Vaporizing makes me stupid...

ledzepploid

Vaporizing makes me stupid...albeit temporarily.

I get high 3-4 times a month. (It's a weekend thing really).
I use a vapor brothers hands free in conjunction with a glass bong.
I generally hit it pretty much repeatedly 10-15 times, whist trying my hardest not to combust.

My high seems to last between 2 and 3 hours, during which time I stare at a tree, play my guitar and watch The Life and Times of Tim over and over again whilst laughing like a hyena and munching my way through a copious amount of biscuits.

It's after this I am left in a state which I don't particularly like. I feel somewhat lethargic, unable to motivate myself to accomplish even the smallest of tasks, such as placing a frozen pizza in the oven or playing my guitar. Also making conversation is really challenging, even if the topic of conversation were to be about how great a guitarist I am (which has never happened, but I hold out hope), I struggle that much with combining words together to make a sentence that I just cant be bothered to converse with people.

This lasts for around 3 hours! :o

The only way to alleviate my vapor hangover is to refill and go again on my vape, but this merely postpones my 3 hour stupidity until later in the day.

Does anybody else get this or is it just me?

ledzepploid,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i too sometimes experience the "burnt out" feeling after a good deal of self indulging. It usually passes without incident, but it can be hindering to ones socialness.

stroh,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
You combust yourself with munchies... (they induce chemicals like amphetamines, endorphines... etc.) Thats why you are burnt out... Because you get hungry... but instead of feeding yourself you are just filling your stomack with various crap... Buy some adaptogen.(like gin seng) eat only fresh food (at least 51%) Stay away from meat and diary as much as you can... and then tell me if you are getting burnt out..
If your are weak and malnutritioned ... starving for vitamins and minerals.. you just cannot endure getting high especially if you are tobacco user,.... reduced bloodflow, narrow bloodpaths , weakend respiratory functions.. etc..
Have in mind that the acceptance of vape with its chemical compounds in body is some kind of digestion... So don't mix it with crap food that stays in your stomack for days... You will lead your body to chemical overload... and your brain with get the lime in the coconut...

Abysmal Vapor,

Nycdeisel

The food(or munchies :cool:) that you eat does have a big effect on how you feel.

Its very important to stay hydrated as well, a good strategy would be to just always have some cold water within reach. Many people also routinely sip between hits if they want to soothe their throat.

Try to eat some real food about an hour BEFORE you partake, this may help to keep you from OVER indulging after wards. One may also mistake thirst for hunger at times, so keep that in mind.

I find smoking leaves me really burnt out, not so much vapor but it could with the right amount early enough in the day, but its still very different from a 'smoke hangover'

In addition to what else you put in your body before, during, or after, dont forget that you have absolutely NO tolerance, therefor its easy for you to take in too much, since you dont have a lot of practice/experience, its hard to gauge things like that.

Nycdeisel,

djonkoman

I call that the aftereffect, some of my friends call it the afterspace or afterstone
I have it especially with combustion but much less wih vaping wch is one of the reasons I like vaping more
however, I get it more when I vape bigger amounts
so maybe you're misjudging the potency of vapor, try to vape less at a time
for example try to just take a few hits, 1-3, and wait 15-30 minutes and see how you feel and if you're high enough

djonkoman,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
I agree with the others, it's probably more a matter of what and how you eat and also your overall health state.

I would recommend you follow the advices from Abysmal and Nycdeisel. Eat well, drink a lot of water and do some exercise.

I was (and sometimes still) experiencing what the OP described, and usually it's because I ate clown shit or something like that during the day... lol

Vaporisateur,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I think you'd benefit from vaporizing at lower temperatures. Your description indicates to me that you are at the high end, thus getting a lot of the components that cause the couch-lock dopey feeling. At low temperatures you'll get more of a clear head high, which for me actually leaves me more energetic. Turn that knob back to the lowest temperature that gives you vapour and see if that helps. You won't get thick vapour but you will get high.

pakalolo,

Abysmal Vapor

pakalolo said:
I think you'd benefit from vaporizing at lower temperatures. Your description indicates to me that you are at the high end, thus getting a lot of the components that cause the couch-lock dopey feeling. At low temperatures you'll get more of a clear head high, which for me actually leaves me more energetic. Turn that knob back to the lowest temperature that gives you vapour and see if that helps. You won't get thick vapour but you will get high.
:) The less the combustion the stronger the effects... :D I want only uncut dope and pure combustion free vapors ..

Abysmal Vapor,

max

Out to lunch
Abysmal Vapor said:
:) The less the combustion the stronger the effects... :D I want only uncut dope and pure combustion free vapors ..
You either have combustion, or you don't. With combustion, you're smoking, not vaping. With vaping, the effects don't always vary by strength. Different compounds release at different temps, so depending on the temp, you can get slightly different effects, but stronger wouldn't be the best description in all cases.

max,

Abysmal Vapor

Pure is stronger for me because... it makes me feel the effects more clear... not distracted by combustion chemicals :D .. Better health stronger effect..
Pure crack is way better than cut...

Abysmal Vapor,

max

Out to lunch
The lower the temp, the less active compounds you get. That goes for the good stuff as well as the bad. At some point you're actually getting less THC as well. And you'd have to be using one of the few models that provide a really accurate temp, to know what temp you're getting, as far as staying below toxin levels. In general though, I'd agree that avoiding the high temp range is going to provide a cleaner high. As for pure crack being better than cut, that analogy really doesn't apply here. We're not talking about diluting the cannabis with oregano or something. Now if you could vape crack instead of smoking it, we might have grounds for comparison. ;)

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
ginseng is good, also spirulina is excellent, and of course water and lots of it. drinking tea is excellent but i tend to prefer water. to a degree mindset plays a big role; try and partake while involved in an activity that you like and with friends that are also involved in that activity. sitting around by yourself with nothing to do but watch tv and veg out is ok once in a while but it's not really getting the most of of vaping. if you're going to trance out at least focus the trancing out on something of value to you - like painting, writing, playing an instrument, etc. if you play an instrument get a copy of "band in a box" and play along with the rhythm accompaniment. anything of nutritional value - by that i mean reading a good book for example, or taking a walk. all of this is a form of nutrition. they used to say "set and setting" was key to having a good LSD trip and the same thing applies with vapor but to a much lesser extent. set as in mindset and setting as in what's going on around you and where you are.

do you get stuck in the paralysis of analysis trip? if you do and that's common because weed opens your mind, try and introduce solutions into the mind movie and you'll see that this itself will energize and propel you.

jeffp,

Nosferatu

ITS PROBABLY THE WEED! If you you are smoking top shelf club cannabis you need to stop. Since going to organic cannabis its been night and day. The chemicals clubs are using to get their bud so strong just isnt good. First of all the chemicals will have an effect on your brain and also now the weed has an abnormally high percentage of THC. It would NEVER grow like this in nature. You need to go to outdoor organically grown weed which you will find out is actually DANKER and smoother/tastier. If you cant get outdoor at least find an organic indoor collective. Mother nature grows herb the best way, and the plant obviously wants to attract humans, so just let nature do its thing. You'll finnaly say goodbye to memory loss, dependence, loss of appetite when sober, weed hangovers, litterally ANY bad side effects associated with the herb. Like the food you eat the herb you ingest must be organic, local, and fresh. Plus a vape is already getting 3 times as many actives about. Its just too strong these days. Go back to basics.

Nosferatu,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
What you are saying is actually profound and valid IMHO but most of us are in a situation where we can only get what we can get. I am more concerned with questionable pesticides from outdoor growth than unnaturally amped up herb but I totally get what you are saying.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

I completely agree with both of you^^ If I could, I would be getting the best there is, but unfortunately law varies greatly between locations in this country.

They both are very similar, though, jeff. I am concerned with both but I cant do much about it here.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
I completely agree with both of you^^ If I could, I would be getting the best there is, but unfortunately law varies greatly between locations in this country.

They both are very similar, though, jeff. I am concerned with both but I cant do much about it here.

That's why I keep saying that you and I should live the same 20 minutes from each other in another state... :)

jeffp,

typslikdis

Nosferatu said:
ITS PROBABLY THE WEED!
[...]
Mother nature grows herb the best way, and the plant obviously wants to attract humans, so just let nature do its thing. You'll finnaly say goodbye to memory loss, dependence, loss of appetite when sober, weed hangovers, litterally ANY bad side effects associated with the herb. Like the food you eat the herb you ingest must be organic, local, and fresh. Plus a vape is already getting 3 times as many actives about. Its just too strong these days. Go back to basics.

Does the plant want to attract humans? I couldn't imagine why, unless getting its flowers cut off and burned up was part of its natural life cycle. Regarding potency, couldn't you just vape less of it at a time? As far as I know, the side effects you listed are generally linked to usage patterns/dosage, not simply potency. Another possibility that crosses my mind is that the naturally-grown weed you describe contains a mix of cannabinoids et al. different from that of man-made cultivars.

typslikdis,

Abysmal Vapor

LSD is the key from our home :)... The main thing that happens to me is model building.. I can almost see the build of things on atomic level.. The brain get so much power that.. it can sense the slightest chance in the perimeter.. That is what i guess the non-stop model building visual experience.. As long as bad tripping never happend to me even on double drop... Some people just cannot accept how active their brain can be... That like running fast... :) Everybody can,, few do it ...
I like to nutrition myself with super foods on LSD.. .I feel every aspect on them... The canals to the the brain... LSD for me is like an engine... oil.. It makes things work but you still need fuel...
I use LSD as a microscope and telescope to zoom in and out my life,time and surroundings , actions and joyfulness .
When i vape on lsd.. I can tell all the molecules by name that are entering my body :D..

Abysmal Vapor,

Smokey

Cloud Master
*off-topic* Abys, you look like an introspective guy, I never been into psychedelics but lately my curiosity towards them has grown exponentially, I really like to use brain too and I would like to extract some DMT, they say if you can manage that, it is a gateway to deep wisdom, have you ever tried it?

Smokey,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
typslikdis said:
Nosferatu said:
ITS PROBABLY THE WEED!
[...]
Mother nature grows herb the best way, and the plant obviously wants to attract humans, so just let nature do its thing. You'll finnaly say goodbye to memory loss, dependence, loss of appetite when sober, weed hangovers, litterally ANY bad side effects associated with the herb. Like the food you eat the herb you ingest must be organic, local, and fresh. Plus a vape is already getting 3 times as many actives about. Its just too strong these days. Go back to basics.

Does the plant want to attract humans? I couldn't imagine why, unless getting its flowers cut off and burned up was part of its natural life cycle. Regarding potency, couldn't you just vape less of it at a time? As far as I know, the side effects you listed are generally linked to usage patterns/dosage, not simply potency. Another possibility that crosses my mind is that the naturally-grown weed you describe contains a mix of cannabinoids et al. different from that of man-made cultivars.

I don't think it does want to attract humans- we've made it like it is, and have been doing so ever since we first started to use the plant in the Himalayas area and transport it elsewhere. If it wasn't for early humans selective breeding and use it would look NOTHING like it does today- even all the landraces that were smoked in first three quarters of the 20th century. Even then it was virtually as domesticated and 'man made' as the domestic cow, modern maize or pet toy dog. And it doesn't take long if you leave cannabis to it's own devices to breed naturally that you end up with absolute shite- it's a pretty genetically diverse species.

WatTyler,

Abysmal Vapor

WatTyler said:
typslikdis said:
Nosferatu said:
ITS PROBABLY THE WEED!
[...]

I don't think it does want to attract humans- we've made it like it is, and have been doing so ever since we first started to use the plant in the Himalayas area and transport it elsewhere. If it wasn't for early humans selective breeding and use it would look NOTHING like it does today- even all the landraces that were smoked in first three quarters of the 20th century. Even then it was virtually as domesticated and 'man made' as the domestic cow, modern maize or pet toy dog. And it doesn't take long if you leave cannabis to it's own devices to breed naturally that you end up with absolute shite- it's a pretty genetically diverse species.
Plants do attract ... For example there is a historical peak bound to shamanizm near my town.. There is growing.. wild cubensis.. That is called the Wolf's tooth .. because it look like it.. Its very hard to notice because its a very small mushroom.. But once you eat a couple.. i can hear them almost calling me.. and its so easy to find them...
On lsd, mescalin , etc.. .Like the bee knows where the juice is :DI can sense the nutrition everywhere... I can swear that i am gettin fed even by inhaling the flowers pollen :).. When i eat a fruit,,,. i feel the vitamins bursting through my system.. giving it power... If we are made of dirt (like many religions suggest) then we are like plants.. They grow from earth too.. So they are kind of the missing pieces of the puzzle of the super human...

For DMT just check the alibaba.com There is also nice shulgin stuff but.. like 2cb-fly ,2-cb, DOM, 2c-i, etc :)
Pure dmt is nothing like ayahuasca or changa..
Safest to try is Acetone extraction on yopo seeds... than pour on some herb... That is changa..
Its very easy to overdose with these stuff.. so i dont recomend if you are not an experienced user...
Also i think you better ask in ethnobotanicals thread :D.. because this knowledge is dangerous and should not be accesible for the ones that are not seekin it..

Abysmal Vapor,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
This is one of the more interesting threads I have ever read on FC. Ever since the beginning of my smoking "career" I feel like so many of the actions I take in life are directed to making my cannabis use more acceptable, and to making my highs and experiences more enjoyable, and productive.

To a non cannabis user, this might seem obsessive or unhealthy, as it means one is devoting a fair amount of time to pondering the drug they use, and that the drug is effecting their lives. Key word: effecting. Not effecting negatively. But we all know the saying that goes something like "if you do something enough that it effects any aspect of your life, then you do it too much" that wasn't verbatim but you get the point. This saying is now fairly ridiculous in retrospect. Me being a borderline obsessive compulsive (not really but I like everything done right and i tend to worry a lot) The thoughts, steps and actions I have taken and take have only led to positive things. I eat healthier, work harder in school, and ponder my future more, as well as try to avoid unhealthy situations and maintain realistic and healthy friendships. This has all come from my cannabis use, in 2 ways.

One way is simply my idea that if I have a better and well rounded life, then when I smoke I will be happier all around, and thus will have a better high, untainted by any other problems. Im the kind of person who won't smoke after getting a bad grade or in a bad setting with people I don't like, I like everything to be perfect, although this is more so during the year when Im a weekend smoker, during the summer I indulge more and the situation becomes less exciting, which I don't like.

The other way is pretty similar, it comes from my overcompensation when trying to avoid the typical stereotypes associated with cannabis users. Ie. stupidity, bad grades, poor hygiene, bad social skills, no future etc. In my attempts to avoid these, I overcompensate, avoiding situations that could let me fall into any of these pretty nonsensical associations with cannabis users. This means, I wont ever smoke on a school night or during the school week as I can't shake the feeling it will hurt my school work. I impose upon myself restrictions as to when I can use, and try to adhere, usually failing which only brings me negative associations.

Im glad someone was brave enough to post something that reported negative effects of marijuana, as I have to say I have had a few negative experiences lately with medical grade cannabis. Not panic attacks, but simply feeling "not so great" while high, more like a chemical and less like a beneficial plant with an array of chemicals to guide me through my high.

I have always been a fan of herbs and their benefits, and when someone brought up the adaptogen ginseng, I found it stupid that I stopped taking it as soon as the school year ended, along with rosemary and my large consumption of green tea, all meant to make me perform better in school, which I noticed no real difference although my grades were very good.

To conclude the poorly articulated, organized, and composed, overly long piece of writing - cannabis is a drug that effect everyone differently, just because it effects someone in a negative way, doesn't mean they can't change aspects about their lifestyle, and usage to better suit their bodies restrictions when it comes to the chemicals found in the drug. Whether it is fostering new friendships with people who don't only binge on the drug to escape, or changing ones unhealthy diet, there are endless steps to enhance ones experience with cannabis.

I am sure many of the statements or claims I have made have been false, since I just wrote so much and didn't go through it with a microscope to avoid offending anyone or misrepresenting any facts. So when reading this I hope some can relate or take away from this post, and those who have a problem with anything I said feel free to respond but note that it was most-likely formed through my haste and not through my lack of knowledge or intent to offend.

PhishCactus,

ledzepploid

My 3 hour stupidity "after stone :brow:" has sparked quite a debate spanning several interesting topics.

I'm not sure what top self cannabis is, to be honest I don't know what I am vaping. Its whatever I can get hold of at the time really.

So other than what cannabis want's, religion and acid trips. To recap I need to:

• Eat well an hour beforehand (Why an hour? It's not like I'm going swimming).[/*]
  • Pack less in my vape (since I vape only 3-4 times a month I have low tolerance).[/*]
  • Vape at a lower temperature (is there a magic setting on the hands free vapor brothers?).[/*]
  • Take a few hits, 1-3, and wait 15-30 minutes and see how I feel and if I'm high enough.[/*]
  • Eat something of nutritional value instead of "clown shit :lol:" whilst I vape.[/*]
  • Drink plenty of water and/or tea.[/*]

Thanks for the suggestions, I will give it a try now and see what happens.

ledzepploid,

Nosferatu

typslikdis said:
Nosferatu said:
ITS PROBABLY THE WEED!
[...]

Well because we spread its seed. That's basically what all plants want. Could you vape less at a time, ya you could, but I got so bored of not being able to take more than two hits and got sick of vaping. As for side effects that depends on the person, how much they use, and how strong the weed is, but what I meant is it allows you to use SO much more until your at the same level of side effects. But from personal experience I believe weed with extra chemicals in it has a few extra side effects, but those have come to be associated with all weed in general these days, sadly.

Right now I'm smoking inddor organic. Inddors not the devil its just Indoor plus artificial chemicals/nutrients, plus the grower doing everything to maximize potency. Your basically getting a super bud, which is great, but to use 1-5 times a day, everyday? I dunno? If your a chronic user I would look into organically grown bud, preferably outdoor.

Nosferatu,
Top Bottom