Vapor or vapour ?

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Hello!

Reading this forum I see people uses the word vapor and the word vapour a lot and I would like to know the difference between these 2.

Thanks in advance!

jardri,

Vaporware

It just depends on where you are. If you write color in the UK or colour in the US people will usually tell you it’s wrong or that it’s the way they spell it “over there”. ;)

In Spain I would guess that vapour would be more common, considering how close you are to the UK, but I could be wrong.

Its American English spelling (orthography) vs British English spelling. I think in Spain British English would be more widely used.

Mr. Gweilo 420,

ginolicious

Exact same word. It’s like favourite and favorite. My auto correct uses both for some reason when I post. I only use my phone. But being in Canada we say vapour.

ginolicious,

Alexis

Haha this is funny! I have a preference for "vapor" myself, and just dont like "vapour" for some reason.
But- the A.I. speech to talk function on my tablet, which I use alongside typing to save hand/wrist issues, only seems to know "VAPOUR"!

So get this- I actually painstakingly edit it out and correct it every single time would you believe hahaha, talk about anal! :lol:
I wish I could teach the damn thing how VAPOR is actually spelt.;)

Edit- reading above, I see that it is us stupid Brits that came up with this dumb "vapour" shit! Can you tell I'm not very patriotic?

Alexis,
Top Bottom