Vaporizing Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
while it sounds like a good idea to hit your vapor through a water pipe, no water and minimal ice is your best bet thru a bong.

"Many people are surprised to learn that I use no water in my bong when vaporizing. According to a marijuana water-pipe and vaporizer study done by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) and the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), water tends to absorb THC more readily than it absorbs noxious tars. At first, I didn't believe it either, but I must say, removing the water from my bong when vaporizing does produce stronger effects and even more flavor." - Jason King, The Cannabible. Ten Speed Press, 2001

Rockwise,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Hi Rockwise,
I know that water absorb some thc but my question is how much ...I use ice cold water in my bong (not alot but ) ...and I cant see the diffence for the high when I use water and when I dont use water ...I realize an other thing too... when use water in my bong when I vaporize the water stay totlay clear so In my opinion ,water may absorb thc but not enough to make a diffence .I read allt the study you talk about and the scientis who make those reseach use canabis at (1.5 or 3% thc buds) so If the water absorb 1% of the thc when you have 1.5% It can make a diference but when your canabis got 20% of thc to loose 1% does'nt affect the high ....and water cool down the vapor a lot faster than ice ! so I think the best is to use just lil part of water with ice .
:2c:

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I've looked over some of those studies as well. (http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v06n3/06359mj1.html)

Water absorbing some THC isn't hard to believe, though I'm sure many water pipe aficionados were less than pleased.

When we're vaporizing, there should be very little/no tar to begin with, so it's mainly THC "loss"/absorption to be concerned about, rather than a suboptimal THC:Tar ratio.

For people with very sensitive lungs, I don't think there is a more pleasant way to inhale, than cleanly produced vapor "filtered" through water and ice. Its smoothness is unmatched. The (minimal?) thc loss is well worth the price imo.

I don't have the knowledge/equipment to produce any scientific results, but I've vaporized the same amount of the same herb "dry" one morning and though water the next morning with no noticeable difference in effect. The taste is slightly different to me, but that's more of a smoothness thing.

I've gone through stages of using just water, water + ice, just ice (eventually it melts and you have some water, too :)), imo they're all smoother than dry vapor, but a small amount of water with lots of ice is my favorite at the moment.

If someone is really concerned about the THC stuck in the water, they could pour it into some everclear or something for extraction. Probably not worth the trouble unless you use the same water for a month.

What can I say, I love my frosty vapor. :)

:cheers: Clear_Dome. You know you wanna join the party, Rock. :D

vtac,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
You may lose a little THC, but its all preference whether you want a super smooth hit through a bong, or to just rip a super milky hit from the vape directly and maybe dry your mouth out a bit. I personally like to cool the vape a few degrees by filtering it through a bit of water or just ice or both, it varies. Sometimes if im blowing bags with my extreme i will take the first bag dry, then "filter" the second or third as they are a little "spicier". My :2c:

PS i would love to be at any party max and CD are at, we'd do it right haha

Mr. Smoke No More,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom