Vaporizer with the least smell?

MLark

The reason im buying a vaporizer is too avoid the smell of smoke. I know some good vaporizers on the market are Arizer and Da Buddha, but out of them all which is good for producing the smallest smell?

MLark,

lwien

Smell has to do with a few things, the size of the bowl, the quality of your bud, the temp that you vape at, and if the bud is constantly being cooked between hits.

I have not used all the vapes on the market, but from the vapes that I have used and from the reports on the vapes that I have not used, I would suggest the following for vapes that smell the least:

Purple Days
MyrtleZap
Launch Box
Lotus

lwien,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
My Da Buddha can definitely stink up a room, but my Launch Box and my Woodeez don't seem to produce much noticeable odor. I would say the Launch Box would smell a tad more than the Woodeez just because you have more control over the temperature with the Launch Box.

aesthyrian,

MLark

lwien said:
Smell has to do with a few things, the size of the bowl, the quality of your bud, the temp that you vape at, and if the bud is constantly being cooked between hits.

Yeah true, i know, with those being the same across the board though. Thanks for your suggestions.

MLark,

lwien

Taking the stealthiness of the LB out of the equation, do you guys believe that the LB would have a tendency to smell less than the PD/MZ ?

lwien,

caseball2051

i leave my vapes at home when im at school and my dad cannot smell either device when i use it. I tend to lose my sense of smell when I indulge for some reason lol.

caseball2051,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
lwien said:
Taking the stealthiness of the LB out of the equation, do you guys believe that the LB would have a tendency to smell less than the PD/MZ ?

Insofar as the hits are inherantly a little smaller, and therefore exhaled vapor is minimized, I'd say yes.

But I think either type has minimal smell and I wouldn't worry about one being much stronger smelling than the other.

Stu,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
lwien said:

Since the log vapes are a fixed temp and the LB can vary in temp depending on how much capacity the battery holds, how much charge it has, and how long you press it in I would say the LB can definitely smell more than the log vapes. You can't combust with a log vape unless you accidentally drop herb in the heater port, but with the LB you can definitely combust, and while I only did once when I first got my LB I do know it's a possibility.

aesthyrian,

caseball2051

caseball2051 said:
i leave my vapes at home when im at school and my dad cannot smell either device when i use it. I tend to lose my sense of smell when I indulge for some reason lol.

referring to the LB and MZ, sorry.

caseball2051,

LaunchBox420

Quinton
lwien said:

yeah lwien i would say that the LB does not produce the same potency of smell as my walnut purple days does. My launchbox never seems to get reports from people walking into my room saying, " holy it smells in here"...but i have had my PD for about 3 or 4 weeks and i have had around 10 people say it gives of smell. And you dont need to take the stealthiness out of the equation as the purple days is pretty sneaky. I have had 5 people as me why i have an electric candle plugged in with no candle, or why i have a sock warmer hahahah.... so most people that saw a PD or LB would never really know what they were , however i think the LB is more obvious than the PD because it has a visible screen that gives off a more obvious smell. :peace:

LaunchBox420,

Nycdeisel

lwien said:

I dont think so. Because the LB is never fully cleaned it will always retain some smell.

The fact that the PD/MZ/WDZ can stand on its own without any sort of residue is great IMO.

Plus, its def possible to combust or come very close to doing so with the LB, which could cause more odor issues. Its not that much of a problem with the Pd/MZ... basically what aesthyrian said in #11 ^

Nycdeisel,

Gunky

If you use the lb carefully and take short hits, there is little visible vapor or odor. If you go back in the LB thread there are tons of comments about it, and I find it to be true, if you take short draws (and/or dial down if PA).

Gunky,

SmokingElectricity

My LB [itself] stinks to high heaven. enough to smell up a small room, especially when in use.

I vote for a log vape. [myrtlezap, purple days]

If you use water filtration on a DBV, it will reduce the smell greatly then again the whip smells just as bad as the LB.

SmokingElectricity,

djonkoman

just curious... how would a VG relate to a log vape in smell?
(I currently have a VG wich I use a lot indoors without any windows opened, altough I myself have a very bad sense of smell but I never hear from others it smells, except one ocassional smoker friend when I was exhaling clouds of vapor while sitting next to him, and I'm curious of a log vape would give the same low level of smell or even less)

djonkoman,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
From my experience the only smell produced when using a log vape isn't from the vape at all but from your exhale. Large clouds exhaled = smell. Smaller puffs with less exhaled vapor = less smell.

Same for the LB. I can use very discreetly if I take small puffs and don't exhale any vapor but I can also stink up a room with it if I exhale puffy clouds.

Lo,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I think the point made about the LB smelling due to the screen being clogged with herb, and also the resin build up underneath the screen that's nearly impossible to clean, while the log vapes should have no herb or resin build up inside the actual unit, just in the stems which are easy as all hell to clean.

This is the major deal breaker IMO. Plus log vapes can diffuse odors, which would solve any odor problem.

So even with the same exact vapor pulls and temp the log vape itself would still smell just like wood, while the LB would smell, and look like a lot more is going on ;)

aesthyrian,

crawdad

floatin
my vg glass puts out a heavier smell the hotter i get the bowl, so id guess which ever unit has the hotter set point would have the most odor. just a guess.

crawdad,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Definitely MFLB, easy to control temp and make sure hits aren't "harsh" but yeah

Elluzion,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I personally think a log vape generates less smell than a LB. especially if you put the stems away in an airtight container/bag when not in use. The unit itself just smells like wood, and the stems are fairly easy to clean, whereas the LB will develop a bit of an odor after a while and is a bit limited on how well you can really clean it. Sure, you could just put the LB in a bag or something when not in use just as easily as you could the stems...

but the LB is capable of combustion and log vapes arent, as others have pointed out. so it will always have the potential to create WAY more of stink than a set temp vape, if you were to fuck up and leave the battery in or just hit it really really slow i guess.

whip/bag style vapes really seem to build up an odor after a while. smell gets in the tubing/bag quickly. so i'd recommend sticking with something with a short, direct air path, like the vapes mentioned.

steiner666,

boristheblade

I have an Extreme Q and an Iolite. I find the EQ can stink up a room just by warming it up but the Iolite hardly smells at all when i use it.

boristheblade,

Spacenstein

The quality of your herb, and the temperature you vape at are the only things that factors into smell.

If your wand or bowl is caked in resin and abv, then the resin and abv is what smells. Not the wand-- just clean it often.

IME, anything with water filtration smells 20% less. A bong setup will filter out you're huge rip, but keep in mind, you're exhaling a larger amount of vapor too.

-S :2c:

Spacenstein,
Top Bottom