Vaporizer with the least smell?

MLark

ShadowLink12 said:
Go with the Launch Box, by far the most discreet. (Smell and size)

Would you recommend a portable to someone who would smoke heavily from it daily? I wouldnt recommend a pipe to a mmj smoker, so wondering if its the same type of thing.

boristheblade said:
I have an Extreme Q and an Iolite. I find the EQ can stink up a room just by warming it up but the Iolite hardly smells at all when i use it.

Really? Do the rest of you find this aswell?
Have you used other vaporizers before. Did you find this only with EQ or generally with them all due to heavy use.

MLark,

hereatlast

Spacenstein said:
The quality of your herb, and the temperature you vape at are the only things that factors into smell.

I completely disagree. I think that low-quality herb at a low-temperature can produce a very noticeable smell FWIW. :2c:

hereatlast,

Spacenstein

hereatlast said:
I completely disagree. I think that low-quality herb at a low-temperature can produce a very noticeable smell FWIW. :2c:

I didn't say anything about specific qualities or temperatures, did I? I said that the type of herb you use, and the temperature you vaporize it at, are the two things that strongly factor into the smell of the vapor/izer.

Spacenstein,

max

Out to lunch
Spacenstein said:
The quality of your herb, and the temperature you vape at are the only things that factors into smell.

If your wand or bowl is caked in resin and abv, then the resin and abv is what smells. Not the wand-- just clean it often.
The 2nd statement contradicts the 1st. While it's true that a dirty vape that smells isn't the fault of the vape design or how it's operated, it IS a factor and your first statement excludes it. We do like to have accuracy in our statements here. ;)

Your first statement also seems to say that a particular quality (good I'm assuming) is needed in order to produce excessive odor. I'd have to join hereatlast in disagreeing with that. High quality or low, it can still smell. And again, how the vape is used is a big factor-big hits and big exhales are a smell factor, no matter what model you're using, and you've excluded that in your statement also.

max,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
My EQ makes my room smell like a dispensary just on the pre-heat alone. My peronal theory is that pieces fall down inside the unit and when you go to pre-heat and use the unit, it is heating up those particles and causing it to smell.

I think my WDZ takes the cake as far as low odor. I can take a stem or two in my room and do not have to worry about my mom walking in. Now, would my room still have a 'weed like' odor...thats probable. Shit, just opening the jar stinks up my place...but it won't be nearly as obvious as the Extreme.

The LB is good, but it does stink up my car when it 'hotbox'. Now, simply leaving the sun roof cracked or a side window down and we are all good. That goes for most vapes. If you keep a little airflow in the room you are in (IE open a window or a fan on low) it will take a good majority of the smell out of the room in my experience.

Spacenstein

max said:
Spacenstein said:

If your wand or bowl is caked in resin and abv, then the resin and abv is what smells. Not the wand-- just clean it often.
The 2nd statement contradicts the 1st. While it's true that a dirty vape that smells isn't the fault of the vape design or how it's operated, it IS a factor and your first statement excludes it. We do like to have accuracy in our statements here. ;)

Your first statement also seems to say that a particular quality (good I'm assuming) is needed in order to produce excessive odor. I'd have to join hereatlast in disagreeing with that. High quality or low, it can still smell. And again, how the vape is used is a big factor-big hits and big exhales are a smell factor, no matter what model you're using, and you've excluded that in your statement also.

With all due respect.. Why did you bring this up a second time.. after I clarified that I was not claiming to any certain type of herb quality or temperature?

I agree that if someone were to vape a low quality herb at a low temperature, the smell could be more dominant than vaping high quality herb at a high temperature. FWIW, it is often times true, and not just a possibility.

Aside from that, my second post made my point clear.. I'm talking about the smell of the vapor and not the resin-caked bowl. If someone were to ask how smelly smoking a bowl in their home would be, would you tell hem to use a short blue bowl instead of a red long bowl? No. Although the bowl has resin on it, and it may smell when you sniff it up close.. the smoke that you created using the bowl is what smells up your house. I may be missing something huge, but it makes no sense to me, to complain about a unit that has seen it's use, smelling, rather than the actual vapor it produces being smelly. For example, a lot of people say the EQ smells greatly when WARMING UP, but no problems when off. The warming up creates vapors or aromas in the room that you can smell-- It isn't the EQ floating around the room smelling.

*EDIT* (reason: forgot to address something)

You could say that big hits and exhales contribute to smell. But IMO, big hits and big exhales always mean more smell. That is common sense to me-- the more vapor you release into the room, the more dominant that smell will become. I don't see how this would be a necessary point to bring up.

--and I did mention this in the third paragraph of my first post.

Spacenstein,
Top Bottom