Vaporizer After Surgery?

dooballx

Hi All.

My bro just had foot surgery. I assume it okay for him to vape?
He is in severe pain even with the pain meds they gave him.
I think vaping would help with the pain and better blood circulation.. along with his apetite?

Please tell me it is safe. I really need to help him out.

dooballx,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I would have to agree whole heartedly with you NYC. While I realize this is just my experience, I have found that herb has helped me through many surgeries and ailments. As long as you don't overdo with your other prescription drugs, it can't hurt, IMO. And let's face it; after foot surgery, there's going to be prescription drugs. So just be careful and try to rely on the herb instead of the pill. :2c:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: Nycdeisel

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I dont see why it would not be safe. the real danger is from the prescription drug.
No they're not.

*pops some more tramadol*

Seriously though, taken exactly as prescribed, they won't be a problem. I've been on stupid amounts of opiates (and some really strong ones for that matter) and didn't come out addicted.

Quetzalcoatl,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I used herb after a cpl foot and leg surgeries even partially collapsed a lung had a chest tube in the hospital I just used edibles for a cpl weeks. In my experience cannabis works better then most pain pills with far less side effects. While pain pills are not dangerous in the short term it's the long term that worried me and finally switched me to mmj for pain medicating 100%. This is all just my experience i am not a dr but hopefully it helps

Puffers,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Good for you. Otherwise, bad advice. Prescription pain killers tend to be quite addictive, while cannabis isn't.

I took them daily for 5 yrs after my car accident. Eventually in really high doses of some heavy opiates and while I wasn't addicted I can say that the physical withdrawals from getting off the op's was one of the worst experiences of my lilfe. I also think that withdrawals from opiates (even just coming off of a dose and not redosing) makes pain worse I personally have much less pain after switching to cannabis 100% for my pain meds. So while addiction is a very real concern with opiates it's certainly not the only one. Not contradicting your statement max just adding to it from my experience.

Puff

Puffers,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I took them daily for 5 yrs after my car accident. Eventually in really high doses of some heavy opiates and while I wasn't addicted I can say that the physical withdrawals from getting off the op's was one of the worst experiences of my lilfe. I also think that withdrawals from opiates (even just coming off of a dose and not redosing) makes pain worse I personally have much less pain after switching to cannabis 100% for my pain meds. So while addiction is a very real concern with opiates it's certainly not the only one. Not contradicting your statement max just adding to it from my experience.

Puff

Withdrawal from opiates makes everything worse, haha. That and the side effects like constipation and dehydration (which are easy to fix).

Quetzalcoatl,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Withdrawal from opiates makes everything worse, haha. That and the side effects like constipation and dehydration (which are easy to fix).

Your right of course. Although I was a bit in concise, what I meant was that even just maintaining my regular everyday dosage, if I tried to deviate from that dosing schedule my injury and body would begin to ache within an hr. So you then dose yourself because you start to think that your pain your medicating to get rid of is much worse then it really is. Its not withdrawal as most people see it, which they think of as many hours later, with symptoms more like cold sweats and nausea.

Puffers,
Top Bottom