Vaporfection Digital Stealth Jr <<VS>> Arizer V-Tower Extreme

GREEN_MAN_!!!

Both priced at 300 (I found a discounted Vaporfection stealth jr digital --> normal msrp 400), which vape would you personally prefer?

I understand that the Vaporfection is "the mini rolls royce" of vaporizers, but why exactly is it so good/efficient/expensive? The specs all say "so and so...." increases efficiency. Does this just mean better vapor extraction?

The Extreme seems very popular on this board, and in general. Also priced at 300, and i really like the sound of that fan feature that automatically blows bursts of constant vapor.

So my question to you all is... WHICH WOULD YOU PREFER?

-GREENMAN!!!!!

GREEN_MAN_!!!,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've never used a Vaporfection (VF), but I've had an Extreme (E) for over a year. I can think of a number of reasons to get the E instead, having only looked at the feature set of the VF.

With the E you can:
-use bag or whip (bag is easier for beginners)
-E looks a little more stealthy if you put the potpourri bowl on it.
-Digital temp looks easier to use
-remote
-Arizer is a top notch company when it comes to making the customer happy

I cannot speak for the vapor quality of the VF, but I have been satisfied with the E's quality.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
The Jr. is $400, so the = price comparison is only valid for you.
Vaporfection is "the mini rolls royce" of vaporizers
I'm sure Vaporfection would like everyone to believe that. :/

Do you have a real craving for the low profile, forced air whip design? Because the Extreme can give you the same forced air whip use, plus passive whip use, plus bag delivery. IMO the only thing Vaporfection has going for it, over the Extreme, is an additional year of warranty.

i really like the sound of that fan feature that automatically blows bursts of constant vapor.
Both units give you that, but with the Vaporfection that's all you get. And since I favor passive whip use, that would be the deal breaker for me.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
As an owner of both the Vaporfection and the Extreme I would push you to go for the Vaporfection if you think you will be using whip mode more often. If you want versatility, then go for the Extreme. I'm not much of a bag user so I sold my Extreme because it paled in comparison in whip mode.

The fan for the Vaporfection does automatically push out vapor but the amount is so small that it might as well be passive whip vaporizer. I have no idea what the CFM is but the vapor the fans push out is very, very small. The fans are to cool the circuit board and not meant to be a means to help push out vapor.

Its too bad that the Vaporfections are priced so high, IMO they are the Rolls Royce of whip vaporizers. Most of the people here view the SSV as the premier whip vape, and I agree that it is the best for the analog vaporizers but compared to the Vaporfection, it is childs play. It uses a 700 watt heater, has a thermal couple to control temperature, and hits the same regardless if you hit it hard or slow. You only need to take a few hits to see the difference. The only thing I have to complain about the Vaporfection is the price.

hope this helps

stonemonkey55,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Is the VF the unit that needs to be left on to cool down, or is that a different unit?

stickstones,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
When you turn it off, the fans do run a few extra minute to cool down. I usually just pull the plug out an putting it away which is probably not best practice but haven't had an issue thus far.

stonemonkey55,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
That's not it. There is a unit that requires you leave it on so the fans can cool it down, otherwise it can burn up...and it is loud. I should probably look for it around here...

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
stickstones said:
That's not it. There is a unit that requires you leave it on so the fans can cool it down, otherwise it can burn up...and it is loud. I should probably look for it around here...
Super Vapezilla I believe.

stonemonkey55 said:
The only thing I have to complain about the Vaporfection is the price.
As long as you're OK with digital. I'm not, long term. At least it has a 3 yr. warranty. Good to know the airflow is slight too.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
As long as you're OK with digital. I'm not, long term. At least it has a 3 yr. warranty. Good to know the airflow is slight too.
Just curious, are you against digital in general? or just for vaporizers?

stonemonkey55,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
stonemonkey55 said:
Just curious, are you against digital in general? or just for vaporizers?
That's funny! Max hates compact discs, mp3's and the internet. It took him six months to figure out how to explore the internet using analog technology.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
Yes, I convert all my digital devices to analog, at great expense. ;)

No sm, I'm not against everything digital. I've just seen a lot of various gadgets crap out due to digital failure. I've got a microwave that was built in 1983 that I'm still using-just a dial timer. I used to repair those things, and the digital models failed most often and were the most expensive to repair. The cheaper the digital circuitry is, the more likely it is to fail. And since solid state doesn't like heat, using it in a device designed to produce heat is asking for trouble IMO. S & B dropping their Digit warranty down to 2 years, vs. 3 for the Classic, says a lot. I just feel safer with analog on a vape. I do want to play around with a good digital unit one of these days-maybe I'll run across a used Aromed. I've always been curious about that one. I've used a halogen heated vape before, and it worked well.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Max, thank you for your response. Based on what you told me, I can totally understand why you prefer analog over digital. I guess my only response at this point would be that the electronics in the VF unit aren't cheap (175+ I believe I read that in the brain dump thread but could be wrong) so at least they chose quality parts when assembling. Your point with the warranty on the digital v standard Volcano says volumes about the durability of electronics, quality or not. What I can say is that my Steinel heat gun hasn't failed me in 8 years! They could probably build us one heckuva heat source if they put their minds to it :)

stonemonkey55,

GREEN_MAN_!!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.. I just purchased my brand new VF :D

Ill let you guys know how it is when it arrives

-GREENMAN

GREEN_MAN_!!!,
Top Bottom