VAS: Vape Aquisition Syndrome The malady we love to hate

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I am also affected by VAS. And this, even though I only started vaping 3 weeks ago!

I smoked cigarettes and joints for 25 years. About 10 years ago, I quit cigarettes and switched to e-cigarettes, but I still smoked joints with tobacco in the evenings. About 1 year ago, I bought an XMAX V3 Pro. I just wanted to try out a good and affordable vaporizer. Unfortunately, I wasn't really thrilled - i guess it was just the wrong vaporizer at the wrong time.

Then, 3 weeks ago, I became interested in vaporizers again - I'm not exactly sure what triggered it. Following some kind of intuition, I bought a Mighty+ and told myself, "now that you've spent so much money on a vaporizer, you simply MUST give up tobacco!"

Surprisingly, it worked, and shortly after, I:
  • bought a Dynavap M Plus
  • joined this forum
  • subscribed to various YouTube channels on the topic of "Vaporizers" (do you have any tips for good YT channels?)
  • ordered a Revolve Gen 2 and a Reload (hopefully arriving this week)
  • eagerly await the release of the Tempest
  • plan to buy a TinyMight 2 and a DV Helix Tip on Black Friday
  • asked my wife for a high-quality lighter for Christmas
  • wrote this rather nonsensical post instead of working.
Yes, I think VAS has a tight grip on me - and wow, is it fun!

In any case, I have found a new hobby and am very excited about it.

And as long as that's the case, VAS is welcome to stick around a bit longer...

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I find I use retail therapy to avoid certain dates and events
The worse period of VAS was a 4 month period where I have records for 27 vaping related orders.
What's annoying is that I regret... more than half of them.

I thought I was doing better this year until I found FC and found a bunch of devices I didn't know where in development...
I was overwhelmed by so much FOMO in the first weeks after I first found FC and regretted everything I had bought in the weeks before hand.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I thought I was doing better this year until I found FC and found a bunch of devices I didn't know where in development...
Yeah, regarding VAS, FC isn’t really helpful… :D

Just ordered a TM2 and a DV Helix Tip along with an Armored Cap. Oh, and the Simrell Mighty Adapter and a glass stem (Hula stem) for my Mighty+. Also some spare batteries for the TM2. And some extra screens because you never know.

I’m lost… :uhoh:

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
Yeah, regarding VAS, FC isn’t really helpful… :D

Just ordered a TM2 and a DV Helix Tip along with an Armored Cap. Oh, and the Simrell Mighty Adapter and a glass stem (Hula stem) for my Mighty+. Also some spare batteries for the TM2. And some extra screens because you never know.

I’m lost… :uhoh:
helix tip and wand are in my cart lol
you found the right place to get lost in!

coolbreeze

I really never would have thought I'd have such a shopping addiction. I just used every vape I have this weekend to try and keep the VAS at bay.
This is sorta fraught for me because I've always been a non-shopper (I literally have not been to a mall or box store in at least a decade) and I've always been satisfied with very modest living, but this has sort of excavated the "extravagance" of my bong and bowl and paraphernalia habits of my teens and early 20s. But now I am much older and am in a different place, and less limited in a number of ways. Vape collecting started for me with the vape mail ban and the understanding that several of the vapes I was interested in had recently gone out of production, so i focused there first and found a few of them (nonavongs, Lotus, triihouse, etc).

And then everyone kept making cool shit, so here I am. The good thing is I have very few regrets. One or two choices don't really work for me, everything else is well-loved, if not all well-used. Glad to be here with you in the cash pit!

budski

cantre member
One or two choices don't really work for me, everything else is well-loved, if not all well-used. Glad to be here with you in the cash pit!
Well loved if not well used is a great reminder! I was ready to sell a couple vapes to finance the ongoing addiction but, I've used every vape I own this weekend to keep VAS at bay,,, The FireFly 2+ got enough love that maybe I will download the app, it is unique. The starry4 was a regret till I put beads in the ceramic wpa to use as a mouth piece, which I found to work on my AVLP also, so I'll keep it and pass the V3s on to a new loving home.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
At the beginning of my vaping journey, I thought I'd get a few vapes, a few pieces of glasss, and be set. What I didn't count on was how much fun glass, vapes, grinders, etc. are. I was fussing about VAS, or GAS, or something, and how I was "about done", when my youngest asked "Why? It's your hobby. That's what hobbies are, you buy stuff." I looked around, and saw what friends and family that knit, sew, Cricut, game, or whatever, spend/put into on their hobby. So, it's a hobby for me. It's been fun, but I have a hobby account and only spend from there, so it doesn't hurt the budget. It helps that I grow my own flower, press rosin, and make edibles. All part of the hobby, it significantly cuts costs, and I know what I'm consuming.

MinnBobber

If anyone with surging VAS is interested, Troy and Jerry's show on twitch is going over a holiday vape wishlist tonight. 9pm est.

Now, once they get high, anything goes... but it's always a fun time. They tend to go heavy on their sponsors.
Can you please post how to easily get there??
Is Twitch the same as new “X” , don’t even know the new name?

I am emphasizing easy…. I am in a grief fog as my wife passed away and my E skills are horseshit when I am 100%

Even easy stuff is very hard right now.
Thanks

mixchu69

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Can you please post how to easily get there??
Is Twitch the same as new “X” , don’t even know the new name?

I am emphasizing easy…. I am in a grief fog as my wife passed away and my E skills are horseshit when I am 100%

Even easy stuff is very hard right now.
Thanks

Here you go. So very sorry for your loss.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Sorry, just got back to the thread after the show. The Twitch link is the best to use. Youtube is an asshole about weed content, particulary when people are actively vaping. Often times only part of the show is on youtube and then they transfer to Twitch for the vaping. The active chat is fun too.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

fangorn

ok.. I was bored last night...
I made a list of all the vapes I've owned... I'm sure some are missing, but not many, and not even sure!

I have a third left! there are plenty of them that I haven't kept for very long...
and I ended up with severe DMAS...
hoping this all calms down! this will undoubtedly involve moving away from FC!

January 2019 - dynavap shadow
January 2019 - Mighty
August 2019 - Grasshopper
March 2020 - Tinymight
March 2020 - Portside Mini
April 2020 - omni Ti xl
May 2020 - Vaponic+
September 2020 - Vaponic heater
February 2021 - Tafee Bowle
March 2021 - Tetra P80
September 2021 - Dynavap M2020
Dec 2021 - The tester
Jan 2022 - Herbie V2
Feb 2022 - Xmax V3 pro
April 2022 - Fw7
April 2022 - Anvil
May 2022 - Toad #22
Oct 2022 - Vapman Walnut
Oct 2022 - Terpedo
Feb 2023 - BCG ss
April 2023 - Vapman Custom
July 2023 - Vietnam pipe
July 2023 - Lotus olive tree
August 2023 - Proxy
Oct 2023 - Fw9
Nov 2023 - Tempest
Nov 2023 - The Wand
Nov 2023 - Blue Lotus
Nov 2023 - Nomad #008
Nov 2023 - Okin #049
Dec 2023 - Nomad #32
Jan 2024 - Pear Vapman
Jan 2024 - Toad #101
March 2024 - Vapman station

Last edited:

hoptimum

I made a list of all the vapes I've owned... I'm sure some are missing, but not many, and not even sure!

I have a third left! there are plenty of them that I haven't kept for very long...

January 2019 - Mighty
March 2020 - Tinymight
April 2020 - omni Ti xl
May 2020 - Vaponic+
March 2021 - Tetra P80
Dec 2021 - The tester
Jan 2022 - Herbie V2
Feb 2022 - Xmax V3 pro
April 2022 - Fw7
April 2022 - Anvil
May 2022 - Toad #22
Oct 2022 - Vapman Walnut
Oct 2022 - Terpedo
Feb 2023 - BCG ss
July 2023 - Vietnam pipe
August 2023 - Proxy
Oct 2023 - Fw9
Nov 2023 - Tempest
Nov 2023 - The Wand
Nov 2023 - Blue Lotus
Nov 2023 - Nomad #008
Nov 2023 - Okin #049
Dec 2023 - Nomad #32
Jan 2024 - Pear Vapman
Jan 2024 - Toad #101

how do you decide which vaporizers you want?

hoptimum,

fangorn

@fangorn Ok, several Toads and Nomads... how?
🤣:shrug:
If I wanted to do it again, it would be impossible!!! Really...
But... passion, opportunism, luck and patience... and I sold a lot of vape and saved!
and a perfect alignment of the planets of course!!

how do you decide which vaporizers you want?
wow!
This is a difficult question !!

when you see my list... you see it's been a long journey...

each vaporizer led me to discover a little more about what I wanted or didn't want, and to get closer to my ideal vaporizer...
I am lucky to have restricted myself to using portable vaporizers. I had the chance to try all the “best” portable vapes.

initially I wanted efficiency, portability and clouds.
I had a shift with taste... and I wanted the cleanest materials possible too.
then I tried to hit it a little harder than I was used to... but the taste came back as the first argument...
then I rejected all the electronics...
at first, I didn't like using the torch... and what I have left today, there is the Vapman, the Lotus and the Terpedo or the Okin... which are all used with a torch lighter... and Dan Morrison... unregulated...

I bought a Vapman in pear wood again yesterday... so the VAS is not finished... but it shouldn't go in all directions anymore...

after 5 years of trying... I know myself a little better 🤣

Durbandream

January 2019 - Mighty
March 2020 - Tinymight
April 2020 - omni Ti xl
May 2020 - Vaponic+
March 2021 - Tetra P80
Dec 2021 - The tester
Jan 2022 - Herbie V2
Feb 2022 - Xmax V3 pro
April 2022 - Fw7
April 2022 - Anvil
May 2022 - Toad #22
Oct 2022 - Vapman Walnut
Oct 2022 - Terpedo
Feb 2023 - BCG ss
July 2023 - Vietnam pipe
August 2023 - Proxy
Oct 2023 - Fw9
Nov 2023 - Tempest
Nov 2023 - The Wand
Nov 2023 - Blue Lotus
Nov 2023 - Nomad #008
Nov 2023 - Okin #049
Dec 2023 - Nomad #32
Jan 2024 - Pear Vapman
Jan 2024 - Toad #101
Could you compare the Toad to the TM2? The Toad is actually the only new vape I'm interested in since I just got the TM2 and while it isn't fragile, it isn't exactly rugged either and I've heard the Toad is basically indestructible because of the simple design so I thought that would be a better portable on-demand convection device.

Durbandream,

fangorn

Could you compare the Toad to the TM2? The Toad is actually the only new vape I'm interested in since I just got the TM2 and while it isn't fragile, it isn't exactly rugged either and I've heard the Toad is basically indestructible because of the simple design so I thought that would be a better portable on-demand convection device.
Yes, the Toad is indestructible. and apart from the oxidation of certain parts (easily cleanable), nothing will prevent its optimal functioning. it is not regulated however. the taste, especially with low heating, is excellent almost throughout a session. I didn't have TM2.

fangorn,

Jojofernz

Yes, the Toad is indestructible. and apart from the oxidation of certain parts (easily cleanable), nothing will prevent its optimal functioning. it is not regulated however. the taste, especially with low heating, is excellent almost throughout a session. I didn't have TM2.
Not to derail the thread but did you prefer the low or high heater or would you say it’s worth getting both if you get one?

Jojofernz,
Top Bottom