Discontinued Vaporstar Vaporizer

Bananiq

jx80 said:
You think it would overheat it and lead to combustion?
That's not the main case. I refer to that even with 1 torch, my friends and (admittedly, sometimes I as well) have burned my vaporstar all the way around...I think I will reduce points of durability of VS when torch used in my review, because the VS isnt design to be used with torch. However, quite big margin in terms of the taste between torch / bic lighters exists... .. Additionally, 2 torches would be complete disaster for VS ... the VS's metal cap has 1 hole, which is even for 1 torch flame quite narrow. I cannot imagine how there is possibility to succesfully point 2 torch flames into the VS metal cap's hole, without burning the wood.

Bananiq,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I've never had a problem using a torch. But then again I never aim the flame directly down at the Vaporstar. I tend to blow the flame perpendicular to the opening, sucking any excess heat off the torch. This way I don't run the risk of combustion or lighting the wooden bowl on fire.

DevoTheStrange,

Bananiq

I use the same method, but from the opposite reason. I think the temperature is higher when the flame is more far aaway from VS.. I didnt achieve so effective heat-up when I aim the flame directly into the metal cap

Bananiq,

alex314

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm going to buy my first vape, I've been reading a lot but I could not find answers to my questions, I'm concerned about health issues related to the Vaporstar metal cap, for instance:

I know that it's made of steel, and I also know that steel is made of an alloy of several metals (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alloy_steel), so how do we know that when the cap gets near 200C/250C it's not releasing metal particles into the air flow? That you can't taste them doesn't mean that they aren't there...

Other concern I've is if the cap is painted in some way with a silver style paint, for the same reason as before, it would left traces of it's components in the air flow.

The same kind of questions apply to the rubber seal that is attached to the glass pipe, when it's get warmed, does it release particles in the air flow?

I don't want to seem paranoid, but I know that those kind of things increases the chances of developing some deseases...

Well, I'm looking forward to see your thoughts...

alex314,

Bananiq

thats a good question. AFAIK the stainless steel oxidizes @ around 800 degrees Celsius (depending on the alloy ingredients) allowing some microparticles to be released. Mine's VS metal cap is different color like it was new.. its more brownish. - thats the sign of oxidation

Bananiq,

CrazyFingers

you sure the color change isn't from using a bic lighter? that'll leave some soot because of the incomplete combustion of the butane..

EDIT... nevermind... just saw your comment saying you use a jet lighter.

CrazyFingers,

Bananiq

yes, I find Jet-lighter to be better source for lighter powered vapes. Anyway this issue about stainless steel @ higher temps is still not clear for me... could someone with better insight into this enlighten us?

Bananiq,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
There's a lot of info about stainless steel in the PD thread, although it is a huge thread and that unit doesn't get as hot as a flame. Stainless steel has been used in smoking pipes for ages. If the unit is made of stainless steel then I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

stickstones,

Beezleb

Been looking for a good way to clean a vaporstar. Any good comments or hints on that or just soak in ISO?

Beezleb,

FEAR420

Beezleb said:
Been looking for a good way to clean a vaporstar. Any good comments or hints on that or just soak in ISO?
Take the screen out,burn it clean. Put some iso on a q-tip and rub the inside of the VS clean. :D Cap can also be burned clean from the underside.

FEAR420,

Beezleb

Thanks, borrowed mine out and got a call from the person crying saying they broke it. That it just would no longer work from the lid. I figure its just needs cleaned as it has never been cleaned but wanted to make sure I was along the right lines in thinking when it comes to cleaning it.

Thanks again FEAR!

Beezleb,

Bananiq

Im cleaning vaporstar like I plug up the end with a finger and pour some alcohol into vaporstar, then rub it insides with cotton-ear-toothpicks - or how its proper labeled in english. VS is nicely clean afterwards, instead of booze you can use some herbal-extract alcohol tinctures like tea-tree oil for some 'more medical' aromatherapy sessions .. :brow:

Bananiq,

MasterJake

I've had a vaporstar for quite awhile and I like it alot . Gives me 5 - 6 good hits per bowl and no warm up time . Well worth the $50 in my opinion .

MasterJake,

alex314

alex314 said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm going to buy my first vape, I've been reading a lot but I could not find answers to my questions, I'm concerned about health issues related to the Vaporstar metal cap, for instance:

I know that it's made of steel, and I also know that steel is made of an alloy of several metals (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alloy_steel), so how do we know that when the cap gets near 200C/250C it's not releasing metal particles into the air flow? That you can't taste them doesn't mean that they aren't there...

Other concern I've is if the cap is painted in some way with a silver style paint, for the same reason as before, it would left traces of it's components in the air flow.

The same kind of questions apply to the rubber seal that is attached to the glass pipe, when it's get warmed, does it release particles in the air flow?

I don't want to seem paranoid, but I know that those kind of things increases the chances of developing some deseases...

Well, I'm looking forward to see your thoughts...
Finally I ordered a VaporStar and got it 20 days latter, I used it a few times by now, and I'm AMAZED about the high I get with this vape, a clean high and I don't get sleepy.

The steel cap doesn't seems like it will release anything in the air flow, I can't tell for sure, but it doesn't get so hot as I thought.

It will save me a lot of money in bud, I used a weight scale to test it: To fill half a bowl I need less than 0.1g, and I can get like 6 hits from it. With that amount of weed I would only get a long hit from a joint and I would not get as high.

Probably I'll buy an extra VS to have in stock :)

It's my first vape, so I think it's natural that I notice such a great difference with smoking.

For anyone in doubt, well: Try it, it's great.

alex314,

Bananiq

alex314 you remind me myself :D VS was my first vape as well... Im sure it will be your favorite toy... keep vaping bro. :)

Bananiq,

caseball2051

looking into this little vape for my EHLE.

its been a while since anyone posted here. any additional thoughts besides whats here already?

Is there a glass setup similiar to this out there that I can buy? I saw the clear dome thread, but it seems to not be for sale anymore. any help appreciated.

caseball2051,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
caseball2051 said:

its been a while since anyone posted here. any additional thoughts besides whats here already?

Is there a glass setup similiar to this out there that I can buy? I saw the clear dome thread, but it seems to not be for sale anymore. any help appreciated.

Actually there is a glass Setup... its called the Vapo-Bowl. almost the exact same set up as the VS except the bowl is glass. I have yet to hear any reviews on this product but It looks like it will work exactly the same way.

http://www.azarius.net/headshop/vaporizers/portable_vaporizers/vapobowl/

DevoTheStrange,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
alex314 said:
Finally I ordered a VaporStar and got it 20 days latter, I used it a few times by now, and I'm AMAZED about the high I get with this vape, a clean high and I don't get sleepy.

The steel cap doesn't seems like it will release anything in the air flow, I can't tell for sure, but it doesn't get so hot as I thought.

It will save me a lot of money in bud, I used a weight scale to test it: To fill half a bowl I need less than 0.1g, and I can get like 6 hits from it. With that amount of weed I would only get a long hit from a joint and I would not get as high.

Probably I'll buy an extra VS to have in stock :)

It's my first vape, so I think it's natural that I notice such a great difference with smoking.

For anyone in doubt, well: Try it, it's great.

I'm glad you like it man! It was my first as well, and a great piece to transition to mostly vaporizing. I love the waterpipe style, and the VS lets me use mine in a way that makes some quality vapor and some huge rips.

caseball2051 said:

I actually just bought an Ehle 250 and a diffuser specifically for using the VS. It works perfectly, I can't recommend it enough as a combo.

sneezyjesus,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I dont think the keck clip will hold bowl in because of the shape of the wood.
I've used several sherlocks with my vaporstar and never saw the need for the keck. I was constantly pulling the bowl out to clear the sherlock, and also to spin the bowl between hits.
i like the sherlock from soulshinefamilyglass, its twice the price of the one posted above. but its shorter and is made from pretty thick glass.
however I think the above link has an advantage over the other sherlocks I have tried. Its length. It is really hard to see what you are doing with the shorter sherlocks, makes you almost cross eyed to pay attention. I had grown used to watching my Vaporstar vaporizing through the glass. Much harder to do with with short sherlocks.

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom