Vaporizer comparison table - can you help complete it, and nitpick what's already there?

Qbit

cannabanana
I've been piecing together this table (with some assistance from members of another forum), listing notable vape brands, both portable and plug-in, with a bunch of columns detailing their specs. But I believe it needs to be run past FC for a truly comprehensive assessment (as well as to spare me from having to looking up every spec).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Al3wiRc9rCx9dEZVeGhKbUU4U19BRmNOcEV0MHY5VGc&output=html

Does the info presented so far seem accurate? And if there are blanks you would fill, what would you put in them? Also, if there are other vapes you feel deserve a place in the list, or a specification that needs its own column, please offer your suggestion.

I'm going to include the results of this thread as well, under the 'vapor production' column:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/i...0-how-would-other-vapes-youve-used-rate.8820/

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Looks like you have some time on your hands, Qbit! I love spreadsheets, too. Interesting.

One quick error I saw was vaporgenie listed as conduction. It's convection. Also the optimal load size for the Cloud so far for me (I'm testing this) is .1-.2g.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: Qbit

Qbit

cannabanana
Looks like you have some time on your hands, Qbit!

Says he with a 3000+ post count.:D

I love spreadsheets, too. Interesting.

One quick error I saw was vaporgenie listed as conduction. It's convection. Also the optimal load size for the Cloud so far for me (I'm testing this) is .1-.2g.

:peace:

Vaporgenie works by convection? Ok, I didn't know that. I'll change it. And I'll add the load size for the Cloud. Mind you, all of the info is subject to change, depending on the general consensus.

Qbit,
Reactions: Stu

Bouldorado

I've read the element on 7th floor vapes gets up to 900F, so the theoretical range on those is 0-900F.

Also I'd add a size/weight column (at least for the portables). A solo really isn't that portable when compared to a pax, and you can't tell that from the table.

Bouldorado,

Qbit

cannabanana
I've read the element on 7th floor vapes gets up to 900F, so the theoretical range on those is 0-900F.

Also I'd add a size/weight column (at least for the portables). A solo really isn't that portable when compared to a pax, and you can't tell that from the table.

Perhaps the element does, but the herb never reaches even close to that kind of temperature.

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana

Sorry for the double post but I missed this point and it was too late to edit my post. Yeah, that's a good idea, the size and weight columns. I'll add them.

mod note: There is no sin if the edit window has closed. ;)

Qbit,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
mflb, iolite are conduction, as the vaporblunts and wispr.

verdamper and minivap are convection.

vorrange,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Theoretically what makes the cloud produce more vapor than the HA?

Because you have the HA listed as moderate-high vapor production, when it can take abv from nearly all those other vapes and pull bags from them.

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Da Vinci is 10 cm tall with no flex-straw. 6 cm wide including power switch. 2.5 cm. thick,
and the weight is 163 grams empty no flex-straw.

MFLB is 6.3cm tall 3.3cm wide and 2.5cm thick including the lid spring (I guess you could call it) And the weight is 30.6 grams no draw tube/empty

1_gr8_underdog,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Missing: vaporfection vivape, thermovapes (all), any/all log vapes, zephyr ion, VHW, aromed 4.0, vapolution 2.0, palm 2.0, vapir mini oxygen, venus vaporizer

Mynameismud,

Qbit

cannabanana
Theoretically what makes the cloud produce more vapor than the HA?

Because you have the HA listed as moderate-high vapor production, when it can take abv from nearly all those other vapes and pull bags from them.

The vapour production column is meant for vapour-to-air ratio, or thickness of vapour. Perhaps it should be renamed if it's confusing. The Herbalaire might be able to produce plenty of vapour, but I get the impression it takes a lot of thinner hits to do so (correct me if I'm wrong).

Qbit

cannabanana
Da Vinci is 10 cm tall with no flex-straw. 6 cm wide including power switch. 2.5 cm. thick,
and the weight is 163 grams empty no flex-straw.

MFLB is 6.3cm tall 3.3cm wide and 2.5cm thick including the lid spring (I guess you could call it) And the weight is 30.6 grams no draw tube/empty

Hang on, do you mean 10cm, and then the stem on top of that, or 10cm from the bottom to the top of the stem? I'm under the impression that it's the former. And how long is the stem? Also, how wide is the unit?

And thanks for doing the MFLB measurements. I could have done them myself, but you've saved me the trouble.

1_gr8_underdog

Hang on, do you mean 10cm, and then the stem on top of that, or 10cm from the bottom to the top of the stem? I'm under the impression that it's the former. And how long is the stem? Also, how wide is the unit?

And thanks for doing the MFLB measurements. I could have done them myself, but you've saved me the trouble.

Yes 10cm is just the DV. It is 15.5cm with the short Flex-straw installed. I don't have the snorkle, but I believe that is 20cm by itself. It is 6cm wide across the front at the widest point. :tup:

1_gr8_underdog,

Qbit

cannabanana
Missing: vaporfection vivape, thermovapes (all), any/all log vapes, zephyr ion, VHW, aromed 4.0, vapolution 2.0, palm 2.0, vapir mini oxygen, venus vaporizer

Vivape added; VHW added; Aromed added; Vapolution 2.0 added; Palm 2.0 added, Venus.

I've added the Thermovape Cera, but I'm not too familiar with the other Thermovape models, and this list is only for vapes that can do herb. I was thinking of doing another table for oil vapes, but it's not a subject I'm familiar with, as I'm not in a region where oil is available (I have to make my own).

The Vapir Oxygen Mini has a poor following and a lousy reputation. I'm not keen on including it in the list.

Now all we need is some specs for these new additions.

Qbit,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Vivape added; VHW added; Aromed added; Vapolution 2.0 added; Palm 2.0 added, Venus.

I've added the Thermovape Cera, but I'm not too familiar with the other Thermovape models, and this list is only for vapes that can do herb. I was thinking of doing another table for oil vapes, but it's not a subject I'm familiar with, as I'm not in a region where oil is available (I have to make my own).

The Vapir Oxygen Mini has a poor following and a lousy reputation. I'm not keen on including it in the list.

Now all we need is some specs for these new additions.

My suggestion, finish the table you got in your hands. Then you can add new models and eventually oil vaporizers.

vorrange,

Qbit

cannabanana
My suggestion, finish the table you got in your hands. Then you can add new models and eventually oil vaporizers.

Yeah fair enough, I'll hold off on adding other vapes for the moment. I've got close to 700 cells in the grid, and possibly less than half filled in so far.

Qbit,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I would still ad the vapir mini, especially if you are going to have the No2 which is basically the minis brother. It may have a bad reputation but it was my first vape and will always have a place in my heart. Also it worked great until i dropped and broke it.
As far as thermovape their old model for flowers is the T1/evo which arent made anymore so no biggie.

I dont have the list on my screen right now and dont know everything but here are some rough specs for the vivape and thermovape
Vivape: mainly botanical, can do oils too but not made for that
Price: 289-400 depending on when/where you buy
Heating Element: glass
Heater style: convection
Heat up: 2 minutes or less
Vaporizer Style: bag/whip
Made in USA

Thermovape Cera: botanical/EO/liquid
Price:250-? depending on added accesories
Heating element: ceramic
Style: convection with some conduction probably
Heat up: 5 seconds to a minute or 2
Vape style: direct draw
Made in USA

Mynameismud,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I would still ad the vapir mini, especially if you are going to have the No2 which is basically the minis brother. It may have a bad reputation but it was my first vape and will always have a place in my heart. Also it worked great until i dropped and broke it.
As far as thermovape their old model for flowers is the T1/evo which arent made anymore so no biggie.

I dont have the list on my screen right now and dont know everything but here are some rough specs for the vivape and thermovape
Vivape: mainly botanical, can do oils too but not made for that
Price: 289-400 depending on when/where you buy
Heating Element: glass
Heater style: convection
Heat up: 2 minutes or less
Vaporizer Style: bag/whip
Made in USA

Thermovape Cera: botanical/EO/liquid
Price:250-? depending on added accesories
Heating element: ceramic
Style: convection with some conduction probably
Heat up: 5 seconds to a minute or 2
Vape style: direct draw
Made in USA

The heating element in the vivape is glass? or is ceramic with glass around? i thought it was the last.

vorrange,

Qbit

cannabanana

Yeah I can understand how it might have had sentimental value for you, but that isn't enough to convince me to add it to the list. I have some sentimental value for a crappy old soldering-iron-under-a-jar vape, which was my first one, a decade ago, but I'm not going to include that or any others of similar quality. There's a plethora of poor-quality vapes out there, and I don't have room (or time) for them all.

Anyway, I've spent a bit of time trawling the vape sites, and have added a bunch of more info. I also discovered the 'hide column' and 'hide row' features. So I've hidden a few of the listed vapes from view until I have more info for them, and I've also hidden some columns - namely 'efficiency', 'size' and 'weight'. I'll un-hide them once I have most of their cells filled.

Qbit,
Reactions: Seek

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
You have the MFLB as costing around $75. That was the old days. I haven't seen it less than a $100 and really closer to $120 in ages.

No big deal really, just providing input. :)

deadheadbill,

1_gr8_underdog

The n02 can be used while charging and has a digital temp control. Load size is .2~.3:tup: The AroMed 4.0 Vaporizer is manufactured by Research & Experience and the heating element is a ultraviolet-free halogen light bulb controlled by a precise microprocessor. I'm Cheating now had to go to the websites to get that info :p

1_gr8_underdog,
Reactions: Enchantre
Top Bottom