Vapman

hoyo77

would it make sense to put kief or similar directly onto the gold bowl/plate and then put the screens on top of it to prevent you from sucking particals through the stainless filter holes on the zapman?

This seems backwards to what i would have thought to be needed. Please explain. Thanks.
clog up the intake air holes

vapman

Manufacturer
I agree! the Vapman is amazing! I'm still glad I got my ENano, but I might not have gotten a couple of other portables if I'd found this first. However, I do still love having my various toys.

As far as "ambassador" goes, on the 14th of March (next week!) I'll be setting up a vaporizer demo station at our local MMJ Farmers Market. While my VM will NOT leave my hands ("My Precious!"), I will have some slides on the Powerpoint going of various portables. I'll be demo-ing my tethered vapes.

I foresee lots of great shots of the VM. :)

I'll also be providing handouts with URLs listed for the better manufacturers... like Vapman!

Thank you @Enchantre, you are such a lovely ambassador, you really are!:)

I have to say THANK YOU VAPMAN!

and I will do my best as an (unofficial) Chilean ambassador of Vapman!

( I will soon start posting some pictures of my adventures with it in Chile)

@botanicalman Nice to have you as the Chilean ambassador, I am looking forward to your pictures of the continues story of vapman in Chile!:tup:

Just one?

That won't get you into the semi finals.......

OF

:rofl:

Mystery of the @Ed's TnT long draw stem solved!

The reason the long draw stem pack such a punch is the draw hole is over double the size of the stock Vapman stem.

This African Blackwood stem has been tapered on the insertion end like the Vapman stems. :cool:

long_stem_comp.jpg

Really cool stuff, it makes me proud seeing all that work being done for vapman!:tup::rockon:

Thoroughly guilty.

Looking at your Avatar and reading your posts makes me always laugh, I think you are a funny man, Mr. Mellish! I like it!:tup:

@vapman I would like to see a vapman made of Teak wood, if it's suitable. The reason is because it is a very strong, durable wood, and very resistant to rot (a prized wood for shipbuilding). I found out about it through vaporgenie vaporizers - they make a pipe from Teak.

@vapman or if someone else can confirm it. I saw this picture a while ago and I wondered what types of wood some of these vapmen were made from. At first I thought maybe some of them were different shades of pear and walnut. But now I believe they are other woods which I haven't seen for sale in the store or anywhere else. What different woods are they made from? I can identify a curly oak, and a walnut. Not sure which though -#2, #3, #6, #7 - look like they could be different shades of walnut. I remember you mentioned the woods in a previous post (page 69, #1710). So for clarification, which woods are each vapman made of in the picture? Which one of the alternative woods, if any, do you plan to make again in the future? (if you don't mind my asking.) Sorry if this has been asked before. I didn't see a post about it. My aesthetic opinion is that the second one and the sixth one draw my attention (since I don't know what they are, but they are particularly striking as well). They are all beautiful. The fourth one I think is nice, but it seems like any stains would pop out too much.
ZQFQubK.jpg

@bounce5 Never used teak wood so far, I guess it would work for vapman. Basically all kind of woods work as long they are strong enough to hold the three screws of the bowl. I think vapman of this wood would look very noble. You are free to send in some wood for custom made vapman(s).:)

Regarding the woods on the picture, here they are from left to right:

1. Silky oak (Australia), extremely light weight. This wood is on sale.

2. This is the densest wood of this planet, a friend of mine discovered it by accident in the outback of Australia. It was lying on the ground for over twenty years, when he lifted it up from the ground he realized straight away that he found something extremely rare and extraordinary. Forrest Landry, the inventor of the LaunchBox told me the name of this wood but unfortunately I forgot it`s name again.
This wood is out of this world, unbelievable what nature has to offer! This is not for sale, I would not
know how and where to get this wood.

3. Also an unknown wood from Australia, a bit similar to the silky oak with very nice and intense patterns. Not for sale.

4. Hornbeam from my own garden! Not for sale as a white vapman is more for aesthetics than for usage, I guess.

5. Olive tree. Very good wood and I am thinking of making a series of this wood one day.

6. Unknown Australian wood. Very dense, most beautiful with a strong odor. Not for sale.

7. American walnut. On sale.

Wood is endlessly beautiful, I have to say it again, sorry.;)

Ok I got some photos of the crack in the wood.

This is pre session
KNVWUxr.jpg
SCqZBdA.jpg

This is right after finishing 1 bowl
1sAQAIl.jpg

25ZzX8N.jpg

5Rr1kNx.jpg

So what do you think? I'm pretty sure its related to heat.

Functionality hasn't changed and I doubt it will. I don't see how a crack could reduce performance.

This does give me a good excuse to buy a walnut basic when I get a heating unit (in about a year).

Edit: sorry about my manky thumb being in the photos! I hit it with a mallet in November last year and still don't have a nail lol

@Nugg It is not unusual that some of the handle rings get cracks after some usage. The wood on the inside shrinks more than on the outside from the heat, with the cracks the tension gets released. This is not a problem, it will stay stable like this. It is not your fault and you`ve done nothing wrong. You have one year warranty on your vapman anyway, if it is still good after one year it will stay good for many years to come. So far I have not seen one vapman breaking completely apart because of this. Don`t worry mate, as the Australians would say.:)

vapman

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
^^^ It's fantastic to hear your descriptions of the wood types used to create that beautiful selection of functional artwork!

HOW intriguing is No.2?! (er, VERY!!!)

& a stinky Australian unkown? I like it a lot!

Bring forth the olive branch I say! Nice! :tup:

They really do look so awesome, especially lined up all together. What a showcase! I would actually like that picture with the names or origin listed below in poster form to go up on my wall :D

It's a pleasure to read your comms @vapman.

Thanks @bounce5 for bringing that jaw dropping selection to my attention!

:peace:

Last edited:

bounce5

@vapman Thanks for describing the woods used for those Vapmen and putting to rest that mystery, for the most part, or perhaps igniting a new one (leaving me wondering about those rare Australian woods). The rare Australian wood Vapmen are exquisite... It's too bad you can't remember the names. I kind of want to hunt them down or something that looks like them for a custom Vapman. #2 and #3 are particularly attractive because any charring on the center mouthpiece due to the torch lighter would be more camouflaged in addition to the fact they are beautiful. VAS could stand for Vapman Aquisition Syndrome!

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Damn. Despite the package being in town since sunday morning, and a delivery estimate of today with an "out for delivery" notice all day, it looks like it is now estimated i wont get the vapman until tomorrow. Bummer, usps has been doing this to me all winter. Many packages have taken two days out for delivery to actually be delivered

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I got a replacement mouthpiece in wood - Hawthorne - through @PuffItUp ... very nice, difference experience than the POM...

I also got a Skillittoolz Golddigger, which has a perfect little loading shovel at one end that works amazing for scooping herb out of a Jyar, and right into the VM bowl!

I just tried some new shatter, however... 2 screens under, 1 above... and OMG... that's even better tasting than with the ENano. I may not ever vape flowers in this again....

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Mine was actually here today.

Already ran about 6 or 7 bowls. No combustion thus far.

I had to really scorch the wood after my first bowl to build up some charring on the vm basic. It still seems to have some smoke from the wood itself. Will this go away after more charring?

Bowl is very small. Second smallest i have next to the PD.

Very fast. I have been getting a good even brown. I personally have not been blocking the holes on the mouthpiece per vapmans instructions. results are good.

Edit. Less is more. I was overloading early. I just wish packing the next bowl was easier for when needed on the move. Because one will never be enough

Last edited:

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Mine was actually here today.

Already ran about 6 or 7 bowls. No combustion thus far.

I had to really scorch the wood after my first bowl to build up some charring on the vm basic. It still seems to have some smoke from the wood itself. Will this go away after more charring?

Bowl is very small. Second smallest i have next to the PD.

Very fast. I have been getting a good even brown. I personally have not been blocking the holes on the mouthpiece per vapmans instructions. results are good.

Edit. Less is more. I was overloading early. I just wish packing the next bowl was easier for when needed on the move. Because one will never be enough

Yes. Smoke from the wood stops after some use. You can char it on purpose around the bow from the bottom and the top but don't over do it.

Don't let the torch stay in one place -- keep iit moving.

Heat it, but don't let it catch on fire. If you see flame, blow on it quickly.

Hope this helps.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Yeah i have been using it like crazy. Maybe 20 loads. Im very medicated, and more recent loads have been just a pinch. I really have a good feel for it now.

I got bad smoke early from the wood, and in trying to break it in she caught caught fire a little. I got it out, and now am having really good success and perfect light browing with just a pinch of material. I Use short bursts 2 to 3 secs at most. I Do not cover the holes, but have tried it.

vapman

Manufacturer
^^^ It's fantastic to hear your descriptions of the wood types used to create that beautiful selection of functional artwork!

HOW intriguing is No.2?! (er, VERY!!!)

& a stinky Australian unkown? I like it a lot!

Bring forth the olive branch I say! Nice! :tup:

They really do look so awesome, especially lined up all together. What a showcase! I would actually like that picture with the names or origin listed below in poster form to go up on my wall :D

It's a pleasure to read your comms @vapman.

Thanks @bounce5 for bringing that jaw dropping selection to my attention!

Thank you @VegNVape!
You are free to use this picture, we could even send you the original with the higher resolution in case
you need it.

@vapman Thanks for describing the woods used for those Vapmen and putting to rest that mystery, for the most part, or perhaps igniting a new one (leaving me wondering about those rare Australian woods). The rare Australian wood Vapmen are exquisite... It's too bad you can't remember the names. I kind of want to hunt them down or something that looks like them for a custom Vapman. #2 and #3 are particularly attractive because any charring on the center mouthpiece due to the torch lighter would be more camouflaged in addition to the fact they are beautiful. VAS could stand for Vapman Aquisition Syndrome!

@bounce5 Sorry for not knowing the names of the Australian woods. You know, I never knew the names in the first place. A friend of mine just found them on a trip to Australia back in 2006 and sent them to our workshop. He is the type of guy who would see something you never seen before even you passed that same way a million times before. This is what exactly happened when he picked up that black and heavy wood lying around a house in the outback of Australia. On the outside, this wood looked very weathered from lying there for over twenty years in the sun and rain. The bark is all cracked and bleached from the sun, nobody would bother picking it up. Not my friend, he picked it up
and discovered this little treasure. When he asked about it, the people from the house told him, that someone took it from far west New South Wales (almost desert) to the house, left it there and sort of forgot about it. The other Australian woods, which are by the way not that rare, he found at some small sawing mills on his way through Queensland and New South Wales. Because the workers from the saw mills only knew the local and not the official names of most of these woods, we never really
knew their names. We only know the name of the Silky Oak, it is not rare and it is not really a type
of Oak, it just has the looks of it. It was a couple of years later when I met Forrest Landry from Magic Flight at the exhibition in Barcelona, Spain, that he could tell me the name of the dark wood.
Forrest Landry of Magic Flight is a very smart and interesting guy and we share the love for wood and natural things. I would love to work with Forrest. This is also when we found out that the mouthpieces of vapman fit exactly into the LaunchBox. Forrest was impressed by vapman and since then they also make wooden mouthpieces. This sounds like I am boasting but you can ask Forrest, this is how it was. The guys from Verdampftnochmal in Berlin were also there when it happened. Magic moments with Magic Flight.;) It is even more magic when you think about, that the grinder Magic Flight specially made for the LaunchBox, also fits on vapman with an unbelievable precision.
I can`t help it, but there are a lot of things about vapman which are beyond my intensions and senses, I call it magic.:)

Thanks for that @vapman
Can I take this opportunity to become the official Australian Vapman ambassador? I've been raving about it to everyone I know.

@Nugg I`ve been talking so much about Australia lately, you are just coming along at the right time, at the right place with the right product and the right question…:lol:
First in, first serve, you are the Australian ambassador! Congratulations, you will get a free T-shirt with your next order.;)

vapman

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
^^^ This whole post makes me smile sooooooo much!!! :D:D:D

@vapman I would love if you could send me the original high-res copy of the Vapman Identity Parade. Thanks so much for offering to do this.

You are a true gent! Your knowledge, friendliness and generosity are most appreciated in this forum.

Congratulations Australian Ambassador @Nugg! :tup:

& y'know, I call it magic too ;)

botanicalman

nice story @vapman and I was about to buy the magic flight grinder for the Vapman!
(and really thinking how cool the vapman would look like connected to the "orbit" bong!)

I really love to hear all this little Vapman stories! Indeed, its trully magic how our little companions were created.

I just can't stop opening the little egg and staring at my vapman, I could do it for hours! The thing I really like is the vapman logo, I would like to know what font it is. That modern minimalist font looks just great with wood :clap:

hoyo77

I am in Denver on a business trip, so i decided to stop by a dispensary on my way to work to get some concentrates. The BudVendor tried to sale a pen with the wax. I told her i did not use pens or glass rigs for my wax. She asked what i used. I pulled out my vapman and showed it to her. By then a couple of folk gathered around me saying they had never seen anything like it. I gave them a brief tutorial on how it can do both flower and concentrates, pulled up a few youtube videos and also showed them that vapman e-cig video. The girl tapped me on the shoulder and whispered can i try it out. I was like sure. She met me outside with her on meds and i loaded up the vapman for her. let her use my torch and she was floored. She said she will be purchasing one. I let her try flowers in it too. Winning people to the vapman one person at a time!!!

NorVape

Vape Rictim
So, I've experienced the first wear and tear off my VM. I've been noticing the bowl getting looser, and less attached to the airtubes. Early on I understood this to be the result of my rather extensive hash vaping. All this hash is very good, but not full melt. It makes the Vapman dirtier and stickier, and more screens affect how the middle part fits the bowl and all these things. Not to mention all the high heat! Sometimes my screens don't come of that easy, and in certain states one is unable to handle it as one should haha.

Anyways, at this point I already had realized I would buy more than one Vapman in my life, so I started to treat this one as an experiment. Not mistreating it, but testing it's limits with in the safe boundaries of our loving relationship :brow:

I've tried several techniques of using the screens, and also several techs to get the screens in and out of the Vap it self. Most of them put more stress on the Vapman than cleaning out some herb would, because it involves some form of movement and force, however subtle.

Keep in mind, my use of the Vapman as a hash vape is not normal for most people, so most won´t have to think to much of it, but if possible be gentle when putting the screen in, and especially when getting the screen out of the Vapman.

Because, about an hour ago... My bowl broke of.

:|

I knew the moment was coming, but that couldn´t prepare me for the feeling. I immediately went into Stoner McGyver Mode, but before I went full flex mr fixit I thought: "What if it just snaps back on?"

It did.

This vape is ingenious! :whoa:

Top Bottom