Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

BaroneBarra

So a couple months back I was looking for a new vape (currently only have a MFLB and it's killing me lol) in the <$150 portable market. Back then I'd come to the conclusion I was going to get the Alternate, but didn't have the money at the time to get it just yet. Now I do, but now I'm learning about all of these topcap problems and it's dissuading me from purchasing...

Should this problem dissuade me from buying one of these things? Is the topcap melting an inevitability or a few cases of bad luck?

Basically, is the Alternate good enough to buy even with all the risks currently associated with them?

If this would be your only vape, I'd say go for something else in the same price range (Odin, CF, Starry).
If you have a backup - the MFLB, in this case - and you don't mind possibly having to use it for a couple more months, while enduring the frustration of not having news by the company, go for it. When it works, it's great.

Personally if I could go back in time, I'd buy it from DHGate since I'm in Europe.
I can assure you that spend 150$ for something and not being able to use it, right when I decided to stop combusting and buy this as my first and only vape, was not fun in the slightest.

I guess people who had it working will say that is absolutely worth it, people who had problems will say the opposite...
Seeing that the new, revamped cap which took months to re-design and re-test is showing the same issues that some users noticed days after the vape first came out...let's just say it can't be a good sign.

Good luck either way :tup:

:peace:

sickmanfraud

So a couple months back I was looking for a new vape (currently only have a MFLB and it's killing me lol) in the <$150 portable market. Back then I'd come to the conclusion I was going to get the Alternate, but didn't have the money at the time to get it just yet. Now I do, but now I'm learning about all of these topcap problems and it's dissuading me from purchasing...

Should this problem dissuade me from buying one of these things? Is the topcap melting an inevitability or a few cases of bad luck?

Basically, is the Alternate good enough to buy even with all the risks currently associated with them?

I happen to really like the Alternate, but the screen holder melted on me.

If you only have one vape besides the MFLB I would suggest looking at the Boundless hybrid. It is a $200 vape on sale for $100. It has removable 18650 battery, 1 degree temperature accuracy, no melting parts and it has been sold for about a year so there should be no surprises.

Vapppo

Vaping in Italy since too short!
Hi, i'm thinking to buy this unit, i was tempted by the mMighty but found out this one, so inexepensive...
What's your overall impression for this unit? is it worth? I saw good reviews from the Vape Critic and and i'm almost convinced.

How does it perform in terms of herb efficiency and amount of vapor production? these are my 2 main points!.

Thanks everyone!

Vapppo,

Razshiro

Hi, i'm thinking to buy this unit, i was tempted by the mMighty but found out this one, so inexepensive...
What's your overall impression for this unit? is it worth? I saw good reviews from the Vape Critic and and i'm almost convinced.

How does it perform in terms of herb efficiency and amount of vapor production? these are my 2 main points!.

Thanks everyone!

The "Crafternate" is a good vaporizer, but the Mighty is on another level.... the Mighty product better vapor, the taste stay longer and it's very effecient too. The only con for the Mighty is the size (not really stealth) , the Crafternate is smaller...

Vapppo

Thank you... well efficiency is a very important point to me. Do you think the "craftemate" is effiecient too?

Would you suggest other portable units for effieciency and vapor production?

I have a Plenty (very nice but i'd need something more) and a Da Vinci Ascent (not effiecient at all, cannot waste my herbs there).

Material is not easy to retrieve where i live so i need a portable Vape that must be very herb efficient. Also, i'm still transictioning from smoking and i need my next vape to provide the closest experience to smoking.

I can find the Mighty at around 250 euro while the Alternate seem to be available for hald that price. I'm also thinking of a vapcap but i'm eager to hear others suggestions.

Can you help?

thanks!

Vapppo,

blackstone

I can find the Mighty at around 250 euro while the Alternate seem to be available for hald that price. I'm also thinking of a vapcap but i'm eager to hear others suggestions.

Can you help?

thanks!

I would jump on that Mighty. I spent €250 on not great vapes to learn that I should have bought Mighty or Solo first.
I could PM you a list of cheap portables that are supposed to be quite good.
It's a pity it has to be portable or you could try one of those HerbalAire units.
Another well priced portable coming soon is the Haze Square, you could look into that too.

Vapppo

I could PM you a list of cheap portables that are supposed to be quite good.
It's a pity it has to be portable or you could try one of those HerbalAire units.
Another well priced portable coming soon is the Haze Square, you could look into that too.

Thank you so much for your inputs.

Please PM me everything that comes to your mind... also non-portable units.

Do you think the Mighty is seriously better then the Alternate? please remember that rather then pure flavour or vapor quality, i'm porbably more oriented to a massive cloud production and herb effieciency.

Thank you again!

blackstone

Do you think the Mighty is seriously better then the Alternate?

I never tried an Alternate but I can tell you that the Mighty is arguably the best portable in the world,
while there are a number of people upset with their Alternate purchases.
I suppose it is like a raffle draw now, maybe you'll get one that will melt and crack or not?
And there is a large number of people who are not willing to take the risk.

I'll PM you a list and hope it will help you.

blackstone,
Reactions: Vapppo

Vapppo

I never tried an Alternate but I can tell you that the Mighty is arguably the best portable in the world,
while there are a number of people upset with their Alternate purchases.
I suppose it is like a raffle draw now, maybe you'll get one that will melt and crack or not?
And there is a large number of people who are not willing to take the risk.

I'll PM you a list and hope it will help you.

Thank you so much mate.

Does anyone think that a lucky (not faulty) Alternate can somehow compare with Mr. Mighty?

I just dont want to overpay the name nor waste my money in a unit that, even if working, just cant compare with Storz & Bickel portable units. I'm also curious about what you guys think of the Arizers units (solo and air) compared to Mighty and Crafty.

Thanks in advance!

Vapppo,

mash

Would @HengefulOne @mash and @Baked-not-fried please post pictures of their crafty cu please so i can get a better idea of how much I should trim off the tabs. What's the best way to do this, such as on the side where it says clean regularly do I leave part of the tab on the far left and trim everything else or should the tab be more centered?

I have included a few pictures and would like to know what would be the best setup. I looked over dtaxx's pictures and it looks like his bottom tab is off center and the top tab is directly centered.

RT2hy77.jpg
0aEHMp6.jpg

I will try....camera on my phone sucks tho.....

mash,

purplegreen

my 2nd generation top cap (the one with metal heat sink) is disintegrating... less than a week old and it has a crack running from the bottom to the top of the top cap :(

time to get in touch with Vivant! time to get a Crafty CU. did anyone try to fit Boundless top cap onto alt?

purplegreen,

ohmygodimsohigh

Aw I figured they would have had it out by now. Last I saw the only people who were able to mod a wpa for it had to like drill into the unit to fit a new glass mouthpiece or something like that. I'm guessing nobody has been able to make an "easy" wpa mod, or a 3rd party attachment?

The delta3dstudios universal and crafty WPA work very well with the alternate. very easy

mourningbell

Certified human
Thank you... well efficiency is a very important point to me. Do you think the "craftemate" is effiecient too?

Would you suggest other portable units for effieciency and vapor production?

I have a Plenty (very nice but i'd need something more) and a Da Vinci Ascent (not effiecient at all, cannot waste my herbs there).

Material is not easy to retrieve where i live so i need a portable Vape that must be very herb efficient. Also, i'm still transictioning from smoking and i need my next vape to provide the closest experience to smoking.

Can you help?

thanks!

If you want an experience that mimics smoking, you really can't go wrong with a Dynavap M. It's damn efficient too. If you want an even more efficient Vapcap then get one with a Ti tip.

Vivant

Manufacturer
You can't return a device that's been used? As in warranty?? These units are going to crap and if your company doesn't do returns with warranty on faulty crap then probably best to not be in vape game..I couldn't imagine s and b saying that..

That is why you buy from a reputable seller, like puffitup. Sad that the manufacturer isn't as reputable as a reseller. How does the warranty work if you can't send the faulty unit in?

i did what you did on bottom pic..took a little of.each tab off of each side..then i sanded i guess the outer ring down to almost flush with inner ring..i also sanded the sides of the ring so as to make the circle smaller if that makes sense..i made it less tall and smaller ..and literally nust kept trying it until it fit good..it leans a tad but is airtight and hits great..way less heat with cu..still cant believe you cant warranty if uts used??wth?? ot for my case as i got it gifted..i cant even get a top cap, but its obvious they are a newer company and hopefully they can up their cs game..

Hey @subway13029 and @Chocu1a, I'm sorry about the miscommunication. Vivant does not issue full refunds for used Alternates due to the nature of the device. However, in the case of any manufacturer defects such as a cracked top cap or malfunctioning software, we do uphold our 2-year warranty for Alternates purchased directly from us or one of our Authorized Resellers, with the ability to accept faulty devices and issue replacements as necessary.

I hope I have clarified this for you.

Thank you all for your honest discussion!
-Gwen

BuddingMagic

Hey @subway13029 and @Chocu1a, I'm sorry about the miscommunication. Vivant does not issue full refunds for used Alternates due to the nature of the device. However, in the case of any manufacturer defects such as a cracked top cap or malfunctioning software, we do uphold our 2-year warranty for Alternates purchased directly from us or one of our Authorized Resellers, with the ability to accept faulty devices and issue replacements as necessary.

I hope I have clarified this for you.

Thank you all for your honest discussion!
-Gwen

So, no refunds, but 2 years of top caps for everyone!

I'm off this treadmill and have worked with puffitup to return my unit.

I'm very pleased I did not purchase via Vivant at this point.

For those who used credit cards for purchasing via Vivant, I'll bet you can get a refund from your provider. Many card companies will provide the buyer with a refund when the seller will not. Sometimes buyers remorse is all you need. It depends on your card, but for those who feel stuck, this may be an option.

subway13029

ok thanks for clarifying..at least you can warranty a used device..i was about to start trippjng..lol

subway13029,
Reactions: mash

squigger

my 2nd generation top cap (the one with metal heat sink) is disintegrating... less than a week old and it has a crack running from the bottom to the top of the top cap :(

time to get in touch with Vivant! time to get a Crafty CU. did anyone try to fit Boundless top cap onto alt?
Boundless cf top doesn't fit it. It's got these big wings on the side.

squigger,
Reactions: mash

StonerSloth

cui bono?
So, no refunds, but 2 years of top caps for everyone!

I'm off this treadmill and have worked with puffitup to return my unit.

I'm very pleased I did not purchase via Vivant at this point.

For those who used credit cards for purchasing via Vivant, I'll bet you can get a refund from your provider. Many card companies will provide the buyer with a refund when the seller will not. Sometimes buyers remorse is all you need. It depends on your card, but for those who feel stuck, this may be an option.

Yea if Vivant is not accepting returns or giving refunds then we have to assume that Puffitup is actually eating the costs of all these returned vapes. Definitely not something they should have to do.

Some of us bought into this knowing it was not going to be a smooth ride - but I do feel bad for the casual vapors out there who may have picked one of these things up unknowingly.

As for the Crafternate - still hitting like a champ. I think I may have enough confidence in it to take it as my sidekick to a music festival this weekend - but I may default to something a little more proven (Air?)

subway13029

my crafternate hits great but i dont even get 2 full five minute sessions with it. i get one and then it will say 33 percent battery left and then dies halway thru my 2nd session.

Vapppo

my crafternate hits great but i dont even get 2 full five minute sessions with it. i get one and then it will say 33 percent battery left and then dies halway thru my 2nd session.

I've not purchased Craftermate (as you like to call it, nice!) yet but i really think i will shortly. I was wondering: have tried different batteries ? do all of them drain to 33 % so quickly?

sickmanfraud

I've not purchased Craftermate (as you like to call it, nice!) yet but i really think i will shortly. I was wondering: have tried different batteries ? do all of them drain to 33 % so quickly?

Mine does not drain quite that fast, but depending on temperature and session length batteries will need to be swapped during the day.

If you are going out for the whole day prepare charged batteries accordingly.

Vapppo

I think i'll buy this unit with a couple of extra batteries, i think this is a great plus over the Crafty. I'm still trying to figure out how it compares to the Crafty in terms of efficiency and vapor production (assuming i'm lucky enough not to get a faulty unit).

I'm looking for a vape capable of producing big clouds, very efficient with herbs and potent, effective.

I'm still trying to fuck combustion and, while my plenty is helping a lot, i hope i can find some units capable of satisfying my former heavy smoker necessities.

Thank you all for your valuable opinion and experiences!

purplegreen

@squigger you're right it doesn't fit but unlike Crafty CU, Boundless CF Hybrid has a different size of the oven. Crafty and Alt ovens are the same size, Boundless CF Hybrid is smaller.

purplegreen,

Vapppo

Does any one own both the Vivant and the Mighty? I really would like to know how they compare in terms of efficiency and vapor production.

Please consider that being a former (sometimes current) combuster, i'm more after big clouds and long sessions + efficiency than purity of vapor and flavor (not that i dont want these...)!

Thanks!

Vapppo,
Top Bottom