Vapor Warez owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I own a Vapor Warez vaporizer, and I very partial to it. Anyone else like whip style vaporizing, any Warez owners? :)

Vicki,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I've tried a few other vapes, namely a Volcano my friend owns and a Vapir Air Digital Air (which, IMO sucks). I decided to get the Vapor Warez over the SSV because of the warranty and aesthetics.

The wood grain matches my desk perfectly. And in the winter time, when I come inside and my hands are cold it's great to rest them on top of it. :lol:

I guess they recently came out with their 4th Generation model. As far as I remember the only new additions are a new and improved heating element and a shock resistant heating element mount.

If your on a budget, or just savy about woodgrain aesthetics (one reason the Purple Days appeals to me so much) the Vapor Warez is the way to go. I mean you can buy a 2nd or 3rd generation for 100/120, respectively. That's one helluva bargain.

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The more I read, the more the Vapor Warez sounds like the best buy in box vapes. OEM for some other names, 5yr warranty and around $100!

The other name that comes to mind is Vaporbrothers, but I've heard more positive things about the Vapor Warez.

Does the downward wand angle present less of a problem than it would seem to someone who's not used one?

vtac,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
At first the downward angle kind of confused me to be honest. Then I figured out how easy it is to really use, and how ergonomic it actually is.

Not to mention, as specified by the company themselves, you can, if you please, put something underneath the back of the unit to make the heating element parallel to the ground/horizontal. I know some people prefer it this way. IT doesnt affect the quality of the hit or performance at all.

And VaporBrothers, from what I hear, are just about similiar in terms of quality. I don't own one though, but I know 2 people who own both VB and the VW and they both prefer different ones. The price is the same, but their is no 'on/off' switch, so you have to find the 'sweet spot' each time. One thing I do like is the blue light on the heating element though. I wonder if I could mod my VW without ruining the warranty to accomplish something like that?

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Are there no LED's on the warez?

Welcome to the forum Vicki. :wave: I have read many of your posts from MJ.com :tup:

vaporcloud,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Thank you for the welcomes. :D

I own both the Vapor Warez and Vapor Brothers, and prefer the Vapor Warez. The VW is a better buy than the VB mainly because of the 5 year warranty. I prop the back end of it up on two books, and that makes the heating element completely level for me. :cool:

There is an LED light on the Vapor Brothers, but not the Vapor Warez. At first I missed the light, but that went away really quick as I really liked the ground glass much better. Plus, I ended up getting the two piece whip, which I absolutely love. :)

I don't think I know you, vaporcloud. :uhoh:

Vicki,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Vicki said:
I don't think I know you, vaporcloud. :uhoh:
I'm not a registered member on MJ.com but do browse the vaporizer forum. I think I have picked out a couple of other FC members (different handles) with quite large posts counts on MJ.com too ;)

No need for my vaporizing expetise there. The likes of 5Drive, tokinGLX and a few others have that stitched up.

vaporcloud,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I try help people as much as I can with their vaporizing questions, but I've only tried the vaporizers that I own, plus a couple more. I'm hoping to learn more here. :)

Vicki,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Vicki said:
I try help people as much as I can with their vaporizing questions,
Your opinions will be valued I can guarantee you that!

There is a alot of miss information out there and the likes of yourself and SpiralArchitech can lead the box vape vanguard! I to own a box vape but its a shitty chinese digi version with a temp control that fluctuates widly. I have got a process that works and produces nice milky hits but it can produce a foul burn if not careful. Seems I should have got me a warez :rolleyes:

I have a nice small block piece of weathered NZ native timber to get my box vapes heater at a better angle and also use a 2 piece ground glass whip that came with another vape I owned.

vaporcloud,

eLiguL

Ive been calling my unit VaporCannon but it seems you guys like the company name better. Regardless of what you call it, its a quality vape and modestly priced.

eLiguL,

max

Out to lunch
^ I think Vaporwarez gets used a lot (vs. Vaporcannon) because the main competition is Vapor Brothers, and the company name is the same as the vape name. I'm kinda surprised we haven't shortened it to the 'Bro vape'. :lol:

max,

You

The box style ones such as the Vapor Warez are great and I've been really happy with them.

They do have a few downfalls, but are pretty minor. The first is the time it takes to heat up, about 1 and a half to 2 mins and it will for sure be ready. The other is that after a couple of hits the herb starts to taste spent.

After I few years I got a Da Buddah and am even more satisfied with it. Heats up in like 30 seconds and retains the taste better and longer, with stronger vapor on the last bowls compared to the Box styles. IMHO it's worth the $50 more.

You,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I can get 7-8 hits, like the bowl I am now, and I am still getting plenty tasty vapor. I'm totally vaked. :brow:

Of course after you vaporize weed it loses it's 'taste', it's like that with any vaporizer,

Thing is,
how does Da Buddah retain the taste better and longer? Possibly the more narrow air flow, and thus concentrated heat on a specific area, retaining more 'unvaped' weed throughout the vaporization of the bowl, so in effect, you have more 'green' left over at the end? ( I hope that makes sense, it makes perfect sense to me )

SpiralArchitect,

You

I think it's because of a few factors. The DBV seems to be much more responsive at noticing and reacting to temperature changes and thus provides heat on demand quicker. In DBV, the amount of fresh air let into the vapor stream is directly controlled by the size of the glass blown air intake hole (this hasn't seemed to have been controlled as precisely in the box style vapes). These two things make the temperature on the bowl more consistent.

Another is that the box style heating elements are usually covered with an semi-enclosed glass tube; heat is let out through a small opening and the whip must be rotated or the bowl cooks unevenly. In DBV the hot air opening to expose heat to the bowl is as wide as the screen of the bowl.

I thought I was getting tasty hits with box vapes, they were my fav, but then I realized it could be even better then what I was used to.

You,

max

Out to lunch
The box style ones such as the Vapor Warez are great and I've been really happy with them.

They do have a few downfalls, but are pretty minor. The first is the time it takes to heat up, about 1 and a half to 2 mins
My you're impatient. :lol:

The other is that after a couple of hits the herb starts to taste spent.
I think that would depend on the size of the hits and the amount in the bowl.

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
The other day I was being stupid and accidentally poked the screen in front of the heating element out. My jaw dropped. In my year of owning this thing, I haven't done that yet.... Anyways, I was freaking out about what to do, when I said 'fuck it, I'll unscrew the heating element casing'....

I took it all the way off, and it came off easily enough. I was afraid I was gonna break something but it was just my stoned hesitation. Anyways, I took pictures of it cuz, well, I figured it might help someone in the future, or at least be interesting to us vaporists. That squealing sound is natural. It's glass threads so thats why it makes the sound.

(Sorry about the sideways picture, didn't rotate before uploading, but you get the idea)
I didn't even know I had all those old crumbs inside until I took the picture.... kinda dark in their. :p

That 2nd picture is much more in focus, and with the screen repositioned. I made sure to make it super-snug so this wouldn't happen again.

I guess the 4g has a shock mounted heater cover. So it will probably look different than this, but I'm not sure how. I wonder if this is a part you can just order to upgrade the 3g yourself.... I'd have to look into it.

Anyway, yeah. COol huh?:cool:

SpiralArchitect,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
So I made a video review.... it's OK, kinda funny to be honest... made me laugh when re-watching, my can is mooning you all. :brow: :lol:

I'mma upload it and try this new editing software since the end cut out..... will post it later

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I dismantled my Vaporite tonight and it didn't look as slick as the 3g :uhoh: There was no air hole in the glass sheath that covers the heating rod. Which means the air flow goes across the electrics :disgust: The heating rod was also fully encased in a metal shield which again I didn't think was that great.

I know this is the VaporCannon thread but its a good comparison. Buy US made people not Chinese. And I'm a Kiwi :lol:

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Did you take any pics? I'd like to see them.... did you reassemble it or what? I have no idea how you would even take apart the VW, it's sealed on the bottom and I don't remember seeing any screws.

This vid has been uploading forevveeerrrr.... I'mma leave it be and check on it in the morning.

Ever think about getting a VW vaporcloud?

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
There are screws at the bottom but I didn't take the bottom off - I only removed the glass sheath thing and the bracket holding that. So it wasn't really a big dismantle but enough to turn me off. I will take some pics later.

I've sorted drifted away from getting a VW or DBV now that I'm so pleased with my new VG setup. And the kiwi dollar is just so low its not worth it.

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Ah, okay sweet man. Yea, I'd like to compare the chinese vape to the VW.

And I hear ya on being thrifty.... no sense in buying stuff you really don't need. ;)

Oh yea and video failed to upload... wtf :rolleyes: Ill try again later

SpiralArchitect,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
So does anyone else own a Warez?

Just curious... maybe if anyone has gotten the 4g they might be able to compare the 'improved heating element' to the 3g?

I'm using mine right now.... I rarely do by myself, it loves to gobble up weed and get me too cheeched.

I have been kind of wondering about what material is used on the inside of the device -- that black 'paint' stuff. I only ask because mine is starting to come off at the edge and I never really thought about it before... I'll probably drop them an email to ask about it later. Gets me thinking now.... :/

SpiralArchitect,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom