Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

BaroneBarra

That is HIGHlarious. Around 2am this morning i did a search and replace to switch all of the Alternates to Alternatives. Too many comparison bowls apparently.

Edit: fixed up the post, thank you for pointing out my blunder :)
Thanks for the review man, very thorough.
Just so you know, there are still some "Alternative" in the Vapor paragraph :)

I'm waiting for my Alternate to arrive, unfortunately it's stuck at customs so won't have it 'till Monday I guess.
Ever more excited now after your post!

Can we expect a video on your YT channel anytime soon?

ohmygodimsohigh

Thanks for the review man, very thorough.
Just so you know, there are still some "Alternative" in the Vapor paragraph :)

I'm waiting for my Alternate to arrive, unfortunately it's stuck at customs so won't have it 'till Monday I guess.
Ever more excited now after your post!

Can we expect a video on your YT channel anytime soon?

DOH. Those are updated. Thank you!
I am definitely going to make some Alternate videos! I may have broken mine last night though :(

ohmygodimsohigh,
Reactions: blackstone

Meach

@ohmygodimsohigh thanks for all your reviews really appreciate all the information you put out there! I'm on the fence about this vape because of a few others also mentioning the cheap or light feel of the plastic material used for the housing and battery cover...my wife has the dropsies worst case on the planet without a doubt..every vape we own has hit the floor and looks like its been through hell..anyways...would it be safe to say that the Alternate is a bit more fragile than say the boundless cf offerings...I really want the alternate but am thinking the cf would be more durable for her ( yea yea I know they are both ribbed for her pleasure):lol:

Last edited:
Meach,

Vivant

Manufacturer
My buddy just got an alternate and I gotta say - best budget vape ever. This little fucker's got some punch and everything everyone says about the vapor quality is true - you want bear bones budget and brilliant vapor quality? Best get one of these suckers.

BUT since @Vivant is so open to implementing easy fixes and little changes to add to the quality of the experience, I'd like to throw a few ideas into the mix. :D First off, you guys DEFINITELY need to watch the @Vape Dr. WPA videos on his YT and try to make something like that, only integrated (anyone on FC will tell you a significant portion of the community is WPA-all-the-way).

Second, completely personal opinion, make the current mouthpiece or future mouthpieces a little less finicky - you can really mess up the airflow if it sits in the wrong position sometimes and I feel like newbies might fuck a little less than combustion if it's seated wrong making for an airy first session.

Third and final, I reckon if possible you guys should provide a total pass-through option so people on a budget can use this vape for at home as their desktop and as their portable (I bet a lot of Alternate owners wish they could cut out the battery middleman!).

Regardless, thank you very much for the product and because of my friend allowing me a trial run I can unequivocally say I am going to support your company and buy an Alternate as well as a slew of accessories when they make themselves known. :)

Hello @lemmeadem Thank you for your kind words and feedback. Rest assured your feedback/suggestions along with the rest of the community is heard and we take heart to it and will do our best to implement these requests.

As for the mouthpiece, if you unscrew the top cap and look on the bottom of it, there is a silver screw that says "clean often" , you can take any coin and tighten this screw a little more to tighten the mouthpiece so it is less finicky. However, if you tighten this screw too much the mouthpiece will be completely stuck so don't screw it too tight.

Thank you for purchasing our product, we hope you continue to enjoy it. -Emily

hello everyone.. I must admit that after @Vape Dr. little advice, my eyes have turned to this good looking vape. I'd like tho to ask. How can it be hybrid? If you put operate it in shorter sessions it'll work as a convection else it'll work as a conduction vape?
Moreover, @Vivant when do you guys think of releasing the WPA? Does it worth waiting so that I get them together or is it going to be a little while?

I'm just waiting for some money and most than probably I'll be giving this a shot. My GH cannot stand on its own and I'm fed up with the butane as my main driver. I definitely need a good and y not cheap backup for service timing. Although, I think that the Alternate will definitely get loved a lot as well :)

Hello @voodoo_vape , to answer your question about the release of the WPA, I personally do not anticipate it will be released until later in the month as it is still going through creation and testing phases. You could purchase the device first and just purchase the accessory parts as they get released then you don't miss out on anything, just my advice :) Thank you -Emily

Would be nice if the manual listed all button combos. How do I turn it off mid count down?

Teaming

Gardenerjeff

Hello @Gardenerjeff , I want to reassure you we have created a quick guide chart that will be uploaded to our site very shortly (should be within days) as it is just getting finalized and this quick guide chart will list all button combinations with it's meanings also a few how to's such as turning off the device mid count down session.

I am loading it here too in a much simpler form so I hope it helps everyone here in the FC community out (sorry it is a bit informal but I would like for you guys to have it):

While screen is blacked out, press any button once to wake up the display screen.

Press “power” button 5 times to turn device OFF completely.

While device is OFF, simultaneously hold “+” and “power” button for 10-12 seconds to enter Buzzer Volume Mode. This is where you can adjust the volume of the buzzer.

While device is OFF, simultaneously hold “+” and “-“ button for 2-4 seconds to flip the display screen for either right or left handed preference.

While device is OFF, press “power” button 5 times to turn device ON.

While device is ON, simultaneously hold “+” and “power” button for 2-4 seconds to enter Timer Setting Mode. This is where you can adjust your safety timer preference.

While device is ON, simultaneously hold “-“ and “power” button for 2-4 seconds to enter Stealth Mode.

While device is ON, simultaneously hold “+” and “-“ button to LOCK screen on device.

When temperature preference is set on display screen, hold onto “power” button until it beeps and LED turns green to start the heat up process.

Device will beep 3 times when it is ready to be vaped.

During a session while the LED is green, hold onto the “power” button to end the session before timer ends. This will automatically end the current session and bring the temperature back down.

Truly hope this helps. Please feel free to ask me any questions, Thank you -Emily

Taz

Tester
PuffItUp is great as I always knew cause I was a customer service person from the 80's.
Yes, I am still alive. Got the item today and damn extra battery, munchies, grinder and just thanks. Will report back since my T break should end Monday but PIU making it hard to wait! Pray I make it now.

lemmeadem

I am not really a session vape person but if I am going to use one the vivant is the one I choose. And again, the things I like about it are the things that some want changed. I love that I can just replace batteries. When I first got it I would look at the power decreasing and saw that as a negative until I remembered I could just put a fresh battery in and it would be back to full power. No need to ever charge given the batteries. I never need to use the usb except for software updates. I haven't had problems with the mp- I'm not sure how to set it wrong but I'm going to check that out to see how that happens. If there's something at all complicated with a vape I am likely to mess it up and that hasn't happened with this one. I still prefer my milaana but the vivante is growing on me.

Once a month, I like to take a lazy day and on that one day a month I tend to... Overindulge. Copiously. >.> I happen to really love the Alternate's vapor profile, it's kinda nimble and lightweight but also very capable of putting you in a coma at the upper end of the temp. range. Trouble is I reckon I'd kill a set of batteries pretty easily on that day using those temps. >.> I'd love to be able to use the Alternate with it plugged in, sitting on the couch and sipping from it pretty constantly and tend to think it's a pretty decent step into desktop territory with technique down and the only way I could think to do this without batteries being sucked dry and extra strain on the batteries was by having a pass-through or a dummy battery that plugs into the wall via cord.

D: I miss my Solo with pass-through and the versatility of having a portable vape when it needs to be portable and a powerful vape when it needs to be powerful and a whole bunch of great portables have made themselves known recently and none with pass-through. I think that's a pretty huge misstep if you're aiming for top dog in the vape pack and to me it seems like, from a business perspective, you'd try to corner the market as much as possible and try to make repeat customers out of the customer base you have. How better to do that than nullify every other vaporizer in the user's collection?

In the end, for me it comes down to ease of use, portability, comfort, whatever you want to call it - I hated using the Volcano because of how cumbersome it was and how invasive the bags were, rarely use my HA because it has to go through water for me to get decent hits (I have TERRIBLE direct draw technique with the HA) and have fallen in love with my VC and Pax 3. I figured this would be the perfect companion - a butane, portable and desktop (because the Alternate's a little conspicuous for where I live in comparison to the Pax plus the vapor quality is better than the Pax's, surprisingly and not so surprisingly in a way) to my other portables to round out the collection with a desktop-ish vape and mitigating my need for more batteries (I despise batteries and the changing ritual, though quick and easy with the Alternate, is ALWAYS an annoyance for me regardless of the vape).

Pretty recently I've been trying to cut back on most impulse spending behavior and the Alternate will be my last purchase for a while - gonna sell a few non-essentials, try to keep things minimalist. :)

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Pretty recently I've been trying to cut back on most impulse spending behavior and the Alternate will be my last purchase for a while - gonna sell a few non-essentials, try to keep things minimalist. :)

Yeah...LOL...I remember telling myself the same thing back when the Arizer Air was first released...but now some twenty odd vapes later...LOL!

cookiemonster.png

blackstone

I spent the week comparing the Alternative to the Crafty, here are the differences I was able to identify.
http://420vapezone.com/vivant-alternate-review-crafty-killer/

So far it's been absolutely fantastic. I even dropped it and it didn't die.
Although I THINK it broke the little bridge portion inside of the cooling unit...

Thanks for the honest review! You can see the quality of the Crafty doing well and it's interesting as I was recently trying to choose between these two vapes in particular.
Someone would have to think hard when the price difference is $210,
but for people in Europe, having to import an Alternate and having access to good deals on Crafty, that price difference is much less so
someone has to think even harder when trying to decide between these two!

Having capsules and a generous EU service center is a bonus for Crafty but hopefully the Alternate price, warranty plan and accessories will be sufficiently attractive when it becomes available in these areas.

blackstone,

kaisersosay415

What temps are you guys doing concentrates at? I'm maxing out at 428 and I'm afraid I'm pretty shiny it that high but that temp gives out the best hits. Would actually b better if it got a little hotter for concentrates.

kaisersosay415,

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
@Vivant are you guys working on a water pipe adapter?

Hello @lemmeadem Thank you for your kind words and feedback. Rest assured your feedback/suggestions along with the rest of the community is heard and we take heart to it and will do our best to implement these requests.

As for the mouthpiece, if you unscrew the top cap and look on the bottom of it, there is a silver screw that says "clean often" , you can take any coin and tighten this screw a little more to tighten the mouthpiece so it is less finicky. However, if you tighten this screw too much the mouthpiece will be completely stuck so don't screw it too tight.

Thank you for purchasing our product, we hope you continue to enjoy it. -Emily

Hello @voodoo_vape , to answer your question about the release of the WPA, I personally do not anticipate it will be released until later in the month as it is still going through creation and testing phases. You could purchase the device first and just purchase the accessory parts as they get released then you don't miss out on anything, just my advice :) Thank you -Emily

Hello @Gardenerjeff , I want to reassure you we have created a quick guide chart that will be uploaded to our site very shortly (should be within days) as it is just getting finalized and this quick guide chart will list all button combinations with it's meanings also a few how to's such as turning off the device mid count down session.

I am loading it here too in a much simpler form so I hope it helps everyone here in the FC community out (sorry it is a bit informal but I would like for you guys to have it):

While screen is blacked out, press any button once to wake up the display screen.

Press “power” button 5 times to turn device OFF completely.

While device is OFF, simultaneously hold “+” and “power” button for 10-12 seconds to enter Buzzer Volume Mode. This is where you can adjust the volume of the buzzer.

While device is OFF, simultaneously hold “+” and “-“ button for 2-4 seconds to flip the display screen for either right or left handed preference.

While device is OFF, press “power” button 5 times to turn device ON.

While device is ON, simultaneously hold “+” and “power” button for 2-4 seconds to enter Timer Setting Mode. This is where you can adjust your safety timer preference.

While device is ON, simultaneously hold “-“ and “power” button for 2-4 seconds to enter Stealth Mode.

While device is ON, simultaneously hold “+” and “-“ button to LOCK screen on device.

When temperature preference is set on display screen, hold onto “power” button until it beeps and LED turns green to start the heat up process.

Device will beep 3 times when it is ready to be vaped.

During a session while the LED is green, hold onto the “power” button to end the session before timer ends. This will automatically end the current session and bring the temperature back down.

Truly hope this helps. Please feel free to ask me any questions, Thank you -Emily

voodoo_vape,
Reactions: Vivant

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Does anyone here own both the Alternate, and a VapCap?
I ask as I'm wondering if the Alternate could be used as a heater for the VapCap?

Someone reported in the VC thread that they were able to use a Flowermate (don't know which model) as the VC fitted inside perfectly.

Copacetic,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2

I ask as I'm wondering if the Alternate could be used as a heater for the VapCap?

Someone reported in the VC thread that they were able to use a Flowermate (don't know which model) as the VC fitted inside perfectly.
Good question about the Alternate, but if you're looking for an electric or battery powered heater for your vapcap, have you seen this thread?:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/v...top-and-in-car-use.23211/page-10#post-1094875

Copacetic

Mr. Me2

Indeed I have, and I'm very tempted by both units Pipes has developed, but I'd also be very happy if the Alternate could acommodate the VC.

Thanks for the pointer though!
I agree! An inexpensive vc heater AND a great new vape all in one!!!

Hopefully...

VaporSipper

Sorry, but that wouldn't work. The Alternate's bowl is too wide, too shallow and the unit is a hybrid with a lot of convection. It doesn't mean you shouldn't get an Alternate; it's a great vape! But it would not be a good heater for the VC...

Copacetic

Sorry, but that wouldn't work. The Alternate's bowl is too wide, too shallow and the unit is a hybrid with a lot of convection. It doesn't mean you shouldn't get an Alternate; it's a great vape! But it would not be a good heater for the VC...
Ah well, thanks for the reply anyway.
I ordered an Alternate from DH Gate just for shits and giggles (sorry Randy/PIU, I have a ton of 18650's already, and I often find a single purchase from DH Gate doesn't attract UK tax, so big saving for me :shrug:).

If I was purchasing my only, or primary vape, I'd definitely get the Alternate from Puff It Up or Vape Fiend (if they start carrying the Alt') though.
It's great to have the peace of mind that B&M stores can provide.

AAndroid

Ah well, thanks for the reply anyway.
I ordered an Alternate from DH Gate just for shits and giggles (sorry Randy/PIU, I have a ton of 18650's already, and I often find a single purchase from DH Gate doesn't attract UK tax, so big saving for me :shrug:).

If I was purchasing my only, or primary vape, I'd definitely get the Alternate from Puff It Up or Vape Fiend (if they start carrying the Alt') though.
It's great to have the peace of mind that B&M stores can provide.

Agreed. Same reasons I went for DHgate. I live in Canada and between our bad dollar and the lack of an official vendor here you end up paying the crazy exchange rate + shipping + import fees and which makes it $210+. This puts it in an entirely different price bracket and forces it to compete against an entirely different set of vapes. For some idea you can get an Arizer Air for <$180.

If I like the vape and if it becomes available in Canada without needing to import I will buy another through official channels. But for the time being this was the best route in my situation (imo).

Top Bottom