working very diligently to create a more sturdy device for you guys. I am sorry this is happening and for the inconvenience it has caused you. I'm glad to hear PIU is taking care of you though. Thank you!

@Vivant you guys should switch to PEEK plastic like the crafty and mighty use. The cooling units on the S and B vapes hold up extremely well. The plastic your using might be more economical but if you have to constantly replace cooling units then it won't be.

Hello @jdent3 , thank you for the advice, I will make sure to forward it to our design team. The current material we are using is as follows: Glass Filled Polycarbonate is used on the exterior of the device, the internals of the device is Ultra High Heat Polyetherimide. However, we are looking into it and will make the necessary changes as we would not want this to keep happening.

Hi Vivant Team,

Just wanted to let you know that I became in the market for a new vaporizer last week (as a result of a years old vape I loved finally dying) and I've been doing extensive research before finally buying. Your great responses and customer service on here has convinced me that the Alternate will be my next vape. Just wanted to say thanks!

Hello @OakAged , thank you so much for your kind words. I am very excited to hear you are willing to give our product a chance. I undoubtedly feel you will feel it is worth it! Please know we are here all the time and will be willing to help in any way we can so feel comfortable with your purchase. Thank you!

While heat and an inappropriate type of plastic are the obvious suspects, it may well not be either of those issues and this cracking may be simply from stress lines in the material as a result of its manufacturing (injection molded, thermoformed, etc).

I really dunno know how they make it but I think its a bit early to presume its material type, heat, or thickness. It just may be a bad design that induces stress lines in the material along which it fractures upon expansion from heat.

We will see.

Hello @Baron23 , you are absolutely right! Our team is looking into this very extensively but as of right now it seems material has very little to do with it. Thank you for your opinion, we truly appreciate it. Thank you again!

Baron23

Hello @OyVape , yes , we are definitely working very diligently to create a more sturdy device for you guys. I am sorry this is happening and for the inconvenience it has caused you. I'm glad to hear PIU is taking care of you though. Thank you!

Hello @jdent3 , thank you for the advice, I will make sure to forward it to our design team. The current material we are using is as follows: Glass Filled Polycarbonate is used on the exterior of the device, the internals of the device is Ultra High Heat Polyetherimide. However, we are looking into it and will make the necessary changes as we would not want this to keep happening.

Hello @OakAged , thank you so much for your kind words. I am very excited to hear you are willing to give our product a chance. I undoubtedly feel you will feel it is worth it! Please know we are here all the time and will be willing to help in any way we can so feel comfortable with your purchase. Thank you!

Hello @Baron23 , you are absolutely right! Our team is looking into this very extensively but as of right now it seems material has very little to do with it. Thank you for your opinion, we truly appreciate it. Thank you again!
Vivant - you are doing a GREAT job of communicating with the community and I think this goes a great way to creating trust so that when small issues come up....they stay small in everybody's mind. This is the way to engage with us, open, honest, and responsive. Thank you, again.

Vape Dr.

I agree with @Baron23 You all are doing a great job being present on the forum and answering questions quickly.

It is also nice that you want feedback from Alternate users on how you can improve the unit for us, very refreshing in this industry!

Keep up the great work @Vivant and I'll keep enjoying my Alternate!:)

dtaxx

Crafty%20&%20Mighty%20Easy%20Flow%20waterpijp-adapter.png

First of all, I love the Alternate! Great vape for the price! I was wondering; would this crafty/mighty water adapter fit the alternate? It sure looks like it!

Hello !

Will do! Thanks. I had no doubt you guys would take care of the problem -- your track record here has been stellar and is one reason why I bought the Alternate in the first place. Keep that presence active, and I don't think this will set the community back. With what is still a new industry, we are all familiar with bumps in the road.

Top Bottom