Vaporizing liquids and powders

Hi there,

I have lurked this board for a few days - and it's a great place to learn extraordinary things about the vaporizer world.

However, probably unlike most of you guys, I am interested in vaporizing various alkaloids and other chemicals (which I have in pure powdered form). I'm mostly talking about RCs here, and I'd like this topic to concentrate on how to do it, rather than why do it. The "why" is a personal decision.

There are two possible directions I want to investigate:
(a) placing the powder directly in the bowl
(b) dissolving the powder into propylene glycol (the same way the e-cigarette liquid is made) and vaping this liquid

The Volcano can handle (I guess) both of this methods, through special screens (i.e. the screen for liquids), but the whole thing is pretty damn expensive. I'd go with it if there would not be any reliable alternative, still I need to check if other vaporizers can do the job as well.

I'm basically interested as alternative in Extreme Q 4.0, but I'm open to other suggestions. The main criteria is, as I previously specified, liquid/powder vaping.

Edit: A few people suggested small lighter-based vaporizers for this task. However, I'm more interested in a convection vaporizer; with the lighter-based ones, I just don't like the lack of control over the temperature, and the fact that the (dense) smoke doesn't have the time to cool down a little, hence burning throat. That's something I really hate about the usual DMT pipes as well.

So, please let me rephrase: Does the Extreme Q, or any other good convection vaporizer, offer this kind of functionality that can be achieved with Volcano's liquid filling chamber (or able to use liquid pads)?

RandomDude,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
The way that you would accomplish it with a cano would be from the medium it uses for 'concentrates' (which is similar to a brillo pad/steel wool) I would say either start experimenting with the PG/VG solution or using something like a steel wool pad, or better yet - a small bed of herb or ABV. I would say a good consensus of us here use the ABV bed route to vape our concentrates unless we have a vape specifically for it.

In that case - the Eclipse vape sounds perfect for you.

AGBeer,

Egzoset

Banned
I've used depleted ABV or depleted tobacco as a substrate for noble goo, i'm not sure how i'd proceed with dry powder though.

:peace:

Egzoset,
Very helpful suggestions, thanks a lot guys!

However, I'm more interested in a convection vaporizer; with the lighter-based ones, I just don't like the lack of control over the temperature, and the fact that the (dense) smoke doesn't have the time to cool down a little, hence burning throat. That's something I really hate about the usual DMT pipes as well.

So, please let me rephrase (as I also edited the first post): Does the Extreme Q, or any other good convection vaporizer, offer this kind of functionality that can be achieved with Volcano's liquid filling chamber (or able to use liquid pads)?

Egzoset said:
I've used depleted ABV or depleted tobacco as a substrate for noble goo, i'm not sure how i'd proceed with dry powder though.
I guess dissolving the powder in a PG/VG solution (as AGBeer confirmed), and a liquid pad for the vaporizer should work.

fiarrhea said:
whats an RC?
It's a Research Chemical (synthetic compounds with similar chemical properties or pharmacological action with the real things).

RandomDude,

Heavyplant

Hi there,

I have lurked this board for a few days - and it's a great place to learn extraordinary things about the vaporizer world.

However, probably unlike most of you guys, I am interested in vaporizing various alkaloids and other chemicals (which I have in pure powdered form). I'm mostly talking about RCs here, and I'd like this topic to concentrate on how to do it, rather than why do it. The "why" is a personal decision.

There are two possible directions I want to investigate:
(a) placing the powder directly in the bowl
(b) dissolving the powder into propylene glycol (the same way the e-cigarette liquid is made) and vaping this liquid

The Volcano can handle (I guess) both of this methods, through special screens (i.e. the screen for liquids), but the whole thing is pretty damn expensive. I'd go with it if there would not be any reliable alternative, still I need to check if other vaporizers can do the job as well.

I'm basically interested as alternative in Extreme Q 4.0, but I'm open to other suggestions. The main criteria is, as I previously specified, liquid/powder vaping.

Edit: A few people suggested small lighter-based vaporizers for this task. However, I'm more interested in a convection vaporizer; with the lighter-based ones, I just don't like the lack of control over the temperature, and the fact that the (dense) smoke doesn't have the time to cool down a little, hence burning throat. That's something I really hate about the usual DMT pipes as well.

So, please let me rephrase: Does the Extreme Q, or any other good convection vaporizer, offer this kind of functionality that can be achieved with Volcano's liquid filling chamber (or able to use liquid pads)?
I too am very interested in this subject, I have searched on and off for a few years after getting heavily into the RC scene. I have a top vapor, its a nice cheap vaporizer that uses a glass whip attachment, its dated by today's standard but does the job. I have been looking for some sort of attachment for allowing vaporization of powder. I started searching back when I was managing to get hold of the now fabled and now impossible to get Tan MDPV. its something that would allow me to vape Rc's from the stimulant category I'm wanting to get my hands on. Not so much synthetic cannaboids as I stay well away from these now days and making herb from powder would b the way to go anyway. If anyone's got any ideas they would b gratefully received. I'm trying to come up with something myself as love tinkering with pipes/bongs ect, but no joy as yet. Like I said I'm interested in attachments for the glass whip style vaporizer, I'm too tight to be buying expensive volcano types of kit.

Heavyplant,
Top Bottom