Vaporization: when to stop inhaling the vapor ?

tor

Hello,

I would like to know if you have any idea of when it comes to your mind to stop inhalating a weed sample ? Any information, like taste, vapor color, color of the weed, etc may be useful.

tor,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i stop when the vapor in the tube is so wispy it is easy to see the red ring of the heater tube. Well, maybe one more hit, just to be sure. it is possible to continue getting vapor, but to my mind, there is no point --- that is to say, i know it's not THC, i don't know what it is, so i stop.

Hippie Dickie,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I 'prefer' to stop when the flavor isn't to my liking anymore. Then I'll jar the vape poo, and do an extraction when I've gathered enough. Doing it this way leaves me with quite a bit of still green(ish) bits, and worthwhile to extract when the time comes ;)

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I 'prefer' to stop when the flavor isn't to my liking anymore. Then I'll jar the vape poo, and do an extraction when I've gathered enough. Doing it this way leaves me with quite a bit of still green(ish) bits, and worthwhile to extract when the time comes ;)
what type of extraction do you use for your vaped remains?

kushcabbage,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Sometimes I mix with buds in a bho or qwiso, other times with sugar leaf..... all depends what mood I'm in to play with ;) But shorter contact times the poo is best otherwise I end up with a real 'earthy' taste.

smokum,

skyline

I usually stop when the vapor gets barely visible and the taste of bud is pretty much gone. At this point, you also no longer "feel the hit", or rather, you no longer feel the tickle of the THC in your throat as THC is the main irritant in the vapor.

skyline,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The stopping changes with different vaporizers, at least for me.

With my gn0me and my genie, i stop when i get the popcorn taste, no visible vapour and medium brown ABV.

With my DBV, sometimes it is still greenish but there is no vapour, no matter how high i crank it so i stop.

With my DaVinci, i start at 185C and crank it in 5º intervals, sometimes i stop at 195C, sometimes at 200C. I stop when i got a fishy smell, brown ABV or after the end of the second 10-min cycle.

In conclusion, i use 3 measures that are present 95% of times when i stop:

- Popcorn Taste or Fishy Taste or No Taste
- ABV colour, usually medium brown
- Lack of visible vapor

If i only lack vapor, i rise the temperature and check again. If my ABV is starting to get brown or the taste is getting popcorny, i crank the heat and stop until no vapour.

vorrange,

weedemon

enthusiast
you do in fact mean endpoint of the herbs usefulness right? if you are talking about inhaling as in with your lungs then stop before it becomes uncomfortable to do so. :) that's when i stop.

now that im done being a silly bugger,

I think it's pretty much covered but signs for me to stop is lack of flavour/vapor, have risen the temp and the clouds have gotten thin again. or if it ever gets to the toasted popcorn taste then I stop pretty much immediately.

save the abv for a bho extraction it makes decent oil :)

weedemon,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
you do in fact mean endpoint of the herbs usefulness right? if you are talking about inhaling as in with your lungs then stop before it becomes uncomfortable to do so. :) that's when i stop.

now that im done being a silly bugger,

I think it's pretty much covered but signs for me to stop is lack of flavour/vapor, have risen the temp and the clouds have gotten thin again. or if it ever gets to the toasted popcorn taste then I stop pretty much immediately.

save the abv for a bho extraction it makes decent oil :)

I dunno if you were asking me about herbs usefulness, but the answer is yes. I tend to extract most of what i can because i take a long time to collect enough material to make a bho extraction.

I definitly want to try that, but i only have like 20g worth of abv. (not 20g of abv, i vaped 20g in like 2,5 months.)

vorrange,

weedemon

enthusiast
from my experiments i found an oz of my own abv would yield 0.5-0.6 grams of oil. there is a thread about converting abv into oil in the concentrate section :) I found bho with an ethanol/filter wash was the best way to go in the end.

weedemon,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
from my experiments i found an oz of my own abv would yield 0.5-0.6 grams of oil. there is a thread about converting abv into oil in the concentrate section :) I found bho with an ethanol/filter wash was the best way to go in the end.

I think i did a fast read on that thread, very informative. ;)

what is your estimate of weight loss between abv and before being vaped? 50% of the weight?

vorrange,

weedemon

enthusiast
totally depends on the weed you are starting with but yes 35-55% loss of mass is usually what I find when going from unvaped to vaped buds.

weedemon,
Reactions: vorrange

Nosferatu

Stop when the hit is no longer enjoyable or gives an effect you don't like. This will take personal experience and depends on the vape and herb used. For me with the Cloud I stop after the 2cd to 4th hit, depends on herb and load size. Bud is golden brown

Nosferatu,
Reactions: vorrange

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
I use a beaker with an Underdog. When I no longer see vapor in the tube, it's done. Usually about coffee bean color. I have recently started running my MFLB ABV through the UD and getting a solid whitewall for a hit or 2 per stem. It always amazes me how much you can stretch your material vaping vs. combustion. F-Combustion!

happyTrails,

tor

Well, as far I am concerned, I tried lastly to vape until the very last hit. I think, this is somehow logic, that the last inhalations get less and less THC. So if you ever discard the last vape, you wouldn't lost much, that's why I think it is somehow wise actually to not try to suck the last bit of THC from your sample.

tor,
Top Bottom