Discontinued Versa Infinity - The Glass Vaporizer

Do you like our vaporizer so far?

• yep.

Votes: 113 72.0%
  • nope.

Votes: 47 29.9%

• Total voters

PoopMachine

If its the same heater that was used in the MagikWand or something similar, its MASSIVE. Ive never seen a heater the size of whats used in the MW. It makes the SSV, LSV, etc look incredibly tiny by comparison.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: Madcap79

CheeseSandwich

If its the same heater that was used in the MagikWand or something similar, its MASSIVE. Ive never seen a heater the size of whats used in the MW. It makes the SSV, LSV, etc look incredibly tiny by comparison.

here's a pic posted on their forum. See for yourself. :)
WP_20140211_001.jpg

lwien

Madcap, would you say that this is a ground breaking vape at the price point or is it too early to tell?

lwien,
Reactions: Madcap79

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Madcap, would you say that this is a ground breaking vape at the price point or is it too early to tell?
Too early to tell and I feel more people should add their experience. I increased my draw speed while using boost mode on the fourth hit and got better vapor production than I imagined I would. But the taste was a little popcorny and it roasted the herb to a medium dark brown. I need to try with a fresh bowl and see if I can get a milkier hits. I will say that, so far, it's worth the $250 price point. Especially if it includes all the attachments. The case is a nice addition as well.

lwien

Too early to tell and I feel more people should add their experience. I increased my draw speed while using boost mode on the fourth hit and got better vapor production than I imagined I would. But the taste was a little popcorny and it roasted the herb to a medium dark brown. I need to try with a fresh bowl and see if I can get a milkier hits. I will say that, so far, it's worth the $250 price point. Especially if it includes all the attachments. The case is a nice addition as well.

Damn, I wish ya had an LSV for comparisons sake.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I think that benchmark comparisons are going to be the most useful info, even though they will be subjective. For example, Madcap said his first run was similar to Cloud+ effect on the 12noon setting. I plan to see how the vapor production compares to my Sub UFO, I would like to wean off using a torch for safety reasons and get more consistent temperature control at the same time without sacrificing vapor.

What other vapes come with a hard case, are there any? I think some come with a soft case/bag? Edit: LSV comes with a soft bag travel case.

For all reviewers, please remember to include your voltage level every time you report an experience.

Can you post a pic of your LSV's heating element?

Edit: Whoops, double post, Mods please merge..

Last edited by a moderator:

Madcap79

Me too. Yes, my initial vapor production that you see in the video is comparable to what I get out of my cloud+ at the noon setting. I know I don't get top shelf product either so some of testers that can get top shelf might get more vapor. Also, I think the faster draw speed might help as well. I'll go for another round shortly. :science:

Last edited:

PoopMachine

I do and Chris is supposed to be sending me a unit. I dunno when but when it comes Ill compare them. My LSV was my daily driver for about 7 months while my OG Cloud was broken.

Can you post a pic of your LSV's heating element?

Let me dig out my MW and Ill post a comparison in a minute.

Here you go:
2014_02_13_16_54_00.jpg

Last edited:

Madcap79

Here are a couple pics for @Adobewan to show kinda how it works.

szjuht.jpg

2vlnwk0.jpg

A before picture of the product. I try to show what it looks like in the video after the hit. It's not quite as dark as it looks in the video.

rhnb5w.jpg

Another shitty vid. 82v w/boost. Screen in bowl almost covered with product. Looks pretty milky to me. :)

PoopMachine

Thanks! This is starting to look very promising. :)

The OG MagikWand produced the same results. The problem with the MW was it got HOT. You can even see some discoloration from the rubber rings that they sent you to put on the glass body to act as a heat buffer. They got so hot they fused themselves to the glass body. I had to break them to get them off.

This vape appears to address all the shortcomings of the MW. I wish Chris had been more forthcoming on this to salvage his standing in the community. He may have a good product here. I dont expect it to compete with the heavy hitters like the Sub, Evo, etc but I do think it has a place in people's vape arsenal.

Kaptan

Okay guys, FedEx delivers in a Winter Nor’easter with a foot of snow on the ground….a day early. Everything was securely packed, but I did not receive the beta test letter shown in the pic posted earlier…haha no BIG deal. I did not take pictures yet as I’m not very patient. So onto my first use…

I plugged everything in and put the Infinity on it’s stand. I turned the control unit to 76 volts and left it heat for about 10 minutes. When I returned, I noticed the unit was very hot. It’s ideal to hold up to about ½ inch above the 3 holes on the side of the unit. All glass above this point WILL burn you if held more than a second or two.

I used my Mobius Ion for this session with the herb bowl and cloud buddy, which IMO is necessary, as your piece will get dirty as fine pieces of herb can get through the screen. I haven’t tried 2 screens yet, but I may try that next. I was going to try concentrates, but I received the hookah attachment and not the concentrates bowl.

I put approximately an Inhalater capsule worth (.2) in the herb bowl and on the first draw, there was no visible vapor, but excellent taste. The second draw was similar until I placed my hand over the BOOST… Instant milk…no slight priming…instant. There was no magic in the videos, it’s how the device works. I got about 6 more hits similar with great taste using boost, about 3 more lighter hits with taste dwindling, and then 1 that was very bluish vapor and very thin. I stirred the bowl every other hit.

It produced ABV that was a medium brown with very even extraction. I felt that I got medicated much quicker than when using the Cloud or Solo and felt more of a “rush” when it hit.

There are a couple things that IMO, need to be addressed:

The Glass Herb bowl – After 2-3 draws, it is HOT as fuck, even after a few minutes of the vape removed. I really can’t see myself using the included tongs for handling the bowl… the girl in the video didn’t. Another problem I had was the vape kept sticking to the herb bowl when removing to clear the hit. The nub on the glass herb bowl does not stick out enough to grab easily. I think consideration should be given to using a high temp silicone coating similar to what Arizer uses on their Cyclone bowl on the herb bowl.

Control Unit – The control unit knob would be much better if it had a click on and off like a on/off volume knob similar to an old radio. This would avoid accidental bumps causing the unit to turn on.

Vape body – Of all the vapes I own, I would consider the Infinity to be the most potentially dangerous. It definitely needs more external thermal protection on the upper portion of the vape. I checked the vape about 10 minutes after turning off the control unit and it was cold to the touch so it does cool down in an acceptable amount of time.

Overall, I’m glad I got in on the beta test. I’m more medicated than similar amount used in the Fake Cloud. I think this unit has great potential and I’m glad to be a part of this ride.

CheeseSandwich

The OG MagikWand produced the same results. The problem with the MW was it got HOT. You can even see some discoloration from the rubber rings that sent you to put on the glass body to act as a heat buffer. They got so hot they fused themselves to the glass body. I had to break them to get them off.

@Madcap79 had it on for 2 hrs and was still able to touch it? Correct?

edit : just seen the post above...so maybe the temp of the outside will be an issue?anks

Thanks for the great review @Kaptan

Last edited:
CheeseSandwich,
Reactions: Kaptan

PoopMachine

I forgot about the bowl issue. The MW had the same problem. No sure how you can address this short of maybe going to something like the LSV has where the heating element is never inside the bowl. I dont think that is the way to go here without a serious reworking.

@Madcap79 had it on for 2 hrs and was still able to touch it? Correct?

I think only in a certain area. The MW got so hot the the only place you could touch it was the very top. There was about 1/2 inch of handling space there.

CheeseSandwich

Hopefully we can all workout something like the wrist band thing with cloud. At least these issues are being pointed out anyway. I'm very excited to hear about the boost working well for @Kaptan
Maybe I should have just went with the infinity instead of the G1?:doh:

CheeseSandwich,

Madcap79

Okay guys, FedEx delivers in a Winter Nor’easter with a foot of snow on the ground….a day early. Everything was securely packed, but I did not receive the beta test letter shown in the pic posted earlier…haha no BIG deal. I did not take pictures yet as I’m not very patient. So onto my first use…

I plugged everything in and put the Infinity on it’s stand. I turned the control unit to 76 volts and left it heat for about 10 minutes. When I returned, I noticed the unit was very hot. It’s ideal to hold up to about ½ inch above the 3 holes on the side of the unit. All glass above this point WILL burn you if held more than a second or two.

I used my Mobius Ion for this session with the herb bowl and cloud buddy, which IMO is necessary, as your piece will get dirty as fine pieces of herb can get through the screen. I haven’t tried 2 screens yet, but I may try that next. I was going to try concentrates, but I received the hookah attachment and not the concentrates bowl.

I put approximately an Inhalater capsule worth (.2) in the herb bowl and on the first draw, there was no visible vapor, but excellent taste. The second draw was similar until I placed my hand over the BOOST… Instant milk…no slight priming…instant. There was no magic in the videos, it’s how the device works. I got about 6 more hits similar with great taste using boost, about 3 more lighter hits with taste dwindling, and then 1 that was very bluish vapor and very thin. I stirred the bowl every other hit.

It produced ABV that was a medium brown with very even extraction. I felt that I got medicated much quicker than when using the Cloud or Solo and felt more of a “rush” when it hit.

There are a couple things that IMO, need to be addressed:

The Glass Herb bowl – After 2-3 draws, it is HOT as fuck, even after a few minutes of the vape removed. I really can’t see myself using the included tongs for handling the bowl… the girl in the video didn’t. Another problem I had was the vape kept sticking to the herb bowl when removing to clear the hit. The nub on the glass herb bowl does not stick out enough to grab easily. I think consideration should be given to using a high temp silicone coating similar to what Arizer uses on their Cyclone bowl on the herb bowl.

Control Unit – The control unit knob would be much better if it had a click on and off like a on/off volume knob similar to an old radio. This would avoid accidental bumps causing the unit to turn on.

Vape body – Of all the vapes I own, I would consider the Infinity to be the most potentially dangerous. It definitely needs more external thermal protection on the upper portion of the vape. I checked the vape about 10 minutes after turning off the control unit and it was cold to the touch so it does cool down in an acceptable amount of time.

Overall, I’m glad I got in on the beta test. I’m more medicated than similar amount used in the Fake Cloud. I think this unit has great potential and I’m glad to be a part of this ride.
Excellent review! I agree that the nub on the side of the bowl should be longer. My bowl didn't get as hot but I took the unit off after each hit. If there was some kind of opaque thermal liner that could go on the inside of the upper part of the unit may help with heat dissipation. Maybe not. My bowl stuck a couple times on my first bowl. It hasn't since though, for whatever reason. The Versa could definitely cause harm if left turned up and on a table at a party or whatnot. Again, awesome review! :tup:

Sucks about the concentrates bowl. I am curious if it could be used for flowers as well. Hope they get one to you.

@CheeseSandwich and @PoopMachine You get at least 3 inches of handling on my Versa. Above that it gets pretty damn hot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom