Vaporizer comparison table - can you help complete it, and nitpick what's already there?

OO

Technical Skeptical
Qbit, I see what you are trying to do, but I feel it will not have the effect you desire.

I feel that it is most likely going to mislead those who don't understand the difference between subjectivity and objectivity, and will make them confused, and mislead.

For instance, I still don't understand how for 'vapor production the Herbalaire can be below any of the other plug-in style vapes listed. If any body has one and any of the other vapes, they will tell you that if you take ABV from the others and put it in the HA, you will keep pulling bags.

This is really unfortunate, and will cause frustration for future vaporists.

OO,
Qbit, I see what you are trying to do, but I feel it will not have the effect you desire.

I feel that it is most likely going to mislead those who don't understand the difference between subjectivity and objectivity, and will make them confused, and mislead.

For instance, I still don't understand how for 'vapor production the Herbalaire can be below any of the other plug-in style vapes listed. If any body has one and any of the other vapes, they will tell you that if you take ABV from the others and put it in the HA, you will keep pulling bags.

This is really unfortunate, and will cause frustration for future vaporists.
Some will be misled, but can we worry about every soul flailing about in the pit of illusion? I think it's valuable as long as there is a disclaimer stating that ultimately it is the "world according to Qbit". Really it's just an organized way of distilling what is mainly hearsay and opinions on these forums anyway. I think it is a good objectification of the subjectivity that is the nature of FC, and as long as it is a living document it's much more valuable than the usual marketing hype (though some of that too will inevitably enter into its data).

People are free to ignore it, or reject it if it doesn't jibe with their experience, but I think it is a flawed yet valuable way to compare products. However, I would agree with you in so far as saying it should not be stickied, but should live or die in the forum based on how active this and related threads continue to be - natural selection.

OO

Technical Skeptical
Some will be misled, but can we worry about every soul flailing about in the pit of illusion? I think it's valuable as long as there is a disclaimer stating that ultimately it is the "world according to Qbit". Really it's just an organized way of distilling what is mainly hearsay and opinions on these forums anyway. I think it is a good objectification of the subjectivity that is the nature of FC, and as long as it is a living document it's much more valuable than the usual marketing hype (though some of that too will inevitably enter into its data).

People are free to ignore it, or reject it if it doesn't jibe with their experience, but I think it is a flawed yet valuable way to compare products. However, I would agree with you in so far as saying it should not be stickied, but should live or die in the forum based on how active this and related threads continue to be - natural selection.
I wonder if there is such a thing as the objectification of subjectivity.

I do agree with you though, this does do very much what you say.

I just hope people have a mind of their own, always have.

DreamTime

@Qbit: Thanks for putting this information together. It is a valuable contribution to the community. Hopefully people will take advantage of your work when making a decision about their next vape.

One thing I would personally find very helpful is auto shut off information. I currently have an Extreme Q that can stay on indefinitely, or optionally be set to auto shut off after 2 or 4 hours. It's a feature that is so important to me that I have passed on purchasing a Cloud because the auto shut off is too aggressive (I have severe insomnia and get up a couple of time each night to medicate. Having to waiting while my vape warms up is a deal killer).

DreamTime,

Qbit

cannabanana
@Qbit: Thanks for putting this information together. It is a valuable contribution to the community. Hopefully people will take advantage of your work when making a decision about their next vape.

One thing I would personally find very helpful is auto shut off information. I currently have an Extreme Q that can stay on indefinitely, or optionally be set to auto shut off after 2 or 4 hours. It's a feature that is so important to me that I have passed on purchasing a Cloud because the auto shut off is too aggressive (I have severe insomnia and get up a couple of time each night to medicate. Having to waiting while my vape warms up is a deal killer).

Yeah, sounds like a reasonable candidate for a new column, along with 'minimum warmup time'. Though like others, I'm not going to make it public until I collect enough information about it for the list of vapes. I don't want columns that are mostly blank. So I've added add both of these, but they will remain hidden for now.

Qbit,

Bouldorado

just saw this on r/vaporents on reddit. Congratulations on getting it in the FAQ!

Bouldorado,

Qbit

cannabanana
just saw this on r/vaporents on reddit. Congratulations on getting it in the FAQ!

Hah, just read this. Yeah, congratulations aren't really in order, as I put it there. I'm known as Bit_Chewy on r/vaporents - I'm one of the mods.

Qbit,
Top Bottom