Vapman

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
So, I've experienced the first wear and tear off my VM. I've been noticing the bowl getting looser, and less attached to the airtubes. Early on I understood this to be the result of my rather extensive hash vaping. All this hash is very good, but not full melt. It makes the Vapman dirtier and stickier, and more screens affect how the middle part fits the bowl and all these things. Not to mention all the high heat! Sometimes my screens don't come of that easy, and in certain states one is unable to handle it as one should haha.

Anyways, at this point I already had realized I would buy more than one Vapman in my life, so I started to treat this one as an experiment. Not mistreating it, but testing it's limits with in the safe boundaries of our loving relationship :brow:

I've tried several techniques of using the screens, and also several techs to get the screens in and out of the Vap it self. Most of them put more stress on the Vapman than cleaning out some herb would, because it involves some form of movement and force, however subtle.

Keep in mind, my use of the Vapman as a hash vape is not normal for most people, so most won´t have to think to much of it, but if possible be gentle when putting the screen in, and especially when getting the screen out of the Vapman.

Because, about an hour ago... My bowl broke of.

:|

I knew the moment was coming, but that couldn´t prepare me for the feeling. I immediately went into Stoner McGyver Mode, but before I went full flex mr fixit I thought: "What if it just snaps back on?"

It did.

This vape is ingenious! :whoa:
Hey @NorVape,

I don't know about why it's difficult to put the screen in, but I would thing that if you take them out right at session end, when the Vapman is still warm, the screen should come out without sticking?

I don't know your exact situation though.

Nugg

So very excited about my appointment as Aussie ambassador. Now I just have to resist the urge to order another Vapman until the heating stations are available. I can't wait to rock my Vapman shirt!!

@vapman you are the man! Thank you for being so involved with us here on the forum. I too love hearing about all the different woods and how everything came about.

McSheamus

So, I've experienced the first wear and tear off my VM. I've been noticing the bowl getting looser, and less attached to the airtubes. Early on I understood this to be the result of my rather extensive hash vaping. All this hash is very good, but not full melt. It makes the Vapman dirtier and stickier, and more screens affect how the middle part fits the bowl and all these things. Not to mention all the high heat! Sometimes my screens don't come of that easy, and in certain states one is unable to handle it as one should haha.

Anyways, at this point I already had realized I would buy more than one Vapman in my life, so I started to treat this one as an experiment. Not mistreating it, but testing it's limits with in the safe boundaries of our loving relationship :brow:

I've tried several techniques of using the screens, and also several techs to get the screens in and out of the Vap it self. Most of them put more stress on the Vapman than cleaning out some herb would, because it involves some form of movement and force, however subtle.

Keep in mind, my use of the Vapman as a hash vape is not normal for most people, so most won´t have to think to much of it, but if possible be gentle when putting the screen in, and especially when getting the screen out of the Vapman.

I knew the moment was coming, but that couldn´t prepare me for the feeling. I immediately went into Stoner McGyver Mode, but before I went full flex mr fixit I thought: "What if it just snaps back on?"

It did.

I have the same problem taking the screens out after some hashiesj. I noticed that my hash is pretty sticky when i'm done. Some of it ends up at the poke just above the screen. I have to scrape it off a bit before i can tap out my screen.

vapman

Manufacturer
@VegNVape Thank you for the kind words!:)
I will send you the original foto as soon I get it myself, I just realized that it is on someone else`s computer.

@botanicalman The name of the font is: Geogrotesque regular (not a common font)
Thanks for you appreciation of our work!:nod:

@hoyo77 You are the man for Colorado, thank you!:clap:

It did.

@NorVape Thanks for the post, this gives me the occasion to talk about this issue once more.
Due to the ultra light weight and the materials used on vapman, this vaporizer is very efficient and ready in a few seconds. Vapman is, as @Mojo wrote in a previous post, a bit like a racing bike, it can be used many times over a long period of time as long there is not too much stress on the bowl. The three air tubes are flanged to the bowl, this is a very solid connection but it stays a racing bike and is not a heavy duty truck. I could make the whole thing much more rigid and heavy duty but it would not be vapman anymore. Only half a gramm more weight makes a huge difference in heat up time. I can remember seeing a picture on this thread of some vapman-like copy, called J-hook or something similar. This one looks much more sturdy, but the heat up time was around 30 seconds, I think. On vaporizers without temperature control, the heat up time has to be short otherwise it is very difficult to get it right.
NorVape, if you would live next door to me, you could just pop over with your vapman and I could fix it in no time with a hammer and the flanging tool (this is what you can see me doing in the promotional video). The tubes only get disconnected by force and not by heat, you could actually burn down your entire vapman and the nozzles would still be connected firmly to the bowl. I say it again, avoid any stress on your bowl when filling, cleaning, taking off the screen, mounting the mouthpiece…etc. and your vapman will last for ever. Don`t get me wrong, vapman is not super delicate, it can take a lot but remember that it is an ultra light device, the Formula 1 racing car of vaporizers.:)

vapman

axakal

i strongly suggest, you include this racing bike analogy and other recent information you spilled here on how to treat the vapman in the service manual. i think it might help the owner to treat the vapman the way it is supposed to be treated. it's a sophisticated device and not a dirt bike. i'm not criticising @NorVape 's way of using it. he was in it for the science and knew, he was testing the boundries, but some unexperienced users out there might get wrong expectations about the durability of the vapman and ride it to the grave rather sooner than later. assuming, not all of them know about this wonderfull place here, it could lead to claims, that the vapman is not sturdy enough. which would be nothing but farther from truth.

@NorVape Thanks for the post, this gives me the occasion to talk about this issue once more.
Due to the ultra light weight and the materials used on vapman, this vaporizer is very efficient and ready in a few seconds. Vapman is, as @Mojo wrote in a previous post, a bit like a racing bike, it can be used many times over a long period of time as long there is not too much stress on the bowl. The three air tubes are flanged to the bowl, this is a very solid connection but it stays a racing bike and is not a heavy duty truck. I could make the whole thing much more rigid and heavy duty but it would not be vapman anymore. Only half a gramm more weight makes a huge difference in heat up time. I can remember seeing a picture on this thread of some vapman-like copy, called J-hook or something similar. This one looks much more sturdy, but the heat up time was around 30 seconds, I think. On vaporizers without temperature control, the heat up time has to be short otherwise it is very difficult to get it right.
NorVape, if you would live next door to me, you could just pop over with your vapman and I could fix it in no time with a hammer and the flanging tool (this is what you can see me doing in the promotional video). The tubes only get disconnected by force and not by heat, you could actually burn down your entire vapman and the nozzles would still be connected firmly to the bowl. I say it again, avoid any stress on your bowl when filling, cleaning, taking off the screen, mounting the mouthpiece…etc. and your vapman will last for ever. Don`t get me wrong, vapman is not super delicate, it can take a lot but remember that it is an ultra light device, the Formula 1 racing car of vaporizers.:)

vapman

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Already confidence in my ability to use the vapman on low temp vapor. I am very particular about only using low temp medication in the morning. Today was my first morning using the vapman, and i got a dark tan color abv, just as i wanted.

I had to pack 3 loads to get where i wanted, but happy with the results

M0J0

I was thinking... (Brace yourself. This may be a long post, so skip it if you like). You have been warned!

I realized why I love the Vapman over an electronic vaporizer.

I'm not that old, but I'm old enough to have seen most of our tools and gadgets go from sturdy tools to pasticky, gimmicky, pices of shit.

This has now become the standard and people are fine with buying things that break in a week or two and just throw them away without ever going back to the store to ask for their money back. It's expected -- In the old days, people would keep their recipts for years, in case something like their toaster, or other appliance would break.

Tools used to last forever and you would inherit your dad's tools, which he had inherited form his dad, and so on...

I'll give two examples of tools here:

I got tired of spending so much on shitty plastic razors that I kept throwing away -- way too quickly, but I didn't give it enough thought and kept using them for many years... All this time, they just kept adding more and more blades to justify the rising price tag of these disposable POS.

Fairly recently, I really got tired of the situation and after a bit of research, I bought a Safety Razor and have never looked back!

This Razorock Mission razor cost only $20 on eBay and came with 20 blades. It's built to last forever and it shaves MUCH better than a new 7 bladed, plasticky POS. On top of this, it is MUCH cheaper to use than the new, disposables. (See pic at the bottom of this post).

Another example is Bicycles.

Bikes used to be one speed, but also fixed gear (which means Direct-Drive). The pedal's crank was directly connected to the rear wheel by the chain -- if you pedalled forward, the bike would move forward, and if you pedalled back, the rear wheel would move backwards. You would stop the bike by stopping yor legs from pedalling -- no breaks were used.

This Direct Drive was actually much more efficient than the new freewheel drives which were then replaced by the gears that kept increasing in gear numbers as time went on.

To keep a long post "less long," I will let you do yor own research on "Fixed Gear Bikes" or "Fixies," and while you're at it, you can check out why the old school Leather Bike Seats (called saddles), are MUCH better than any new-fangled Gel-filled modern P.O.S. as well...

But my point is, that the modern Vaporizers follow this same marketing madness: Keep adding bells and whistles, like Temperature pre-sets, More LEDs than a X-Mas tree, colors to match your socks and panties, etc, etc, etc... You can even control one with a damn App from yor phone now... Really? I want an App for my Vape now? WTF?

Since they can't improve on a good vaporizer, they have to add more lights, colors, and doodas -- same as they do with your smart phones.

But the Vapman works incredibly well with its simple, yet presission construction and functionality. No need for lights, bells and whistles. It works simply, reliably, and perfectly.

It's very similar to the old school razor blades in that it gets the job done reliably, with little moving parts, but it's presission built and looks very aestetically pleasing to boot.

So this is my rant as to why we need to go back to the simle tools that work and avoing the new gimmicky POS items like plastic rachet screwdrivers that break in yor freaking hand... Don't fall for the hype unless you like to throw yor money away on cheap plastic shit that breaks in a week -- disposable, even if it's not marketed as such.

Back to basics baby!

missionrazor3.JPG

axakal

amen to that brother. you speak my mind. and yet you forgot to mention one more point. :)
the simplicity goes hand in hand with at least the theoretical ability to fix it, when it's broken. vapman offers exchange parts for broken parts, most of the plasticy vaporizers will probably fill the landfills as soon as they break after the 2 years warranty is over. most people lost the ability and the desire to fix things when they are broken.

I was thinking... (Brace yourself. This may be a long post, so skip it if you like). You have been warned!

I'm not that old, but I'm old enough to have seen most of our tools and gadgets go from sturdy tools to pasticky, gimmicky, pices of shit.

This has now become the standard and people are fine with buying things that break in a week or two and just throw them away without ever going back to the store to ask for their money back. It's expected -- In the old days, people would keep their recipts for years, in case something like their toaster, or other appliance would break.

So this is my rant as to why we need to go back to the simle tools that work and avoing the new gimmicky POS items like plastic rachet screwdrivers that break in yor freaking hand... Don't fall for the hype unless you like to throw yor money away on cheap plastic shit that breaks in a week -- disposable, even if it's not marketed as such.

Back to basics baby!

hoyo77

Tools used to last forever and you would inherit your dad's tools, which he had inherited form his dad, and so on...

I got tired of spending so much on shitty plastic razors that I kept throwing away -- way too quickly, but I didn't give it enough thought and kept using them for many years... All this time, they just kept adding more and more blades to justify the rising price tag of these disposable POS.

Fairly recently, I really got tired of the situation and after a bit of research, I bought a Safety Razor and have never looked back!

This Razorock Mission razor cost only $20 on eBay and came with 20 blades. It's built to last forever and it shaves MUCH better than a new 7 bladed, plasticky POS. On top of this, it is MUCH cheaper to use than the new, disposables. (See pic at the bottom of this post).

Bikes used to be one speed, but also fixed gear (which means Direct-Drive). The pedal's crank was directly connected to the rear wheel by the chain -- if you pedalled forward, the bike would move forward, and if you pedalled back, the rear wheel would move backwards. You would stop the bike by stopping yor legs from pedalling -- no breaks were used.

This Direct Drive was actually much more efficient than the new freewheel drives which were then replaced by the gears that kept increasing in gear numbers as time went on.

To keep a long post "less long," I will let you do yor own research on "Fixed Gear Bikes" or "Fixies," and while you're at it, you can check out why the old school Leather Bike Seats (called saddles), are MUCH better than any new-fangled Gel-filled modern P.O.S. as well...

But my point is, that the modern Vaporizers follow this same marketing madness: Keep adding bells and whistles, like Temperature pre-sets, More LEDs than a X-Mas tree, colors to match your socks and panties, etc, etc, etc... You can even control one with a damn App from yor phone now... Really? I want an App for my Vape now? WTF?

Since they can't improve on a good vaporizer, they have to add more lights, colors, and doodas -- same as they do with your smart phones.

But the Vapman works incredibly well with its simple, yet presission construction and functionality. No need for lights, bells and whistles. It works simply, reliably, and perfectly.

It's very similar to the old school razor blades in that it gets the job done reliably, with little moving parts, but it's presission built and looks very aestetically pleasing to boot.

Back to basics baby!

missionrazor3.JPG
I like that razor analogy. I shave with a straight razor/shavette that i snap a double edge blade in half and place in the shavette...been shaving with that for 30 plus years....i have tried many vapes with all the bells and whistles but for me i get the best performance out of the manual butane powered vapes. They keep it simple...flame, breath, vapor...the way it should be. Vapman, The Hammer, Triihouse, Supreme Vaporizer are well represented at FC. And i think as the world is becoming more green and worrying more about the environment, i think we will see more people coming over to this style of vaping.

Mr Mellish

Back to basics baby!

missionrazor3.JPG

Sorry, I just can't get past the fact that you've started thinking! Was there more to the post after that?

I agree with you and I'm slightly amazed that I also just switched to a safety razor. Disposables be damned!

M0J0

I agree with you and I'm slightly amazed that I also just switched to a safety razor. Disposables be damned!
@hoyo77 & @Mr Mellish, great minds think alike! Or at least we've been inspired by the same Angels or Demons!

@axakal, Yes. That's a very good point on replacement parts. It's something that impressed me when I first saw the Vapman. "I can get spare parts!? Cool!"

Seasoned Senior

@hoyo77 That Razorock looks just like the German-made Merkur for a lot less money. I'm fascinated by safety razors but have a full beard and don't know if I can maintain the shape without the flexibility of disposables. At least I buy inexpensive ones from Harry's instead of Gillette. I agree, the Vapman is brilliantly simple.

BTW, @NorVape, the friend who purchased my beloved Vapman had the same experience as you. She was using it only for hash, got it too sticky, and pulled it apart.

M0J0

@hoyo77 That Razorock looks just like the German-made Merkur for a lot less money. I'm fascinated by safety razors but have a full beard and don't know if I can maintain the shape without the flexibility of disposables. At least I buy inexpensive ones from Harry's instead of Gillette. I agree, the Vapman is brilliantly simple.

BTW, @NorVape, the friend who purchased my beloved Vapman had the same experience as you. She was using it only for hash, got it too sticky, and pulled it apart.
I also liked the SLAB, but it was $45 instead of $20 and there didn't seem to be a good reason to pay more than double when the reviews for the Mission were so good. But still $45 for such a good Razor is cheap!

9156487370_51f4dc54fb_b.jpg

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Best safety razor IMO is the merkur progress, you can adjust blade to go from softer to much more aggressive shaving

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000J...&dpID=41yk4yrUU3L&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SX200_QL40

Haven't tried it yet but it is in my whish list since I saw it. Merkur futur too is quite interesting

Btw it is hard to think to use VM and a 7blades plastic dumb proof razor even if duality is present in each human being.

And for blades: platinum coated "feather", very sharp and you can by them by hundred and they don't rust as the cheap ones. (30€ for 100 in eu)

hoyo77

M0J0

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
While I am enjoying the razor talk, it is off topic now and someone should start a razor thread if they want to continue the discussion, or you could always take the topic to PMs.

Now, who has some Vapman porn that they would like to share? :brow:

:peace:

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Well, it arrived today and I haven't been this exceedingly vaped out in a while.

I could gush on and on, but in short, my new Vapman lives up to every stereotype I can think of when I think of Switzerland and it's reputstion for fine quality precision craftsmanship.

Do the Saint Bernards that rescue lost travellers in the snow carry a Vapman now instead of a flask of brandy?

I'll never own a fancy Swiss watch or any number of fine luxury Swiss made products, but one refreshing thing is that the same attention to detail and precision often extends to much more ordinary functional items and tools. This is fortunate for a guy like me who can enjoy something as nice as my new completely basic model Vapman. That the basic model is not any less of device also makes me happy.

Also, I want to thank you for the simple, ordinary packaging. I'm happy to have received a perfectly designed functional carry case instead of an impressive but wasteful and useless iPhone style overblown presentation case unboxing experience that would add $20 to the final cost but add nothing to the user's experience. There was nothing extra or wasteful in the box: just the device, it's case, a nicely printed manual, a few extra bits I ordered, and no more packing peanuts than necessary. Precise and efficient.

So this Vapman Ambassador from Cascadia is proud to finally check in and report my initial compete satisfaction has matched and exceeded my expectations.

Unisonruss

Just wanted to give another post of admiration for this simply amazing vaporizer. I find myself wanting to use it more and more, it's just so brilliantly thought out. Insanely portable, and gives as thick of a cloud as you want, on demand. The only thing in the world to make this vaporizer better for me would be to have one with a larger chamber. I'd like to carry this thing around like a cigarette and hit it throughout the day, then come home and drop the avb. Changing it out and about is not as easy as when you're at home, that's for sure. But at home, this thing is crazy fun to use and very effective.

Also, I bought an ebony wood stem on eBay to go with my vm. Now the entire thing is wood, and I like that much better. Twas a nice upgrade, I'm including a link in case anybody else is interested in grabbing one. Fits perfect! http://www.ebay.com/itm/131437581294?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

subway13029

Im am not having much luck with my vapman..I own the lotus and lily and am having a Mic harder time with the vapman..I have read the thread but Ikeep fforgetting more than I read..any tips I should try for some nice hits??

subway13029,

vapman

Manufacturer
i strongly suggest, you include this racing bike analogy and other recent information you spilled here on how to treat the vapman in the service manual. i think it might help the owner to treat the vapman the way it is supposed to be treated. it's a sophisticated device and not a dirt bike. i'm not criticising @NorVape 's way of using it. he was in it for the science and knew, he was testing the boundries, but some unexperienced users out there might get wrong expectations about the durability of the vapman and ride it to the grave rather sooner than later. assuming, not all of them know about this wonderfull place here, it could lead to claims, that the vapman is not sturdy enough. which would be nothing but farther from truth.

@axakal Yes, this is what we are going to do as soon we get the next lot of manuals printed, on our website we will update the manual as soon we get the chance. Thank you for the input!:)

Well, it arrived today and I haven't been this exceedingly vaped out in a while.

I could gush on and on, but in short, my new Vapman lives up to every stereotype I can think of when I think of Switzerland and it's reputstion for fine quality precision craftsmanship.

Do the Saint Bernards that rescue lost travellers in the snow carry a Vapman now instead of a flask of brandy?

I'll never own a fancy Swiss watch or any number of fine luxury Swiss made products, but one refreshing thing is that the same attention to detail and precision often extends to much more ordinary functional items and tools. This is fortunate for a guy like me who can enjoy something as nice as my new completely basic model Vapman. That the basic model is not any less of device also makes me happy.

Also, I want to thank you for the simple, ordinary packaging. I'm happy to have received a perfectly designed functional carry case instead of an impressive but wasteful and useless iPhone style overblown presentation case unboxing experience that would add $20 to the final cost but add nothing to the user's experience. There was nothing extra or wasteful in the box: just the device, it's case, a nicely printed manual, a few extra bits I ordered, and no more packing peanuts than necessary. Precise and efficient.

So this Vapman Ambassador from Cascadia is proud to finally check in and report my initial compete satisfaction has matched and exceeded my expectations.

@ChippyMalone I am so glad, vapman is finding it`s way to people like you and many others on this forum, there is so much mutual understanding and appreciation, I really enjoyed reading your post!
You know we`ve been criticized for our "poor" packaging in the past, after reading your post, I know that there is hope in this world and that I`m not alone. I made vapman 10 years ago and it wasn`t a real commercial success so far but I still feel very lucky and happy about vapman because I am aware that vapman is timeless and carries an universal message lot of users around the world understand.
What more could I ask for?:nod:
Call me crazy but I am seriously thinking that vapman has the ingredients to become a cult object,
it is timeless, combines aesthetics, function and materials in an optimal way. Since vapman came out,
a lot of different models and updates of vaporizers appeared and disappeared on the market, always claming that the latest model is better than the previous one. Vapman never changed and simply stayed good. Best regards to the ambassador of Cascadia!:D:peace:

@Unisonruss You are one more understanding the universal message. Thank you!:peace:

vapman

friedrich

Little-Known Member
Yeah, this little guy is pretty amazing; I find myself reaching for it over my e-nano sometimes!

Yesterday I was thinking about some kind of mount/bracket/frame to hold the lighter and vapman together in position for completely one-handed usage... am I crazy?? Has anyone tried to build such a thing before?

Im am not having much luck with my vapman..I own the lotus and lily and am having a Mic harder time with the vapman..I have read the thread but Ikeep fforgetting more than I read..any tips I should try for some nice hits??
Here's what I do:
  1. give it a 3-4 second burst of heat (two in a row if it isn't already hot)
  2. take a short draw
  3. puff it out (and immediately back in) to check the vapor
  4. repeat steps 1-3 until the vapor is looking nice
  5. take a full draw
  6. whoa

Top Bottom