Vaporite Solo FIX

OldOneEye

I got this Vaporite Solo 8mo ago but Vaporite said I paid too little for the unit so they will not honor the warranty, They even said it must be a fake.. haha
So I disassembled it and this is what I found. AS you can see the Red thing overheated and pooped all over a resistor that also over heated
I can see that I need these Items
1) Capacitor 475k 4.7uF 250V (Red thing)
2) Resistor 1w unknown value (does anyone know what value this is) I cant see the colors anymore
3) The plug connectors to the heating element look to have got hot, I will just clean them

Anything Else that I need to replace that you have experience with

OldOneEye,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
you probably should replace the heating element too. that probably caused the problem - short maybe?

Hippie Dickie,

Egzoset

Banned
I would suspect misplacement of critical components (e.g. a basic design flaw) set the stage for this major incident to happen: the power resistor being possibly under-rated it may have got so hot it caused the capacitor to leak, which in turned caused that resistor to over-heat even more. Proper layout/rating/heat-sinking may be required for this unit to work correctly. I suppose it's equally possible a defective heating element could have started such an infernal spiral of events, go figure!

Perhaps you can try to obtain a replacement assembly. Good luck with that! ...and thanks for providing the very 1st photographs i've ever seen of a Vaporite, even if that's a bit too late...

Another idea comes to me but it's a bit wild. Threaten Vaporite to publish a detailed review with explicit photographs exposing what seems to be a conceptual error and then they might be more cooperative!

:peace:

Egzoset,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I'd definitely say get a new vape if this is how their customer service treats you. Besides I'm not exactly sure vaporites are 100% safe. You should try a vaporbros (which I really enjoy) if you want another box or something like a db or ssv.

wowthisisrandom,
Kudos on making this post and on taking all the trouble to photograph and post all those pictures for our use. That's extremely shameful of the company, telling you that you paid too little to have your warranty honored. Did you tell them where you got it, was it Ebay or something similar? If it was through any kind of official vendor I'd at least make a stink - they deserve a stink, afterall.

This is proof positive that cheap box vapes, or at least this cheap box vape, should be avoided like a hot case of the clap. As much as fixing it might be fun, you may want to consider just throwing down on a real vaporizer which you can depend on. If you have some funds (100+) then vapes like the HA, Extreme Q, Incognito, DBV, MFLB or the like are all solid as a brick house, and if not, then great bong-based vapes are available for under 50, like the glass vapo-bowl or Vapocane.

I'd recommend against another box vape. A DBV-type vape is a natural evolution of those designs with many advantages, including denser vapor-to-air and an obviously cleaner air path.

charliedontsurf,

OldOneEye

The funny thing is that I emailed then the actual invoice and a copy of their warranty card I told them that I would post all the inner workings of the solo to the web. they did respond to my emails, but gave me Nothing but bunk.

I plan on fixing this "cheep" unit and I will post as much details on the inner workings of the circuit and how to fix it.
If there is a better forum for debugging a circuit I would be interested
I am still trying to figure out what the value of the resistor was

OldOneEye,

maxbenner

was this topic ever resolved.
I had the burnt resister problem also.
I replaced the burnt resister with
RGB5 Noble 05
47 ohm K
ceramic block
works a treat

maxbenner,